Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / 100 Models in 100 Days

Author
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2009 02:30
...that turret looks sweet!

Azunaki
Years of Service
User Offline
that reminds me of the SAM site in the N64 command and conquer.
Dared1111
Years of Service
User Offline
Haha, sorry I meant Model 26 "Er..?". What I meant was "is it possible to use the normal map on the Wooden Box, thus having a scratched wooden box?"

I think my entire post was confusing :S

JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2009 15:12
Dared1111:
Probably not since there two different shapes,so there UV mapped differently.

Azunaki:
Heh..wonder where I got the idea... *whistles*

Seth Black:
Thanks. Gonna finish that up now then start up another model.

JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2009 15:15
David Gervais
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2009 15:18
Grats on the 3D Master trophy Josh, now stop staring at it misty-eyed and get back to work LOL

Cheers mate.

P.S. I might give a go at some RTS buildings too.. sounds like fun.

JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2009 15:24
Thanks David. *still drooling at own trophy*...with your texture style I bet you can come up with some kul and interesting stuff.

JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2009 16:52
Day 34 / Model 30: RTS Building: Turret
-Production Time: 2.5hrs
-100 'Triangular' Polygons
-1 Mesh
-1 Texture Map
-1 Normal Map
-45 Frames
Screenshot:

Animation:
http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/qq8/MooneyGameDev/?action=view¤t=turretanim_final.flv
Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/mymn3ztnmwz/misslet_final.rar

Since the newsletter came out I received 45 more downloads! Insane. This project is becoming very worth my time. I know I've said this about 40 times already, but I'm glad people are getting some use out of these models. Thank you for all the support everyone!

BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2009 16:58
I'm definitely going to start adding to your download counter now .

Diggsey: I have a spine and memory, but one memorable guy says he hates me. What am I?
java4
Years of Service
User Offline
LOL, I just finished reading the ENTIRE thread. Keep up the good work! I've downloaded all of these, hoping they come in use sometime. I am looking into making some of these into entities for FPS Creator. What exactly is the license/copyright on these? Can we use them in commercial games?

And, oh yeah, the part on Dungeons & Dragons, I love to play it too, and the 2nd Edition is the best. If you have a copy of the Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 2nd Edition Monstrous Manual, could you model the dragon on page 91? It's called Dragonet, Pseudodragon. Hope it's not too complicated, with all your time restrictions and all, would be nice to see some mystical creatures.

With Luck!
java4
Years of Service
User Offline
Here is a picture of what the chest looks like in FPS Creator so far. The red circles circle the chests, one off the floor, one (in?) the floor. Obvious errors so far. Were they made upside down?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2009 18:16
java4:
I do have that edition and monster manual, so I'll see about making the dragon. As for the strange rotation, I've had no problems loading the models in DBP. As I said, I don't have FPSC, so I have no idea how they'll be compatible with it. I think I'll purchase it just so I can make adjustments to the models so they're usable in FPSC.

As for copyright. You can use them in anything you want, just give me credit. Thanks.

java4
Years of Service
User Offline
Fixed flip issue in fpe. Now I still don't know how to fix scaling and applying both the bmp and png texturs at the same time. Can anyone help? Once i'm done with each model, I will post it here for download in a .zip file. I may even put them for free download in the Game Creator's store under Josh's name if he would allow me, or he can if he wants, for that matter...

Keep up the great work, Josh!

(I don't plan on animating weapons, so weapons may not be usable, but they can be for show. Sorry.)
JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2009 18:22
I'm planning to make the weapons more usable by creating a set of hands. So don't worry about them right now.

BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2009 18:24
I might do some of the weapons later...

Diggsey: I have a spine and memory, but one memorable guy says he hates me. What am I?
BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2009 18:27
Ah, neat. Okay then.

java4
Years of Service
User Offline
Here is where I am at now. I fixed the chest so it is now upright. Now, though, as you can see there are still two problems. I can only have one texture on at a time, either the bump map or the color, and the chest is still very small. Anyone got any ideas?

