Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / V120 Public Beta 18 (RC)

Author
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2012 13:37 Edited at: 28th Dec 2012 13:37
@Scene Commander

The problem I'm experiencing is building standalone games using beta 6.

I load update for example terrorstrike. Within FPSC I am able to run a test game, but on going to File> Build Game> [Tab]Build Settings> Build Game Executable. On running it gets to "Build game engine started" and crashes with a "The application has encountered a problem."

I have made sure that the Mygames folder is empty. On watching the task manager under process I can see FPSC-game.exe load for a couple of second and then disappearing all together at about 130 MB.

Here is a link to my system spec:

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/khSNp5O0SmbX3wsrsmuFDrM

I have now installed a fresh copy of FPS Creator X9 and updated it to the Official update 1.20 Beta 6. The machine is a Windows XP and it to is experiencing the same problem. I have tested Beta 5 and 6 and both fail to build a standalone game for me on both machines. Beta 4 with the updated FPSC-game.exe from SC which works fine and I'm able to build a working standalone game.

So I'm not sure what the problem is, beta 4 is the only beta that is working for me.

I have uploaded the terrorstrike.FPM file, but this problem is affecting all official FPSC FPM files including my own game files.

DC

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
@Deathcow.

I can confirm that the Terrorstrike crashes the editor when trying to build a game.

Every other official map is building ok for me.

Could you try making a map from scratch and try building that as a game, to see if this is an issue affecting all maps for you, or just old ones.

Thanks,

SC
Deathcow
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2012 16:55
@Scene Commander

I had tested all the official maps WW2, Scifi and terrorstrike before I had completely reinstalled FPSC. I forgotten I made allot of changes to the scifi and WW2 files which is why I think they didn't work for me first time. Now testing them after reinstalling FPSC they are building as they should and only terrorstrike and my game files are not working.

I had updated all the shaders on the segments and used a number of custom scripts. Disabling shahers during the building of the game makes no difference so maybe it has something to do with the scripts?

DC
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2012 17:01 Edited at: 28th Dec 2012 17:47
I downloaded terrorstrike and renamed it to terrorstrike_deathcrow. I tried to build and I also got the crash. However. Scifi build with two levels and the old ww2 level built OK. Even with high quality. All of my other levels build.

Addendum #1:

I spent the last 2 hours tearing down the map a little at a time and trying to run a build on each new level. I use the same file and copy over the file with the new map but then rename it. I tore it down to nothing (not even a player start marker). It still crashed. I then placed a new room and start marker on the map. The room was the Chateau study room. It crashed for me again.

My personal thought is that it is a corrupted file to begin with.

THEORY - you know everything but nothing works. PRACTICE - when everything works but don't know why. For me, theory and practice are combined: nothing works and I don't know why.
Deathcow
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2012 17:57
@Scene Commander

Ok After some work on this problem I have managed to get it building.

If I load up FPSC and start to build a game without loading any files. Keeping the Game Project Filename as mygame.fpg and loading the terrorstrike.fpm under Level setting and build the game. It will start the build and I can play the game.

So I don't know what the problem, but maybe it is something to do with the FPG file.

DC
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
@Deathcow.

Well, I'm glad you've got it working. As it only seems to be terrorstrike that is affected, I'm guessing that something is corrupted. I'll most likely have to mention this to Lee and see if restoring some old files fix the issue.

Thanks for testing.

Let me know if you've any other problems.

SC
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2012 21:01
Regarding terrorstrike build.

It was not a corrupted fpm file it was a corrupted or bad fpg file. Creating a new fpg file will allow a build after all using the original fpm level map.

THEORY - you know everything but nothing works. PRACTICE - when everything works but don't know why. For me, theory and practice are combined: nothing works and I don't know why.
abdullh
Years of Service
User Offline
i have the same problem when i build game all fpg i tested same problem not build game
abdullh
Years of Service
User Offline
okay i copied old one fpsc-game.exe and i build my game after i finish build it.... i install beta 6 and i copy the new one fpsc-game.exe and paste it in my game folder .... now it's working
codekiller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2012 20:24
i was given an error when i installed it saying i need the fps folder i had one

Kill code drag in models
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2012 03:39
Fixed a few issues such as the terror strike crash (cannot close OGG sounds) and solved the gap in the HUD numerics (resolution change not accounted for). New BETA7 uploaded. Enjoy! Is this good enough for a final release? Let me know, thanks again guys!!

