Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / App Developers Group

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2011 00:11
Baxslash, I've just bought myself a macbook so could you add that to the beta testing devices list.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2011 00:34
Nice, will do.

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
You can also add BlackBerry Playbook and Droid X2 (Android 2.3.4) to the list of devices I can test on.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2011 08:03
I'm thinking of asking users to put this kind of information in their profile on ADG or in a list on the ADG Beta testing board. I'll let you all know ASAP.

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2011 09:06
That's not a bad idea baxslash. Maybe The Slayer could design a new banner with some space for info like that? As for the ADG forum we could just list it in our sigs.

Impetus73
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2011 11:00
To send your game to others to betatest, one would have to give them the code, or a compiled package open for "hacking". Maybe someone should formulate some kind of non-disclosure agreement contract that the betatesters need to digitally sign? just a thought...

----------------
AGK user - novice
Did Amiga / AMOS programming in the 90's, just started programming again with AGK.
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2011 11:14 Edited at: 28th Nov 2011 11:19
Jesse has prepared a set of guidelines which advises our members fairly well. I would suggest providing a license agreement of some sort with your Beta version yes.

This is one I have previously used:
Quote: "

License Agreement
As a condition of your accessing this area, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
The games software was created by YOUR NAME HERE and all copyright and other rights in such is owned by YOUR NAME HERE. While YOUR NAME HERE allows you to access, download and use the software for non-commercial, home use you hereby expressly agree that you will not otherwise copy, distribute, modify, or (to the extent not otherwise permitted by law) decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer the games software.
THE GAMES SOFTWARE IS MADE AVAILABLE BY YOUR NAME HERE AS-IS AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND BY YOUR NAME HERE. YOUR NAME HERE HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY SUCH WARRANTY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, YOUR NAME HERE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE IN DAMAGES OR OTHERWISE FOR ANY DAMAGE OR INJURY FROM DOWNLOADING, DECOMPRESSING, RUNNING OR ATTEMPTING TO RUN, USING OR OTHERWISE DEALING WITH, IN ANY WAY, THE GAMES SOFTWARE CONTAINED IN THIS AREA, NOR SHALL YOUR NAME HERE BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR OTHER TYPES OF DAMAGES ARISING FROM ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE GAMES SOFTWARE.
YOU HEREBY AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS YOUR NAME HERE AND ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, CONSULTANTS AND CONTRACTORS AGAINST ALL LIABILITY OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF YOUR DOWNLOADING, DECOMPRESSING, RUNNING OR ATTEMPTING TO RUN, USING OR OTHERWISE DEALING WITH, IN ANY WAY, THE GAMES SOFTWARE.
YOUR NAME HERE MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS THAT THE GAMES SOFTWARE IS FREE OF MALICIOUS PROGRAMMING, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSE PROGRAMS, WORMS, MACROS AND THE LIKE. AS THE PARTY ACCESSING THE GAMES SOFTWARE IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO GUARD AGAINST AND DEAL WITH THE EFFECTS OF ANY SUCH MALICIOUS PROGRAMMING.
"

EDIT: Attached an rtf version...

EDIT2: Removed the name of the games company I robbed... I mean borrowed it from...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2011 06:31 Edited at: 30th Nov 2011 06:33
Hi there. Just wanted to put a quick query about AppGameKit Tier 1. We all remember the "Process terminated with status -1073741819" bug when your program got over a certain size right? Well I was under the impression that that was fixed but unless I'm going mad, I've just hit it again... I wondered if anyone had any thoughts on what is going on? Are there any other compiler crash bugs with this error? It's just that if I comment out some random long line, it compiles, regardless of which line it is, which suggests to me that it's a length issue.. Or was it not fixed after all? I've just downloaded the newest version from November, uninstalled the old version and installed the new one. In the txt file in the AppGameKit root directory, it says the latest update is "16/11/11 - Build 106" which should be past the bug, right? Is there any way I can get the compiler to confirm the version?

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2011 08:39
Quote: "We all remember the "Process terminated with status -1073741819" bug when your program got over a certain size right?"

Yeah, I remember that.

Quote: "Well I was under the impression that that was fixed but unless I'm going mad, I've just hit it again"

Uh Oh...

Quote: "Are there any other compiler crash bugs with this error?"

Not that I know of. How many lines of code do you have?

Quote: "Is there any way I can get the compiler to confirm the version?"

Interesting. I just went into my program files, found AppGameKit and checked the latest date that the compiler was modified and it had 3/11/11 but the folders above it have 24/11/11 and I did uninstall the old version and installed the new version. Very interesting.

