Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Public Test - Upgrade 7.5

Author
TGC Store Seller
Years of Service
User Offline
it possible to increase the accuracy of calculations for DOUBLE FLOAT NUMBERS.
(1111111111.11*2.0=2222222222.22)and not 2222222222
What can any additional commands.
I think that many people would help.
thanks.

.....already beside..... for all
sladeiw
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2010 21:47
Just tried the latest beta & found these issues:

If output window is on auto-hide and an error occurs during compile, the error line is hidden behind the output window. (If the editor is forced to scroll the display down to the error line)

Code treeview dosen't display links (+) to sub items until you click on one. (And still takes ages to populate, in codesurge for example the treeview is there as soon as the editor loads. This is with 7k+ lines of code)

Playing with the editor options for long enough eventually causes an unhandled exception. Load editor - go to tools-options. Select and unselect various options, clicking `apply` inbetween each one eventually causes a crash for me. Usually takes less than 20 secs clicking. I have only tested this on 1 system so maybe some issue with my setup.

I only played with it for 15 mins until going back to v74, and the Mar 2009 editor has never crashed like that for me. The other 2 problems are present in both versions though.

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2010 10:29 Edited at: 10th Mar 2010 10:31
version 7.5.7, I do not seem to be able to change the resolutions in the option control box for defualt values of the new editor, if I move it up or down from the default value (window resolution 800x600) I get the ms error box.

works ok if I use the display command to change resolutions, but not with the editor options.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
Burning Feet Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2010 10:42 Edited at: 10th Mar 2010 12:03
I can cause Synergy Editor - Build: Feb 25 2010 - to crash when I do the following;

Tools --> Options --> Default Values --> Screen --> Window/Fullscreen Resolution. Changing either or seems to crash out DarkBASIC Professional Editor.

EDIT: Correction, modifying any Default Value causes a crash.

EDIT 2: Changing the startup behaviour also crashes the application. Bugger.

EDIT 3: Updating to the latest Synergy editor found here, http://www.digitalzenith.net/ fixes the above issues.
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2010 14:38
Thanks for the feedback on BETA 6 and 7. Here are more detailed comments and a list of those issues I can reproduce here:

Green Gandalf : BETA7 should have solved the 'run wrong exe' issue, but let me know the steps again if you find you can reproduce it with the latest build.

Daniel wright 2311 : Not sure what you mean 'jumps all over'. Please provide a step by step of what I need to do to make it 'jump all over' and a description of why you think it is a bug, thanks.

BillR : Go to Tools --> Options --> Default Values --> Screen --> Window/Fullscreen Resolution. Currently it crashes in BETA7, but we're working on it.

Blue Steel AU : We're focusing on Visual Studio 2008 because pretty much ALL our projects are dependent on this now. Despite popular rumour, upgrading your entire development system can introduce problems and I think you want us to deliver solutions for the moment

Grandma : Non interface bugs and issues will be looked at in U76. Today we are focusing on getting the editor to most peoples liking and ensuring we have not missed anything when we stepped up to VS2008 and the new code sharing system (internal).

HowDo : Which serial port code do you refer? DBP has no native support for serial port access.

Kill3r7 : Yes the jumping FPSC player is solved in the latest builds of BETA7 and the source we have here. No worries.

puppysss : Non interface bugs and issues will be looked at in U76. There are no new features planned for the native version of DBP at this time.

TerrorNation : Using the FPSC source code is unsupported, which means everything you try must be a practise of trial and error, and asking very nicely in the forums for help I am sure you will appreciate my time is best spent fixing DBP bugs. I suggest waiting for the official release of U75 and the official announcement of the latest V117 source code, and then giving it another try.

Red Eye : Can you give me a step by step to reproduce the 'warning, not compiling and internal errors' so that I can see what you are seeing, thanks.

mrHandy : There is no longer EditorU72.exe in the latest BETA updates, this has been replaced with the new editor name of EditorNew.exe which represents the new interface. The update does not overwrite any version of EDITOR.EXE you may have in the EDITOR folder. Once you have instaled the old editor that works for you, fear not as the new update will not overwrite it.

