Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / [U3] Relict

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2011 02:41 Edited at: 2nd Jan 2011 02:43
Screenshots remind me of the first Unreal game the one Epic made in 1998, not sure why, perhaps its the palette or the colour saturation or even the texture style. Are you going to use any pixel shaders for this game?

michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2011 08:46
this game is just going to be awesome.I like your detail on everything.

more than what meets the eye

Welcome to SciFi Summer
Omegamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2011 11:52
Will there Be redhead women in Relict ?

Play to life,Life to play!!!
Bejasc3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2011 14:22
Quote: "Will there Be redhead women in Relict"

Keep up the great work wolf
Omegamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2011 14:28
Quote: ""

Cause he likes redhairwomen.

Bejasc3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2011 14:30
Ohhh yeahhhh
I remember seeing that somewhere, I think it was on his deviant art.
Why not put a few in
Omegamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2011 14:36
They could be nude

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2011 18:26
Quote: "Looking great Wolf. Some more vines creeping up the walls of the courtyard would help break up that texture a bit more"

I tried that out but it looked fake...perhaps I will find a better vine model sooner or later.

Quote: "on't nkow if they were part of a recently released pack but good job on the characters, especially the female"

John Fletcher made them. Yeah, they are very underrated on these forums (maybe because they do only have fighting animation scripts...I had to open them in Fragmotion to find the other (awesome) animations)

Textures are remade by me of course.

Quote: "Are you planning any innovative enemy designs? This game looks like it would be perfect for some large, impressive monsters. With your artistic background and experience with horror, you could make some really demonic looking enemies."

Thank you and as you can see on page 2. Josh Mooney is helping me a lot to realise my character ideas in 3d ...and he's awesomly talented.

As you might have red...the story line leads into some demonic paralelle universes and yes...the game will have this kind of creatures.

Quote: "this game is just going to be awesome.I like your detail on everything."

Thank you! Even though I had to remove a lot from some levels to keep the framerate over 50.

Quote: "Will there Be redhead women in Relict ?"

... of course But they won't be nude
Oh! And take a close look on some window artworks in the demo

Quote: "Are you going to use any pixel shaders for this game?"

Yes...and thats why I post the newest

Update

So! The big new addition to the game are Shadereffects on...well...everything!

I started with some segments (and of course the charackters always had shaders). Look at the first results in Level 1:

Important Note Some of you guys might now think that those huge maps would lag with shader effects on the segments, but it did only take 2 frames. I'm happily surprised with the result

-Wolf

God Helps the Beast in Me!
Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2011 18:49
Quote: "Important Note Some of you guys might now think that those huge maps would lag with shader effects on the segments, but it did only take 2 frames. I'm happily surprised with the result"

with my crappy computer i get 14fps with any full screen shader and about a 6-10fps decrease with bonds segment shader, will there be an option to turn off any shaders?

warsow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2011 19:41
yummy ! i cant wait to try this ! bond 1 segment shader on your texture look awesome!!

Your signature has been erased by a mod please reduce it to 600 x 120.
SekoIdiootti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2011 20:37
OMG THAT... You... Seriously. You're getting better and better, and everyday you post updates, I think "you can't get any better than that! " and the next day you post an update and I'm like "Whaaa?! That's even more awesome than the earlier! Well, the next thing would be as good as super-commercial games that've been developed for years, and that's impossib---" and then you post more, and I have to scream "SERIOUSLY! That's as good as super-commercial games! Weeeell, can't get better than that."

...And You'll prove me wrong in that. Keep up the great work! Because those new screenshots look almost like they could be from a game developed together by the best game companies. The only thing I can say is not like that is the maps probably aren't HUUUUUUGE. If they are, then you're the ******** ********* ** *************************** (censored the words, because humans aren't meant to know them <- means that I can't think of what is big enough on the scale of AwesomEPICness).

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2011 14:16 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2011 14:17
Quote: "with my crappy computer i get 14fps with any full screen shader and about a 6-10fps decrease with bonds segment shader, will there be an option to turn off any shaders?"

Yes! I can not yet tell how much performance options will be available, but Fullscreen Shaders and Resolution will be changeable for sure.