This problem seems to have come up in another thread as well...

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2011 09:12
Hi Lucas, I haven't come across the issue since the last update. I haven't had that error code since either.

Double check your version (maybe un-install and re-install) and if it persists then post it as a new bug.

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2011 09:29
I dug up this thread: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=189308&b=41. It's the same error, the numbers match.

Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2011 16:47 Edited at: 30th Nov 2011 16:57
Quote: "Not that I know of. How many lines of code do you have?"

Well that's the puzzling thing see... I only have around 900 lines but my Ludum Dare entry that came to around 1500 lines still compiles.

Quote: "I just went into my program files, found AppGameKit and checked the latest date that the compiler was modified and it had 3/11/11 but the folders above it have 24/11/11 and I did uninstall the old version and installed the new version."

I've got a discrepancy here too but I'm not sure it's a problem. Presumably the uninstaller does not remove the folder because doing so would delete the Projects folder underneath it, thereby deleting all your works when you try to update your AGK. I can't swear on that though because I save my projects in My Documents anyway.

Quote: "This problem seems to have come up in another thread as well..."

Can you link so I can see what they are saying?

I'd say it's some unhandled syntax error I've made or something except that it is fixed by commenting out random lines. It really make no difference where they are. Do you remember me telling you I have this project which I've tried to make in about 5 difference languages but have never completed because it's cursed? Guess what project I'm working on now....

EDIT: Missed your new page posts.
@baxslash, I'll try another reinstalled.
@Hodgey, Yeah that post seems to match the error. It's from a couple of months back though so I'd have thought it was from before the fix..

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2011 00:51
Bad news, to all those who welcomed Angelica21 into our midsts and was looking forward to being here with her, I just hit the Nuke button. She is no more.

I apologise for the inconvenience, but hope your stay here will be a happy one without spambot.

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2011 01:15
Quote: "I only have around 900 lines but my Ludum Dare entry that came to around 1500 lines still compiles."

Well, if it's the same sort of bug then I think varying code results in varying sizes at which the bug shows itself.

Quote: "Can you link so I can see what they are saying?"

Well, there was only one reply and that was be me and the thread doesn't say much but here it is anyway.

Quote: "Bad news, to all those who welcomed Angelica21 into our midsts and was looking forward to being here with her, I just hit the Nuke button. She is no more."

That made me laugh.

The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: (Hide and) Seek and Destroy on my guitar!
Posted: 1st Dec 2011 02:13
Quote: "Bad news, to all those who welcomed Angelica21 into our midsts and was looking forward to being here with her, I just hit the Nuke button. She is no more."

NOOOOOO! Not Angelica21. Why did you nuke her?

I dont know her, but her name is so awesome. Sounds like a cardgame or something.

Hehehheh!

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 1st Dec 2011 02:30
Or that scary girl from RUGRATS...

Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2011 03:01
Quote: "I dug up this thread"

Thanks Hodgey. Turns out it must have been an update issue. I've now uninstalled everything, deleted everything that remained and reinstalled and now it seems to be fixed ! I think the issue may have been that I went to run the new installer and it asked me what I wanted to do (modify, repair, remove) so not thinking, I just clicked remove. Of course that was the new installer though so its idea of an uninstall would be different from that of the previous version. Soooo, I ran the old installer to remove it and then ran the new installer to install and it seems to work!

Quote: "I just hit the Nuke button. She is no more."

Well so long as you're the one who's going to inform the loving python scripts that brought her in to this world!

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2011 05:09
Quote: "Turns out it must have been an update issue. I've now uninstalled everything, deleted everything that remained and reinstalled and now it seems to be fixed "

You had me scared for a minute! Good to hear that you've fixed it.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2011 15:23 Edited at: 1st Dec 2011 15:24
TheSlayer has posted some new free spritesheets entitled "Flames" which can now be downloaded from the resources area on the ADG website HERE

Attachments

The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2011 23:25
Thanks, bax!

Stay tuned, guys. More will follow. I'm working on other free stuff (sounds, songs, 3D models (probably rigged character models)) to use in your games. All I ask is credits in your game(s).

Cheers

Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2011 07:28
@Slayer
Nice work with the flames! Very generous of you to offer free media. Thanks!

Also about the error I was experiencing with the "Process terminated with status -1073741819". Well it came back! But never fear. Turns out the solution simply seems to be to restart your computer. At least that seems to have fixed it for me... Of course that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever because the compiler presumably runs and terminates each time you ask it to compile and so should not have any persistent traits during a session between compilations but whatever. If anyone else experiences this error or has another way of fixing it, please do let me know. I'm running WinXP SP3 here with the latest version of AGK.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2011 11:45
TheSlayer has been busy yet again, this time he's giving us some free explosion spritesheets and a great waterfall spritesheet!

