Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / [U3] Relict

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2012 16:43
Since this project is no longer FPSC do you want me to move it to Geek Culture?

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2012 17:42 Edited at: 21st Jan 2012 22:39
Am I allowed to keep you people updated on it then? I mean, Geek Culture is ...geek stuff in general, right?

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes, art is knowing which ones to keep.
Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2012 19:48
Wait, Relict isn't FPSC anymore? I probably should read the comment's more -_-. And i feel like you would get more people viewing it here, but that is just me. I never check the Geek Culture board so i feel like i will forget it is there..
JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2012 01:13
Quote: "Am I allowed to keep you people updated on it then? I mean, Geek Culture is ...geek stuff in general, right? "

Yeah, you can keep us updated in the geek board. Nothing against that. It's just eventually a more serious mod might come done and lock this thread. If anything you can always start a new thread.

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2012 04:21
In this case, I would be glad if you move it
Thanks for the heads up.

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes, art is knowing which ones to keep.
JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2012 16:28
*insert Star Trek transporter sfx*

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2012 16:41
Quote: "It's just eventually a more serious mod might come done and lock this thread"

nah, shouldnt happen?
My (well ,not only mine) Towerdefence made in python was allowed to stay :S

at any rate: this looks AMAZING wolf .___.'
reminds me a lot of Dark Messiah for some reason

The result of origin.. Oh and ponies
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2012 16:54
So wait...lemme get this straight...

I said two years ago that UDK was better than FPSC, and Wolf was one of the main advocated for FPSC superiority.

Yet now Wolf has moved to UDK?

Does this make me some sort of hipster or clairvoyant or something?

Either way, considering what Wolf did with FPSC, I'm sure UDK will give him a lot more room to breathe in creation terms.
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2012 23:02 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2012 00:00
@Josh: Thanks mate

I don't see why it should be locked...the project has its roots in this community and uses numerous models and media I have bought on this site.

Quote: "at any rate: this looks AMAZING wolf .___.'
reminds me a lot of Dark Messiah for some reason"

Thanks a lot! Maybe I can reach this kind of quality one day... at least visually. I doubt that I can pull of such a great combatsystem.

Quote: "
I said two years ago that UDK was better than FPSC, and Wolf was one of the main advocated for FPSC superiority."

I don't think I said that. I don't remember my exact text, I probably said that FPSC is superior to UDK for an Indie/One Man team and/or beginner. Which I concider to be true because I learned a lot with FPSC and I do still believe that average joe who decides to make some game can get a lot further with FPSC than with a major studio tool such as UDK.

Quote: "Yet now Wolf has moved to UDK?"

Well, yes...my ego was finally big enough to do this move.
It requires some arrogance to say to yourself "lets make a game in UDK... without a team and without autodesk software.."

Alright, lets get in some of the new content:

The rambling old storyline is no longer relevant. Just take this short tagline as a placeholder:

Quote: "In a world ravaged by an eighteen year long war, 2 decade's ago, now being divided by the clash between
magic and technologie, a young thief named Victor has been burdened to serve as a vital tool to save the world from an ominous ancient threat returning from its damnation.

...it came to my attention that this story thingie is too general so lets get into detail:

You are a thief born and raised in the swampcountry Samweyr which is one of the poorest land's there are. It has a lot of swamp, little population and a lot of poverty. After the bloodmoon wars those who are able to cast magic rule the people as it has always been. Those who can cast magic without being part of a royal blood line or priesthood get sentenced to death. (convicted for sorcery and witchcraft). The general public believes that the nobles are blessed by the gods, and those who can work magic in the lower classes are possessed by demons. Fear allowed them to control people. Technology however, the new machines allow the general public to be independent, to live without being controlled by those who can work magic. It is clear that aritocrathy want to undermine any effort the scientists make and studying mechanics and machinery is outlawed as herasy)

The truth is that all human beings, trained enough can cast magic, most would only be able to telepathically move a glass after decades of training, others are more potent. The more potent you are, the more connected you are to the spirit world (in lag of a better therm) so it is more likely that you can be possessed or corrupted by an evil entitie.
The protagonist himself has been possessed by a demon in a moment of pure hatred and sheer raged. He was setting the thugs who murdered his daughter on fire...with his bare hands. They burned down to the bones within seconds. In a night, in which all people close to the veil of ghosts have been recruted by a once prisoned demonic force gathering in the shadows, waiting to strike to pave the way for their demonic rulers. Only the demon corrupting the mind of Victor is facing a different goal as she suddenly discovers sympathy for her host... the two form a bond to stop the invasion and to save Victor's kind.

