Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Xara Mod - Official Thread: Kill3r7 BANNED

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2010 18:42 Edited at: 20th Apr 2010 17:46
Quote: "It could probably, I did A cubemap test in Source SDK that has familiar shaders to that, I attached a screenie of it, I would probably say xara mod has better graphics then the orange box engine"

Using default Half-Life 2 textures and models, yes.

But can FPS Creator do this? Comparing FPS Creator to The Orange Box engine is fine for tiny little indoor scenes like that, as it tends to look outdated in most modern cases anyway.

Your signature has been erased by a mod because of the forum's stupidly tiny restrictions, along with other things such as lack of automatic image resizing, and lack of embedding videos.
PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2010 03:58 Edited at: 16th Apr 2010 03:59
Ugh, each time I try to test a game, no matter what I do, I get some sort of error. Here I have a new error... Attached...

I was using custom segments that usually work (they have no shaders on them) and just placed two dynamic lights Help? Also, when I tried to use Scifi segments, no changes, they gave me a 'shader already exists' error or something. Help... I really want to use this

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2010 05:12 Edited at: 16th Apr 2010 05:13
Sorry for the double.

Ok, now I get an even worse error. I don't even know what in the hell I'm doing to get these I copied the media folder from the demo game along with the noheight and nonormal textures. Also the Shader folder.

I just use a Metro Theater segment, put two dynamic lights, and I get that error.

I would really appreciate assistance any time now... Thanks.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Yazimat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2010 06:31
I get runtime error 7723 - Effect already exists at line 12522

Please help!

Mico Abrina
SH4773R
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2010 07:06
How do i use this?

Who the hell is General Failure? And why is he trying to read my hard disk?

My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.
defiler
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2010 20:39
Im afraid to say this is is one of those mods where the person who made it is unfourtanetly too lazy to leave instructions on how to get it working...

Limitless Box studios current project: Lost Contact
Dark Goblin
Years of Service
User Offline
Its not my job doing this, as I am the creator of the base of this mod, but I will do.

You normally have to copy all files in the files folder.
These include:

- the nonormal and nonheight textures
- the "Media" and "Shaders" folder
- everything uncommon for FPSC in the files folder

than you can run the game. In this version, normally you should been able to run it in test game mode, in CorVus Mod you needed to build an executable!

Dont know what Kill3r3 has done so far, as I am no longer working with FPSC, maybe if the 117 is out ^^

Hope this will help you get everything running. And its a shame that Kill3r3 does not support you in that case, as he is the only one who uses my code and made a "new" Mod of it. xDD

... efxMod Developer!
PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2010 21:50
Alright, thanks DG. I did that, but still it doesn't work. I'll have to keep trying - hopefully kill3r will help soon...

Yazimat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2010 07:22 Edited at: 29th Apr 2010 20:53
Greetings everybody! Everyone I need your help. I need xara mod for something very important and my deadline is tomorrow but I keep getting this error:
runtime error 7723 - Effect already exists at line 12522

I am FPSC 1.16. I installed the mod by placing nonormal.tga and nonheight.tga in the files folder. I then put the Media and Shaders in the files folder too. I then replaced the FPSC-Game.exe with the xara mod FPSC-Game.exe. That is all I did. Please I need it now! badly!

Edit:

Please! I really need it now. K3ll3r where are you?

Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2010 09:25
Last screenie looks superb!
Killer, do you have any news regarding this project?
Or maybe someone else?

Cause i really cant wait for this to be finished.

"Fromage Cake"
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2010 13:34 Edited at: 3rd May 2010 13:35
[Edited] Nvm dont care anymore.

lotgd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2010 15:24 Edited at: 3rd May 2010 15:24
i have problem, in test game "runtime Error 7723 Effect already exists at line 12522"

with fpsc 1.16

Yazimat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2010 15:26 Edited at: 3rd May 2010 16:15
Quote: "i have problem, in test game "runtime Error 7723 Effect already exists at line 12522

with fpsc 1.16""

me too dude and nobody in this whole forum solved my problem.

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2010 01:08
So how is this mod coming along now.

Is the character jumping bug fixed now and the frame rate and weapons bugs etc?

Would be very interested to try and stable version of this mod

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2010 15:08
Kill3r7 has been caught uploading Bond's Zombie Pack to another file sharing site. He is now banned for life (well, till 2999 anyways).

If you upload illegal content, it doesn't matter who you are; we will find out...and you will be gone.

-Keith
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "2999 anyways)."

But then he can come back.

