Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / [U3] Relict

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2011 16:45
Amazing screens Wolf... you my friend are the GOD of FPSC game creation!

P.S: You using normals on the wall in the first screen (and all the walls in general)?

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2011 13:03
Quote: "WOW the atmosphere looks awesome! and the characters are ace! "

Thanks! Glad to hear that!

Quote: "Absolutely epic Wolf, in every aspect, you have nailed this game so far. Unbelieveable!!

Keep up the awesome work!
"

Thanks man! I like nailing stuff

Quote: "Even just from looking at these images you can feel how good the atmosphere will be. "

Wow! Thank you I focus a lot on the athmosphere, as it is what makes games feel "alive" Glad to see people enjoy it

Quote: "Amazing screens Wolf... you my friend are the GOD of FPSC game creation!"

Woah! Thank you!

Quote: "You using normals on the wall in the first screen (and all the walls in general)?"

Yes, on every wall. You don't always see it on the screenshot, but you can really feel the rough rock and see 3dimensional runes and symbols on the wall InGame. Its something I'm really excited about

-Wolf

God Helps the Beast in Me!
JaredxD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2011 03:00
Quote: "Quote: "Absolutely epic Wolf, in every aspect, you have nailed this game so far. Unbelieveable!!

Keep up the awesome work!
"

Thanks man! I like nailing stuff "

I lol'd

Boom.
DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2011 01:22
...*falls off chair.*

[img][/img]
MONEY TAKEA
Years of Service
User Offline
WOW . That......game...........is just.......B...E....UTIFAL!

I love the lighting effect's , all scenery matches the theme PERFECTLY and compliments characters. This doesn't look like a game made by FPSC
EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2011 05:27
when are you gonna move on from FPSC Wolf. not that FPSC is bad, but your talent in my opinion is beyond that FPSC can handle. If i had my company up and running, i'd hire you in second.
AMAZING work, I can hardly wait to play the master piece you are creating.

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2011 19:09
Quote: "...*falls off chair.*"

Quote: "WOW . That......game...........is just.......B...E....UTIFAL!

I love the lighting effect's , all scenery matches the theme PERFECTLY and compliments characters. This doesn't look like a game made by FPSC"

Thank you! Yeah...lightmapping is my favorite thing in FPSCreator.

Quote: "when are you gonna move on from FPSC Wolf. not that FPSC is bad, but your talent in my opinion is beyond that FPSC can handle. If i had my company up and running, i'd hire you in second.
AMAZING work, I can hardly wait to play the master piece you are creating.
"

Thanks Egg Head...well, to be honest, I do still feel like I'm just getting started.

I do not intend to move to another engine as long as FPSC has such a great community.

-Wolf

EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2011 04:28
Quote: "well, to be honest, I do still feel like I'm just getting started."

If you're just getting started, than I can't wait for you to be at your PRIME!

RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2011 22:52
Hi Wolf,

Can you post some of your new (and very cool) pics into the TGC Gallery?

http://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=gallery_upload

Rick

Financial Director
TGC Team
SekoIdiootti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2011 00:18
WOLF.

...you've... become... more than the god of FPSC... No, FPS games in general... You've almost become... a poslunctor of FPS games!!!!
I imagine that when this game is finished, you're already one. Metaphorically, of course.
In other words, new screens simply rock more than words can describe.

AbdulAhad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2011 13:19
Tried contacting you on WLM.

Drop me an email if you need anything

New screens are great as usual!

Abdul Ahad

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2011 22:43
I'm back from my little vacation.

I should be able to update the thread with new stuff soon

@SekoIdiootti: Excellent that you like it dude! Thanks a lot for the kind words but what is a poslunctor?

@RickV: Sure! I'm going to upload some tomorrow And thanks btw

@Egg Head of Doom: I'm doing my best to reach it

@Abdul Ahad: I wasn't there, sorry No need for anything, thanks for the offer!

-Wolf

OutdoorGamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2011 02:19
Great to here your back. Now we get see some more gorgeous screenies!

Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I had an awesome weekend. I visited my grandparents in the retirement center and I managed to catch myself some terrible illness. I was unable to eat for 2 days and I've been losing bodyfluit in every possible way. I'm still feeling dizzy while writing this...so, the reason why I tell you this is that I woke up in the middle of the night feeling a lot better and made these Charackter retextures and a little mapping. Well...I have to admit that almost all the credits go to Bond1...for the shaders and the charackter mesh...but well, check it out:"

You can beat all user here I think.I recommend you dont rush making this game or you will have more dizzy.Take a rest and dont to rush,this game will be more cool!.You will see some email for me someday.

Have A Good Day

From
Leon

Poloflece,Anayar,PWP,Henry Ham,Cosmic Prophet,Wolf,KeithC,Nickydude And Lee Bamber is my icon.
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2011 00:39 Edited at: 30th Jan 2011 01:27
How's it hanging dudes?

So, here's the update I promised...not much but hey! Relict is not like Euthanasia where I randomly punch in Rooms, Guns and Monsters and call it a game

I've been playing one of my good old favorite games again: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within. It's Leveldesign is simply stunning and almost perfect. Afterwards I've been looking again on my tutorial level. (The Library Part where you fight the spiders.) and it was simply disappointingly FPSC'ish and block so I retextured some of Cosmic Prophets Pirates Pack Entities (added some more details and deco to it) and I remade the whole map. Yes...you guys get a Screenshot after this wall of text:

I've been thinking about some more lightmapping/lightning techniques and there is this one neat little thing I want to show you guys. Energie spheres

They spin and the energie moves a bit. I made this using rolfy's Wave Shader effect.

Screenshots

Getting in some trouble here, eh? However: The Shadereffects look very cool on the ceiling texture here

Comments, Critcs and ideas are welcome as usual.

Feel free to check out the Moddb Page

party on dudes! Have a nice evening.

-Wolf

Bejasc3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2011 01:46
These must be screens from TES V: Skyrim
All of these look absolutely amazing wolf!
I really love how you do all your lighting. It just makes everything come out amazing!
Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Well done Wolf this game are very best as I seen so far you are not only king of horror but you are a king of medieval too.

Have A Good Day

From
Leon

Poloflece,Anayar,PWP,Henry Ham,Cosmic Prophet,Wolf,KeithC,Nickydude And Lee Bamber is my icon.
Gibba gobba
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2011 08:40 Edited at: 30th Jan 2011 08:40
ZOMG... just can't believe my mortal eyes! wow. you really never fail to impress. you go BEYOND impressing.
any chance of a release month? cuz i know the day is never known until finalization, but when might we expect to see this?
Cheers!

20th Anniversary
The Unofficial Migration Suggestion Board
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=166736&b=26
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2011 09:41 Edited at: 30th Jan 2011 09:42
The skulls in the 1st screen of your latest post bring the skeleton in MegadetH's covers in mind Theu have this shadow between their eyes that makes them look like they have glasses
Great job again Wolf! Love your work!

sic1ne
Years of Service
User Offline
whoaa this looks awsome!!!

[img]http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/6489/sic1ne.jpg
[/img]
RAXMUX Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2011 18:44
Looks amazinge but you should make some more texture variations on the enemies in the last screen. They look all the same to me

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2011 19:49
Quote: "Looks amazinge but you should make some more texture variations on the enemies in the last screen. They look all the same to me "

Agreed. Maby make some mummies have other eye glowing and some them have both? I see you already have one with no glowing eyes. Other than that it's awesome. You're making me work harder. Everytime I see your screens I think I want to make something as awesome as that.

Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2011 22:57
Impressing! Reminds me of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves for some reason, especially the scenes with blue lighting =D

May I ask which shader are you using on your segments? Is it bond1's Containment Room shader? Your textures look so perfectly natural. When I apply the shader on my segments, the result is sometimes OK but usually it looks just plain awfull..
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2011 21:10
Quote: "These must be screens from TES V: Skyrim"

Wow! Thanks! Always flattening to see my Indie FPSC Project being compared with unreleased next gen awesomenesses (its Elder Scrolls....We know its going to be awesome )

Quote: "I really love how you do all your lighting. It just makes everything come out amazing! "

Thank you! I remember the old days where the lightmapping took a whole night to render... good thing these times are over!

