Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Public Test - Upgrade 7.5

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh, forgot, I'm using U.74, the standard DBpro online free distro.
MasterBowyer
Years of Service
User Offline
Oops, I meant U.74

Sorry about that...
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2010 09:13
@mrHandy
The "Failed to 'CFileBuilder:AddPCKToEXE'" error happens when you try to compile to an exe when it's already running.

My signature is NOT a moderator plaything! Stop changing it!
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 9th Feb 2010 17:05 Edited at: 9th Feb 2010 17:05
I'm now getting a very confusing error when I save a new project.

Here's what I did:

1. Open DBPro.
2. Open a dba file using Add to Project
3. Delete the default Untitled dba file from the project
3. Save the new dba file into a folder, e.g. Projects\MyProj\MyProg.dba
4. Save the project as Projects\MyProj\MyProg.dbpro

I then get the following daft and confusing message:

The dba file is already in the right place. Why should it move? Should I press Yes or No? I pressed Yes and things work - but is it obvious I should do that? Nothing has moved as far as I can tell. This didn't happen in the previous version - although it did happen in some versions of the Synergy Editor provided elsewhere.

Has a fix to solve one problem merely created another?

How should we cleanly start a new project?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2010 17:24 Edited at: 9th Feb 2010 17:32
Here's a second confusing problem.

I've just tried a second way of creating a simple project.

1. Open DBPro
2. Type some code into the default Untitled.dba code window
3. Save the dba file with a new name in a sensible location

I immediately get the following bizarre error:

and the file does not show in the project Solution Explorer window.

Out of curiousity I tried this a second time and I got the same error message - but this time the new dba file showed in the Project Solution Explorer window. However when I tried to compile and run, everything seemed fine - except I made an error in the code. When I corrected that, the editor merely ran the previously compiled executable instead of replacing it with the new version. This is an old error which has resurfaced. [Edit The editor should save the corrected code when I hit the "Save, Compile and Run" button - but it showed as unsaved. The editor seemed to have compiled and run something - but not the code I had just entered. The problem goes away if I Save the code before compiling.]

I get the distinct impression we're going round in circles with these editor updates. What's going on?

Attachments

Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2010 21:27 Edited at: 10th Feb 2010 11:29
EDIT Read this post with caution. I've just been trying to reproduce this particular problem and I can only succeed when I make the following daft mistake.

Save code as myprog.dba.

Then save project as myprog.dba

I have a horrible feeling that is exactly what happened - but I'll leave the post here in case someone can reproduce the problem without making the mistake.

Original post follows

I am VERY annoyed. I have used DBPro for several years with the original editor and hardly ever lost any code - and never lost any with the latest editor UNTIL the latest beta.

What on earth is going on??? Is anyone else having problems?

I lost the code after creating a new project and code - at some point I was informed that the file on disk had changed and was asked whether I wanted to reload it. I had no idea what would be the consequence of answering yes or no. I chose wrong and my dba file was replaced with this:

That doesn't look like a dba file to me. This is just the sort of daft thing that used to happen with the ORIGINAL editor.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2010 01:27
The simple solution is use CodeSurge or the non-TGC Synergy (or BlueIDE, but I can't get that to work right on my projects). Of course, that doesn't help the default editor get corrected.

What I don't understand is why the TGC version of Synergy is so far behind the normal version. Many of these issues were already addressed by the original creator...

Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2010 11:34 Edited at: 10th Feb 2010 11:39
Another new problem has emerged with the latest editor beta.

I have Vista on this machine and if I open DBPro and choose Save As the default location is the daft and very confusing one shown in the following image. This happens every time I open DBPro and is very annoying (I don't think I did anything wrong this time ... ):

What makes this extra irritating is that I've reported this problem before in connection with Synergy - and here it is again. I agree with Airslide here - except that things have suddenly got a lot worse with this update on both my XP laptop and Vista PC.

