Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / [U3] Relict

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2011 07:41
Stunning screens Wolr,

They really look like they belong in Oblivion or something.

@"So the release date is...this summer...some day"
This is good. I will definitly have time to help you now.

Btw... I do have a nice skin shader laying around collecting dust. Once I finish my pack, I'll pack it into a nice FPSC format and send it your way. It should definitly help your waxy skin look. I also have some fantasy shaders you could use. Like glowing orbs or ghost shaders. Ghost shaders that look like the ones used in oblivion.
I always loved Special Effects like these. I actually intend to do some modding one of these days and develop a programmable particle system for FPSC, if Lee and them don't beat me to it first. I worked with the SAGE particle system in the past. It's easily programmable that can create very nice effects. Things like tornados of fire, to flaming swords, to magical beams of purple light. Ah well, I'm rambling now. lol...

E007eragon

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2011 07:50
This makes me cry . . . with envy. Waaaahhhhhh.

I really didn't read through this. Just looked at the pictures. Me love book. Me love pictures.

Anyway, are you using v1.18? Sorry if this was already asked or you revealed it somewhere.

Terry
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2011 15:39
@Cloudwalker and Delusional Games
Quote: "Wolf, you make the best levels. "

Thank you

@Delusional Games: I checked your avatar, thats actually a pretty cool logo!

@MetalDevil:

Quote: "
This sentence made me go back to play the first Shavra...

Oh, and what's up with the cat? I've been staring 1 and a half hours at it, but can't get the symbolism... "

Oh! Its old XD

Yes, its "Wappen" in german and "Wopen" in luxemburgian. I do not know the english term aswell.

@E007Eragon Nice to hear! I will shoot you an E-Mail with stuff I might need later. Its so great that you would like to do this
@Flatlander:

Quote: "This makes me cry . . . with envy. Waaaahhhhhh. "

Nice to see you like it

Yes it is 1.18

This game is already a lot more than it was planned to be... and it has already more gameplay features than I though could be possible to do in FPSC.

Still... People do always say that I'm great... " a god of FPSC" I've been reading sometimes. Well...actually this game is also your work.

So many people volunteered to help me with this project from the very beginning. I had E - Mails of Modelartists who sent me stuff or even made me custom stuff I could use in my levels for nothing in return.
I use Shader's not my made by me to give the game this shiny vivid effect. Characters and Weapons aren't my work aswell. Bond1, John Fletcher, Errant AI and Rosstradamus are the mainartists of this project (and the person who made the medieval modelpacks I don't even know) on a precoded engine by Lee Bamber and his team.

These and all the artists I didn't mention in this post are the people who made this project possible and what it is now.

So this post is a small Thank you to everyone who has helped until now.

-Wolf

God Helps the Beast in Me!
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2011 05:33
I feel like a little kid. I wonder if I caused this to roll over to 11,000 views. It was on 10,999. When I clicked on it.

Yes, I like this. I just wish I was more adept at lighting.

Terry
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2011 19:28
@E007Eragon: I've sent you an E-Mail.

@Flatlander: Oh! I just notice how many views this thread already has .

I use large lightranges (usually between 200 and 300), therefore dark lightcolors. Thats actually my whole "secret"

If I keep being this lazy, I will never be able to get this done next month . Seriously! Everytime I sit myself behind my computer I want to work on this game. Instead, I start Chatting, listening to music or doing some other nonsense.

However, the game progresses...slowly.

Which is why all I can do is presenting some unfinished stuff now, but I think Its updating time again

Insulting a Legionnaire results in ... immediate execution.
A fun thing about multiple choice dialogues now with a cute dialogue wheel.

Getting in selfpainted Acrylic Paintings... well...I can't think off anything funny to say here.

I'll replace benge's lightdecals with my own as soon as I made them in the suiting color

I added more hand to hand combat as it simply works so well and is fun

I'll reduce the blooddecal for the fistfights though.

The Prototype for the canae...made from Bond1's great Anubis Characters I shall replace this silver headgear with dreadlocks soon

It looks a bit cheesy, but in the right scene its kinda cool
I'm not sure how often I'll use such characters though.