Quote: "you are a king of medieval too."

Does this mean I get a robe and several maids to please me?
If yes, I'm in

Thanks Leon

Quote: "any chance of a release month? cuz i know the day is never known until finalization, but when might we expect to see this?"

It won't take that long, as I already have 10 Maps finished. Its just that I randomly get additional ideas like "shading the segments" or "redesigning the first levels" which take some more time than I expected...not sure this sentence made any sence, remember I'm not english

Quote: "The skulls in the 1st screen of your latest post bring the skeleton in MegadetH's covers in mind"

Now that I see it, I can't unsee it
Rock on dude!

Quote: "whoaa this looks awsome!!!"

Thanks!

Quote: "Looks amazinge but you should make some more texture variations on the enemies in the last screen. They look all the same to me "
I have 4 different version and the screen shows 3 of them . Must be the lightning, but thanks for the hin, I add some more details

Quote: "You're making me work harder. Everytime I see your screens I think I want to make something as awesome as that."

Nice! Hope to see some soon
Quote: "
May I ask which shader are you using on your segments? Is it bond1's Containment Room shader? Your textures look so perfectly natural. When I apply the shader on my segments, the result is sometimes OK but usually it looks just plain awfull.."

Yes, its Bond1's Containment Room shader And thanks!
A little hint: Keep the _I (Specular) Maps very dark and the floor textures a bit lighter.

-Wolf

AJ Schaeffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2011 03:52
Amazing *cries*

Can I make video games? Yes. Can I make Halo? Of course not. Does that make me a bad game maker? No. If someone tells you that you cant make games (unless you really cant), tell them to [Removed].
anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2011 04:10
Quote: "Amazing *cries*"

Youve been doin a lot of that lately

On-Topic: Come on Wolf... Im dieing to see more screens!!!

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2011 18:28
This is looking more and more amazing, very interesting visual style with the hight contrast and all. Definitely a project to keep eyes on!
Keep up the great work!
Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2011 22:13
Quote: "A little hint: Keep the _I (Specular) Maps very dark and the floor textures a bit lighter."

Thanks for the tip, Wolf! I'll put this to good use.
ThoughtWire Software
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2011 21:11
I am stunned by your work Wolf! It looks too good to be FPSC made. I can tell you must have put alot of time into it! This is the thread I am following most closely at the moment.

ThoughtWire Software -

www.thoughtwire.co.uk
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2011 00:23
Thanks for the kind comments and the support guys!

Sooo....! Its time for an Update ... but without screenshots.

Well, I guess I lost a lot of interest now, but you are already reading this line, so you might as well proceed.

Developing a game with FPSC that goes beyond "Zombie... Gun... Booom!" isn't easy. But creating a game that's not a First Person Shooter with the First Person Shooter Creator is really annoying sometimes.

I update in Thestoryteller01's old fashioned review form.

The Good

I'm almost done with the groundshape of the first episode. I'm now polishing the Level's and I'm working on the enemies. Thats a lot of work that includes
Quote: " *retexturing
*shading
*adding soundeffects
*adding speech
*scripting and rescripting"

I'm also waiting for an answer of Josh Mooney who wanted to model me some characters...haven't heard from him in a while. I hope everything is fine.
Anyway: I took another glimpse on the stock media and remade some of it.Its amazing what you can do with it that perfectly fits in a Medieval Game. I show you guys some Pictures soon.

New additions are:

- Realistic Fog Effects! (These add a whole new level to the dungeons. Having some fog on the ground is always a bit spooky Most of it is really subtile, but I have some of it that is 3 Dimensional Thats right, you can crouch in it and enemies can hide in it. Made with a simple shader...I'm not sure how it behaves in larger maps, so I can't promise to have it in the full game.