Attachments

Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2010 11:43 Edited at: 10th Feb 2010 11:44
(I'm double posting because I'm trying to report one issue per post.)

Syntax highlighting is still not correct:

Not serious, but I thought this was supposed to be fixed.

Attachments

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2010 11:51 Edited at: 10th Feb 2010 11:59
I think this might have been report but you can also do this.

editor 26th jan 2010 and 26th dec 2009 version.

1. type in `Do` or `for`
2. move cursor back to `|do` or `|for`
3. press return to add a new line.

now you have

loopDo

nextfor

works with any command that has and start end function.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
sladeiw
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2010 23:25
Green Gandalf: Should really use spaces between statements and :

As for the auto loop closing, I've never seen the point of them in any editor. I just dont think it can ever by 100% accurate in all situations, and it only has to be wrong 1% of the time to be annoying. Any similar features are the first things I turn off. What I type is what I want to see appear, nothing more, nothing less.
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2010 01:28
Quote: "Should really use spaces between statements "

Why? The : is the command separator.

I agree spaces look better but the syntax highlighting should be consistent with the language rules not with your or my particular coding style.
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2010 09:38
Quote: "Quote: "Should really use spaces between statements "

Why? The : is the command separator."

They meant put a space between the command and the colon. for example, your code becomes..

Quote: "the syntax highlighting should be consistent with the language rules not with your or my particular coding style."

Indeed it should.

My signature is NOT a moderator plaything! Stop changing it!
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2010 11:28 Edited at: 11th Feb 2010 11:29
Found that the rotate x matrix4 command set do not work , was looking at this code to see what it would do and would compile in 7.5 beta4 but when running it said could not find rotate x matrix4 variable. compiled and ran ok in 7.5 beta 2.

so there are problems with loading and using dll and the matrix4 command set do not function like they did in 7.5 beta 2.

Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2010 12:11
Quote: "They meant put a space between the command and the colon. for example, your code becomes.."

I was well aware of that and it is what I usually do. The point is that the editor should highlight correctly within the rules of the language - which we seem to be agreed on.
sladeiw
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2010 12:31
From the dbpro help:

USE OF SPACING

Unlike other BASIC languages, spaces are very important in your programs. It is important to separate commands and parameters, otherwise your program will not be understood.

as my original post: Use spaces!
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2010 15:04 Edited at: 11th Feb 2010 15:08
This is not a bug but an annoyance.

Regarding closing loops and command structures. The automatic close command feature does not take into consideration indentation. Maybe there is an option that I've missed to allow for indentation? I think there is an option for case. Example follows in code snippet.

I do know that there is an option not to use this feature. Just wanted to report this as it is one of (but not the main) reason I don't use the feature.

-----------------------------------------------
OliveTreeGames
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2010 15:11 Edited at: 11th Feb 2010 15:11
@sladeiw,
From the text you just posted - use spaces to separate a command from its parameters. It says nothing about spaces between commands separated by colons.

The only spaces that are required by the compiler are single spaces within commands (eg SYNC[space]RATE), or having 1 or more spaces between the command and it's parameter (eg SYNC RATE[space]60). All other spaces are optional to the compiler. (I hope that the method I've used to show these is clear).

Green Gandalfs request is simply that the editor highlighting matches what the compiler accepts, and I agree with him.

sladeiw
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2010 15:57
I realize that the compiler will accept it. You could write all sorts of ugly looking code that the compiler would happily accept. I would suggest that editor highlighting is to assist in readability, and if anything it should highlight the lack of space. (eg. in the style MS Word does for grammar)
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2010 18:40
People new to coding, as many DB new customers are, would probably be confused by that however laudable the intent.