You've read it guys! I can use some more help for the voiceacting If you have time and want to help out, feel free to E-mail me.

I'll open up a threat for the Shavra Remake this month aswell.
This will also be my first commercial project. ( I'll keep the endprice between 5 and 10 Dollars)
Perhaps I can get it on steam...we'll see.

Comments are much appreciated!

Wench: "What's that sound?"
Knight: "That's just the sound of my chain mail drawers expanding."

Well, teriffic! Always end up on a strong joke

-Wolf

Kerrby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2011 16:45
Wow great work Wolf. I still have 6 pages to catch up on but this is looking amazing.

WizMod Developer.
E007eragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2011 08:03
@Wolf:"@E007Eragon: I've sent you an E-Mail."

I didn't think I got your email until i checked my junk mail box.
IDK why it was there. I just added you as a contact. That should fix the problem.
I sent you a reply.

BTW... Beautiful screens Wolf...

Can't wait to start working with you Wolf,
E007eragon

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
I sent you an email Wolf.

AMD Phenom II X6 3.2Ghz, 8GB DDR3 Extreme RAM,
ASUS M4N98TD EVO Motherboard, Nvidia 560 Ti 1GB DDR5
Payam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2011 17:56 Edited at: 14th Apr 2011 17:58
Very nice.

But some problems:
In this screen:

the light rays looks like you have 2 suns.
For each window you have to has one ray.
And there is a carpet like Iranian ones but there is no place like that in Iran and I know it's not about Iran so change the texture of it.
In this one:

That tree can't grow when you have no sun light in the room.
Now I don't have enough time but I'll tell you more.

Have our guns was a mistake!!!

I am PaYaM
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2011 18:51
Quote: "I shall replace this silver headgear with dreadlocks soon "

Everyone knows the old saying "Everything gets 10 times cooler if you add dreadlocks to it". You don't know it? Oh well, you learn something new everyday

The hand to hand combat looks very good. Rarely I see that in fps games. But we'll see that when I get to play this.

Quote: "I'll open up a threat for the Shavra Remake this month aswell.
This will also be my first commercial project"

Relict or Shavra will be your first commercial project? :S

wrapscallion
Years of Service
User Offline
This is similar to what I'd like to achieve.Great stuff! Hope to have some screens of my own up soon.
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2011 06:58
@Kerrby: Thanks for reading! Let me know what you think of it
@Astek: Replied!
@Have our Guns: I noticed the thing with the tree...I already changed that levels layout. The rugs will stay in. There is an oriental country much like ancient persia close to the country the story takes place in. Besides, I like rugs
If there's any more, feel free to write it
@MetalDevil123: None of them And thanks!
@wrapscallion: Best luck with your project, then

More media as soon as I got myself to add shadermaps to the new textures I recently made. I'm lazy

-Wolf

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey Wolf,

I will get those done tomorrow if I can. BTW, are you still doing this
game in conjunction to the commercial one?

AMD Phenom II X6 3.2Ghz, 8GB DDR3 Extreme RAM,
ASUS M4N98TD EVO Motherboard, Nvidia 560 Ti 1GB DDR5
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2011 12:54
Quote: "None of them"

Ah, sorry for the misundertanding!

Payam
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh I found some new things
In this scene: http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/big/41mk-cy.png
The texture of pillars are not coordinate with the walls.
And put some curtain for some windows(It will make it like a real world if you use curtain for all windows but some are close and some are open).

Have our guns was a mistake!!!

I am PaYaM
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2011 21:19
@Astek: yes this is still in development

@Have our Guns: thats an old shot that is no longer in the game

-Wolf

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2011 20:03
I have to redo the Catacombs...again

I'll try to add 4 levels with 4 different puzzles. Each one will feature an element.

