Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / [LOCKED] EAI Weapon Media Update (56k Warning)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2007 21:53
these weapons look amazing!!

-will

lynch production
Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2007 23:50
Cheers Fred, I understand now

Errant on the grenade, is the grenade "Flack" without the safety lever like the real thing? In real life the fuse in the grenade doesn't start untill the safety lever erm, "springs" off the grenade. Just wandering if it's like that on your grenade

zavix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2007 00:41
I like the Derringer and the other magnums.

and you know what's strange?

I was thinking of making the personal protection pistol too!
vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2007 01:48 Edited at: 1st Apr 2007 01:48
Speechless. That's all I can say...no it's not, the weapons are awesome Errant, the normal maps really do work wonders when used correctly. I can't comment on the sound (lucky you), since my speakers are not working at the moment. The animations are brilliant still though, I really like the derringer (very technical), the brass knuckles and the shotgun where he loads the shells, the hands look like they were done with motion capture. I'll take this opportunity to say that the flak is very nicely lined up on the grenade, unlucky for you where it landed right by your feet.

Unfortunatly I'm not using FPS Creator as a game engine any more, it's more of a stress relief program, but I'll be very happy to implant these into DarkBASIC.

Once again though, great work, if you really want criticism, then it's not a big issue but the gloves seem to blend in to the arms a bit, If no one else has noticed then it doesn't matter, I'm not sure if that's excatly how they are supposed to be. Maybe the brass knuckles could be a bit more 'worn', or maybe have an alternative texture with some blood and rust covering it.

But don't let those comments ruin my point, keep the good work up Errant, I'll be looking forward to these, oh yeah, and have you got any exact date yet? or do you plan to see if TGC will accept it as a new model pack?

Best

Vorconan

evil lies within all of us...we just don't know it yet

www.freewebs.com/3dfpsc
Jhon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2007 20:06
This is the best digital thing on the whole planet
These weapons are better designed than the "real" fpsc weapons from the model packs. Great job although I am not a real revolver fan. How much will it cost? (if you know that already)

There is no spoon
Badguy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2007 14:32
Amazing.
Do you know when it will be released? In 2007 or 2008?
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
The thread aint hoppin until someone gets slapped, I guess.
(Maybe a mod could delete the dupe posts to help keep this thread tidy?)

Thanks for all the new comments, they are appreciated, as allways.

@Smitho- Glad you like the bezerker anim. It's so fun to wade through people with. The M14 didn't come around until the 60s, though it is an evolution of the M1 Garand used in WWII. M1A is basically just an M14 without the provisions for a "happy switch".

@Opposing Force- Yes, the spoon is not present on the flak projectile. It would be nice to have the springing off sound as part of the throwing audio because the spoon sort of magically dissapears between the throw and flak switchover since the 'nade isn't cooked off before throwing.

@vorconan- Thanks much for the thoghtful comments and crits. I realy appreciate the mocap comparison because there was a lot of time and effort put into animations such as the shotgun reload. I litterally sat at my desk for several hours with a Benelli M1 Super 90 and a fist full of dummy rounds in an attempt to get things looking as natural as possible. I'll see what I can do about tapering the wrists a bit more but can't offer any promises. The brass knuckles will be dirtied up a bit though.

BTW, the weapons in the screens and video, although benifiting from being ran in shadered mode with some subtle glossiness from the cubemap .fx do not actually have any normal maps applied to them. They look killer with normal maps applied but the directX 9 FPSC does not support normal maps when more than one map is used.

@Jhon- LOL, thanks. There will be several non-revolver pistols as well. Some have been seen in other threads but I will add more pics to this thread after I've completed animation and UV map revisions. No word on pricing yet but if this media "goes official", you can most likely expect the standard pricing scheme.

@Badguy- Initial release in 2007 is a safe bet.

Again, Thanks to everyone for the comments.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2007 04:06
As per Errant's request I have deleted any useless and off topic posts including my own.
Please try to keep this on topic and be nice to each other.
This quite possibly is the best work I have seen on these forums.
I can't wait to buy this.

mastercheif 193
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2007 05:33
Quote: "I can't wait to buy this."