Hogging the awesome since 1999
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2012 05:31
Beta 7. Compiled .exe still wont run with me. Levels load and run fine in editor.
Burger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2012 05:49 Edited at: 31st Dec 2012 22:15
@Lee

However, that is on a one segment map with no light source. That's incredible regardless. That's a intel i5 laptop as well, I'd hate to see what a really decent computer could reach.

"I'm inspired by my own wise quotes, thank you." - Burger, 6/7/12
Killj0y17
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2012 07:40
flashlight added? Yippee!
Quote: "By popular demand, added "basic" flashlight, and actions FLASHLIGHT=X
(0-1),FLASHLIGHTRED=X (0-255), FLASHLIGHTGREEN=X (0-255), FLASHLIGHTBLUE=X
(0-255), FLASHLIGHTRANGE=X (0+)"

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2012 10:40 Edited at: 31st Dec 2012 10:49
Hi all,

Lee beat me to it!

Just to add to his comments. Could I ask that anyone who was having issues with previous builds please check to see if your problem has been fixed? I'd appreciate that if it has, you could post to confirm, so we know that everything is working.

Quote: "Beta 7. Compiled .exe still wont run with me. Levels load and run fine in editor. "

This is all very, very strange. You realy do have problems. If you'd like to resolve this, I'm more than happy to try to get to the bottom of this for you. The obvious issue is that as we've got very similar systems, and I can't replicate the problem is that it might take some indepth investigation

@Burger.

Most of the credit for the latest performance increases should really go to S4Real who caught an issue regarding the WASP mod performance improvement. (A silly mistake on my part )

Thanks all,

SC
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2012 10:57
Scene Commander,

I am just curious as to why levels should run in Editor compile test mode but not load when compiled as .exe? I thought that in theory at least that was at least partly the point of testing in Editor apart from obviously needing an Editor to actually create a level and construct it?

The compiled .exe in this instance does not seem to be a replica of that as created and run in Editor test unless something is missing or added in the compiled version presuming again that all content - entities, scripts, textures and so on should be the same?

I guess If I were to send you a compiled .exe that would not be of help? Its about 177mb?

For me to send you an uncompiled version would require tracking down of all content down to the last element and there are a lot of them distributed around the folders. Clearly if I missed one then it would be an unreliable test for you. Could be anything I guess.

I am not too worried about it as said before but its annoying more than anything not knowing why and no error messages as such in feedback from the .exe when failing to run?

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Uman,

Quote: "I guess If I were to send you a compiled .exe that would not be of help? Its about 177mb?"

That might be a good start, then I could see if the .exe is running for me. It would need to be an upload somewhere.

Obviously, the FPM would be useful, but I guess you use a lot of custom media.

I can understand why it's annoying, I take it that none of your .exe's are working as built games? Not just one map.

Feel free to email me.

SC
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2012 12:22 Edited at: 31st Dec 2012 12:34
Nice work getting out the new beta 7

best s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu packer its free. Vishnu game launcher is now released.
Help keep vishnu free by pledging now :- http://vishnu.chipin.com/vishnu
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@ uman :- Sounds like there maybe issues with file transfer so when FPSC looks for say a texture thats not been transfered to your built game it crashes.

Do you have the problem with a sample map built ?

best s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu packer its free. Vishnu game launcher is now released.
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Sounds like there maybe issues with file transfer so when FPSC looks for say a texture thats not been transfered to your built game it crashes."

I agree...
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2012 13:39
Hi SC,

Sent you an email and file

Thanks
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2012 14:17
Thanks s4real for the fixes.

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Uman, I'll look into this for you. Hopefully we can solve this little mystery.

SC
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2012 14:57 Edited at: 31st Dec 2012 15:25
@Scene Commander

Another forum member just discovered an issue that can be confirmed. The level map is attached. He posted it originally in the "Models and Media forum.

It is an issue with t341 (model pack 53) weapons. The player loses his extra ammo when he saves and then reloads a game.

The map has just ground, the t341 pistol and one pack of ammo.

Using the map build a stand-alone game. When playing a new game, pick up both the weapon and then the ammo. Shoot off about 5 rounds (don't let it go to zero), save the game and then reload it.

Before saving the game you might have something that looks like this 10/15. However, after loading the game you will see 10/00. This is a game stopper for the individual who originally posted this.

The name of the forum member is maxi360 and the title of the thread is "Modelpack 53 issue."

