Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Win an UltraBook!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2012 12:18
Quote: "My game Zombie Hangover 82 has passed validation!"

Mine too! Just checked and its gone from 'Validation in progress' to 'Published' good stuff!

Quote: " don't think I'll be one getting the $1000"

Me neither
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2012 12:27
Congrats @apocolyp4 and @Funnell7!

There is still a chance those prizes haven't gone yet you never know.

Mine is still in validation

this.mess = abs(sin(times#))
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2012 14:29
I got a message that my app was rejected today. And if that's not enough, the bug they reported hasn't even occured on my ultrabook either
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2012 14:55
Bomb Breaker has passed validation too, my first published game Although it is not on the store yet

I selected win7 64bit and win8 64bit, ultrabook only .

I see Lee's game is now on the store too, will try that one later.

Sorry to hear that Zoq2, would be happy to try your game out if you wish? Don't give up

The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2012 15:16
I won't give up... But the weird thing is that when I tried to find the bug, I got another error which I havn't had before.

If you are up for some testing, I will upload the installer here for you to try once im done with the bugfixing.
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2012 15:30
@The Zoq2, I too would be more than happy to help you out where I can...
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2012 15:57
Sounds great. The problem they reported was when loading and saving games, so if you could try doing that, I will be greatfull!

Here is the installer

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2012 16:43
From playing briefly, when I save and then load a game it seems my thirst and health etc all return to full, even if I was dying when I saved the game. I also get the starting message again.

Is this the bug?

The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2012 16:49
No, the bug was that the game crashed when loading...

But what you found is also a bug, one which I have removed now Thanks. Im uploading a new version now, if nobody can find any other bugs within an hour or so, I will upload it to intel

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2012 23:24
Hi The Zoq2,

I managed to replicate the crash.

I think it is actually hanging up on 'loading inventory', but not always. I get a 'not responding' message from windows.

I also noticed that new game does not always give you a new game. It sometimes starts me with lots of items, I guess from my last game or a saved game?

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2012 00:23
I managed to replicate the issue too. I think it may have something to do with the way you load a new game. I clicked on 'New Game' and then once in game, I clicked 'Main Menu', I then repeated this several times and then eventually I got the crash. I now get the crash consistently on the 'Loading Inventory' message. I also got a 'Subscript out of bounds at 110 in Pathfinder.agc' message after loading a couple new games. Are you deleting or reusing sprites when creating a new game? I get the feeling you may be building upon existing sprites rather than deleting/reusing previous ones? Just a thought...
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2012 07:34
Thats realy weird... I'll have to try and fix it once I get home..
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2012 10:27
I've been talking to a contact at Intel, they are running an Ultrabook feature and looking for games/apps that are published on AppUp to include. If you want a chance to be part of it, can I suggest the following:

1. Get your game on the AppGameKit Showcase
2. Get your game up on baxspace.com (if you need a hand, speak to Baxslash, Hodgey, Laurie, The Slayer or any of the other ADG members).
3. If you have a website, get a page up.

4. Let me know the details and I'll pass them on so Intel can consider your game/app.

Points 1,2 and 3 aren't essential, but you should show that you are seriously marketing your game.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2012 17:38
Game rejected. Strangely AppGameKit is detecting touch-enabled on non-touch computers... This is now fixed by defaulting to mouse-mode so long as a mouse is present, and allowing both touch and clicks to effect menu items. Resubmitting soon. Hopefully I can meet the Dec 1 deadline for approval.

Also, during testing today with the mouse on the Ultrabook, has anyone else noticed that the touchpad is essentially non-responsive when holding a key on the keyboard? You can't move the mouse while a key is being pressed, which is very strange and I hope it doesn't effect approval of my game.

~Plystire

A rose is only a rose until it is held and cherished -- then it becomes a treasure.
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2012 17:42
That's realy weird... But it shouldn't affect your app since it's an ultrabook issue
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2012 17:45
Quote: "Also, during testing today with the mouse on the Ultrabook, has anyone else noticed that the touchpad is essentially non-responsive when holding a key on the keyboard? You can't move the mouse while a key is being pressed, which is very strange and I hope it doesn't effect approval of my game. "

Hadn't noticed it, but just tried it and you are right! Pretty much non-responsive whilst a key is pressed... It shouldn't effect the approval of your game, or at least it didn't for me.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2012 17:50
Good to know it's not just me. Perhaps it's an issue with the prototype ultrabooks and is resolved on their testing platforms.