Check them out and download them for free HERE

Thanks TheSlayer!!

The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2011 20:30
Quote: "@Slayer
Nice work with the flames! Very generous of you to offer free media. Thanks!"

Glad you like 'em, Lucas!
I'll add more useful stuff later on. Working on a free song at the moment. And, free sounds too.

Quote: "Thanks TheSlayer!!"

You're welcome, bax.

The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2011 14:48
Free Trance/House song I made is available HERE!
Name of the song is 'Alien Encounter', and has a spacial twist. Note: the song is in .mp3 format, but you are free to convert it to other formats if needed.

Hope you'll like it. Enjoy!

Cheers

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2011 15:06 Edited at: 9th Dec 2011 09:43
Nice work The Slayer! Thanks for that

I think I have a few tunes I made but never ended up using somewhere on my hard drive to add to that page...

EDIT: Added three of my own to the list

Attachments

The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2011 19:16
Great, baxslash! Nice songs!

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2011 09:52
This is just a quick notice to say that from now on I won't be adding new games to the list in the first post or new members. We now have a great website that provides all the information we have in the first post (please tell me if I missed anything) so I figure there's no point having the same information in three different places (especially as I have to manually update two of them )

I'm not getting lazy, far from it. I have been adding more and more information to the website which is now becoming something really useful and something to be proud of.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions regarding this.

Thanks!

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2011 10:18
The ADG is now also on Facebook!

David Gervais
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2011 11:17
FYI I tried like 8 times to register at the ADG website and it always fails. Too bad so sad. Sorry to say that turned me off.

Not a big deal, you can find me here.

Cheers!

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2011 11:53 Edited at: 9th Dec 2011 11:56
Quote: "FYI I tried like 8 times to register at the ADG website and it always fails. Too bad so sad. Sorry to say that turned me off."

Let me sort an account out for you. We do get nearly one new member every day at the moment. What browser do you use?

EDIT: Done, sent to your email address. Hope that's working now!!

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2011 12:52
Quote: "This is just a quick notice to say that from now on I won't be adding new games to the list in the first post or new members."

That's fair enough baxslash. It's got to be a lot of work maintaining multiple posts. Best to let the website take care of it.

Quote: "The ADG is now also on Facebook!"

Ahhh, a place to reveal our secret identities.

Quote: "FYI I tried like 8 times to register at the ADG website and it always fails."

Just out of curiosity, what error message do you get if you get one or does it just keep loading?

David Gervais
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2011 14:51 Edited at: 9th Dec 2011 14:52
Thanks for getting me in.

No error message was given it just sent me back to the register page and I had to re-enter all the info, name, pw, avatar link, and type the warped words. (this was not the problem, the words I got were easy to figure out)

I use Firefox.

Now that I am in, there is no option to change my password. I could not find a user profile page to edit my avatar and or change my password.

I realize this new site is a work in progress, but the front end registering and subsequent ability to edit your info is very important in my humble opinion.

Anyways, it's a good start to your site.

Cheers!

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2011 15:22 Edited at: 9th Dec 2011 15:23
Sorry David, I guess because I'm used to it I found it pretty easy. When you log in there is a new menu on the left that has "My Account" which has these options in.

Hope that helps!

It would help if anyone else is having trouble logging in could let us know so we can find out what the problem is.

Thanks for letting us know David, I agree that this is very important. Perhaps if we had been aware there was an issue we could have helped you out sooner

Attachments

David Gervais
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2011 16:13 Edited at: 9th Dec 2011 16:15
Nope, I don't get that on mine. browser incompatibility perhaps?..

note on botton left it's is perpetually trying to transfer data from adg.devink.co.uk.. after 5-10 min I just go to the dev login link at the bottom of the page to log out.

Cheers!

Attachments

David Gervais
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2011 16:23 Edited at: 9th Dec 2011 16:42
This is where I go to log in and log out..

I hope this info helps.

Cheers!

Edit: I just went to the site in my Internet explorer and I do not get the account options, below the top menu on the left is advertising.

There be strange things happening on your site.

Edit v2.0 I managed to get the adds to show in firefox, forgot I use AddBlock Plus, I gave the main site full permissions and get the same as in IE now. but still no account options below the top left main menu items. just a long vertical banner add.