The first game in the series (if a series will spawn from this) plays in the abbey of murhakar where young nobles and kings are teached in the art of magic and where they study for their future roles as Aristocrats. The abbey is heavily guarded by the legion and overseen by a coven of elite mages. Even though the abbey grew into its own little state over the century's (think vatican) it has originally only built to hide a secret guarded by the coven pretending to be only in charge of the recruitment of mages.
Underneath the abbey, deep within a maze of cavestructures lies a huge inverted pyramid built by an ancient, long lost, civilisation.

Sunken in the ground within the millions of years that passed, this temple hides the only weapon needed to ban the invasive demonic force... and it can only be wielded by someone with demonic blood. (you guessed it)

"

I will copy in the new screenshots and then include the lates update to this post.

I won't copy in everything I have on my blog and on moddb, if you have any questions, I would love to answer them

HUGE IMAGE PLEASE CLICK

Alright, thats the vital part. You can see more stuff here
and here

Latest News:

This week I have been mostly busy experimenting with various settings/postprocessing for the setting and again: Creating new media for my game. Its something I will most likely keep doing for the next few month's. I have started an Alpha Version of the cave entrance (with the energie field...somebody might remember this, its somewhere in this thread). I will incorporate a lot of stuff I really liked in other fantasy games in this one aswell so be ready to see a lot of huge statues and surreal vegetation in the caves

Gameplay wise, I have been adjusting some of the characters movement and jumping height. There is also a really rough version of "picking stuff up" already in the game.

But well, I guess I can interest you guys more in some images.

You remember the old courtyard on page 1 ?

Its now a bit different:

As for some new indoor shots:

This week, I will focus some more on the first levelbits and on an early version of an inventory.

Thanks for checking this out, feel free to post

-Wolf

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2012 23:08
my god, it looks gorgeous, but why doesnt the potions in the "HUGE IMAGE" have any smoothing groups?

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2012 23:17
Quote: "but why doesnt the potions in the "HUGE IMAGE" have any smoothing groups?"

You want the truth? LAZYNESS!
I used to tell myself that I would like to go for a retro/lowpoly look...but I don't... I reimport these meshes soon and assign them to smoothing groups.

Glad you like it! (Also: The game is really not made very professional... smoothing groups isn't the only thing thats not exactly made according to state of the art standarts But hey! It wouldn't be a wolf game without a lot of amateurism.)

Mychal B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2012 23:17
Do you have dynamic lighting set up? It would be pretty crazy of you walked through those light rays and it affected the player/shadow

The fastfood zombie killer
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2012 23:24
Not in this map, no

This would look fantastic, yes, but the player himself won't cast any shadow in the game has he is just a camera with a pair of arms.

I have not yet experimented with dynamic lighting but I will for sure as the game should get some stealth elements later (IF I can make it happen)

-Wolf

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2012 23:37
Despite the fact you called me arrogant, I still love the images. You've managed to master using the Light Rays feature pretty, darn quick, and your Lightmass work in general is astounding.
Mychal B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2012 23:43
What I'm doing to be able to sneak around and affect the player's lighting is I set up an array with all the positions of the lights, and then calculate the ambience depending on the distance if he is within a light.

Then I use the value of what the ambient level is to determine how visible he is to the ai. Pretty easy to implement and much more fps friendly if the setup works for you.

Now that I think about it, if your scene is in the middle of the day and you cast shadow for the player to try and hide in, you can do the same thing! I was only thinking about night time

The fastfood zombie killer
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 23rd Jan 2012 08:44
whats going on? why was this moved to GC? or erm? huh why was it posted into the RSS feed?

Anyway I recall this project from ages ago but urm can not remember anything... sorry for asking a silly question but what did you use to build this?

DBPro or GDK?

I recall the courtyard scene... sorry I have missed too much to read through all the above but will keep my eyes peeled on this one from now on

Blobby 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2012 09:58
As far as I can tell, it was FPSC but it's been moved here as he's switched to UDK

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 23rd Jan 2012 10:01
Ah Cheers Blobby 101...