~Plystire

A rose is only a rose until it is held and cherished -- then it becomes a treasure.
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2012 18:26 Edited at: 28th Nov 2012 18:27
I have no idea what's up with my entry. I submitted it at 11:10 PM my time (CST) on the day of the deadline. Three days later they were testing it (using the high score system etc.) and the PDF test results came back successful. I never saw anything since that point and it is still says "Validation in Progress". Unfortunately time was not on my side for this competition and I wasn't able to add the Ultrabook features I had hoped to, aside from touch and some subtle accelerometer etc.

I personally think AppUp is going to have an awfully difficult time catching on with the masses--developers and users alike. Especially if everyone must go through these same excessive verification and approval processes I and others did during this competition. Intel wanted "6 million" users on the AppUp store this year, I doubt they got anywhere even close. And now the Windows store looms.
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2012 19:37
I completley agree
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Every Windows8 users will be on the windows store.

Will the Appup store be loaded by default on all new ultrabooks?
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2012 23:03
Quote: "I've been talking to a contact at Intel, they are running an Ultrabook feature and looking for games/apps that are published on AppUp to include. If you want a chance to be part of it, can I suggest the following:

1. Get your game on the AppGameKit Showcase
2. Get your game up on baxspace.com (if you need a hand, speak to Baxslash, Hodgey, Laurie, The Slayer or any of the other ADG members).
3. If you have a website, get a page up.

4. Let me know the details and I'll pass them on so Intel can consider your game/app.

Points 1,2 and 3 aren't essential, but you should show that you are seriously marketing your game."

Will do everything you suggest, thanks BatVink.

Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2012 08:55
Quote: "I personally think AppUp is going to have an awfully difficult time catching on with the masses--developers and users alike."

Windows Store is the big challenge here. If it weren't for that, I'd say it had a very good chance. After all, Windows is still a huge platform.

Quote: "Will the Appup store be loaded by default on all new ultrabooks?"

There were definitely plans for it to be. It wasn't on mine but then that was a prototype and they don't really have a Windows 8 version of it yet. The windows 8 version just acts like a link to the standard desktop version.

Anyhow just to let you guys know that my app has just been approved . So hopefully I get to keep my ultrabook!

Auger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2012 09:08 Edited at: 29th Nov 2012 09:09
Grats Lucas. My app has also now passed validation. I was kind of worried because I had submitted it for win7 and win8 32 bit versions also along with the 64 bit versions.

I'm working on a updated version now since I discovered/fixed a bug. Plus I updated some graphics.

Anyways "The Awesome Word Game Free" edition should be up in a day or so. Grats to everyone that entered the contest and good luck! Hopefully one of us will win one of the grand prizes

Auger
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2012 10:26
Mine was rejected on metadata because I put "Ultrabook" and not "Ultrabook™"...

Don't need to put the binary in for validation but I still have to see if they check it in time

Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2012 15:08
Quote: "Grats Lucas. My app has also now passed validation. I was kind of worried because I had submitted it for win7 and win8 32 bit versions also along with the 64 bit versions."

Were you using tier 1 v1083beta?

Also, what OS did you compile it on, I found if I compiled on my vista machine it worked on my vista but then could not recognise sensors on my ultrabook. I opted to compile on my ultrabook at the expense of not working on my vista machine.

Would be good to get to the bottom of this one.

Auger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2012 16:30
I compiled it on my Vista machine 108.3 . The only thing I use in game is touch.

Auger
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2012 17:01
Touch is probably fine then, I noticed the light and orientation sensors are not detected on my ultrabook if I compile on vista. There is a dll missing on vista if I compile on windows 8, I am not worried about that for now since appup does not support vista.

xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
I think I finally reached the lowest of low points in this competition. Last night Intel rejected my app after a week in review (they had actually tested it back on the 24th).

The app itself passed and was validated successfully with no issues, but they rejected it because I did not include the trademark symbol after the word Ultrabook in my app's description on their site! So, I just had to resubmit everything and their form kept breaking while erasing various screenshots and other fields that I had entered and saved previously. And now they have a day to re-approve it before the Dec. 1 deadline.
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2012 22:43
xCept, me too! I resubmitted but without changing the installer and it went through in less than 24 hours. Don't panic!

xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the optimism Bax, although I ended up rebuilding the executable so I'm still really worried. I didn't think it would let me continue without switching it as it said the version had already been rejected so I had to change the version. I also included the trademark in my Options just to be safe. But I put an awful lot of work into this just to forfeit over a description typo. Fingers crossed
JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2012 23:11
What a collection of ***********s
Trivial, nonsensical load of old rubbish.

-- Jim DO IT FASTER, EASIER AND BETTER WITH AppGameKit FOR PASCAL
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2012 23:19
Rejecting an app due to a typo that they could have corrected is poor in my opinion. If somevody repeatedly offends then yes it should be rejected, but not for a one-off error.