The Catacomb Levels will be like this:

-Entrance
-Windgenerator
-TectonicPuzzle
-AncientOven Puzzle
-Flooded Tunnels
-Inner Sanctum

The episode ends at Inner Sanctum

Stay tuned for more pictures. Comments are always helpful

-Wolf

I make serious coffee - so strong it wakes up the neighbors.
http://serygalacaffeine.deviantart.com/
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2011 20:15
this going to be the best looking fpsc game made. I hope it works without the bugs.IO really like to play this one.

more than what meets the eye

Welcome to SciFi Summer
2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2011 16:20
@Wolf
To make those effects that you are useing what program did you use? Also what did you use for characters? Did you use a mod or just pure vanilla? Thanks.

Cheers.

God help me, Please.
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2011 21:56
Quote: "To make those effects that you are useing what program did you use?"

What effects?

Quote: "Also what did you use for characters?"

These are from Modelpacks, or do you mean for shading and retexturing?

Quote: "Did you use a mod or just pure vanilla? "

Everything posted uses pure vanilla. However, I have RPG Mod installed now, but had no time to give it a try just yet.

-Wolf

2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2011 06:16
Quote: "What effects?"

The lighting throught the windows. Ect...

Quote: "These are from Modelpacks, or do you mean for shading and retexturing?"

I meant the texturing and the shading. Also, do you use dynamic shadows?

Quote: "Everything posted uses pure vanilla. However, I have RPG Mod installed now, but had no time to give it a try just yet."

I am sure that RPG Mod would help make your game much better. I expect you to become VBOTB this year. Especially if you use RPG Mod. That mod was born for this type of game.

Good luck with everything.

Cheers.

God help me, Please.
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2011 16:13
Quote: "The lighting throught the windows. Ect..."

Paint Shop Pro 10. Similar free programs are Paint.Net and the Gimp.
You can get PSP10 for free now!

Quote: "I meant the texturing and the shading. Also, do you use dynamic shadows?"

For the textures and the shadermaps I use Paint Shop aswell. For normalmaps, I use "Shader Map". The output of shadermap however, is not so great at all, so I have to tune the normalmaps (again) in Paintshop.

The Characters cast shadows. These a generated by a shader from Bond1. Real dynamic Shadows are none in the game.

Quote: "I am sure that RPG Mod would help make your game much better. I expect you to become VBOTB this year. Especially if you use RPG Mod. That mod was born for this type of game.

Good luck with everything."

Thank you! I hope to get it done this year and of course that people like it

-Wolf

2 Rogues
Years of Service
User Offline
I really love it! Good to see something besides the usual "something goes horribly wrong and you have to fight the zombies" game. I love the art style! it's something that has rarely been done in fpsc sadly Though I think you can pull medieval off like a boss!
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2011 02:17 Edited at: 8th May 2011 02:18
Quote: "I really love it! Good to see something besides the usual "something goes horribly wrong and you have to fight the zombies" game. I love the art style! it's something that has rarely been done in fpsc sadly Though I think you can pull medieval off like a boss! "

Thank you! Glad you like it! There where a few Medieval projects out there besides Eldora and Relict...but most of them where burried in the depths of the forum hole, sadly.

Yeah, news

I'm not working on Relict in the FPSC Editor at the moment. I still wait for the final 1.18.

News are that I made another Backup of the game, so no magical harddisk crash can harm it, and I modeled some Weapons for it.

I plan to get a lot of selfmade models in the game, including some basic insectoid cavemonsters

This will be fun XD I hope you'll like it too, so stay tuned.

In the meantime, I get myself used to UDK and I practice modeling.
That means for you that you'll get some packs in the future.

For those of you who use twitter, you can follow me under "@Serygala" to get to everything as soon as it happens and for inside informations on Relict, Shavra and Children of Dagon. ... and random stuff.

A girlfriend of mine does hobby photography and has been out taking shots for me. This means that Relict will get a whole bunch of brandnew personal segments and retextures.

See you around guys, please drop a few comment if you are reading this

Some funstuff:

10 things I learned while developing Relict

- You can have a giant typo in your games title that nobody points out but people point out iranian carpets in a non iranian setting.

- Impactsounds make every combat more immersive, no matter how stupid the AI is. (AI, not EAI!!)

