Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / [U3] Relict

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2011 21:42
@EGG HEAD OF DOOM You mean current gen. Sorry, It's just a pet peeve of mine

@Wolf: Anyway, when anyone refers to current gen games, they mean AAA titles, and as we all know indies are held to a different standard than AAA studios (for better or for worse), you'll stand more than just a chance on Steam

New sig in the process of being made
ThoughtWire Software
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2011 22:24
Sounds like you might make a considerable little pile o' moneys on these new commercial releases. I wish you the best of luck!

[center]

Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2011 07:15 Edited at: 4th Jul 2011 07:18
Quote: "I was emailing them on it however, maybe I'm lucky and they sell it for 3 Dollar"

No man.I recommended you sell your game 5 dollar.3 dollar its to cheap bro and I recommended you to used Vishnu Packer to prevent from Piracy!!!

ALL HAIL

[EDIT]
Before I forgot something.You can used my model for non and commercial.

Poloflece,Anayar,PWP,Henry Ham,Cosmic Prophet,Wolf,KeithC,Nickydude And Lee Bamber is my icon.
OmegaWolf98
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2011 07:46
Are you still looking for voice actors Wolf?

Because if you (not very likely) make a child NPC, I would be interested in doing the voice.

Jack E. Barnett

I laugh at others illiteracy.
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2011 01:12 Edited at: 11th Aug 2011 01:59
Woops! Forgot to asnwer all the questions here =/

Quote: "I send to you e-mail, I hope that you will reply"

To what adress did you send it?

Quote: "I mean, if it were to have a Metacritic score, it would be somewhere around 80"

That would be great! Thanks that you think so high of it!

Quote: "Sounds like you might make a considerable little pile o' moneys on these new commercial releases. I wish you the best of luck!
"

Thank you!

Quote: "Because if you (not very likely) make a child NPC, I would be interested in doing the voice."

Thanks for the offer! But its one of my principle to not have children in a game that involves first person violence.

-Wolf

Edit: here is a retexture I recently made for the game

I probably add more of my beloved noise and oversharpening to my characters

-Wolf

I make serious coffee - so strong it wakes up the neighbors.
http://serygalacaffeine.deviantart.com/
Twitter:@Serygala
EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2011 06:25
So thats the secret ingredient you've been using in all your characters, eh? haha, well this guy looks pretty spooky in an intimidating way. nice work. I'd like to see you do something a little more creative with these nights however. you seemed to have done more with the other characters, I feel you could do more with this as well.

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2011 03:31
Hmm...its supposed to be just a grunt, so I didn't want to add too much. But yes, its not my best work

And yeah! thats the ingredient

You might also notice the retextured sword. I'm trying to figure something out so the player can pick up all weapons from dead enemies and also take all kind of weapons from the surroundings. You might have noticed a lot of swords and axes on the walls? It seemed silly to me to be unable to take them.

-Wolf

I make serious coffee - so strong it wakes up the neighbors.
http://serygalacaffeine.deviantart.com/
Twitter:@Serygala
Tinker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2011 04:30 Edited at: 16th Aug 2011 09:45
This is stunning, your truly a talented human being. Wolf do you already have a trailer for this? Well if not yet, I can make one for you, just email me... I will definitely do it for free, since you helped me a lot. Btw! I can also do voice overs!

If there is no way, then we create our own!
SgtBrown5
Years of Service
User Offline
Somtimes I wonder why I even try,

Good work Wolf.

SgtBrown5
EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2011 09:03
@Wolf

I always get annoyed at games where you can't do that.

Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2011 23:40 Edited at: 16th Aug 2011 07:58
Quote: "Somtimes I wonder why I even try"

I know right?

Wolf your game looks amazing, i hope that you finish this! I love fantasy games, and you definitely pulled it off! I swear i would pay $30 for this game. Like this is up there with AAA games! I would choose this over stupid COD..

If you need help with anything i will try my best to help, im somewhat of a noob at FPSC so i don't know if i can help much..

Again, great job Wolf! Keep it up!

N00B!!! Help
Years of Service
User Offline
great game man

only if any body can teach me hhow to script and code plz!!

once again great game look foward to play it & who ever is goodat fps creator can you message me at my email or twitter or youtube. info below

TWITTER - @GABECRz
E-Mail - datkidnamedgabecrz@gmail.com
Youtube - youtube.com/omgducati

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/5846/bannerscw.jpg
Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2011 20:40
Quote: "only if any body can teach me hhow to script and code plz!!"