I am afraid.

charger bandit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2010 15:56
Not very surprising,his DBPro copy was probably stolen too.

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Not very surprising,his DBPro copy was probably stolen too."

Especially when it is there out for free, did TGC upload it? They should be banned.

charger bandit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2010 17:28
He was making the mod before DBPro got free so he had it probably illegal. You also need Darklights.

Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2010 18:58
Quote: "He was making the mod before DBPro got free so he had it probably illegal. You also need Darklights."

I agree that what he did was hanus, but that's not exactly fair. There's no proof of that and he at least deserves the benefit of the doubt... Keep in mind, he was caught uploading not downloading. It's not like DBP was even that expensive to begin with.

Anyway, another mod bites the dust

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2010 19:09
Uploading is worse, in my opinion. Expensive or not, it's still a commercial product.

-Keith
Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2010 19:41 Edited at: 5th May 2010 19:42
Oh, no... I totally agree, uploading IS worse...

I was just saying that because Kill3r7 uploaded an MP, that does not give charger bandit the right to make unrelated accusations about other pirating matters that have no proof or meaning, that's all...

If you upload, you're in effect making more pirates, which IS worse, not to mention directly stealing to boot! I just can't stand liable, sorry for the confusion

Deevos Cranium
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2010 19:42
How do you get caught doing something like that anyway?you would have to have 100% proof evidence?
(not that i think piracy is acceptable of course)
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2010 19:56
I don't see how anyone had proof that he pirated a model pack. Did someone scan his TCP/IP ports? someone get his mac address or IP? which by the way is illegal. So your telling me I can go upload a model pack and make my torrent name KeithC from Michigan. Would we honestly ban KeithC? I mean, he is a well respected mod, along with that VBOTB guy who was band. I just want to know what evidence supports this claim.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2010 20:44
I can tell you that I will in no way divulge the methods I use. End of story.

Suffice it to say that even Lee agreed with my findings.

-Keith
Deevos Cranium
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2010 20:49
Ok,that makes it sound worse keith,i dont want to be you enemy or anything but how do i or any other members know that we are not being watched by some kind of home made software scanning programme that can access everything we do even when we are not logged in to tgc web site?
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmmm, I would stop if I were you. U can beat him in any way. And i am sure he did it on a right way. And even with very powerfull sources.

I have been here since 2007, and he has always been a great contributor and great mod.

Deevos Cranium
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2010 21:04
im not beating on him im simply asking a friendly question,i want to know if my privacy is safe and will be safe in the future as long as i use this site,i think that remark about his methods was not very convincing,i dont know the guy face to face and neither do you proberly,i would like to be told by him that my privacy is safe,and i DO NOT support piracy.
Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2010 21:08
I've never seen KeithC (or any mod, for that matter) abuse his power or act unfairly in anyway. End of story... I'm sorry I got off topic, this is a Xera Mod thread. Can we please keep it that way?

Deevos Cranium
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2010 21:16
fare enough,but my last post wasnt for you wraith,i have great respect for moderators but a shiney mod badge will not stop me asking a question about anything that invades my privacy,i hope any moderator can respect that.
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2010 22:03
He was supposed to help us with the x10 mod. Not going to happen now I see. Anyway, deevos your privacy should be fine unless they hid some bot net code inside one of the model packs (TGC would never do that lol) What KeithC probably did was found the torrent, and either downloaded it or imbeded himself as a tracker, and looked for the Host IP address. After he did this he most likely went and looked for the IP that kill3r logged onto this site with and compared. Then sent it off to lee. If kill3r was smart he would have onion shelled his connection because most people who upload torrents don't ever think that they will get caught. This method isn't illegal however it's sneaky.

Deevos Cranium
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2010 22:30
thanks for the explanation sovietif that was explained to us in the first place then this thread wouldnt have gone about 10000miles off topic,thanks again
SekoIdiootti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2010 22:49
Quote: "KeithC probably did was found the torrent, and either downloaded it or imbeded himself as a tracker, and looked for the Host IP address. "

But then he would be a pirate...

Quote: "I've never seen KeithC (or any mod, for that matter) abuse his power or act unfairly in anyway. End of story..."

Well, I have seen many moderators abuse their power... a LOT this year. Not last year, at all. But this year, especially this last month... they've all started banning EVERYONE with small suspections of things...

I don't want to be banned for "mocking" moderators... I'm just saying my opinion..

...Sorry for the offtopic...

Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2010 22:50
Ugh.

I never trusted this guy.

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2010 22:53
I agree with Red-Eye, mods don't abuse their power

Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun.
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2010 23:04
Quote: "But then he would be a pirate..."