Cheers v2.0

Another thing, I do NOT have Active X turned on. I purposely disable Active X because it's the #1 biggest loophole for backdoor viruses through the net. If your site uses Active X, then I'll have to live without the account options.

every bit of info helps.

Attachments

The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2011 16:23
Welcome to the band...err...group, David!

Quote: "Nope, I don't get that on mine. browser incompatibility perhaps?.."

Hum, that could be it. Did you try any other browser?

Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2011 16:56
Quote: "Free Trance/House song I made is available"

Wow thanks! Great work Slayer and baxslash! Really good of you to keep providing this free media!

Quote: "This is just a quick notice to say that from now on I won't be adding new games to the list in the first post or new members."

Sounds like a good idea. Given that you're not going to be updating the first posts with new members and games though, wouldn't it be best to remove the ones that are already there and just direct people to the website. If you want, you could offer some stats or something. Just thinking that we don't necessarily want to pit the "new ADGer faction" against the "old ADGer faction" . But seriously, if new members don't realise the new policy, they might feel snubbed or something.

Quote: "I'm not getting lazy"

I don't think anyone is likely to accuse you of that baxslash!!

Quote: "The ADG is now also on Facebook!"

Nice! So how are we going to use this? As it's open, should we keep it as a news and information page like TGC does with their FB pages? Or is it for developer discussions too?

@David Gervais
Sorry you've been having all this trouble. I just went to check what you said and my account options are missing from the menu too! I know they used to be there but because I updated mine a while back, I hadn't really looked for the options since.. My guess would be that it's a permissions issue but I don't really know. And I always use Chrome so I doubt it's a browser issue if Trident, Gecko and WebKit fail. Unless it's specially tuned just for Presto . Also I don't have the same problem about the eternal transferring data. It all seems to load fine for me. Good luck sorting this out!

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2011 20:45
Quote: "Another thing, I do NOT have Active X turned on. I purposely disable Active X because it's the #1 biggest loophole for backdoor viruses through the net. If your site uses Active X, then I'll have to live without the account options."

I guess it could be using ActiveX but I don't think so. Might be some setting has changed. I'll try to emulate and fix it with my test account.

Quote: "Sounds like a good idea. Given that you're not going to be updating the first posts with new members and games though, wouldn't it be best to remove the ones that are already there and just direct people to the website."

Yes, good point I'll edit the first post to point to the site ASAP.

Quote: "My guess would be that it's a permissions issue but I don't really know."

I agree Lucas but I'll take a look...

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2011 21:18 Edited at: 9th Dec 2011 21:20
OK, not sure why the usual login stuff isn't there but I've added a link to the user's account in the main menu on the left now.

David, if you get a chance can you check it's visible?

I'll keep trying to fix the other menu but I'm struggling to find the cause

"My Account" should be visible like this:

Attachments

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2011 22:11
Quote: "I'll keep trying to fix the other menu but I'm struggling to find the cause"

I think I fixed it Baxslash, could you check just to make sure?

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2011 22:18
Quote: "I think I fixed it Baxslash, could you check just to make sure?"

Not working on my test account which has the same settings as David Gervais's account...

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2011 22:21
Ok, try now.

Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2011 22:31
It's back for me now. So what was the secret?

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2011 22:42
Yes fixed for my test account too! Well done Hodgey, what was it?

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2011 22:44
I just fiddled with a few settings in admin.

David Gervais
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2011 11:24 Edited at: 10th Dec 2011 11:25
Yay it seems to be fixed.

Thanks!

Attachments

David Gervais
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2011 11:36 Edited at: 10th Dec 2011 11:37
another bug? no avatar pic showing when I posted on the forums..

The avatar shows on the account page and the main menu as you can see in my previous post.

Call me the bug hunter lol

Cheers!

Attachments

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2011 11:59
It's kind of weird but you'll need to upload a second avatar for the forums. You can do this by clicking on your name and going to your forum profile page. Then look for an "Edit" button/link to the top right. Once you've done that click on the avatar image tab. You should be able to upload a new avatar from there, or pick one of the provided avatars.

David, I'd like to thank you for your patience with the site. It hasn't exactly been a smoothe ride for you.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2011 12:19
That's odd, I thought the forum profiles where sync'ed... Sorry David and thanks from me too!

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2011 12:29
Actually, now that you've said that, they might be automatically sync'ed. I think it depends on your avatar though. For instance my famous little golden 'H' wasn't accepted by the forum for some reason so I had to make a new one. It may have been too small. My guess is that if the original avatar isn't supported by the forum then you'll need to upload a new one. I'll search for a fix though.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 06:08:24
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 06:08:24