Lets hope they sneak into the competition in time!

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Jim Hawkins, Apple are really angels compared to these Intel Devils!!

I thought their main scope was to attract developers, buy feeing them free hardware etc

The submission process should be easy and simple. It's way too complicated as it is now
JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2012 00:11
The tm thing is meaningless outside of the USA. They probably don't realise this. A simple template would have solved it. It's no wonder Intel are running scared!

And if Apple are angels, I'm really scared when the bad guys arrive!

-- Jim DO IT FASTER, EASIER AND BETTER WITH AppGameKit FOR PASCAL
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
I just checked my email for the first time since yesterday to see that Intel did email me a couple of times with some instructions stating that I could submit the meta data update without another binary build and advised me not to submit a new executable... Too late for that
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2012 23:58
It seems my app passed binary validation, but got rejected for a not-that-clear reason. Im guessing it's because I used the intel appup store in the description. Hopefully they will accept it on time.

Luckily my second app has already passed all validation and is avalible in the store.
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
A day after that fiasco I wrote about yesterday, Intel did approve my app successfully. I only made it available for Windows 8 on Ultrabook as others suggested to ensure no other hang-ups, will probably do an update once the dust settles to enable support for other operating systems and devices which it actually works fine on.

Zoq2, sounds like the same issue I had. I was advised to resubmit it WITHOUT uploading a new binary and just make the changes to the description to expedite the new review. Someone from Intel may have emailed you about the matter as they did when it happened to me.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2012 05:46
Rejected for the second time...

Quote: "Issue: Application crashes and shows a force close error message when application is minimized. Steps to reproduce: 1.
Launch the application. 2. Press "Start + D" or "Alt + Ctrl" key from keyboard. 3. Observe that the application crashes and
shows a force close error message."

Am I suppose to be able to fix this?

~Plystire

Auger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2012 06:18
What version you using to compile the binary Plystire ?

Auger
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2012 06:34
V108 Beta 4, I believe.

I had tested minimizing the game before without crashing, but I had used Alt+Tab ... never used Start + D before... and have no clue what Alt+Ctrl is suppose to do.

~Plystire

Auger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2012 06:46
I just tested out my Ultrabook app compiled with V108.4 and it will alt+tab and Start+D without crashing. I do remember having that problem with V108.2 though. Yours might be related to the sprite animation causing apocolyp4's app to crash.

Auger
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
I had the same crash issue for two different reasons:

- Setting sprite depth of any sprite to 1000+

- Cloning a sprite that contained animation data

Assuming you have an Ultrabook to test on, you can also narrow it down by calling 'end' at various points before executing different blocks of code to see at what point the error begins to occur.
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2012 10:39
Yeay both my apps have been approved now. I had a similar problem the first time, inetel claimed that the app said "the file does not exist" when loading a game.However, im guessing they atempted to load a slot they hadnt saved to before
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
I had another problem trying to install my app from the AppUp store where it gave some sort of a access error. I think it was due to a conflict as I had previously installed the MSI directly on the machine, after uninstalling it the AppUp installer seemed to work ok.
Max P
Years of Service
User Offline
Does anyone know how long it takes before your app appears in the store? It says 'published' on my dashboard and I got an e-mail saying it has passed validation and is published, but it isn't visible in the store yet.

xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Max, did you only have it approved for Ultrabook / Windows 8? The app will only show up in AppUp if the device supports it, so check the store on your Ultrabook to see if it's there. It should also be accessible by going directly to: http://www.appup.com/app-details/YOURAPPNAME (if the app has spaces, replace with dashes)
Max P
Years of Service
User Offline
@xCept
Thanks, I found it now. I was searching on the website (www.appup.com) but it doesn't show Windows 8 apps, even when you are on an ultrabook. You have to actually download the appup client to view the app... If you are interested here is my game: http://www.appup.com/app-details/Drawing-Defense

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2012 23:27 Edited at: 1st Dec 2012 23:34
Quote: "I had the same crash issue for two different reasons:

- Setting sprite depth of any sprite to 1000+"

This could very well be it. Thank you for that mention. I'll test out changing up my depth system right away to account for that.

[EDIT]

That was it! I was using layers up to 10,000... changing to 1000 has stopped the crashing. Thank you so much!

~Plystire

xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
No problem, it only took me about six hours to drill it down to that issue with my app... doh!
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2012 21:20
Here's a link to Flick Pong on the AppUp site: http://www.appup.com/app-details/flick-pong

I doubt I got it in on time for the $1000 prize but who knows right

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-13 08:12:05
Your offset time is: 2024-05-13 08:12:05