And whose good coding style should the editor follow anyway? No, the only safe option is to stick to the rules of the language.
jamhambrick
Years of Service
User Offline
me? I already downloaded it

Family, religion, friends.. these are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed in business.
Monty Burns
Charlotte personal injury lawyer
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2010 01:03
Hi Guys,

No new BETA this weekend, but I have gone through all the posts since my last one and can confirm the issues I reproduced and fed back on the ones that either could not or for one reason did not apply to U75. Thanks for your time in bashing this interface into shape, I think we are getting there, just a few more niggles to iron out.

Confirmed:

1. When you press F1 to get context sensitive help, and the help page is already open, the interface should switch to the help page tab automatically.

2. Make the failure to save a .BAK file silent (so manually created folders do not trick the error)

3. Make sure if the user selects SAVE PROJECT AS into the same folder and project name as the current project folder and name, simply treat SAVE AS as a simple SAVE to avoid the 'transfer error message'

4. Only prompt the 'would you like to move these files' if there was a project that contained media files, as it is confusing to offer this choice when there are no files to transfer

5. When you start a new DBP session, and type some code, then instantly go to FILE > SAVE AS you are deposited in the Windows Temp folder instead of the DBP Projects folder

6. Prevent the SAVE PROJECT and SAVE PROJECT AS from accepting a .DBA file extension as this confuses end users. Automatically change any use of DBA with DBPRO file extension to ensure correct file usage

7. Ensure the new interface detects the difference between SYNC ON : and SYNC ON: (and related instances) so that ON: is not determined to be a label, and in fact the SYNC ON string supercedes label detection

8. Ensure the code auto-complete only adds end-code when cursor is at END of start code syntax (so placing cursor first !DO and then hitting return does not result in LOOPDO)

bloody bamboo : Cannot reproduce the debug and step through crash. Tried a simple program that increement the varaible A and it worked fine

pcRaider : The auto-code completion feature is not as powerful as you assume. Better that you switch this off in the Options menu to avoid further distraction

pcRaider & HowTo : The undo and redo features are available through the menu and keyboard shortcuts, we removed them from the toolbar to clean up the interface and make room for the store and module viewer

pcRaider : There are no plans to add International Character support to the new interface

Enter the Cypher : The code you provided compiled and parsed fine into the DBP debugger (F6) so I could not reproduce the crash you reported. Try BETA5 when it is released as we may have updated the build.

mrHandy : We are not fixing the old editor, this beta is focusing on the new interface. Perhaps I misunderstood the meaning of your post?

xGEKKOx : We are not adding any features for the next few updates, this is a route bug fixing session focusing on the new interface (which replaces the old editor from this version onwards)

MasterBowyer : This beta is to test the stability and functionality of the new U75 interface. If a bug exists in U74 relating to the compiler, we will look closer at this during the U76 beta.

Green Gandalf : Opening DBP will open into a blank workspace with no project. By selecting ADD TO PROJECT without having a project means the DBA is just created in the PROJECT root folder. The reason the BAK file could not be created is that at the moment you selected save, the folder did not exist, only at the point of saving (after you manually created the folder) did it exist, and of course by that time you are too late to make a copy to the .BAK file. If you saved again after the error prompt, it would have saved the .BAK file for you. I will make the BAK file error silent so it does not annoy. Also your point on the issue of resaving your project file into the same directory will be solved. If when you say 'open a dba' in your initial post you mean open an existing DBA (rather that it's project file), then disregard much of the above sequence. I have put the 'transfer error' message as a confirmed bug to fix as I can see how it might be confusing.

Green Gandalf : To start a prject cleanly, I often open DBP and then go to FILE > NEW > PROJECT, then enter a meaningful name then click OK. This creates for me the DBA, the DBPRO file, the project folder and removes the untitled.dba from the blank workspace. As I often do it this way, I have missed the strange errors you get when you create a project in other ways

Green Gandalf : I cannot reproduce the bug which ran the old version of your code when you made a change to the untitled.dba. Can you produce a step by step from opening DBP to seeing this behaviour, thanks.