Well...I now realise that I'm way too tired to continue this post...so expect more news and an edited post soon

-Wolf

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2011 01:07 Edited at: 5th Feb 2011 01:12
Beautiful work as always, Wolf
I think the grass in the courtyard and maybe the building itself look a little oversaturated but that might just be my personal tastes.

edit I missed the updated screens. Looking good.

edit2 let me know if there is a class of weapon you feel the need for on this game. The KOE weapon selection was left a bit incomplete.
Ertlov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2011 15:37
Very good level design, very good retexturing work, very good in terms of populating the scene with props. As I expect that the gameplay will be very good, too, I guess this could be a really nice one when it`s done.

However, one small point irritates me in all screenshots - and that`s the lightsourcing / lightmapping. While I appreciate your using of small-range light sources because it`s believable for torches, small flames and Crystalls, it ignores the fact that even small source send out their light further than in your screens (although of course much weaker in the distance). So the rooms have a subliminal feeling that they are seperated in "regions with lights" and "regions of Darkness".
Let me tell you in German: "Es schaut auf einer unbewussten Wahrnehmungsebene irgendwie nicht wie aus einem Guss aus, sondern zusammengestückelt" - don´t know how to explain that exactely in English

If these are static lights, try to stack them. Put on the ones you have another one with the same colour, but pretty much less brightness and 75-125 additional range, and another one with the same colour, very much less brightness and 150-200 additional range. With a LM quality of 85-95 this should kick ass even more than your great screens already do.

If they are not static, ignore me

Come to where the madness is:
http://www.homegrowngames.at
Home Studio
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2011 15:43
What shader you use in this mummies?

Home Studio
Slayer1918z
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks truly amazing! I always look at your pics here and don't understand how you get such good quality!?! If you don't mind, I do have a few questions though.

1. Will this game be like an Open World RPG game? Will you be able to go wherever you want (forests, buildings, dungeons, etc.) or will there always be a set path? If it is open world, then will there be random enemy spawns?

2. Will you be able to go up to all the people and talk with them (like oblivion) and go to shops to sell or buy weapons, armor, and items?

3. Will this game feature an inventory and experience system so the player can level up and pick up items that can be used or sold?

Looks like a great game and I will no doubt play it when you finish, but I'm just wondering if it is going to include these features.
JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2011 01:11
Hey Wolf, I sent you an email before I had to take a few weeks off for government reasons...seems you didn't get it.

I'm back, will shoot you an email soon.

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2011 00:19 Edited at: 11th Feb 2011 17:02
@ErrantAI: Thank you!

Yes... that courtyard has already been remade 10 times... I do now have some pillars with gargoyles on them in it. Doesn't make it look any better

Quote: "let me know if there is a class of weapon you feel the need for on this game. The KOE weapon selection was left a bit incomplete."

To be honest: A remastered version of you're Katana would be great!
How about some Bows/Crossbows? I'm sure you could come up with something great
As much as I love you're weapons, I do not like the animations. They appear too slow and seem like an unexperienced person would wield the blade. However... they are far better (In my personal opinion) than the ones in Bond1's or John F.'s Fantasy Pack.

If you plan to work on the Knights of Errant Pack again you got a sure buyer here

@Ertlov Thanks a lot! These are static lights. I get you're point. Hmm...I do not have this impression myself...the screenshots turn a bit darker when you take them with FPSC and through conversion. Perhaps you're Monitor has other settings than mine. However: There will be an adjustment bar in the Game's starter application. But thanks for the hint. I'll use the stacking technique in the smaller maps! Thanks for the hin! (using 3 instead of 1 Lightsource seems too Memory consuming to me for the larger ones.)
With a LM quality of 85-95 this should kick ass even more than your great screens already do."

Thanks! But I keep working with LM-Quality of 32 as it is faster to render and less memory/performance consuming.

@Home Studio The one from the Viral Outbreak pack.

@Slayer1918z:
Quote: "Will this game be like an Open World RPG game?"

No! It's an Adventure.

Quote: "Will you be able to go wherever you want (forests, buildings, dungeons, etc.) or will there always be a set path?"

You can run around on the maps wherever you want and complete some miniquests here and there but the maps are in reasonable size and the gameplay is linear.

The whole first episode plays in the abbey and the dungeons below.
Will you be able to go up to all the people and talk with them (like oblivion) and go to shops to sell or buy weapons, armor, and items?"