RUSSIA : DBP does not officially support Windows 7. We cannot offer official support for this operating system at the moment as we're focusing on the legacy issues reported by Windows XP and Windows Vista users. There may be Win7 help elsewhere in the forums.

Burning Feet Man : I will be happy to release U75 officially once I have a general nod of votes that the interface is a good replacement for the legacy editor and that most people are happy with the new update in respect of the editor. Once we release, we will open the U76 beta almost immediately to tackle the command and compiler issues that have been reported from time to time.

Flatlander : If you can site an example in the FPSC source code that shows an incorrectly coloured part of the code, let me know and I can investigate it. I tried a simple program as below, and all the colours that should be expressed where correct:

Rem Project: Dark Basic Pro Project
Rem Created: Thursday, March 11, 2010
#constant solidvalue 42
type leetype
one
endtype
leevar as leetype
lee(a)
wait key
end
function lee(a)
print a
print "hello string"
print solidvalue
endfunction

Kill3r7 : There are no new features planned for the native version of DBP at this time. A better strategy to save memory is to delete a static object, and recreate/reload it when it is needed at runtime.

RUSSIA : There are no new features or enhancements planned for the native version of DBP at this time.

sladeiw : Tried the auto-hide issue, but could not reproduce. I set it to scroll up and down to the error, but each time the output window appeared, and the line was focused within the visible part of the editor. I am running 1024x768 desktop in Vista. For the non-code-view issue, I simply loaded the FPSC source code (42k+ lines), inserted a carriage return in the code and a second later the [+] symbols appeared indicating the tree views so could not reproduce your code view issue. I could only achieve crashes in default values, fonts and colours and symantec analysis tabs so I am assuming your tests happened in one of these. Tried all other tick boxes repeatedly clicking apply without crashes.

Burning Feet Man : BETA7 should show an Editor version of Mar 9, not Feb 25, but I found the crashes too so thanks for the report.

Bugs In Can Confirm

1. Tools --> Options --> Default Values --> Screen --> Window/Fullscreen Resolution. Changing either or seems to crash out DarkBASIC Professional Editor.

2. Tools --> Options --> Fonts and Colours --> Display Item : Variables. Change to Yellow, click OK. Crash.

3. Tools --> Options --> Symantec Analysis --> Code View : disable code view and apply, crashes.

Currently the above three bugs are the only ones I can reproduce and such are the only ones going to be fixed. If you can provide more information relating to your specific interface issue (step by step, screen shots, examples). My aim is to continue mining for interface issues until we mostly agree U75 is a good editor release so we don't have any fixed release dates to worry about. Thanks for the feedback so far, and keep them interface bug reports coming! Just a heads up that BETA8 may be released quite soon as there are some newer DLLs for the benefit of FPSC modders that are available, and who are using U75.

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.
sladeiw
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2010 17:33 Edited at: 11th Mar 2010 17:37
oops
sladeiw
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2010 17:34 Edited at: 11th Mar 2010 17:50
To reproduce hidden error line. I created blank source with 60ish lines of `print`, and line 50 has an error (printy). This is on a different pc also running XP pro SP2.

Press F4 to compile, output window appears, note scrollbar at top of source code.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Aw1XM0oj4ZES3L9W5rT00g?feat=directlink

Error on line 50, note scrollbar moved, but only line 41 visible.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/tTEKrcy6F7ToY3q-t-OeLA?feat=directlink

Click in main window so that output window slides away. Line 50 visible right at the bottom.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/XZx1YH3I6HaC-ofbMNI2Ig?feat=directlink
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2010 17:37
BETA8 uploaded which fixes the three editor issues above and also updates the DLLs to ensure they are aligned with our latest builds (and will help FPSC users align with the latest google code source). Also a tip for those of you interesting in colouring your variables, I suggest use BLACK for variables and colour everything else. It seems when variables are not formally declared, they will not be coloured and remain as default black. It's a minor issue, and I don't want to slow down the syntax highlighting, so something to bear in mind.

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2010 18:10 Edited at: 11th Mar 2010 18:55
edit
last post not need.

edit
Good news Lee, the error I was getting with the ntdll.dll has now gone away, I can compile my code again. So what ever you did this time around all works ok for me and my code.