Green Gandalf : Thanks for your continued patience, it might seem like a long and horrible road but it will be worth it and many of Johns fixes are now part of this new interface. Looks like I forgot the one about the SAVE AS opening up in the TEMP folder, will sort for the next beta (see confirmed above)

HowDo : U75 beta is intended to sort out the new interface issues. Compiler and command issues will be looked at with U76.

I have an internal BETA5 bubbling away here, but I want to perform a full rebuild of all the modules and fix those confirmed issues above before I subject you to another update. Hopefully you can see the sense in focusing on the interface to the exclusion of compiler and command considerations. There is no sense having a decent compiler and command set if the interface then decides to eat your code. If I can get responses to my feedback as well, I might also squeeze in those additional fixes if I can reproduce the problems.

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2010 01:13
Thanks Lee - and for the explanations. Looking very promising.

Quote: "Green Gandalf : I cannot reproduce the bug which ran the old version of your code when you made a change to the untitled.dba. Can you produce a step by step from opening DBP to seeing this behaviour, thanks."

Since I've been getting that frequently on both my XP laptop and Vista PC (less sure about that) I should be able to reproduce it step by step. I'll look at this issue carefully tomorrow - brain is unreliable at this hour.
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2010 10:25 Edited at: 13th Feb 2010 13:43
Thanks Lee - Editors looking awesome , will soon have to find some else to complain about.

In the editor there a bit called 'Default Help Landing Page' , now is that so it can find the main.htm help page, or is so I can redirect to my own version of the main help page.

edit
Also the editor get confused when you enter in phy commands some ok but not all, like 'phy make rigid ' what to put space then body but cannot, I get 'phy make 6dof joint' after pressing the spacekey.

Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2010 13:54
Lee,

Quote: "Green Gandalf : I cannot reproduce the bug which ran the old version of your code when you made a change to the untitled.dba. Can you produce a step by step from opening DBP to seeing this behaviour, thanks."

Here's the step by step guide:

1. Open DBPro.
2. Enter some code.
3. Compile and run.
4. Save the dba code somewhere sensible.
5. Make some changes to the dba code.
6. Compile and run again - everything seems OK.
7. Save Project in same location in usual way.
8. Compile and run - everything seems OK, but is it??
9. Make some more changes.
10. Compile and run - DBPro runs the PREVIOUS version and doesn't save the current version of the dba code!!

This problem persists until you close DBPro and reopen the project at which point things work normally.

You can bypass this problem by saving the dba code BEFORE compiling - but you need to do this every time you change the code.

This occurs consistently on both my machines, XP and Vista, and keeps catching me out.
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2010 17:23
A new bug I'm afraid.

Careless use of Find and Replace causes the editor to hang.

I can reproduce the error as follows:

1. Enter the following code:

2. Place the cursor at the end of the first line after the 64.
3. Use Find and Replace to replace mapsize with mapSize and choose Replace All.

These steps hang the editor. Obviously the user should choose Match Case to achieve the desired result - but the editor shouldn't hang.

My experiments suggest that the starting point of the search is important, i.e. the Find and Replace will sometimes terminate and other times it'll hang. I assume the routine is endlessly cycling through the code, but perhaps it's just hanging under certain conditions.
Booma
Years of Service
User Offline
About editor... if you turn on Tools > Options > Text Editor > Highlight current line, type some code and after press enter you can see visual bug - when selected line under current line
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2010 22:40 Edited at: 13th Feb 2010 22:45
Quote: "if you turn on Tools > Options > Text Editor > Highlight current line, type some code and after press enter you can see visual bug - when selected line under current line "

Works fine for me.