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2012 14:17
@Mychal B

Quote: "What I'm doing to be able to sneak around and affect the player's lighting is I set up an array with all the positions of the lights, and then calculate the ambience depending on the distance if he is within a light.

Then I use the value of what the ambient level is to determine how visible he is to the ai. Pretty easy to implement and much more fps friendly if the setup works for you.

Now that I think about it, if your scene is in the middle of the day and you cast shadow for the player to try and hide in, you can do the same thing! I was only thinking about night time"

Actually, that is a pretty interesting approach. (not that I know how to accomplish it...yet). Here is mine: As I can see how far a light spreads in the editor, I just wanted to drag an invisible zone over this area that determines how visible the player is to the AI. (This would allow me to set special areas where the player would be visible logically but without being lit technically (like in front of a lit window). There would be 4 different areas. Hidden, barely visible, visible and lit like a christmas tree. Your approach however would make more sense in the long run as I think I should be able to adapt it to a new map much quicker. I will look into this soon. UDK already comes with some great premade enemy protoypes, so setting my first combat up should happen within february.

@CoffeeGrunt: Come oooon How could I know that you too reject autodesk software I ment myself with that statement and you know it

Quote: "You've managed to master using the Light Rays feature pretty, darn quick"

Actually, its a checkbox that says "render lightrays" ...and the settings are right below it. It took me a lot longer to figure out how to get reasonable collision in my game

Quote: "and your Lightmass work in general is astounding. "

Thank you! Its my favorite part of mapdesign. Lighting it up

Anyway CG, your into UDK much longer than I am so...can I haz ur Codez? No seriously...do you have a WIP somewhere?

@MrValentine:
Quote: "I recall the courtyard scene... sorry I have missed too much to read through all the above but will keep my eyes peeled on this one from now on "

Thank you! Oh... and please visit page 9 of this thread to see the new courtyard. I don't want that horrible first design to leave a lasting impression

-Wolf

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2012 15:30
Quote: "Anyway CG, your into UDK much longer than I am so...can I haz ur Codez? No seriously...do you have a WIP somewhere?"

All my WIP work isn't really worth showing. Half-built scripts, mainly. I went more into scripting than design, using a bunch of DexSoft media.

I started a small map after I got bored. It's still in checkerboard textures though. I'm doing layout, lighting, enemies, then Matinee sequences, etc.

When I meant you'd got LightRays down, I meant without it blurring everything like it always does for me. :S
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2012 04:37
Quote: "All my WIP work isn't really worth showing."

Now you are just being modest

Quote: "Half-built scripts, mainly. I went more into scripting than design, using a bunch of DexSoft media."

Sine you went more into scripting than designing and I went more into designing than scripting. I would hit you up to cook something together if you wouldn't live miles away

Quote: "I started a small map after I got bored. It's still in checkerboard textures though. I'm doing layout, lighting, enemies, then Matinee sequences, etc.
"

What game is it?

Quote: "When I meant you'd got LightRays down, I meant without it blurring everything like it always does for me. :S "

That happened to me once too as I tried to get a heatray effect for my fireplaces. I later just decided that bloom would be the best solution. Can I see your lightray settings?

-Wolf

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2012 17:02
I've mainly been scripting vehicles. Turrets are easy, and give very good results. Sadly, while I managed to hack 'n' slash the Cicada into something very different to its normal functions, making my own Jeep type vehicle - a la Halo's Warthog - hasn't worked out. Somewhere, there's a misplaced skeletal control or physics issues...somewhere...

Map design, I'm kinda...meh. I only really do that when I'm feeling creative, but don't feel like writing. I might grab some pictures and videos, and put together something on YouTube of what I've achieved so far.
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2012 02:35
Quote: "Somewhere, there's a misplaced skeletal control or physics issues...somewhere..."

How does it behave / whats wrong?

Quote: "I might grab some pictures and videos, and put together something on YouTube of what I've achieved so far. "

I would like to see that

As for now, I just wanted to link to a couple of websites this game has been featured on:

Indie Game Mag

PC Games (German)

Freegamearchive

the dark side of gaming

I also came to the point in which I realised that I might need a team to pull this off after all

-Wolf

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2012 07:01
Quote: "As for now, I just wanted to link to a couple of websites this game has been featured on:"

thats, AMAZING Wolf!!