Addendum:

I used the 1911 pistol from model pack 9 and it works.

Attachments

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2012 15:24 Edited at: 31st Dec 2012 15:25
@Flatlander..

Hmm.. I've not checked, but it sounds like an issue with either pooled ammo or shared ammo, which I believe EAI's weapons often take advantage of. If so, it should be a fairly easy fix (famous last words).

@Uman..

I've checked out your files and I can load the game data, but then it exits to the title screen without running the game. Is that what's happening to you? Or are you getting a crash?

This is sometimes an issue I've encountered in the past, if the game is loaded without an installer, but it should work on the development machine.

SC
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2012 16:01
Hi Scene Commander,

No Crash - as you are seeing it - is what happens here so same with you and I both.

See attached.

Attachments

MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2012 16:54
I have got the wobble back, it was gone with the alphas, but beta 7 brought it back.

mk83 Productions
abdullh
Years of Service
User Offline
When i build my game in half progress it's show me this problem
error:
Failed To Copy Transparent Texture

Attachments

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I have got the wobble back, it was gone with the alphas, but beta 7 brought it back"

My fault I think, I reverted to old code, assuming the work S4 and I did on the performance would act as a better fix, over my fix.. It appears it was my original fix that solved the issue..

@abddullh

I'll need an FPM please.

SC
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2012 20:07 Edited at: 31st Dec 2012 20:15
@MK83 :- Other fixes could be the reason for this hopefully me and scene will get together again and go threw some of the problems in the new year.

@F l a t l a n d e r :- Thanks and well done on the source as well.

@abdullh :- did u have this problem with beta 6

Best s4real

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Sent you an email and file"

@Uman, Mind sending that file my way too? I wouldn't mind taking a look.

Sean

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
With the beta 7, I have the bobble head effect back. I have no issues with built game either. Reverted back to your alpha and the effect is gone.

I do have a problem with the video texture. It seems that when a build game is made it does not include the videobank folder. You have to copy and paste it after the built game for it to work.

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2013 02:53
Hockeykid,

SC Cant run the compiled .exe either as is my situation.

I will send you an email with download link.

Thanks
abdullh
Years of Service
User Offline

no i didn't have it before ...
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2013 06:15 Edited at: 1st Jan 2013 06:15
Quote: "With the beta 7, I have the bobble head effect back."

SC has reverted the code back to what it was in the alpha. Not sure why it was changed on the release of b7. Here's his log message. It's in r738.

"Restored player wobble fix - shouldn't have removed it in the first place."

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Hockeykid,

SC Cant run the compiled .exe either as is my situation.

I will send you an email with download link.

Thanks"

I've found the issue, inside of your "zoneactivate1.fpi" you have the following line:

The "reset" command resets the engine executable, and was really just intended to be used when scripting setup.ini changes.

I am curious though, what did you think the "reset" did?

Sean

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2013 11:34 Edited at: 1st Jan 2013 13:00
@Uman.

I hadn't had a chance to look through your scripts as last night was New Years eve, but if Hockeykids fix has solved your problem, all well and good. (It works for me.).

You had suggested that you had issues with many levels, have you been using this script in those or are you still experiencing build problem?

*Edit*

Fixed ammo pooling issue in built game.

SC
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2013 13:25
Hockeykid, Scene Commander,

I have recompiled some of the offending levels containing the script and removed the said script from them.

The compiled level .exe for the levels seem to be working fine now. Problem solved as far as I can see.

I do apologise for taking up your time with this. The script had not been causing an issue previously in past versions though I am not sure when it actually became a problem and causing the issue.

Hockeykid,

Shows you how long ago this script was created - I believe I used it with the old loading and unloading of entities scripts I was using way back. The reason the reset command was in there was that I had intended the Loading and unloading of entities to work in a backwards - reverse fashion so if a room loaded a lot of entities one side of a door before the player got in the room then when the player left via a door opposite side of room the entities would be removed. If however the player went back into the room a second zone (i.e. one outside each side of room at door entrance) then the entities would be recreated again and so on - so they spawn only once - are removed and spawn again next time a trigger zone is entered either side of the room at each of the two doorways. e.g. a kind of non linear movement forward and backwards in level allowance. Otherwise if entities are spawned just once and removed when the player moves on in the level and goes backwards into the room again the entities would no longer exist.