Attachments

BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2009 19:00
You can make it bigger with "scale=xxx" in the FPE file. I think it's best just to leave off the normal map, it's possible to use it in FPSC but requires a lot of hoop-jumping.

java4
Years of Service
User Offline
Awesome, ok, thanks!

I'll try that, and you should see some FPS Creator compatible models uploaded shortly if all works well.
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2009 19:41
...been oonverting these as well.

They transition well, when ported into FPSC...

JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2009 19:50
I'm glad there isn't too much trouble importing these into FPSC. I know it is possible to add normal maps to the models, I just can't remember the method...but I do remember seeing a tutorial on these forums about it.

Day 34 / Model 31: RTS Building: Comm Tower
-Production Time: 1hr
-396 'Triangular' Polygons
-1 Mesh
-1 Texture Map
-1 Normal Map
-1 Alpha Map

Screenshot:

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/lzmrtjzmio5/commtower_final.rar

I'm still surprised I have space on Media Fire. Not quit sure how much space I'm allowed to have. I think I'll eventually upgrade though.

BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2009 20:02
Here's how I do normal maps in FPSC from my own experiments:

1.) Save the texture of the model as a .dds named "[something]_D2.dds"

2.) Save the normal map as a .dds named "[something]_N.dds". Use the same [something] as with the texture.

3.) In the FPE file, set the "textured" field to "[something]_d2.tga". Use the same something, and be sure to use the .tga, not .dds

4.) In the FPE file, set "defaultstatic" to 0 and set "effect" to "effectbank\bumpcubereflectalpha\bumpcubereflectalpha.fx" or another shader that supports normal maps.

5.) Ensure Full Shader Effects are on. Put the model in a scene with some lights and test.

BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2009 20:04
The Comm tower should be very usable . FYI, even Free accounts on Mediafire have unlimited storage space and bandwidth, they just have a 100 MB limit on each individual file.

java4
Years of Service
User Offline
I addded scale=xxx to the FPE, replacing the xxx with numbers, but still no result. Any ideas on how to fix this?
BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2009 20:29
What numbers did you use? It's a percentage, so 100 would be the same size, 200 would be twice as big, etc. Also make sure you delete the .bin and .dbo files whenever you change settings in the FPE.

Clbembry
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2009 20:35
I might just have to make an RTS now
java4
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2009 20:44 Edited at: 1st Jul 2009 20:46
BMacZero, did you leave anything out of the normal map in FPS? It won't work for me.
java4
Years of Service
User Offline
Yay! It scaled right! Now, does anyone have a solution for normal mapping in FPS Creator? BMAcZero's solution failed 4 me.
BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2009 21:04
I could have, there are a lot of little things you have to do exactly right...make sure the entity is dynamic, that's the most common problem. Also, could you post what it looks like? That could show what's wrong.

java4
Years of Service
User Offline
I got BMacZero's way to work now, as in the texture shows up, but I don't notice any difference in a side-by-side comparrison without normals.
BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2009 21:20
Sounds like you might not have shader effects enabled?

java4
Years of Service
User Offline
Here is a comparison of normals and no normals, full shader effects on. I don't notice anything different, but maybe my low graphics card is not capable of them. Here is a pic from my pc, and view the uploaded files to compare for yourself. Please tell me it's just my graphics card.

Attachments

BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2009 21:39
Ah, looks like my mistake in explaining. The path to the effect isn't supposed to have quotes around it.

java4
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, I think that helps, i'm not sure why I added them. lol. I should have known. Thanks, they should (please, please, please, please) work now.
java4
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2009 22:02 Edited at: 1st Jul 2009 22:11
Yet...I must conclude that it hates me...take a look at this picture after I removed the quotes from around it.

[quote]Here is your barrel delivery, sir. But they're tiedyed! No, actually, i'm afraid it's just the normal mapping, the texture is, however, not visable.

Attachments

BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2009 22:10
Hum, they worked for me after simply removing the quotes...

java4
Years of Service
User Offline
Here, test my file, because i'm worried it's just my low graphics. Maybe it is good, after all. Oh, could you send me the file you did that with?