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2010 18:29
Updated to BETA8b to fix a small error during the creation of the installer. Also bear in mind that the FPSC source in the Extras may not align 'exactly' with the new DLLs, so don't worry if your player flies off or your full shader effects mode looks weird. If you really want to get access to the very latest FPSC source code (as it happens), you can find it in Google Code here: http://code.google.com/p/fpscreatorengine/

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2010 19:03
BETA8c uploaded to fix the 'characters sinking into the floor' in FPSC, caused by a stray scaled axis calculation. Exciting stuff!

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2010 22:03
Quote: "Flatlander : If you can site an example in the FPSC source code that shows an incorrectly coloured part of the code, let me know and I can investigate it. I tried a simple program as below, and all the colours that should be expressed where correct:"

Where to start, where to start.

Small code projects work. I couldn't tell you the size when it starts to break down. Anyway, as you know I am modifying FPSC source code. The following are some examples.

I will start out with the functions. I do this because one of your functions just doesn't want to change colors. The first image shows two of your functions. The function color is a cyan. One of your functions is correct the other is not. The next two images show the functions being used and the same thing.

The next set of images has to do with variables within types. This is really a hit and miss situation as you can see. The color should be purple.

Let's look at some more variables. The first image shows two local variables with the correct colour and the rest are not. Look at the variable "currentcategory$". In the definition it is not correct but being used outside the definition it is the correct color. In this same image you will see a typed variable ".identifer$" that is the correct color but in the type definition it is not.

The next image just shows a hit miss on correctly colorizing variables.

Again, it is hit and miss with dimmed variables. I only have one incorrect colour value shown ("cluecategory$") "Linenumber" is a defined variable that is not showing correctly. However, you will see several variables that are showing correctly.

Let's now turn our attention to constants. The following image shows the defined constants with the correct colour. However the following image show the same defined constant as not being the correct colour.

Finally the type. Most of the types colour correctly. However, once in a blue moon you will see a rogue type as shown in the following image.

Booma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2010 17:55 Edited at: 18th Mar 2010 09:28
Hmm... I am using the latest version of dbpro - beta8c but there are still present error with highlighting curent line in the editor. How you can reproduce this error:
1) enable highlight current line Tools>Options>Text Editor>Highlight current line
2) type in first line of code f/ex Sync On and press enter
3) type the second line let it is will be Sync Rate 0 press enter
4) position with the mouse text cursor after the first line of code and again press enter
... for more interesting result press now up button on your keyboard
When this function work ok - inverted text hard to see in editor, white text on light gray background

and one more small bug

1) open new project
2) type Do and press enter
3) under this line there will be an empty line and even more low a line with code Loop
4) position with mouse text cursor at the begining of blank line (between Do and Loop) and press Tab
5) Type the command Sync and press Up button on keyboard
this command don't highlight with blue color
OR SIMPLY press Tab button after any command f/ex Sync On

and one more interesting bug

1) enable Tools>Options>Text Editor>Folding functions
2) type in editor function (in lower case) and press enter
nothing but if you type FUNCTION or fUNCTION all will be ok
3) for type folding also present this bug when you input ENDTYPE all ok but not for endtype

I have the same problem with bitmaps as a Xeridox

it's crash my program
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2010 19:15
I'm having a similar issue to the one that Airslide had back in November.

I started up the IDE on my laptop while offline during my lunch break and got an empty ad window. I eventually hibernated my machine while leaving the IDE open. When I got home and restarted, the IDE showed ads. Restart the IDE and the ads disappear.

If I disable my lan connection (it's a button on my keyboard) and start the IDE, I get the ad window at the bottom showing 'Navigation to the webpage was canceled'. If I re-enable my lan connection I get ads. When I restart the IDE, everything is back to no ads.

Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2010 23:54
Quote: "I'm having a similar issue to the one that Airslide had back in November.

I started up the IDE on my laptop while offline during my lunch break and got an empty ad window. I eventually hibernated my machine while leaving the IDE open. When I got home and restarted, the IDE showed ads. Restart the IDE and the ads disappear.