Edit. No it doesn't. I thought it worked fine the first time I tried but now it fails as you say. So, yes, another bug.
pcRaider
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2010 08:08 Edited at: 14th Feb 2010 08:10
helpFile

CREATE ANIMATED SPRITE

Attachments

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2010 01:20
While I work in the confirmed bugs, I thought I would release BETA5 as it was ready to go. This one represents a re-build of all the main modules, including a reduced Extras zip file as more DLLs required for FPSC compiling are now part of the main update. To this end FPSC modders may find their source code behaves a little differently. The issues I am aware of and will deal with for BETA6 is that the Basic3D is currently a debug DLL while I sort out an issue arising from upgrading to VS2008. Also, the ODE DLL causes the player to launch into the air when you first enter test game. Nothing to get alarmed about, and I would suggest you avoid BETA5 unless you have a specific reason to download it. BETA5 represents the first beta where most of the modules have moved from a VS 2005 environment to a VS 2008 environment, and so we should expect a few nasty surprises as this is a substantial change (but worth it).

Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2010 12:00
Lee,

The new version of the editor has re-introduced a fixed bug - the editor can run the wrong executable when the exe filenames contain spaces.
Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 16th Feb 2010 00:57
@LeeBamber, it also jumps all over after compileing anything.I love the new look but is hard to get used to it.things are hard to find as far as the settings, attached media, but over all I like it.good job and thanks for all the updates.

BillR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2010 23:00
How do I change the default resolution in the new editor for 'full screen', so that each time I open the editor my new resolution shows up?
Blue Steel AU
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2010 05:37
Updating to test it now

why are you only updating to VS 2008 when the beta for VS 2010 is already out and working ?

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2010 03:49
Hi Guys,

BETA6 uploaded. The work proceeds on three fronts right now. We have one guy working on cleaning up the DBP engine itself, another working on the editor issues you have reported and my role was to make sure the final compiled DLLs and modules worked flawlessly with the latest version of V117 internal source code (which you will find in the U75 Extras folder along with the scripts you will need for those who want to try out rag doll). The reason FPSC is getting treatment in a DBP forum is that it is a 42,000 line program and a great way to make sure DBP is not broken from beta to beta. I am pleased to report this beta 6 represents all new DLLs and module compiles (rather than legacy files just copied into the newest beta), and it is also based on VS 2008, leaving behind the older VS 2005 setup. Bottom line is that if this works for you, we're on track, if it does strange things that beta 5 did not do, please report in enough detail so we can reproduce and fix (screenshot, step by step, example). Also, for your info, I will be away for one week starting Sunday but you can still report bugs and they will still be looked at by the extended DBP team (took the hint after years of er, hints, and hired some help). Hope BETA6 works out for you. Notice some of the bugs are marked PENDING, though these should be fixed for beta 7 if all goes well.

Best Regards,
Lee.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2010 04:06 Edited at: 25th Feb 2010 04:06
Downloaded

Quote: ". . . is that it is a 42,000 line program and a great way to make sure DBP is not broken from beta to beta"

And after coding my mod it is 56,216 lines of code.

It is really stressing out the editor that's for sure. I hate to see how many lines of code Hockeykid has.

Lee, have a great week of R&R.

OliveTreeGames
Grandma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2010 11:27
Found terrible bug with creating bitmaps in 7.5
I get to iteration 7+, then silent crash.

This message was brought to you by Grandma industries.

Making yesterdays games, today!
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2010 11:29
Have a good week Lee.

Now above I was on about the ntdll.dll popping up and stopping my program, well I think I found where to look.

My device talk to the serial port and if I unplug my device it all runs with out crashing, but if I run it with this device plug in I get a crash.

my device does send information and my code received it OK but after about 6 to 9 second it stops.

So could it be there's a change in the serial port code as this was working OK in 7.5 beta 2.

cheers

Kill3r7
User Banned
Posted: 26th Feb 2010 18:04
Hey Lee, I have some problems with the update beta 6, because I compile my project with this and the player (in fpsc) jump every time, and I get 5 bugs ^^.