Quote: "yummy ! i cant wait to try this ! bond 1 segment shader on your texture look awesome!!"

haha! I'm already hurrying with the demo

Quote: "...And You'll prove me wrong in that. Keep up the great work! Because those new screenshots look almost like they could be from a game developed together by the best game companies. The only thing I can say is not like that is the maps probably aren't HUUUUUUGE. If they are, then you're the ******** ********* ** *************************** (censored the words, because humans aren't meant to know them <- means that I can't think of what is big enough on the scale of AwesomEPICness)."

Thanks man! Feels good to know people enjoy my work

Remember that I'm doing this with a 50$ engine.
Everytime I read those posts on Moddb or other sites of how bad FPSCreator is and that it is impossible to create a good game with it I wish I could punch people in the face via my DSL Connection...but I'm offtopic! Thanks a lot for your post, seko!

-Wolf

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 3rd Jan 2011 14:43
Everything has been said; I can think of no netter superlatives than those that have already been used. You're doing us proud. Thanks again for showing the possibilities and setting the bar high.

Brian.

... and the band played on.
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
I think the lighting design, texturing and map design are the best I have seen around here. I haven't been around the wip board a lot of late and judging from this I got a bit of catching up to do.
OutdoorGamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2011 01:39
Wow,you always seem to make works of art. I like the character models btw very original.

Visit Gamers Feed to keep up on all latest Gaming News!

2 Rogues
Years of Service
User Offline
I was going to reccomend shaders, but well, I guess you are smart enough. Looks absolutely gorgeous!
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2011 10:36 Edited at: 7th Jan 2011 17:36
Last time I checked this thread, it only had 1 page and not so many posts. Now I read all your posts trough and got an awesomeness overhaul. I have to be careful about awesomeness, if I see just a bit too much awesomeness from now on, my head may explode...

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2011 22:44
Quote: "Everything has been said; I can think of no netter superlatives than those that have already been used. You're doing us proud. Thanks again for showing the possibilities and setting the bar high."

Wow! Thank you! I really did not expect this

Quote: "I think the lighting design, texturing and map design are the best I have seen around here. I haven't been around the wip board a lot of late and judging from this I got a bit of catching up to do."
Thank you! Its great to hear this from such an experienced FPSC User and Artist as you are. Jupp...this sounded like bootlicking, but its my honest opinion.

Quote: "Wow,you always seem to make works of art. I like the character models btw very original."

John Fletcher made the characters...but thanks

Quote: "I was going to reccomend shaders, but well, I guess you are smart enough. Looks absolutely gorgeous!"

Thank you...its a lot of work messing around with all the shadermaps though.

Quote: "Now I read all your posts trough and got an awesomeness overhaul. I have to be careful about awesomeness, if I see jsut a bit toomuvh awesomeness from now on, my head may explode..."

Thank you...its cool to see that people actually read my posts...and to see that they like it. thx Metal Devil

The Next update might take a while because I need to adjust everything to the new visual quality.

-Wolf

Bejasc3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2011 17:55
NEW visual quality?
Is it possible to look any better?
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2011 18:01
Quote: "NEW visual quality?
Is it possible to look any better? "

I hope so You guys can judge as soon as the new screenshots arrive And maybe I even make a small video

Eh, guys...why didn't anyone tell me that the correct term is "Relic"

-Wolf

anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2011 22:27
Because "Relict" sounds cooler

Cant wait for the new screens!

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
Juzi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2011 22:36
Quote: "Eh, guys...why didn't anyone tell me that the correct term is "Relic""

I thought the name sounded weird but didn't point it out because I thought you played with the word a little . Don't change it, it's more unique this way.

Bejasc3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2011 04:58 Edited at: 8th Jan 2011 05:07
I thought you were playing with words a little too, and 'Relict' meaning cult, or something like that.
But Relict does sound cooler. It also looks much better with the title graphic.

I still don't know what the story is about, and Im not going to find out either
Until I actually play the game. It will remain a mystery.