It did work when originally created and I could not get the default trigger zones to actually do what was needed. I had presumed at the time that the command "Reset" was for and would reset the entities (spawn number back to one) so that when the player went back into the room after they were destroyed then they would again have a spawn number of 1 which would recreate them. It did work and I had no idea that the Reset command was to "Reset the Level itself" if thats the case.

No idea if that makes any sense?

Anyway issue is tracked down thanks to you both.

It may be the case that if anyone else is still using the old load and unload entities script then they may be having an issue also so hopefully they will read this. Perhaps the script download should be removed from the forums unless one of you expert fps coders can replace the code in it to replace the reset command with something else that would work as intended.

I am not sure that the loading and unloading of entities is of great value any longer anyway though such could be used in certain scenarios to good effect I guess.

Thank you for you kind help and assistance.

Have a Happy New Year everyone.

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2013 13:28 Edited at: 1st Jan 2013 13:34
@Uman.

Always happy to help.

Glad it'a fixed and a good spot from Hockeykid.

As far as I'm aware, we are pretty much bug free, but if anyone knows of any issues now is the time to speak up. I think we'd all like to see a nice stable release for the new year.

And talking of which.. Happy new year all.

SC
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2013 14:22
I'm afraid the map editor still crashes (even with v120 - I'm the last release - r739) at times because of a bad array. This is also happening with the install of beta 7 in case it had to do with the map editor exe file or fps_creator.exe.

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I'm afraid the map editor still crashes (even with v120 - I'm the last release - r739) at times because of a bad array"

Oh well, not quite bug free..

SC
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2013 14:55 Edited at: 1st Jan 2013 14:57
SC, it happened when I was testing the MP53 weapons. I might have made a wrong statement in saying "even with v120." That may not be the case. I had loaded the MP53 weapons map and built the level for the test. This was made using the current beta 7. Then I wanted to load a map of mine of my game. This map was made prior to v120. It crashed on the load after saying "yes" to the save of the new map.

I then loaded up the map that I sent you to test and of course it crashed. However, I just realized this was simply a small remnant of the terrorstrike level. So I rebuilt one large room and added the two weapons. It all worked fine. No crash.

So, I'm now sure that you are right --you and Lee would be more right than myself -- and that this will no longer cause a crash if the maps are built in v120. (Another example that Reloaded should probably not be backwards compatible with the older maps.) Impossible to duplicate with anything made with v120. But able to duplicate when mixing up the older maps.

So, I will go out on a limb and say that this is pretty much bug free and stable.

As I mentioned before to you in an email, I believe this is going to be the best version of FPSC ever.

And it's mainly due to your hard work and dedication to a project you were never paid for.

Ertlov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2013 16:55
bobble head issue inside

Come to where the madness is:http://www.indiedb.com/games/into-the-dark
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2013 17:02
You say bobble, I say wobble. It is fixed for next beta. Check out the 9th post above. Somewhere around there. I posted about it.

Ertlov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2013 17:19
Ah, allright. I just wanted to mention that its still there in B7, also I was able to fall through the floor which wasnt possible in the Alpha Fix version.

Come to where the madness is:http://www.indiedb.com/games/into-the-dark
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "also I was able to fall through the floor which wasnt possible in the Alpha Fix version."

Apart from the accidental unfixing of the player wobble, there are no major changes from beta 7 and the alpha fix that would affect this. If possible I'm going to need a FPM that demonstrates this.

Are you using custom media in the level?

SC
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
What about the videobank being added to the build game files instaed of copy and paste later?

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2013 19:42 Edited at: 1st Jan 2013 19:44
Quote: "What about the videobank being added to the build game files instaed of copy and paste later?"

I wasn't aware of that.. But I've just checked and it's not moving over, so I'll start the list with that one.

Anything else anyone?
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks! Alpha textures would be the next thing I have on my list. I mentioned this before, but I haven't hear anything since you replied.

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2013 09:13 Edited at: 2nd Jan 2013 10:10
Quote: "Thanks! Alpha textures would be the next thing I have on my list."

I remember you mentioning this, but I'm having problems replicating it. I've seen your images showing the effect. Do you have an FPM using default media demonstrating the problem please.

*Edit*

Fixed player 'bobble head' effect - again!
Fixed pooled/shared ammo save game issue.
Fixed videobank & videos not transfering to built game.

Apart from Starmind's alpha problem (of which I'm at least aware as reported), are there any other issues you'd like looked at?

SC

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 18:26:05
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 18:26:05