Attachments

java4
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh, and for some of the other models, like the spacecraft, does anyone here know how to make a vehicle script allowing you to enter the vehicle? It would really save me some time.
Blobby 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2009 22:22
wow, great models as ever Josh! I really like the Comms tower
and well done on getting the trophy! I'm still staring at the space where mine used to be

www..homestead.com
JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2009 22:53
Thanks Blobby. Sorry about your trophy, you'll just have to take it back the next compo.

Anyway, seems BMac and java just hijacked a full page of posts... I don't want to sound rude, but could you start a separate thread on the FPSC board for that? If you get my models working then by all means post them here. Otherwise keep this thread on topic.

Anyway, have 1.5hrs left till I have to leave for work. My get one more model out before I leave. Then I'm off the next two days, so I should get some good work done.

java4
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, ok, no problem- only, isn't it on topic? I mean, it's about your models, but anyways, I will start a new thread. Sorry it took up so much space. It'll be called "100 Models in 100 Days: Converted for FPS Creator" if anyone is interested. Only finished conversions will be posted here.

Keep up the good work. Peace.
JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2009 23:53
java:
No, you can post the converted models here...I was commenting on the fact that you and BMac had a full page discussion on 'how' to convert. You can post the converted models here, that's not a problem.

...anyway.

Day 34 / Model 32: RTS Building: AirPad
-Production Time: 35m
-38 'Triangular' Polygons
-1 Mesh
-1 Texture Map
-1 Normal Map

Screenshot:

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/go42mywjxdi/airpad_final.rar
Notes: The next model in the series will be the 'vehicle' that goes with the AirPad.

Amanda Mooney
Years of Service
User Offline
I just want to say, I am so proud of my husband. He doesn't complain (much) when our real life takes him away from his computer. He works 40+ hours a week, plus helps me take care of our 3 kids, dog, 3 cats, helps with the housework and laundry (I hate the basement) so in reality, he only has a couple hours a day to work on anything at all. He gave up modeling when I gave birth to our son almost 3 years ago, and to see him jump back into all this with such enthusiasm, I'm in awe.

So in short, I love you baby, and even though I don't tell you enough, I'm so insanely proud of you.
Clbembry
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2009 01:19 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2009 01:20
Josh... I thought I told you to lock them in the basement
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2009 02:01
Quote: "...does anyone here know how to make a vehicle script allowing you to enter the vehicle?"

...no can do in FPSC.

Unfortunately player operated vehicles haven't come to fruition, at least in any current version or known mod.

Dynamic entities will not allow the player to enter them, due to hardcoded collision issues.

Amanda Mooney
Years of Service
User Offline
With all the dead bodies down there, theres no more room in the basement for anything else
java4
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2009 02:58 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2009 03:00
Oh, sorry, I meant I am going to post completed models here, but I will first post them on my thread, which is also a help thread. Once you are finished with all 100, I am going to put them into related packs and post them here, sorta like free model packs.

Do you mind if I post them as free downloads on the Game Creator's store, giving you credit, or do you want to post my finished conversions? Either way, I don't mind, it's just a good way to get your work out there.

Quote: "Unfortunately player operated vehicles haven't come to fruition, at least in any current version or known mod.

Dynamic entities will not allow the player to enter them, due to hardcoded collision issues. "

I mean, could you walk up to one, press enter to enter, and have your player disapear, you taking control of the vehicle, and when you exit, you respawn where the vehicle is? <<Please reply to this on the FPS Creator version of this thread, http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=153465&b=24
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2009 03:46
...see the other thread, for a response.

BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2009 04:16
Sorry about that, Josh

Quote: "Notes: The next model in the series will be the 'vehicle' that goes with the AirPad."

Yay .

java4
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2009 04:37 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2009 04:40
Ok, some models are now ready for FPS Creator. I will post them here with an image, as well as on their thread, http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=153465&b=24. Sorry if you wanted them, but I am not putting the shaders on them, like normalmapping. I might in the future, but not all video cards support them that support FPS Creator, and even the files that came with FPS Creator didn't use them.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 20:05:48
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 20:05:48