Probably why he isn't saying anything about his method. Interestingly enough, the mods told us about their methods on how they found out who pirated that PB mod.

Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2010 23:25
Keithc, how can you be certain Kill3r7 did it ? I know some guy uploaded a pirated pack with Bloody James's name in the file name, Bloody James told me about it.

Windows 7, Amd Athlon 7750 Black Editon (64 bit,3ghz + Dual Core), ATI Readon HD 4870 1gb Edition, 4gb Ram.
Woolfman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2010 23:28 Edited at: 5th May 2010 23:31
Well he just said that he's NOT going to tell how he does it Maybe I should driver the hour and go ask KeithC in person. Naaa don't really care.

Anyways another one bites the dust.

I wonder if he learned his lesson? HAHAHAHA probably not.
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2010 00:33
I think it says somewhere on the gamecreators site (its one of the texts one *should* read before making an account) that the gamecreators reserve the right to ban forum accounts or store accounts.

There is no use in discussing this. its just like when the head referee throws a flag in the super bowl - the decision will be final.

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2010 00:36 Edited at: 6th May 2010 00:41
@Woolfman:

You live an hours drive from KeithC's? That's... wait, not gonna get off topic again. So, who's gonna continue Xera now? Someone who knows Kill3r7 and who is not a should ask him for its source, maybe... What do you guys think?

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2010 00:58
Quote: "There is no use in discussing this. its just like when the head referee throws a flag in the super bowl - the decision will be final.
"

Incorrect. The owners of the team have the right to three video reviews.

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 6th May 2010 01:15 Edited at: 6th May 2010 02:03
I am beginning to find this Hilarious.

{edit}
Quote: "I know some guy uploaded a pirated pack with Bloody James's name in the file name, Bloody James told me about it."

So obviously Bloody James downloaded it

DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2010 03:17
Quote: "So obviously Bloody James downloaded it"

lol

[img][/img]
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2010 05:28
I will say that no one's privacy is at issue. If you feel it is, then you are welcome to stop frequenting this Forum/Site.

-Keith
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2010 07:18 Edited at: 6th May 2010 07:26
Quote: "Kill3r7 has been caught uploading Bond's Zombie Pack to another file sharing site. He is now banned for life (well, till 2999 anyways)."

Thanks Keith! I've had two occurances already this week where I've had to contact Mediashare and Uploading.com to get the pack removed from those sites too.

Considering the upfront ESRB cost that came out of my pocket, I'm being extra vigilant about piracy on this pack.

----------------------------------------
"bond1 - You see this name, you think dirty."
Dark Goblin
Years of Service
User Offline
So he uploaded a MP.
Bad thing, especially if its a really good pack (which I can only judge from videos).

I dont think that one should upload anything of any software which is not free but especially nothing related to Indie, because the developer need the money.

Hope he learned of it!

... efxMod Developer!
Miguel Lobo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2010 17:57
Nobody in this forum as ever used pirated software of course....

Windows 7 | Intel i7 | 6Gb Ram | ATI 4870X2
Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2010 20:50 Edited at: 6th May 2010 20:53
Quote: "Nobody in this forum as ever used pirated software of course"

By the time Keith is finished swinging his ban hammer; I'd say that would be a pretty accurate statement, indeed.

It's really a slap in the face to the artists here that release these packs for literally pennies on the dollar, and still have to worry about people from the community taking away the little profit they make for their generous contributions by uploading the packs to file sharing sites.

I'm sure that if someone would have managed to obtain Killer's source to this mod, and then start handing it out to everyone here, he'd have a new perspective on the subject as well.

Kravenwolf

Dark Goblin
Years of Service
User Offline
^^ hm well...
my Source was Open Source and as far as I can see, he has done some fixes here and there, but nothing ultra special ^^

So there is nothing to be worried about, for him ;D

... efxMod Developer!
Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2010 21:10
@KeithC

I'm not convinced Kill3r7 has pirated anything and I think more investigation is to be done. If the file name had (By Kill3r7) at the end then this could be anyone, it could be someone from this forum uploading packs trying to get people in trouble and banned.

To prove it was kill3r7 you need 100% proof that it was him, simply saying it was him and your not sharing your methods isn't really enough. I don't want us to be enemies or anything but I just don't see that this was kill3r7 who uploaded this pack.

Windows 7, Amd Athlon 7750 Black Editon (64 bit,3ghz + Dual Core), ATI Readon HD 4870 1gb Edition, 4gb Ram.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 01:53:49
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 01:53:49