If I disable my lan connection (it's a button on my keyboard) and start the IDE, I get the ad window at the bottom showing 'Navigation to the webpage was canceled'. If I re-enable my lan connection I get ads. When I restart the IDE, everything is back to no ads."

i have the same issue

God is real unless declared integer.
griffirr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2010 00:36 Edited at: 17th Mar 2010 13:02
Questions:

Quote: "I have the same problem with bitmaps as a Xeridox"

1) This problem was introduced between 7.5b5 and 7.5b6. If this beta was only supposed to apply to IDE changes then why did this break??

2) How can I evaluate.use the new betas or release because of the introduced bug?? Short of replacing the DBProBitmapDebug.dll, where the problem lies, with the b5 version.

3) Why should this bug have to wait for v76 when it was just introduced between betas or reintroduced from a previous problem, no documentation found to support this.

4) Where should this bug be reported for the most expedient repair. Bug reports forum is almost always not the answer.

5) ETA for v6 testing.
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 16th Mar 2010 02:45
Lee

I've just installed U7.5b8c and two old IDE bugs are either still there or have returned. I am still having difficulty creating new projects cleanly - in fact the situation seems to be worse than U7.5b5 which I had been using up to now.

Problem 1 "Save As" doesn't always change the dba file name in the project. I get this problem as follows:

1. Open DBPro to get the default project wih empty code Untitled1.dba.
2. Open File (Add to Project), e.g. "testIDE.dba", so the project consists of two dba files, i.e. Untitled1.dba and testIDE.dba.
3. Delete the unwanted empty code file Untitled1.dba from the project - at this point both the code window and the Solution window show the file testIDE.dba.
4. Use Save As to change the name of the project's dba file to "testIDE3.dba" - this new name shows in the code window, but not in the Solution window. This has the effect that the project is still using the old dba file - and gets very confusing if you're not paying attention. I seem to have to close the project and open it again to avoid this problem.

I don't think this problem was present in U7.5b5 which I've been using up to now.

Problem 2 "Save, Compile and Run" doesn't always save (or use) the current dba file before compiling. This gets confusing because changes to the code appear not to have any effect - till you realise you need to save explicitly. This problem was present in U7.5b5 and was reported weeks ago. The steps needed seem to be the same as before.

These problems seem to be related - for some reason the editor doesn't seem to associate the file in the code window with the file in the Solution window after Open File (Add to project). The files are associated when an existing project is opened which is fine.
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2010 12:32
7.5 8c beta, when trying to use F7 to step debug some code it will not compile when using concatenation symbol _ .

Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2010 12:33 Edited at: 20th Mar 2010 12:34
denmengrel has reported that printing doesn't work from the new editor. The usual Windows prompt for choice of printer pops up but as soon as I click to actually print I get this:

This is the same error that denmengrel reported.

I'm using Vista.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 20th Mar 2010 12:44
I had to stop using this version of dark basic pro becouse of the editor, it is full of problems I dont even want to get in to but I think you are on the right path here, I love the looks and little other stuff but with all the problems its not worth it. I trully hope you guys dont relise it as the newest update with all the problems. Im shure you wont just speaking my mind is all.the best feture i like in it is the fact that the editor tells you what symbol means as you high light it.

Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2010 13:25 Edited at: 20th Mar 2010 13:27
Another problem with new projects.

The first thing a new user is likely to want to do is to start a new project and give it a name of their choice. This is what happens when I try to do that:

1. Open DBPro in eager anticipation - everything seems fine so far.
2. Save Project As "myFirstProject.dbpro".
3. Save As "myFirstProject.dba". I expect a new user would think this changes the dba code file from "Untitled1.dba" to "myFirstProject.dba" - I certainly would. Well it does and it doesn't . Here's an example Window after the newly entered and renamed code has apparently been compiled and run:

Note that

(a) Rather confusingly the dba file name in the Solution window is still "Untitled1.dba".

(b) Even more baffling, the newly entered code with the new name has NOT been saved, compiled or run - it's still got the asterisk indicating it hasn't been saved. A new user probably wouldn't notice that detail and would wonder why the program seemed to have compiled and run but actually done nothing (because the empty "Untitled1.dba" file was the one used!).

The latest beta works fine for existing projects - and I seem to be able to rename those without problems.