- A game gets far less attention outside of TGC if it has no guns and Zombies.

- Carpets look great on a wall

- You can make 5 folders full of custom segments, but you use the same ones over and over again

- Your lightmapping can be as low as it gets, some people still believe FPSC Leveldesign only looks good because of its lightmapsettings

- Windows are awesome if the have stained glass, otherwise they suck

- Everything looks better with some specular mapping

- Tribal tattoos look good on everything, even swords

- FPSC is boring without the community

-Wolf

michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2011 03:01
cant wait to see these new textures and models. I think this game is going a lot of attention. I plan to make a game with no guns too. I believe this game got a shot as longs it works without the bugs.this game sound so good it could go commercial.

more than what meets the eye

Welcome to SciFi Summer
Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2011 11:53
Quote: "FPSC is boring without the community"

I couldn't agree more!

This is turning out to be a great game!

[url="http://raptr.com/No_Turn_Right?src=em_forum"][/url]
2 Rogues
Years of Service
User Offline
I really hope this game gets more attention, I find it very eye catching and have always leaned toward non shooting/zombie games. I find zombie games so overused that its annoying these days. You have created a crapload of custom work yes? I just think that the lack of attention is because the amount of n00bs on the internet who don't know quality custom work when they see it. You are truly an artist, you deserve a proper amount of respect.
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2011 03:09 Edited at: 11th May 2011 03:13
Quote: "I plan to make a game with no guns too. I believe this game got a shot as longs it works without the bugs.this game sound so good it could go commercial."

Best luck with it! Remember to post a WiP thread so I can comment!
I've been thinking about selling it, but I'm not completely happy with it yet. The first Episode (Relict - Prologue) will be free.

Future episodes will be around 5 Dollars.(eventually)

Bugfixing is something I do a lot. I just hope I don't get some FPSC bugs like corrupt savegames or random crashes in the future 1.18.

Thanks for the input michael!

Quote: "I really hope this game gets more attention, I find it very eye catching and have always leaned toward non shooting/zombie games. "

Thank you!

Quote: "I find zombie games so overused that its annoying these days."

Yes, me too... I made one,yeah... but it doesn't follow this typical deserted city outbreak pattern (its still generic though). I don't even like zombie movies anymore. I'm fed up with it. Just like I can't stand Call of Duty clones in the AAA Industry anymore...pfft!

Quote: "You have created a crapload of custom work yes?"

Yes! And I feel like I did it twice with all the shadermaps I had to do.

Quote: "I just think that the lack of attention is because the amount of n00bs on the internet who don't know quality custom work when they see it."

My games get a lot of attention. A bit more then some stuff deserves. Its just that my far worse productions (Euthanasia for example) are spread all over the internet. And now that I'm really putting some serious work in a game, it gets a lot less viewers.

Quote: "You are truly an artist, you deserve a proper amount of respect. "

Oh thank you!! I hope one day I can really deliver quality artworks that do this sentence justice, but I have to admit that right now I'm only an artist that trys to survive everyday-boredom.

Thanks for this post, 2 Rogues

-Wolf

2 Rogues
Years of Service
User Offline
you're welcome
uzi idiot
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2011 16:31
I love this game, it looks original.
I think you should try out using particles in your maps, for dust and smoke. But they may cause major performance issues.

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2011 18:03
@Uzi Genius: Thank you! I invented some less performance draining effects using planes I'll introduce them later next week

-Wolf

xX TOXIC Xx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2011 00:07 Edited at: 16th May 2011 00:08
aww man wolf i see that you make your own entities and segments, but what programs do you use to make them! ive been following your work for a while and im very impressed. i think we could all use tutorials on how to make texture entities ect. i think that would be a bigger contribution then giving free media hope you'll consider.

If you saw what was to be seen then you wouldent look.- xX TOXIC Xx
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2011 01:31
Time is precious, time is fleeting...time is something I just don't have enough of. I plan on tutorials, at least a handfull for this year but I just have so much to do -.- ... I get to that though!

Quote: "ive been following your work for a while and im very impressed."