There are hundreds of tutorials on the forum, use the search box at the bottom

Also check out the FPS Creator Community Guide, i think there is a part 2 to that guide but you will have to search for it..

N00B!!! Help
Years of Service
User Offline
[quote]There are hundreds of tutorials on the forum, use the search box at the bottom

im new to this forum thats why.
thanks anyways

By omgducati at 2011-08-17
Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2011 10:34
Quote: "im new to this forum thats why.
thanks anyways"

My bad!
Hope that helped though!

SOLO DESIGN
Years of Service
User Offline
This is looking good, if you ever sell the whole thing as a pack with scripts and environments but not characters or weapons I would be interested.

How did you do the light ball hoverring in the players hand and lights the way? - great touch though!!!
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2011 21:48
All my files are on my external HDD already as I'm getting new hardware so I figured why not to add a sword to this

Original photo

Shaders applied

Textured mesh

-Wolf

Matter is energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively Theres no such thing as death,life is only a dream,and were the imagination of ourselves.
Jaden Korr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2011 21:59
That's a great looking sword here, keep up the good work !

RelMayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2011 22:03
Cool model, but the texture seems to be a little bit "cartoonish" IMHO

No new screenies ?

Your signature has been erased by a mod please reduce it to no larger that 600 x 120.
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2011 23:16

Newstime, children!

Alright people, I have a long, stressful and annoying weekendshift waiting for me tomorrow and have to get some shuteye so I'm cutting this short.

I use storytellers classic layout, no ripping of intended

The Good:

The year approaches its end and as promised to many of you, my fellow developers, in IM I will jump right into Relict again.

The game will be co written and designed by a very good friend of mine. She will most likely bring in a little female flair and make it a lot prettier and deeper.

Story and gameplay will be changed a lot. Outdoor levels are already planned...

The Bad:

I won't be able to keep this post updated, all I can provide will be a link to a development thread from another forum so those of you who are still interested in the project can follow it.

The game will be free...again.

The Ugly:

Relikt (as it is titled now) will be made in *drummroll* UDK. After releasing some version of Psishock my FPSC time is definately over.

This is also why I can't keep this thread going, the AUP does not allow me to.

Any questions?

have a nice day

-Wolf

The right man with the wrong engine can make all the difference, doctor freeman...
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2011 23:22
Awww... well, as much as I wanted to see how this would go in FPSC, it's just as good in UDK, if not better, I assume. Good luck to you.
Quote: "all I can provide will be a link to a development thread from another forum"

?

uzi idiot
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2011 08:57
I can't wait to see what you can do in UDK.
But it's sad to know P S I S H O C K will be your final FPSC game.

Mental Stability is over-rated!
SpaceWurm
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 3rd Dec 2011 10:00
It seems that we will need a new roll model for FPSC.

Wolf, your work is truly inspiring. Makes me work harder and spend less time with my girl friend.

Will be following you on ModDB.

Artrift.com - Digital Art Community | MyPixelbox.net - My Creative Blog
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2011 23:57
Quote: "if not better, I assume."

Oh yes it is! I'm already making good progress and it does not seem as hostile to do a Game in UDK as I expected...quiet the opposite. Its fun...which is something that I don't really had while using FPSC... I mean: Sure, it was creative evening crafting and I was able to bring my ideas alive (sort of) but really a fun activity... not exactly.

Quote: "
But it's sad to know P S I S H O C K will be your final FPSC game."

Yeah! But I'll stick around releasing free media and tutorials every few months.

Quote: "It seems that we will need a new roll model for FPSC."

Well thanks for seeing me that way For me: its proving myself to a new crowd with a tougher engine. Its sad that TGC does not have a board for non TGC related game products other than geek culture, but I see how that makes sence from a company man's point of view.

Quote: "Wolf, your work is truly inspiring. Makes me work harder "

Well thank you I'm very....

Quote: "and spend less time with my girl friend. "

Oh my god, I'm a monster...

Quote: "Will be following you on ModDB.
"

That reminds me that...I should really make a website...