Attachments

Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2010 22:54 Edited at: 21st Mar 2010 00:07
It's not all bad news. I've just been testing a new terrain shader demo of mine and it runs at about 430 fps compiled using U7.5b5 and at about 510 fps using the latest beta.

Edit And the exe files are significantly smaller too.

Keep it up Lee.
JavierTF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2010 17:11
Hi Lee. I don't know if it's posted or or not, beause I'm a few lost with this amount of information, but... ok, here it is:

When I try to create a new project, if exist another one with the same name in the projects folder the editor opens the old project with the same name instead of advise that there is an older project with the same name.

My DarkBasic Pro is the Dark Game Studio DVD bought last month. The editor option 'Check for updates' says it's up to date.

Thanks.
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2010 23:27
I can't reproduce that error with the latest beta update although I did see it in an earlier version. Download the latest beta from the first post on this thread and see if you still get the same problem.
JavierTF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2010 05:23 Edited at: 23rd Mar 2010 05:26
Hi Green Gandalf

Beta installed. With this new beta overwrites the existing project without any warning.

Here what I do, step by step:

- Open DBP

- New.. -> Project -> Name -> My Test 1

- Writing some line of source code

- compile run (F5) -> the program runs -> closing the compiled program

- Closing DBP -> ¿Save changes... etc.? -> Yes

-BDP closed

- (The "My Test 1" folder exist now in the projects folder)

And again:

- Open DBP

- New.. -> Project -> Name -> My Test 1 (The same name of project like the previous one)

- (The project exist but no warnings are shown)

- Writing some line of source code (Different! to compare)

- compile run (F5) -> the program runs -> closing the compiled program

- Closing DBP -> ¿Save changes...? -> Yes

- BDP closed

- And the previous project lost in cyberspace.

Important: In the project folder is created a .BAK file but... empty. Only with the project name and the date.

Like this:

----------------------

Rem Project: My Test 1
Rem Created: Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Rem ***** Main Source File *****

----------------------

Note: Over XP Professional SP2

Thanks!
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2010 13:05
Quote: "With this new beta overwrites the existing project without any warning. "

Yes, that ought to be fixed (unless it's an editor option - I haven't checked) - but at least it doesn't open the old project which you also reported.

I agree the simple tasks seem to be made difficult for some odd reason - I think Lee only tests the editor on existing projects having dba files with 20000+ lines ...
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2010 14:11 Edited at: 23rd Mar 2010 14:40
I'd like to add my voice to the requests for:

1. The F3 key to jump to the next occurrence of the last search.

[Edit] Scratch that one - it already does it!

2. Labels which are indented to still be recognized as labels. At the moment, a label which doesn't start on column 1 of the line doesn't show up in the code view window.

Also, when you use Close from the File menu to close the project, the source code window closes, but you can still compile/run the program, but not edit or save it.

In the old editor, I also liked the ability to have two windows to see different parts of the same program and copy/paste between them. That functionality would be nice at some time in the future.

I've not had any issues with losing any code yet so for me it's now in a much more usable state than the last version.

TDK

Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2010 13:56 Edited at: 24th Mar 2010 14:08
Quote: "The latest beta works fine for existing projects - and I seem to be able to rename those without problems."

How wrong I was!!

I spent most of yesterday evening working on a new terrain demo. I started from an existing project, renamed the project, the dba file and the exe. Everything seemed fine. I open up the new project this morning - no sign of the new code in the editor, only the original dba code and file. Even the exe file had the old exe file name.

What on earth is going on? This is just the sort of nonsense we had with the old editor. The good news though is that the new dba file is there on the disk - all I have to do is work out how to make the editor use it!

Edit Just looked into this a bit more closely. If I open an existing project and change the dba file name then two things happen: (i) the code window displays the new name (as expected); (ii) the Solution explorer window shows the new name (as expected). When I close DBPro I am NOT prompted to change the new settings in the project. That means that when I re-open the project the old files show. That is almost certainly what happened last night and is easily reproduced. This bug is going to cause a lot of agony unless it is sorted out.
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2010 14:24
Another editor problem. This is a recurring one although I haven't reported it before.

When I press the F1 key to get help on a command the editor very often takes me to the Help Contents page instead of the relevant Help entry - even though the command is correctly highlighted and the syntax is correctly displayed at the bottom of the screen. This problem occurs regularly but intermittently. I haven't yet been able to identify conditions which cause it predictably though.
thenerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2010 23:09
the move camera left/right/up/down commands seem to be missing...

Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2010 23:24
Quote: "the move camera left/right/up/down commands seem to be missing..."

That commands are from one of IanM's plugins

God is real unless declared integer.
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2010 01:26 Edited at: 25th Mar 2010 12:46
Quote: "the move camera left/right/up/down commands seem to be missing"

All four work on my machine, are highlighted and have Help file entries. Sounds like something wrong at your end.

Edit: Something wrong at this end too. See posts below.
James H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2010 01:57
Quote: ""the move camera left/right/up/down commands seem to be missing""

Doesn`t work for me - did at first, then I realised I had IanM`s plugins installed. So I removed the relevent dll(nine) and tried again - it wouldn`t compile
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2010 12:44
Quote: "it wouldn`t compile"

Of course it won't - those commands are not DBPro commands.

I've said before that I should refrain from posting as the witching hour approaches.
mr Handy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2010 21:24
LeeBamber wrote:
Quote: "mrHandy : There is no longer EditorU72.exe in the latest BETA updates, this has been replaced with the new editor name of EditorNew.exe which represents the new interface. The update does not overwrite any version of EDITOR.EXE you may have in the EDITOR folder. Once you have instaled the old editor that works for you, fear not as the new update will not overwrite it."

Many thanks, Lee! Your answer has explained everything!

JavierTF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2010 21:52
Hi again

I have DBPro's 'official' version (DVD DarkGame Studio, registered). On having updated to the last 7.5 version, there appears in the low part of the screen the advertising window that should be only in the free versions (I think).

Is it possible to eliminate this window? or Can the DB Team create an update for registered users without advertisings?

Thanks!
thenerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2010 21:53 Edited at: 25th Mar 2010 22:00
Quote: "Of course it won't - those commands are not DBPro commands. "

not only that, but IanM added a command that is in matrix1, and until he takes it back out, we can't use matrix1 because it won't compile.

[edit] pretty sure the command is get array type.

Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2010 23:01
Quote: "we can't use matrix1 because it won't compile."

I use IanM's Matrix1 utilities all the time and they compile and run fine with the latest update on both my machines.

If you are having difficulties with them I suggest you post on his DLL Matrix1 thread not here.

Matrix1 Utilities
Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2010 23:26
@thenerd
IanM fixed that at the same time as the update was released which included the new command

Indicium
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2010 00:50 Edited at: 26th Mar 2010 22:28
Quote: "the move camera left/right/up/down commands seem to be missing..."

They are IanM's plugin commands are they not?

Edit: Wrong page

Windows 7 32-Bit Home Premium Intel Pentium Dual-Core @ 1.46Ghz 2038mb RAM
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2010 02:37
Yes - look at the last few posts.
thenerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2010 20:35
Quote: "IanM fixed that at the same time as the update was released which included the new command"
do I need to download a new version of matrix1? because it isn't fixed for me...

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2010 19:25 Edited at: 27th Mar 2010 19:26
Yes. My plug-ins get updated regularly, and that particular 'problem' was fixed in the 7.1 release of October 2008 when it happened due to a discussion between Lee and myself (ie, I asked him to add it).

thenerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2010 23:38
ok, thanks. I downloaded the new version and now it works.

JavierTF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2010 09:15 Edited at: 28th Mar 2010 12:38
Hello

The last beta dbpro_upgrade_7_5_beta8c is generating me folder problems...

Also it generates errors that really do not exist. Like in this very simple example, in the application of textures to an object.

Creating a new example of the command 'set camera to object orientation' it could not apply the texture to a box. Creating another project exactly with the same lines of code worked perfectly.

I am sorry not to be able to reproduce the failure since when a corrupt folder is created, on having copied the files to the new one the error does not reproduce. By that I include the captures of the screen in a .rar file and not to abuse the screen's forum.

Img 1 (in the .rar file) - The project with the texture error.

Img 2 (in the .rar file)- A project with the same code working fine.

Img 3 (in the .rar file)- Also, some folder of other project opened and modifieds recently with the beta could not be copied or be eliminated.

