Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

NVIDIA Competition 2008 / Mike Inel's Entry

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2007 23:58
@Shadow Coderer: Gee, thanks. Didn't this link worked on you? [href]http://www.altiz-studio.com/Uploads/IOTT Beta Jan2006.zip[/href]

@The Full Metal Coder Roxas: Well, since the competition's over, maybe I can tell everyone about this...
Whenever you see a .itp file, rename it to .png and .itx to .x... I already mentioned most VFX tips recently on Sixty Squares' questions... I wish that helps...

Programmers does a big participation in a game, yet they have the least credit.
Portfolio: http://mike-inel.cgsociety.org/gallery/
Shadow Coderer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2007 17:47 Edited at: 10th Mar 2007 18:52
Thank you! The link works!

"If I die, tell my wife 'hello'"
Shadow Coderer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2007 18:51
AAHHHHHHH!!!!! Fate be a cruel mistress!!
"Play.exe is not responding"
And this happens before I even get to play, soon after I click new game

Mike Inel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2007 22:11
Oh my... I didn't made changes to that part in the latest version...
When will TGC post our games?!?! I'm dying to play all of our games!!!
PS: Don't worry, i'll tell your wife "hello" when you die...

dononeton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2007 23:54
Dang Mike that games look great! If I press the - key on the num keyboard I guess it turns all the shaders on but runs a little slow then if I press the 9 key on the keyboard the game speeds up. What do those keys do?

AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 3800+,MMX 3DNOW (2CPUs)
1024 MB RAM
GeForce 7300 GT 512 MB
Mike Inel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2007 01:27
If I remember right, - is turn on all shaders, 0 is turn off all shaders, 9 is the refraction on/off... Not sure though... Refraction is really slow when turned on...

Shadow Coderer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2007 12:20
Is there any way I can get passed this crash?? I really want to play the game

Mike Inel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2007 14:18
Well, the latest version has the option of skipping the cut-scenes... Crashes are usually from them... We could wait for TG--- ................. They're taking waaay to long... Maybe I could delete the beta version and replace it with the latest version... I'll see if i'll have time to upload...

Shadow Coderer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2007 23:28
Yes! That sounds like it might make a difference! Whatever it takes!!

Mike Inel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2007 11:48 Edited at: 23rd Jul 2009 00:34
Our studio requested to delete the Beta file in our ftp, so it's gone now...
I don't know if anyone is still interested... But here's a rapidshare link that may expire in weeks or days...
[href]expired[/href]

I tried playing it again, and I found ALOT of bugs! I'm quite embarrased to think that judges are seeing these bugs... Darn! I would love to fix these, but I see no reason to work on it again since the competition is over... Besides, I have a new project now... (It's entitled "Virgo"!)

The bugs I saw so far:
-When the LR mouseclicks are exchanged in the options, the 2nd mouseclick may not work...
-Red lights coming out when the flash effects are showing...
-Some magic effects have some ZSorting problems...
-I s@ck! Big time! Errrr..... I'm so ashamed! >_<' (Puts paper bag in head)

Nemesis_0_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2007 17:50
Hey dude. This plays awesome, and its visually stunning... i personally find the controls a bit sluggish though... like the running feels rather slow to me, the attacks are good and fast, but running and jumping just feels kinda like im in space or something... just a thought.

~*~ Life Is Temporary, Gaming Is Eternal ~*~
QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2007 19:17
This game looks amazing. The intro is very cinematic, and I was very impressed right off the bat. It played pretty slow for me though. It seemed like the character was running underwater. I think that you should have most of the effects turned off by default, especially since there's no way to get back to the options menu once you've started a game. I also couldn't for the life of me figure out how to rotate the camera, making the jumping level impossible. The tutorials are pretty hard to read as well because the font was small for me at 1024x768.

Are you using the built in shadow commands for the shadows? They look great.

Mike Inel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2007 23:15 Edited at: 18th Mar 2007 23:17
One of the things that I forgot to post in the tutorials... Either hold shift, or while in the pause menu, right click drag...
The shadows are made with plains intersecting from the specified limbs of the model to the ground...

Heheheh..... I told DaZ a secret about this game, But I won't tell it here, cuz it's 18+!

Junkrock
Years of Service
User Offline
Lol and its a real winner. Lol my gf was not too pleased

DaZ

[href]www.myspace.com/dazdicks[/href]
Mike Inel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2007 05:49
LOL!!! You showed that to a girl?! Man, that's quite embarassing... But lol!

Nemesis_0_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2007 22:22
I wanna know the seceret now!!!

~*~ Life Is Temporary, Gaming Is Eternal ~*~
TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2007 23:26
Lol! Yeah well...andrewneale2004@yahoo.com...oops! I appear to have dropped my e-mail address! How could that have happened! Now someone might e-mail me a secret for IotT! How convenient! Lol!

Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2007 23:31
All of you pervs know that if you hold shift, control, and the letters to 'naked', it switches her to a hot naked sexy girl

Oops? I gave away the secret. MUAUAUAHAHAHAHA!

-Mansoor
Mike Inel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2007 23:48
Just go to my blog and search in the comments... I told him the secret there... It's just a little key to show it! But there are only 2 positions... And it's only available in the latest version.... And frankly, it's not as good as every perv will expect...

If anyone's interested, here's the reason why I called it "Illusion of the Tower"
.......... Cuz i've been addicted to almost all games made by Illusion Co. (A 3d hentai company... Google it now!) And the game was about the tower, so I combined it! Simple! Hekhek... It's pretty hard to remove the perversion of a man especially when no one's stopping him! LOL!

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2007 23:57
3D Hentai.....I honestly have never heard of that (except the Dead or Alive Extrem Beach Volleyball naked mod).

Junkrock
Years of Service
User Offline
Lol I encourage it! heh those that find the secret and have also found mikes blog you will know that the project he is working on at the mo will contain ALOT more of that! I will also be doing the score for it, which should be fun! Keep updated on it at mikes blog here http://altiz-studio.com/Mike/

DaZ

Mike Inel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2007 06:47 Edited at: 21st Mar 2007 11:19
@Inspire: Well, Illusion is one... www.illusion.co.jp. Remove the .co and you'll go to their 18+ website... It's japanese though...

@Junkrock: Thanks!

Dark Asmodeous
Years of Service
User Offline
you know, they actualy look really awsome!

I may just play these, I normaly stay away from renai games with an H element.

I disagree.
Roxas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2007 23:48
Hey Mike the latest release works for me PERFECT! No crash ons no slowdowns etc! Could you release source or something Maybe? This is so great! And btw.. i found some odd directory in Events dir called OMG I changed the game textures whit them.. Oh and when i pressed F12 on the final level.. well err..

Mike Inel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2007 02:23
@Dark Asmodeous: In animes, h-elements are pretty common... And I noticed that latest japanese games are having bishounens (pretty boys), so I badly want to counter that with bishoujos... (pretty girls)

@The Full Metal Coder Roxas: AH!!! You said the secret!!! The judges might find this out!!! ........... Oh well, I wish they're finish judging... How'd you find it out? In the blog or by waiting in the final level???

I forgot to attached the source codes I promised, so here they are:
http://www.altiz-studio.com/Uploads/Source.zip

Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2007 03:37
Mike Inel haha thats awesome. And I love your signature; that is the most awesomely gruesome thing ever!

-Mansoor
Dark Asmodeous
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh certainly in anime, it just so happens though that the best renai games tend to not have an H element.

Do you watch much anime? I would love it if there were a renai adaptation of Kare Kano available!

I disagree.
Mike Inel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2007 09:59
Xenocythe: TY!
Dark Asmodeous: Ironicly, no, I don't watch much... I only color for a living... I'm more into games, but I like the style of anime or something similar more than others... And, er, what is renai btw???

Dark Asmodeous
Years of Service
User Offline
Renai is a style of game often refered to as "Visual Novel", including, but not limited to, dating sims. Focusing heavily on plot, player-character interaction, choice, and art they are quite popular in the east, but have failed to pick up in the states.

I love the games, but it is quite difficult to find a good fan translation for most, but if you can find one I urge you to play them! There are plenty to cater to the H game crowd, and they are also quite fun in their own right!

I disagree.
Roxas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2007 12:38
Mike i found it out.. Looking the directories in game and in final level you say "Press Esc to exit or F1 to edit levels.. " Then i tried all F-Keys

Mike Inel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2007 12:02
@Dark Asmodeous: Ah... You might be interested on Renpy engine... (Yahoo/Google it, I forgot the link) I don't play much of those games though, cuz i'm more into action...
@The Full Metal Coder Roxas: Lol! I guess I should have put it in a different key... Haha!

Shadow Coderer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2007 19:00
CRAP! Your new download is always corrupted when I've downloaded it! Why I am I unable to play this game?!

Mike Inel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2007 08:06
@Shadow Coderer: ????? Have you tried redownloading it??? I usually get corrupted files when I download at home (with 4 kbps)

@Pervs out there: This is my sig in some other forums... Don't worry, this one's censored! It's a WIP of my current project...
http://www.altiz-studio.com/Uploads/Signature-2smlc.gif

@Moderators: If you think I am posting too much adult stuffs, please let me know, so I could edit my posts...