-Wolf

The right man with the wrong engine can make all the difference, doctor freeman...
maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2011 12:19
noooo, cannot be^^

no, absolutley ok, i think fpsc has too much boundaries for someone like you. just a question: as far as i remember udk has just a noncommercial license for free, or am i wrong?
so all you releases under udk will be for free. remember that some of your games in fpsc where commercial.
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2011 21:22
Quote: "no, absolutley ok, i think fpsc has too much boundaries for someone like you. just a question: as far as i remember udk has just a noncommercial license for free, or am i wrong?
so all you releases under udk will be for free. remember that some of your games in fpsc where commercial. "

99% Yes... Relikt will be free. The only game I still plan to sell (for very very little money) will be Psishock. We'll see about that.

-Wolf

Dark Frager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2011 22:56
Last FPSC game for you? Pff, considering someone like you, that should be no challenge. Good luck anyways.

"I guarantee you'll miss me, 'cause you changed the way you kissed me." [href]www.youtube.com/TheDarkFrager[/href]
Spare 2 seconds of your life and subscribe to me please.
Bejasc3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2011 00:53
I'm pleased you're moving to UDK wolf. I think FPSC is quite limiting on your capabilities. That being said, you have achieved a great deal with this.
Good luck with UDK!

2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2011 21:40
Wolf, don't tell me your going to leave without telling us how you incorporated magic into your game on vanilla FPSC.

There is so much you can teach us. We will miss you greatly.

I'm hoping to hear about you making the next best game on pc or console.

Cheers.

God help me, Please.
Dark Goblin
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes Wolf 1 question.
Where is the link? ^^

Sounds good that such a promising game now gets into UDK. A lot more possibilities at all sides. Hope to see it sometimes, because I want to know how it evolves.

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2011 19:42
Quote: "Last FPSC game for you?"

Yeah, last large project for me But I will crash in from time to time with some 10 hour game like Thanatophobia or Deprivation. Jupp...just like herpes...I keep coming back.

Quote: "I'm pleased you're moving to UDK wolf. I think FPSC is quite limiting on your capabilities."

Actually, FPSC's quirks and issues helped me a great deal designing my game in UDK... I plan to integrate practically the same gameplay, an I KNOW I can achieve this. Most folks starting with UDK do always have these plans of making the next Crysis and actually think they can pull of some Gears of War clone... and then the editor just crushes them. Me, I look at it from a more realistic POV and I'm more than happy if my game lasts two hours. Actually I could get all FPSC Levels I made in a single UDK Map...but I really like to design loadingscreens so I wont do that.
Yeah...I'm rambling again ...my point is that Relikt will just be a fun short fpadventure...you know: No Oblivion clone.
That being said, you have achieved a great deal with this.
Good luck with UDK!"

Thank you very much

Quote: "Wolf, don't tell me your going to leave without telling us how you incorporated magic into your game on vanilla FPSC."

You havent figured that out yet? Rewrite your gunspec until it works. You can just copy stuff from guns that are a bit like the spell you want to do. Soundeffects are also really important to this. If you work with FPSC, you gotta be aware that you have to fake 80% of your gameplay.
There is so much you can teach us. We will miss you greatly."

Thanks...but like I mentioned, I'll stick around.
I'm hoping to hear about you making the next best game on pc or console."

A man can dream, eh?

Yes Wolf 1 question.
Where is the link? ^^"

Well, I did fry my mainboard and have to wait for my new hardware until 31 decembre. So yeah...I'm typing on my netbook at this very moment and can't provide you people with anything. That being said I did just learn the basics of kismet but I am already digging the leveleditor. And I dont have to tell you how much time I wasted with the material and the particle effects editor, Goblin

However, here is the link.
Sounds good that such a promising game now gets into UDK. A lot more possibilities at all sides. Hope to see it sometimes, because I want to know how it evolves."

I do think its awesome already...I bet you like it...it has a lot of shaders

-Wolf

uzi idiot
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2011 20:00
Quote: "Well, I did fry my mainboard and have to wait for my new hardware until 31 decembre."

Damn, that sucks.

I hope you are as awesome in UDK as you are in FPSC.

Ertlov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2011 18:46
Quote: " I'm already making good progress and it does not seem as hostile to do a Game in UDK as I expected...quiet the opposite. Its fun..."