Img 4 (in the .rar file)- Looking for the motive I found in the projects folder the folder at was I working with the duplicated name! This is a serious mistake.

Two more things. The screen of advertising seems to be only in the projects created with the last beta.

The .BAK files are generated in some projects and in others not. Often without code and others with code.

Using the last beta dbpro_upgrade_7_5_beta8c, there is a significant difference between the projects created before installing this beta and the new ones generated completely by it.

Thanks.

XP Proffesional SP3, Intel Core I3-530 2,93Ghz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285 x 2 in SLI

Attachments

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2010 19:18 Edited at: 28th Mar 2010 19:23
My new Studio XPS 9000 with Windows 7, 8GB of ram and an i7 core has solved all the lagging issues I had that were very irritating. And, I thought I had a fairly fast laptop. Apparently not.

As far as color coding, I'm not sure. I'll have to check that out.

Addendum:

Nope still not catching all that should be color coded.

You know, I've been here since 2007 and I had never seen the "Prev" button clear on the left of the forum page until now. All this time I've used "goto page" selection to go backwards.

m2design
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2010 08:38
The ide 7.5 is a step in the right direction-very profesional graphics.
Using the 7.5 editor seems to slow down the compiler compared to the previous editor.I mean really twice as long as before. 7.5 is very inconsistant in folding functions,loops,etc. I can only get it to fold by highlighting a funcion block, indenting the block then removing the indentation.
This will then sometimes display the fold/unfold symbols allowing me to fold/unfold. When I save the project and exit db and then open db with the same project all of the fold symbols have gone away....and I have to do it all over again.Again - great effort
keep working.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2010 18:50
Since this does have to do also with DBPro I thought I would go ahead and post this here. I am having issues with shaders working properly after compiling with DBPro v7.5b2 with OS Windows 7.

The following image is captured where the segments have shaders implemented and is compiled with a Windows 7 OS.

IN contrast the following image (the same scene) is captured when compiled with Windows XP.

Obviously a problem.

Now, be aware, I am using beta 2. Has this been taken care of in a later version? If so I will have to wait until my project is finished before I can test it. I will just continue to compile with XP when I want the shaders to work.

Other than the shaders (fx) issue, everything else seems to be working fine with Windows 7. I am thrilled with the speed increase I have gotten.

=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2010 20:10 Edited at: 31st Mar 2010 20:13
>edit<
Sorry, the last page button took me to the wrong page? a minor bit of forum weirdness. Ignore me.

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2010 01:05 Edited at: 1st Apr 2010 01:06
Hi Guys, thanks for the great feedback, it really gets us to where we all want to be! I have uploaded BETA10 which does not touch the editor build (Mar 11 2010) but refreshes all the DLLs so hopefully you won't see those strange crashes and also solve some of those long standing bugs in the DBP bug forum (yes we decided to fix a few, please don't faint). I also found time to respond in detail to all the posts since BETA8 was released. All those I could reproduce are now part of a work-list, but below is the feedback where I provide clarity or need more information.

Everyone : Can anyone else reproduce the issue reported by sladeiw where the outputbar can appear and hide the error line being reported from a program with 60 PRINT statements containing an error in line 50. On my 1360x768 screen, it works fine.

Booma : Thanks for the great editor bug reports, I could reproduce first time. The bitmap bug should be fixed in BETA10, as we worked on this and I cannot reproduce with the latest version.griffirr : We have decided to introduce some of the more serious long standing bug fixes into U75, including the bitmap issue, which should be sorted for BETA10.

Everyone: Can anyone reproduce Green Gandalf's Problem One. I followed the steps exactly with the Mar 11 2010 build but when I looked at the solution entry it showed the new renamed file. Admittedly it was an absolute path (not recommended) but the solution and code window both showed the renamed file.