Lord Herakles the Great
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, Wolf.

Your game definately sounds like something I would really enjoy playing. It sounds a lot like Dark Messiah, which was an amazing game. So if it's anything like that game, it will be amazing too. If you need voice acting, I'd be happy to help.

Also, I recently switched to UDK (coming from DarkGDK) myself. Are there any tips you could give someone like me who is first learning the UDK editor having previously only used TGC products?

Formerly known as Housewares
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2012 16:40
Quote: "thats, AMAZING Wolf!!"

I thought so too! The game is not even in beta state

Quote: "If you need voice acting, I'd be happy to help."

I'll come back on that! But that is a task that lies far ahead in the future.

Quote: "Are there any tips you could give someone like me who is first learning the UDK editor having previously only used TGC products?"

Hmm, let me see... well: Most important: Save your progress! Hit that save button every few minutes as UDK tends to crash a lot. You will get used to a lot of "not responding" messages as it usually recovers. However, from time to time it just decides that it doesn't like your new package and it crashes while saving something.

Also important: This guy's website will give you a kickstart. His tutorials are short and well written I find myself enjoying his work a lot.

UDK has its quirks (particulary Kismet, which allows you to do really complex sequences rather easy and really easy things far too complicated) but you find yourself enjoying the torment pretty quick

-Wolf

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2012 13:42
I recently updated the IndieDB Profile of Relikt and felt the need to perform the same task on my blog and here.

Well, to be honest, I only planned to upload a few images but I have achieved a certain amount of features lately I don't want you to miss.

You see, I recently spiced up the visuals for Relikt by adding parallax mapping (best known from games such as "Amnesia: The Dark Descent" and future artworks added to the game will have a much higher resolution than those already in. They will be in the same art style, that way I doubt that they will stand out too much from the 512*512 textures I imported from the FPSC settings.
[href=http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/big/hr3v-6n-e165.png]
(CLICK TO SEE IMAGE IN FULL SIZE)[/href]

I am currently working (and I have already rather cool results) on a Physics manipulating system so the player is able to pick objects up, throw them, breakable objects etc. This is also why the future updates will be rather bare in terms of screenshots.

Damn! I had to do way too much paperwork this morning, just read how distant and "matter of fact" I type today.

So yeah! I finally have a pretty clear idea of what this game will be. Unreal's Drag and Drop Script Editor "Kismet" allows me not only to creat moving and vivid level's but also to implement most simple gameplay elements rather fast.. Especially puzzles like "assembling cogwheels" "find the key" or "push the statue" are really easy to accomplish.

Now here are a few images. Nothing really new, but I like to send out constant signs of progress:

CAVE IMAGE

You may now think these torches are 2D Sprites...and they are. From Simon Benge's Sprite Pack. BUT They have an extra heat effect so they do not seem like only flat images if you look at them from above. It was one of my first better achievments in UnrealCascade and I'm still happy to have it.

You haven't spotted the little hole there, okay There will be another room later.

Thanks for reading folks Feel free to post whatever input or questions you have.

-Wolf

NIlooc223
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2012 23:26
Very nice i'm starting to learn unreal as soon as I get better at modeling

Your signature has been erased by a mod - no affiliate links thanks
charger bandit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2012 09:23
The mushrooms in the 2nd pic needs a bit fix on the shading. And maybe more dirt on the wall paintings in the 1st one,it looks too clean. Otherwise a damn fine jon

Fuzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2012 09:33
Quote: "And maybe more dirt on the wall paintings in the 1st one,it looks too clean"

Maybe it gets cleaned

JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2012 12:26
Loving the progress. You have a way with atmosphere.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2012 14:20
Charger, I think the mushrooms are meant to be bio-luminescent, as in, they are the light source.

It's possible with UDK to use an illumination map to turna static mesh into a light source without any light entities. I think that's what Wolf here has done.
Blobby 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2012 14:54
looking amazing there Wolf! I've been wanting to get into UDK for a while myself, any tips or decent tutorials you found?