It *IS* fun. But you will find yourself in hell when coming close to the end of your project and trying to debug it. I have roleld out UDK projects on my own and I was the supervisor for commercial teams that made games in UDK - and ALL of them had to switch to Unreal 3 full before the release to get the soruce code access.

Come to where the madness is:
http://www.homegrowngames.at
Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2011 19:06
Quote: "just like herpes...I keep coming back."

HAHAHHAHA

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2011 22:57
Quote: "It *IS* fun. But you will find yourself in hell when coming close to the end of your project and trying to debug it. I have roleld out UDK projects on my own and I was the supervisor for commercial teams that made games in UDK - and ALL of them had to switch to Unreal 3 full before the release to get the soruce code access."

After 6 years of making games I didn't expect it to work out that smooth so I pretty much saw that coming. : However: Relikt does have rather simple gameplay (adapted to fpsc) and I believe that I won't discover that much issues. I do not plan to implement any exotic gameplay as it is my first UDK Project. Thanks for the warning though.

Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow you moving to UDK,well good luck anyway.I hope I will see a great progress of your UDK work.

Poloflece,Anayar,PWP,Henry Ham,Cosmic Prophet,Wolf,Rolfy,KeithC,Nickydude,SceneCommander,Dark Goblin And Lee Bamber is my icon.

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2012 21:42
Alright folks: weekly updates on relikt can be found here from now on.

This thread is still open for any fpsc related questions about the game.

-Wolf

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes, art is knowing which ones to keep.
uzi idiot
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2012 23:07
It's beautiful!

Mr. Flibble is Very cross!
Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2012 03:55 Edited at: 9th Jan 2012 03:57
Hey wolf! Love the new pictures on the site and just the game in general! But i came across this picture in the site you linked (attached), is there any way you could re-take that in 1080p? I really like it and i want a new wallpaper but i can't see to find a good one. If it is not too much work, would you mind doing that? If it is not possible then never mind. But keep up the good work on the game!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2012 11:13 Edited at: 9th Jan 2012 11:15
Quote: "It's beautiful!
"

Thanks

Quote: "Hey wolf! Love the new pictures on the site and just the game in general! But i came across this picture in the site you linked (attached), is there any way you could re-take that in 1080p? I really like it and i want a new wallpaper but i can't see to find a good one. If it is not too much work, would you mind doing that? If it is not possible then never mind. But keep up the good work on the game! "

Its an honor to me I attached 3 images with slightly different color variations of that shot. Enjoy and glad you like it!!

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes, art is knowing which ones to keep.

Attachments

Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow looks great in UDK Wolf.Really nice.......

Poloflece,Anayar,PWP,Henry Ham,Cosmic Prophet,Wolf,Rolfy,KeithC,Nickydude,SceneCommander,Dark Goblin And Lee Bamber is my icon.

Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2012 13:01
Really beatiful Wolf, you suprised me again in positive way.
Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2012 23:50 Edited at: 10th Jan 2012 06:17
Thank you so much wolf! The quality turned out a lot better than i thought it would. Did you just increase the resolution? Or did you actually change the resolution in the game/test level?

EDIT - I was bored so i made the screenshot into a wallpaper. It isn't very good i know, but like i said i was bored. I attached it for anyone who wants it.

Thanks again!
- Josh

Attachments

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2012 18:00
Wow! First fan art

Its really nice!

Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2012 22:08
Haha, idk if i would call it fan art. I was just really bored and i felt like doing that. Im decent with Photoshop, but obviously i didn't change much from your picture. The picture i attached is the wallpaper i made yesterday for me. If you need something edited i can probably help out Im guessing there are a lot of people on these forums that are a lot better than me though.. But thanks!

Attachments

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2012 23:06
Oh! Thanks a lot for the offer! But I really like to do the 2D artwork myself. Its one of the most fun part of gamedevelopment

Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2012 23:28
True, true. Fine by me
SOLO DESIGN
Years of Service
User Offline
WOLF - seeing as you moved over to UDK with this project, how about selling the FPSC segments and scripts etc as a pack??

I have money waiting......................
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2012 02:44
Yes! I will do some packs this year But whe are only 21 days in, give me some time on that

3Bit
Years of Service
User Offline
Sent you email

3Bit

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 14:18:24
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 14:18:24