Green Gandalf : Trying to reproduce your Problem Two with editor build Mar 11 2010 and so I have created my own step by step which works for me, so maybe you can try the same steps and let me know what happens:

1. As your problem relies on testIDE.dba existing, create a new file using NOTEPAD called testIDE.dba in your Documents folder
2. Type print "hello" as the text contents of the file, then save and close
3. Launch DBP by double clicking on LAUNCH.EXE in the DBP root folder
4. Select FILE > OPEN > FILE (ADD TO PROJECT) and navigate to the testIDE.dba
5. Select testIDE.dba and then click OK to close the open dialog
6. You should now see the code print "hello" in the tab testIDE.dba
7. Click on the tab marked Untitled.dba and click the close icon to remove it
8. Click the solution Tab in the solution explorer and open the Project Tree view
9. Right click the Unititled1.dba and select Remove From Project (and click OK)
10. Complete the code by adding WAIT KEY under the PRINT line, then press F5 to run
11. Press ESCAPE to exit the program
12. Select FILE > SAVE AS and the save dialog should open in My Documents
13. Rename the file to testIDE2.dba and click OK to confirm the save
14. Notice the code window shows the new filename, testIDE2.dba
15. Click into and hover the mouse pointer over the file in the project tree
16. It should be an absolute path to your Documents folder ending with testIDE2.dba
17. Change the code from PRINT "hellO" to PRINT "you again?"
18. Now press F5 without explicitly saving the file
19. The program should have changed to print you again on the screen
20. You will also notice on pressing ESCAPE that the editor has auto-saved the code

Green Gandalf : There is no PRINT feature in the latest Mar 11 2010 build of the editor. This might explain something, can you click HELP > ABOUT DARK BASIC PRO EDITOR and let me know what the build date is, thanks.

Green Gandalf : In respect to the renaming project, dba and exe and the editor not retaining these changes. I created project A as normal, then used SAVE PROJECT AS to save a new DBPRO file, then used SAVE AS to save a new DBA file, then changed the code a little, then exited without saving, the editor prompted me to save so I said yes. I loaded the new project B, and everything was fine including my change in the code and the new project and file names.

Everyone : Has anyone else had the problem of positioning the text cursor over a highlighted command and pressing F1, only to be taken to the contents page? All my own tests have not shown this issue. I tried forty times, on ten different commands, no joy in finding the bug with Mar 11 2010 build. Here is the program I tested:

Rem ***** Main Source File *****
sync on
sync rate 60
print
for t=1 to 10
next t
set cursor 0,0
make object cube 1,100
make object sphere 1,100
while t=3
endwhile

JavierTF : Providing you activated DBP with the order key you got from validating your DVD, or from one TGC sent you directly as a result of your order, then the second and subsequent runs of the editor should remove the ads. If this is still not the case, email me direct at lee@thegamecreators.com and I will take a closer look at your certificate and order key details.

JavierTF : In respect of the RAR file issue you posted, I cannot reproduce this one at all. Perhaps a little too much information in one go, and very difficult to reproduce. Bear in mind the editor cannot modify folders at all, just the DBPRO and DBA files that you save during the editing session. I also noticed some shortcuts in your project folder, which should not be there as they might cause the kind of problems you describe if you try to use them as project folders. From image four of your RAR you show to folders with the 'same' name, this is impossible. Maybe you are hiding your file extensions preventing you from seeing the fully qualified names of these folders, or more seriously you have an internal system problem. I think if you find the reason why you can create two folders the same, you will know why these other issues are hitting you.

m2design : Thanks for the comments. We are looking at the folding issues reported, and they might improve the situation for you. I agree the folding is not instant or completely obvious right now, such as lower case function names are ignored!

Flatlander : It will be very difficult to reproduce this one right now. If you can write a four line program that shows a difference in shader usage using BETA8 betweem WinXP and Win7 then I can probably help, but using the FPSC source code and BETA2, it's a tricky one to deal with and might take me half a day

These are the editor bugs I could reproduce and will be sorted in the next beta or two:

* Function Highlighting Bug
* Highlight Current Line
* Function Folding Bug
* ADS Appear When LAN Connection Lost
* Concatenation Not Work With F7
* New project Can Overwrite One Of Same Name
* Label not recognised if you add a space before the label name

And two bugs I can probably look into now as I am on the right side of midnight:

* Latest DBP applications can caush a crash on an XP NETBOOK (occasionally)
* Change editor so new project renames the application 'projectname.exe' not application.exe

Thanks again, and remember to keep those bug reports rich in detail and thorough in reproducibility Enjoy BETA10!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 08:03:46
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 08:03:46