You can talk to every person in the game. (Expect the ones that try to kill you). Some of them might only tell you to get lost though. The general tone in this game is a lot more unfriendly than in Oblivion.

There won't be any shops. Some people might give you items though. (I'll figure something out there. Still work in progress)

Quote: "Will this game feature an inventory and experience system so the player can level up and pick up items that can be used or sold?"

As I stated before, this is not a Role Playing Game...no experience points, no leveling. (Its funny how people think its an RPG as soon as they see swords in a game No offense of course)

The Inventory is as much as I was able to do with FPSC. You can carry a total of 3 Healthpotions. These will be shown on the bottom of the left over the healthbar. Special Items (like statues you can place somewhere to open a door) will be shown next to the Potions. Special Potions and Ingredients are listed on the top of the screen. (Every Item has a key to use it)

Most items can only be used but not carried.

Thanks for all the questions. I kinda liked answering them

@Josh Mooney Will check my mail account soon! Welcome back

Alright...lets continue with the post above:

The Good²

- The fighting system does now support normal and strong attacks

- There are a few interesting special potions with different effects. (I tried the best I could with these...) the interesting thing is that the player can carry them around and use them when he needs them instead of using it on the place where he/she finds it.

- I finally figured out how to use Bond1's Entitie Shader's correctly and what a Specular Map really is ( yeah! I had a long fuse there) and increased the visual quality a bit.

the Bad

- I'm now working on all the dialogues and the mapscripting and its as boring as breakfast TV. Anyway! I might shoot some guys a few E-Mails about voice acting so don't be surprised if I contact you
Anyway! Every one who would like to hear his voice in Relict..feel free to E-Mail me.

- The Player looses his Special Items when the map switches... can't really do anything there.

- I had to redo the whole dungeon levels (I'm working on it now).
They simply looked too generic, too clean to be an ages old Crypt.
I made a lot new segments and started to give it a way more catacombish look. I had to gather more media for that. A lot of annoying time consuming work.

The ugly

The new segments do not yet have proper shadermaps...this is the main reason why there are no new Screenshots. The Segments adapted to the shadermaps the old segments in the map use and this looks kind of awful.

Remaking all the Maps will probably take some time.

Thanks for reading

-Wolf

Bejasc3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2011 02:34
Hey wolf, Any progress on all those new maps?
Itching to see some new screens

If you're still stuck for voice actors, I may be able to help you out?

da2020
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2011 07:13
Wow its been too long since you post a screenshot so any update on this?
Juzi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2011 11:41
I personally am not concerned about the amount of screenshots he's been putting up. I think there are plenty of them so a little break would be good . Don't want to reveal everything, right Wolf?

AJ Schaeffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2011 03:54
Wolf you are one of the perfect examples of someone who puts heart and effort into FPSC games, unlike most people. This is a work of art. Also, need some stuff for your game? Email me!

Making someone's day a little better because of one of my models means a lot to me.
SekoIdiootti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2011 05:05
Poslunctor = something humans aren't meant to know.

Anyway, the development seems to be going slowly and steadily, which is great! Also, the newest screenshots are once again AMAZING!

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2011 11:42 Edited at: 20th Feb 2011 15:45
Quote: "If you're still stuck for voice actors, I may be able to help you out?"

The game gets around 4 new noncomabt levels, so: sure! Send me a voice sample if you like

Quote: "Don't want to reveal everything, right Wolf? "

Don't worry, I won't

Quote: "Wolf you are one of the perfect examples of someone who puts heart and effort into FPSC games, unlike most people. This is a work of art. Also, need some stuff for your game? Email me!"

Thank you! For the offer aswell, but I don't need anything now

Its been a while since I posted new screenshots. And I won't post many of them today, because I can only build 3 of my levels in Beta 9.