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2012 15:16
This guy's great for learning the basics:
http://www.hourences.com/

And this guy's YouTube videos are really handy for learning the UI:
http://www.youtube.com/user/raven67854
Blobby 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2012 17:20
Thanks CoffeeGrunt! That top link is great

charger bandit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2012 06:18
CoffeeGrunt: They look a bit werid to me,just pointing it out. There should be a bit of shading on them anyways.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2012 20:10
Charger, they are the light source. Therefore, they shouldn't have any shadows at all...
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2012 21:05
Quote: "Charger, they are the light source. Therefore, they shouldn't have any shadows at all..."

but, they are geometry, or atleast thats how the eye catches them as

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2012 23:26
In UDK, the geometry itself can be used as a light source. Rather than using an emissive map, and placing light sources near it, you can set it to emit light onto its surroundings from the emissive map itself.
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2012 00:04
the point was that it looks weird, because the eyes catch them as both light sources and geometry, thus they should emit light and still catch shadows, or it might look weird

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2012 21:49 Edited at: 9th Feb 2012 21:55
Quote: "And maybe more dirt on the wall paintings in the 1st one,it looks too clean"

I replaced it entirely.

Quote: "Loving the progress. You have a way with atmosphere.
"

Thank you! Have you seen the (far better shots) on page 9 aswell?

To clean up the shroom discussion... I like my mushrooms. And yes, they are the lightsource for that area.

This is a more recent shot with fog

Whats new?

I have a fulltime job now...and its awful! XD But still, even though I didn't think that I would I still can't resist gamecreation

So this keeps going.

This week I started to work on level 1 and its gameplay mechanics. It involves breaking out of a prison by picking locks and breaking walls. UDK offers a lot of features to set up destructible environment pretty fast.

A Amnesia inspired physics system was also a lot easier than I thought but I think I already mentioned that.

There are, however, still no enemies. Its a part I might pick up towards a later development state.
I was thinking about applying a body to the maincharacter. Hooking it to the camera like in Dark Messiah or the likes. I'm not so sure about the idea yet as the game will involve some climbing and swimming, a lot of jumping and the result might be a little clumsy.

The guys who made thief³ managed to get great results...so there should be some way for me to get the job done aswell.

I was also thinking about a book system. Books and letters are important in the game, but I know that least of us are really big on reading stuff in games...so I decided to build in a "summary" features that shows the contents of the letter/book summed up by pressing left click.

Visually I have done little, but this cave is nearing its beta version: Screenshots might appear too dark on some systems. The screencapture tool makes them darker, I dont know why:

I will change this temple entrance thing...that yellowish lighting really blows.

There is a pool of swimable water here...if you can see it.

Yeah! these came out way too dark.... that happens >.<

Check by next time for the final version of the courtyard level and whatever else I accomplish within next week.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2012 01:20 Edited at: 19th Feb 2012 00:27
Sorry to res the thread, but Wolf did ask me to show him what I'd been working on.

Very basic rouchcut cinematic. Took about to hours. Still gotta add materials, AI enemies and such to this sequence. Animatinos are still a bit rigid, and the upload was compressed as much as possible to make it quick.

If anyone's interested, I can keep you posted on this mini-project:

It was fantastically fun to put it together. Quite intricate, though. I'll save your eyes the pain of Matinee/Kismet screen captures.

/Edit/

Updated with a less compressed file format.
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2012 00:50 Edited at: 20th Feb 2012 00:53
Ah yes! I see your "not worth mentioning" work is as worth mentioning as I expected Great work and nice natural movement on the cicada.
Quote: "
If anyone's interested, I can keep you posted on this mini-project:"

Please! The general interest in my project seems to have ceased and as it wouldn't be nice to start opening up more threads on TGC concurring software, feel free to use my thread to present more of your work as I find it quiet intriguing. (did I spell that correctly? )

As for the lack of updates from my side: I'm working on the core gameplay of my game. Any further explanation of what amount of work that means is unnecessary to any fellow gamedeveloper.

But! I should get some screenshots together next week as I upped the visual quality a lot recently. (With little work but big results.)

-Wolf

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2012 01:26 Edited at: 4th Mar 2012 01:27

Dear Reader,

I tell you right away before you notice it yourself. There isn't much new to show...again Why?
Well, I've gotten myself a fulltimejob. One of the more... engaging ones where you can never sit down.
I just don't have the force to work on my art at the evening so development goes very slow at the moment.
This however, won't be lasting so there will be more interesting stuff to see in the near future.