Any ways I reinstall the 7.5 and work

puppysss
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2010 09:13
Good Job Lee !
Can I Suggest Lee,Please?
If I Can ,

* Pointer Support Various Type
Ex)
Global Val# = 3.14
Global Str$ = "Hello World"
Global pVal As DWORD
pVal = Make Memory( 4 )
Global pStr As DWORD
pStr = Make Memory( 4 )
*pVal = Val#
*pStr = Str$
Print *pVal
Print *pStr
Wait Key

Knowledge Is Well-Known Wisdom.
So Wisdom Is Very Absolute.
TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm new to DBPro, and I compiled the FPSC-Game with it, but when I try and test a level with ragdoll, I get this error at saving and optimising universe:
Runtime error 105: File does not exist a line 24067.
Then I checked out the source at this line and it tries to load a file which is actually in the directory it links to, but FPSC reports it is not:

levelbank\testlevel\universe.dbo

Any help?
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
With the latest it gives me a great deal of problems, warnings, not ocmpiling. WOW! Internal Error.

French gui
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2010 20:18 Edited at: 1st Mar 2010 16:59
I've just an error with this command ODE Create Ragdoll from bone model not recognized. Looks like a dll trouble, but I'm pretty sure to have installed everything...

[edit] Ok it was my fault: used wrong ODEdegug.dll
Kill3r7
User Banned
Posted: 28th Feb 2010 08:05
Instructions for the people:
*Install the update Beta6.
*Download Extras (7.5v) and extract the files from the folder dbpro_for_fpsc and paste in your dark basic folder.
*Use the project FPSC-Game.dbpro and Try to compile.

mr Handy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2010 23:07 Edited at: 1st Mar 2010 23:34
@Lee

Missing strings was not in the "old old" editor, but in the "new old" editor.

so there is two old editors in the editor folder:
editor.exe \ 1.0.9.2 \ 894KB \ downloaded from http://darkbasicpro.thegamecreators.com/?f=ide
editorU72.exe \ 1.1.0.1 \ 1.94MB \ comes with common upgrade

so missing strings has editorU72.

although, i'm confused about these two - which one should i use?
there is no changelog... what difference? (exept filesize bugs)

i'm still using 1.0.9.2 as it has absolutely no bugs!

P.S. just found another bug in the "new old": it cant remember its settings! that bug was in 1.0.9!!! what the build is it!?
You should fix bugs and re-check "new old" editor or put 1.0.9.2 in DBP update instead of this ***!

OldPMan
TGC Store Seller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2010 16:27 Edited at: 4th Mar 2010 17:20
SETUP Upgrade 7.5 ON WINDOWS7 I HAVE-
Update Aborted: Could not detect Dark Basic Pro installation
WHY?
on XP is OK.
reinstall help?

.....already beside..... for all
Burning Feet Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2010 23:41
I was wondering if there's a release date pencilled in for the final release of U75? If it's still a long way off, I'll download the beta, but if it's only a couple of weeks away, I'll wait.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2010 23:45 Edited at: 6th Mar 2010 23:47
Using custom colors doesn't work 100%. For example, I choose a particular color for "variables." It doesn't catch all of my defined variables. It looks like it might be a majority but the variables it doesn't catch ends up as the standard text color.

It is the same way for the function. One function that I utilize from Lee's source code that does not retain the custom color for functions is: removeedgespaces(string). Is it the length?

There is 57,000 lines of code so I know it is putting string checking to a maximum.

OliveTreeGames
Kill3r7
User Banned
Posted: 7th Mar 2010 06:32
Hey Lee, You can add the Command "Hide Static objects" I really need this

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2010 17:24
Hi Guys,

Just got back from my one and only holiday for this year and some new fixes for the interface, so find BETA7 uploaded with notes on the changes. I will review the posts since my last post this week, and sort between issues that are for U75 and those we'll deal with in U76 onwards. If anyone else has interface issues that are not posted between this post and my last post around a week ago, report it with a step by step and ideally a screenshot so we can take a closer look. Thanks.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 06:19:52
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 06:19:52