Quote: "Definitions of relict on the Web:

=an organism or species surviving as a remnant of an otherwise extinct flora or fauna in an environment much changed from that in which it originated
=geological feature that is a remnant of a pre-existing formation after other parts have disappeared"
DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
I saw 'Relick' .

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2011 04:21
Quote: "an organism or species surviving as a remnant of an otherwise extinct flora or fauna in an environment much changed from that in which it originated"

Ahh! I can refer to some kind of demon thing that survived. It fits the story line and I can keep the name

-Wolf

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2011 22:40
Hi!

Time for a little bump

Update

Quote: "

* Updated most of my Media and Segments to new quality and shader effects
* Fixed a lot of collision bugs (even though I hope 1.18 will have better collision)
* Finalized Players Healthbar
* Level 5 and 6 are growing.

"

Well... there is still a lot to do and I encounter a whole lot of Bugs with dynamic entities...sometimes they disappear, sometimes they appear black... its really horrible. Perhaps its 1.18 Beta's fault.

Well...enough of me struggeling to write in english that makes sense. Well, I can't show you as much new stuff as I want to, but well, here: some new screenshots.

The Hallway in Level 2 (former Level 1) drenched in new visual effects.

Cave Nurrhia... created by fusing Human Body Parts with Demonblood. The eyes glow which is a pretty cool effect

Art is an important aspect in the design of Relict.

Level 1...a dorm room of the adebts.

Well, I would like to show you more of this hallway, but there is a really ...female... painting there that might violate the AUP.

Courtyard final version

Okay! As usally: comments are welcome

-Wolf

PekelaarSFX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2011 22:47
Looks nice wolf!

I love your level design

Anyway, still need help with the voice acting?
I'm avaidable

OutdoorGamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2011 22:57
Looks great as always! Keep it up. The eyes are a good effect.

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2011 04:19
@PekelaarSFX

Yes I do But I have to finish the Demo first. Voice Acting will be one of the last steps in the development.

@Outdoor Gamer

Thanks man!

Just wanted to inform you guys that I won't continue with the whole lizardmen thing. I jus't don't have enough props to make goodlooking Templelevels without human influences.

-Wolf

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
mm What About lizardmen eslaving Humans to construct?

SilverCrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey Wolf, wanted to let you know that I FINALLY got around to emailing you back about a certain subject

TZap
Years of Service
User Offline
Excellent look to your game. Very pro-looking.
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks great Wolf! Sorry I seemed to have missed this one. As far as your characters appearing dark, one of the things I have done is put the model in milkshape remove the original texture and then assign a new one. Sometimes when making characters in 3ds they have like a dark shader applied to it. But sometimes you can just adjust the shader it uses, by changing the surface lighting. Hope that helps you some.

michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2011 16:34
outstanding work wolf. you are breaking new grounds with this game.this I have ever seen out of fpsc. you make a $50 program look like a $100 program.

more than what meets the eye

Welcome to SciFi Summer
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2011 17:56
Quote: "Eh, guys...why didn't anyone tell me that the correct term is "Relic""

Because you can't be best at everything wolf, for awhile I didn't think it was possible for you to mess up xD but its ok we still love you.

As usual your projects are stunning. Keep up the great work.

Putting fear back into sliced bread since 4th May 2010
PekelaarSFX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2011 18:43
Like it matters?

Relict is a far more better title then Relic, Because of a unknown reason it just sounds awesome!

Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2011 19:21
Nice job with the courtyard - the change of lighting has really sorted it out.
AJ Schaeffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2011 19:50
offtopic//
wolf i sent you an email
endofftopic//

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2011 01:59 Edited at: 13th Jan 2011 02:00
Quote: "Hey Wolf, wanted to let you know that I FINALLY got around to emailing you back about a certain subject
"

I wrote you back

@TZap Thanks

@Starmind: What did you miss? // No, I don't have problems with characters.... more with random dynamic objects.

@Michael X Thanks man! Very motivating! Even though I don't know any 100$ Engine

@Soviet176 Ha You never saw me modeling, I mess it up all the time Thanks though

@Pekelaar SFX: Yeah! I remember reading a videogame magazine I got from my brohter as a child...they had this game in it. It was some kind of Adventure named "Phantasmagoria". Man! That was the most awesome game title ever...but wait... why am I telling you this? Glad you like the title.