Junkrock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2007 23:24 Edited at: 26th Mar 2007 00:28
Oh for those of you who cant download IOTT I made a short trailer for you to watch....might have slipped in some new music im working on for Mikes next project

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDanIiTC0ME

DaZ

Mike Inel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2007 02:43
@Junkrock: I like the presentation ALOT! But I should have made an option of removing the GUI for better presentation... heheh... The music is very nice! I'll use that for my next project? I'm getting excited!

Hmm... I've been thinking... Maybe I should make a new thread about my current project, Virgo... I'm just not sure though if people are open to "adult" games... But i'll post an (18+ only) anyway...

And it turns out that the moderators on the other forums doesn't like animating signatures, so i'm not able to use it...

Shadow Coderer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2007 17:43 Edited at: 30th Mar 2007 21:37
Finally! The link worked. And I spent a few hours, which I could have been writing my essay in, working my way through to level 19, at which point level 20 failed to load. Brilliant game though, some of the levels were pure genius. And the effects! COnsidering that the nVidia compo offers high reward for flashiness - I would still argue that you could get one of the prizes easily. I have some technical questions now. You clearly had to sacrifice the usual culling command for the playable character, because her hair and cloak is only one side of polies. Was there a noticable fps decrease without culling her, because I may take the same route for my project. Id be very greatful for any advice you have on the matter! In addition, how did you get the hair to match the strands at the tips? Was it alpha mapping? Looking, thorugh your media, I didnt see anything that could have been an alpha map. I did notice that your textures are .png so was there some transperency majiggy that you did? Thanks again! Good luck with your new project, I'm sure noone would complain if you posted a WIP!

You'll be older too. And if you say the word, I could stay with you.
Mike Inel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2007 12:38
The culling was my mistake... I never knew 2 sides slows the game... The hair is by transparency... I used PNG cuz it supports alpha channel... And I used "set object transparency id,4" for unnoticable zclashes...
Thanks for liking it! Although it's pretty unfortunate that the level 20 doesn't load on you...

Tomorrow is the showing of the results... (HEARTBEAT GETTING LOUDER!!!)
Damn! I don't like this feeling!

Junkrock
Years of Service
User Offline
Lol I hope you win man cause then I can say I was on an award winning team Even tho I wouldnt get any prizes grrrr
I rekon TGC should give me a prize if they like my music!

DaZ

Mike Inel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2007 14:37 Edited at: 1st Apr 2007 14:41
Oh darn.. I'm just second... At least I won! Weeeee!!!

Hey DaZ! Your name's on the newsletter! Cool!

Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2007 16:42
Congratz on second! This and final exedus were the games I was expecting to win, so I'm glad they did.

david w
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2007 18:21
Congratulations mike.
Shadow Coderer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2007 19:05
And according to the newsletter, you won the same prize as final exodus did, which is nice. Congratulations, but we all knew you would win a prize!

Junkrock
Years of Service
User Offline
Lol technically Mike you are in first place also! if you read the rules going in the comp there would be 2 1st place winners one from US and one Rest Of World.....so you won the 1st place prize so that must mean you were also first!

Congrats.... Hey oh yeah i am mentioned Hope you enjoy your new system, heh and if you wanna give me a huge cash payment for music thats cool too lol jk

DaZ

Mike Inel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2007 00:28 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2007 00:31
@Bizar Guy: Thanks! Yeah, I also think Final exodus's gonna be first.
@david w: Thanks!
@Shadow Coderer: I'm really, REALLY happy that I got the same item as the 1st placer!!!
@Junkrock: Yeah, maybe they put 1st-4th to reduce confusing people... And lol! I got no money! lol!

Junkrock
Years of Service
User Offline
heh its cool man I was just joking... besides I know we can make some cash on Virgo...wel you will lol and ill try to get some

For those of you who loved Mike's entry, keep updated on his next game Virgo! so bookmark this page to keep updated! http://altiz-studio.com/Mike/

DaZ

Agent Dink
Years of Service
User Offline
Junkrock what do you charge per song? I may be in need of some music someday and I know your stuff is pretty good.

@Mike, congrats on winning the compo! I figured you would.

I have no signature...
Junkrock
Years of Service
User Offline
Depends on the project, email with more details or chat to me on MSN, normally I do a flat rate upto 3 minutes then additional per minute after that but im flexible. msn contact dazexus@hotmail.com

DaZ

Shadow Coderer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2007 16:55
Psst, Mike! Ive got another noob question!
You have used a 1024x1024 texture map for Alletine, is this a good size to use when considering maximum detail for minimal loss in performance?

Mike Inel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2007 00:43
So far, yes... I'm just afraid of using a texture size larger than 1024... If you want to detail something, make its uv map larger than the others, like what I always do to the faces of my models...

Alfa x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2007 20:26
Hi Mike,
What is the poly count of your models, for example Alletine.
what is the size on disk?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 09:41:58
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 09:41:58