What is new? A lot has been scratched! I refined the game a little, grounding myself in reality seeing

what I can do within reasonable time and what would just take me forever and my nerves to the grave.

There will be no parcour. This will most likely disappoint some friends of mine but hey! You can still do basic climbing. The game will also be released in 3 builds/episodes. (yes, I know...gamedevelopers do rarely make it to "episode 3". Lets just try it anyway)

I stretched the story a little. The original script was revolving only around a prison, the monastery and the temple. I will however add some outdoor exploration... for me, to play with the engine and for you to enjoy some nice swamp athmosphere. I do also anticipate to get an episode to last at least one to two hours of gameplay.

While I do still have no new/ relevant media to show, here are some different angles on things that I
have already done. If you don't like it... ponies!

Development on this might run a little slow for the next six months. I think I will focus my energy on something small that will be released on desura to raise funds for this project... but I won't bother you with that until I have something more concrete to show you. As for now, thanks for keeping your faith in my livingroom gameforge see you guys next time.

Remember that I'm always happy when people check out my other work on my blog (there are also always some extra screenshots and links to be found.) and leave some feedback here.

Blobby 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2012 02:10
All I can say is WOW. This is looking like one of the best games to come out of these forums yet. It looks beautiful! Have you thought about releasing this commercially? You could totally do it, especially considering some of the guff you find on steam!

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2012 02:48
I would have made more progress on my work as well, Wolf, but I just got myself a partner...and we all know what they do to productivity.

However, your work is definitely one of the better pieces I've seen, even on the UDK Showcase. Although, check out "abandoned Train Tunnel." It has tonnes of cool atmospheric effects that might inspire you...
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2012 23:26
Quote: "It looks beautiful! Have you thought about releasing this commercially?"
Thank you! And yes, I actually have.
I will use only media I hold a commercial license for...just in case. You see, I will judge if it is worth selling once its in beta state. Impossible to tell that now.

Quote: "You could totally do it, especially considering some of the guff you find on steam!"

Haha! Thank you!

And yeah! Most well-developed games on here are better than some junk I sometimes see even in stores.

Quote: "I would have made more progress on my work as well, Wolf, but I just got myself a partner...and we all know what they do to productivity. "

I find myself very productive while in love... most creative while hard broken. However, as I am in a state of nothingness at this very moment, my creativity and dedication suffers. To you and your new found aphrodite: best luck!

Quote: "However, your work is definitely one of the better pieces I've seen, even on the UDK Showcase. Although, check out "abandoned Train Tunnel." It has tonnes of cool atmospheric effects that might inspire you... "

Would you mind linking me to the forum this is posted on?

-Wolf

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2012 00:02 Edited at: 5th Mar 2012 00:05
Quote: "I find myself very productive while in love... most creative while hard broken. However, as I am in a state of nothingness at this very moment, my creativity and dedication suffers. To you and your new found aphrodite: best luck! "

He says thanks, and tells me he likes your lighting work a lot!

If you want a hand with anything, feel free to ask. I'm currently having fun toying with Matinee and Kismet for event sequences.

Quote: "Would you mind linking me to the forum this is posted on?"

http://forums.epicgames.com

Still trying to find the exact thread, it was called something like "Abandoned Tunnel," or something...

/Edit/

Underground Tunnel, that was it:
http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/726872-The-Underground-Tunnel-(WIP)?highlight=tunnel

Lots of cool effects, and he gives advice on how to achieve them. Might give you the odd pinch of inspiration, I feel.
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2012 01:07
Quote: "He says thanks, and tells me he likes your lighting work a lot!"

My games wouldn't be much to look at without it. I wonder what it will look like in the final build once I figured what settings to use

Quote: "I'm currently having fun toying with Matinee and Kismet for event sequences."

Well thats excellent! I shall contact you for advise whenever I'm stuck. Which happens often.

Quote: "Lots of cool effects, and he gives advice on how to achieve them. Might give you the odd pinch of inspiration, I feel. "

Yes o.O And its laaaate! I'm going to have a major headache tomorrow but it was worth it. Thank you!

-Wolf

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2012 01:23
Glad to help however I can. Heck, it'd be nice to see something like this on Steam, and be able to brag at how I helped a little...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 21:17:57
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 21:17:57