However, there are a lot of changes in the story and the gameplay that I would like to share:

* There are around 4 more Level's added before the player descents into the dungeons. He will meet Lady Nymorra (will be revealed in the plot) in her Towerchamber instead in the Library and the elvengirl Myrielle in a scriptorium (both character have brand new meshes. A really sexy one for Myrielle btw. I will reveal these some other day though =P).
* To spice up the slow introduction to the gameplay and the plot I added hand to hand combat. After messing around with John Fletchers Character animations and some minor scripting, I managed to create believable unarmed melee combat in fpsc...and this is pretty cool, I think
* I have 7 brand new character meshes. (I was drunk, and as I came home, I had the ...interesting...idea to buy videogame characters. I miss this money already but the characters where actually worth it...however, I should turn of the computer when I go out for a drink )

Yeah...I guess that most of you would like to see some screenshots so:

My favorite girltexture I still have some minor shader issues with her though.
The new characters add even more "life" to the game. They can do things like tableworking, talking, sitting...

This scene needs some work, but the shaders look good in it

Fighting some unfriendly dude's in the catacombs. That axe is actually fun

Sitting at a bar with some mysterious (buxomly) girl... I love days like these. Its not really a bar, but a "drinking place" in the abbeys messhall.

This is a prototype of Relicts "looting system". The "looting system" is a hybrid of The Storyteller01's scriptpack and a script series I once wrote for Symbiotic.

I mentioned the interactive environment, I think

Sitting character on a retextured stock bench.

An other important element for Meleecombat are the right sounds, I forgot to mention that above.

Enemies can evade attacks (no kidding)

*The Relict serious will probably be my last FPSC Project. However, there will be 3 Episodes.

*These female characters shown had most wierd shadereffect errors. It took me ages to get them to work like they do now

*Thanks for all the support regarding voice acting! You guys rule!

Comments, critics and opinions are welcome

-Wolf

da2020
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2011 12:24
Looks awesome! I'm excited to see a video of the melee combat as it looks so impressive! the level design looks so simple though not the best I've seen from you and I honestly think you can do so much better.
mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2011 12:47
nothing wrong with the design, game looks great!

Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2011 16:04 Edited at: 20th Feb 2011 16:06
Looks really good, I like the new characters a lot, although the girl at the bar's skin looks a little flat and monotone. I'd add more to detail to her, or was that the shader error you were talking about?

More mysterious (buxomly) young girls, please!
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2011 16:47
I was already like
"Damn... how come this game has so many characters and non of them is a red haired woman. This isn't like Wolf" D

But seriously, great job! Love the screens and all the systems you got going on! I think I'll be having fun for hours playing the lute

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
Im gonna Crap in my pants!.

I Vow loyalty to Wolf, For His Neverlasting FPSC Games Quality

JK

Its amazing, Nice Red Head!.

ThoughtWire Software
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2011 13:56
I'm looking forward to playing it and seeing how you link the non-combat and the combat levels together. Also looking forward to seeing the storyline develop. A convincing storyline is always hard to place in an FPSC game.

Loving the screenshots. The cold colors of the catacombs compliment the situation and intended sense of danger. In contrast, the warm colors of the safer areas give the player a sense of safety.

Hoping to see more soon!

ThoughtWire Software -

www.thoughtwire.co.uk
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2011 18:44
Quote: "although the girl at the bar's skin looks a little flat and monotone"

I like that in a girl But yes, she has no applied shader, thats just a diffuse texture you see there

Quote: "I think I'll be having fun for hours playing the lute "

Its a nonanimated soundthingie =D I do what I can, but this is still FPSC

Quote: "the level design looks so simple though not the best I've seen from you and I honestly think you can do so much better. "

Yeah, a few shots show some rough design that needs finetuning.

Quote: "I'm excited to see a video of the melee combat as it looks so impressive!"

Okay! I see what I can do.

Quote: "The cold colors of the catacombs compliment the situation and intended sense of danger. In contrast, the warm colors of the safer areas give the player a sense of safety."

Interesting...I haven't seen it that way yet

Short development break until 27th February. I have to make a onelevel game for the Scariest Horror Game Contest.

-Wolf

anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2011 19:04
Screens look epic... I dont have time to be picky and give you crits on the small things right now though Hope to see a demo soon (Hint )

Good luck with the Contest (Its between you and Ertlov now )

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 16:53:15
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 16:53:15