Thank you I'm almost flattered to see that people care about my work and it motivates me

Quote: "but what programs do you use to make them!"

Heres the list:

My father is, what I call a "Technograndpa" and has a lot of soundequipment which I plan to use more often in the future and I draw a lot, and some of my paintings/drawings find their way in my games.

In conclusion, I can only advice every upcoming Indie out there to get the cheap stuff Its really worth it and after some practice produces great things!! Better to buy a ten dollar software then to pirate some professional stuff.

-Wolf

KorpseJester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2011 19:07
Wow, i just ordered fpsc today, and you wolf have inspired me to practice and practice to make fun and good looking games, this game looks absolutly great and i cant wait to play it.

Windows XP Professional SP3//Intel(R) Core Duo(TM) E5300 Processor 2.60 GHZ//4GB DDR3 Ram//Nvidia XFX 8800GTS Alpha Dog Edition 512MB
uzi idiot
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2011 20:14
Welcome to the community KorpseJester.
I hope you enjoy your time here.

Mental Stability is over-rated!
KorpseJester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2011 07:11
Thanks uzi idiot, im sure to enjoy my time here and my time with the program (when i receive it) =D

Windows XP Professional SP3//Intel(R) Core Duo(TM) E5300 Processor 2.60 GHZ//4GB DDR3 Ram//Nvidia XFX 8800GTS Alpha Dog Edition 512MB
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2011 12:19
Quote: "Wow, i just ordered fpsc today, and you wolf have inspired me to practice and practice to make fun and good looking games, this game looks absolutly great and i cant wait to play it."

Ha thank you!

Welcome to the forum!

-Wolf

Twitter:@Serygala http://serygalacaffeine.blogspot.com
2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2011 07:16 Edited at: 13th Jun 2011 07:17
How did you do the magic weapons without a mod?

Cheers.

God help me, Please.

Come on down to my site at Unleashed FPSCreators
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2011 15:23
A loooot of gunspec tweaking

-Wolf

2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2011 17:57
Could you please share that with us. I have been wanting that for my game without having to use PB or PG. After all, sharing is caring.

Cheers.

God help me, Please.

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2011 18:03
Haha! Sure, I can write down how its done, but I won't just upload the edited gunspecs.

After all, game creation is not just placing assets in the editor

-Wolf

2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2011 03:23
Great, can't wait!

Cheers.

God help me, Please.

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2011 23:31

Okay, no great news or screenshots to show. Just whats up for the future of Relict:

* From now on, this is a commercial project. The Price Tag will be set between 1 and 10 $. Most likely 3.99 or something depending on the final result.

* Visual Effects and Graphics will be redone.

*Any contributors who do not want their donated media to be used in a commercial project shall contact me!!

*Most future media will be completely handmade

* The game will get a little bit more violent but also a lot brighter in lightmapping.

Thanks for reading and further thoughts

-Wolf

Twitter:@Serygala
uzi idiot
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2011 10:01
I was wondering of we'd see any updates soon.
This is certainly commercial quality and I will likely buy it.

Mental Stability is over-rated!
Gibba gobba
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2011 22:05
Dude, if you can get an FPSC game on Steam, that would be insane! But if anybody can do it, it's you. Keep at it man!

Hello one and all.......
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2011 01:47
Thank you But I do not plan to get Relict on Steam

-Wolf

Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2011 12:03
Why not?

New sig in the process of being made
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2011 19:33
Well, I did not concider it to be good enough for a release on steam.

I was emailing them on it however, maybe I'm lucky and they sell it for 3 Dollar.

-Wolf

Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2011 20:47
This is very good game Wolf, it should be on Steam. Your game is lot better than most on Steam
I send to you e-mail, I hope that you will reply
Thanks and good luck with game it looks very good !
EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2011 21:28
I won't lie, FPSC games are not really up to par with next-gen games at all. However, you, Wolf, have brought it to a higher level than any FPSC developer has before, so I think that Steam may have a place for it. I mean, if it were to have a Metacritic score, it would be somewhere around 80

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 02:16:04
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 02:16:04