@Butt Monkey Perhaps the shadereffect on the wall? because I didn't change anything with the lightning.

@A.J. Schaeffer replied

Well... I worked another hour on Relict today...my results:

Lighting the area with crystals has this cold eeriee fealing
The shader does look pretty cool on those glyphs too

Yeah...the doortexture and this whole magical barriere thing needs some finetuning. But its already a nice effect.

These Graves mix Dungeon with Natural Cave Feeling. The whole thing is torn apart and there are a lot of collapsed sections that lead in cave areas.

Hey! And if you're interested, you might also drop by on the MODDB Page

-Wolf

OutdoorGamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2011 02:39
I really like how you use the crystals for lighting. Great Idea!

ajkcool
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2011 04:21
where is demo? cant find.

"Hey everyone, I love you." jk
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Lady Nymorra...she gives you you're first mission.
Sadly the characters appear really dark in 1.17...I sure hope this will be fixed in 1.18"

Sorry for some reason this stuck in my head when I made the post.

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2011 09:17
Quote: "I really like how you use the crystals for lighting. Great Idea!
"

Thanks! I was thinking of Fluorescing Animals so I don't oversue the crystals...well...lets see what I can come up with.

Quote: "where is demo? cant find."

Could be because I didn't release one yet.
Quote: "
Sorry for some reason this stuck in my head when I made the post."

I see! Thanks for the help, pal!

-Wolf

OutdoorGamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2011 23:15
Quote: "Quote: "where is demo? cant find."

Could be because I didn't release one yet. "

Gave me a laugh. Can't wait for updates.

E007eragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2011 01:02
Hey Wolf,
You've got some really impressive work here. I love the dark dungeons with the glowing crystals. An idea for you... Maybe add a necromancer/dark mage faction. I think they would fit quite well in some of those screens. They could practice dark magic or necromancy or what ever.
And btw.... Once I finish the Wartorn MP i'm working on, i will probably make a fantasy pack. This could give you lots more media, seeing that there really isn't a whole lot of it around here.

Again, great work.
E007eragon

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2011 03:34
Reminds me of the game Rune, my only crit would be to change the texture on the walls of the courtyard, you can see it tiling, it seems the wrong colour for the rest of the image, grey and not brownish, and it looks low rez, it would look better swapped.

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2011 08:55
@E007Eragon: I have a lot of HalfDemons/Dark Mage folks in the game, but thanks for the supportive idea
I'm looking forward to what you come up with in that medieval pack.

@fallen one: Yeah! I changed that texture a lot of times and this one is the one I'm almost happy with...so I keep it. It looks a lot better in Game though.

Update

I had an awesome weekend. I visited my grandparents in the retirement center and I managed to catch myself some terrible illness. I was unable to eat for 2 days and I've been losing bodyfluit in every possible way. I'm still feeling dizzy while writing this...so, the reason why I tell you this is that I woke up in the middle of the night feeling a lot better and made these Charackter retextures and a little mapping. Well...I have to admit that almost all the credits go to Bond1...for the shaders and the charackter mesh...but well, check it out:

I swapped the Goblin/Nurrhia with Undead Guardians...those Goblin-fella's simply didn't fit in. I'll use them somewhere else. And hey: Whats an FPSC Game without Zombie's? ........ Probably less stereotypical.

The Upside-Down Pyramid is a giant subterranean Dungeon... I somehow figured that there wouldn't be much oxygene so I add a lot of plantpots, and later even garden's. There will be a few riddles where the player has to activate the wateringsystem in order to proceed. Those crystals serve as "artificial suns".

I'm also really happy with the retexture in the background of this screenshot

-Wolf

JaredxD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2011 09:21
Absolutely epic Wolf, in every aspect, you have nailed this game so far. Unbelieveable!!

Keep up the awesome work!

Regards,
Jared

Boom.
TZap
Years of Service
User Offline
Even just from looking at these images you can feel how good the atmosphere will be.
da2020
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2011 10:52
WOW the atmosphere looks awesome! and the characters are ace!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 23:09:43
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 23:09:43