I don't think anybody can
vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2007 11:46
Quote: "do not actually have any normal maps applied to them"

You just knocked me off my chair at that. I just can't figure out how you produce such amazing texture quality with only one simple shader and no normal maps.

Quote: "I literally sat at my desk for several hours with a Benelli M1 Super 90 and a fist full of dummy rounds in an attempt to get things looking as natural as possible."

lol, It will all be worth it in the end

www.freewebs.com/3dfpsc
Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2007 14:48
Love that sword! I can see a hack 'n slash already!
All the guns look great, but it seems somewhat dissapointing that your using the stock sounds. Obviously sound isn't in your field of work, but it did seem out of sync in places. For example, the weapon change between the two fist variations. Also, does the rifle with the scope have a zoom function? because it needs a zoom function.
Enough nitpicking, this looks great and is testament to the quality of FPS creator. could well become model pack 8. Keep it coming!

PS: will there be a pistol where; when it recoils, it stays suspended for about a second. Like the D. Eagle in rainbow six vegas. That would seal the deal for me

I know I keep changing my signature, so what?
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2007 21:50
Quote: "could well become model pack 8. Keep it coming!"

EAI already declined the offer from TGC for making it an official model pack, he wanted to stick up for users of other game development packages. Though with the change in model pack lisences, he might look into it again.

vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2007 22:07
They would go brilliant with TGE. Except they would cost a lot more.

www.freewebs.com/3dfpsc
Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2007 23:06
Quote: "They would go brilliant with TGE"

If think you mean TGC. If so, all media packs by the game creators are sold for £11 or $19. If it was to be sold not by TGC then they would cost more then.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2007 23:12
He probably should charge more anyways, infact his work could probably sell for a few hundred dollars, though knowing this community nobody would pay

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2007 23:17
I can see errant making big money with say engines like the A6 where ya pay 1000.00 for the pro version. I wish him well with this pack. He certainly has allot of work in it, and the quality is superb.

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2007 00:14
OF, TGE means Torque Game-making Engine, or something like that.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2007 04:05
If Errant was worried about making the big bucks off of this...and there is not doubt he could...there are better places he could market his pack to make cash.
It is nice for him to make this pack available for FPSC users.
I don't think you will see this as an official TGC pack as he will probably also want to sell it for use in non TGC engines.I would.
If he charges what this pack is actually worth I don't think I can afford it.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 10th Apr 2007 04:22
I'm glad I held off on model pack 6, thinking I'll never need any more weapons after MP5, but the realism here is just too good to be true.

Quote: "If he charges what this pack is actually worth I don't think I can afford it."

That's the only thing that worries me. lol

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2007 05:58
Quote: "I don't think you will see this as an official TGC pack as he will probably also want to sell it for use in non TGC engines"

didnt you hear? all tgc modelpacks are now legal to use in all engines...and are even availible without fpe's and stuff.

http://www.seqoiagames.com/seqoiacorp/
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2007 06:29
I thought it was TGC's engines...FPSC,DBC and DBP.
I learn something new every day.

Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2007 12:06
Trust me, if Errant sells his pack for a low price and thousands of (indie)game developers find out about it on the internet, he'll sell so much that he will make a lot of money.

Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2007 12:22
I bet TGC are gutted Errant didnt take the offer
Get them on Turbosquid as well, for like $20 a model, and I bet they sell well

vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2007 00:18 Edited at: 12th Apr 2007 00:50
Quote: "OF, TGE means Torque Game-making Engine, or something like that."

correct, its Torque Game Engine

www.freewebs.com/3dfpsc
Gamz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2007 20:52
Looking superb as always. I'd always expect as much from you, though. Pity I can't watch the videos, WMP is acting up at the moment, so I'll wait for a Youtube demonstration instead.

I am a manifestation of your subconscious.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2007 20:57
Errant already has some videos of some of his weapons on YouTube.
Look with the keyword FPSC.

vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2007 00:12
We can't let this thread die people, so what if the pack isn't finished, give some comments, EAI probably spent a while even planning each of these models. Let him know we appreciate it, even if he is making us pay.

And to Loc, I agree totally, he could go for TGEA, Unity, Unreal, Havok, of course the poly count should be multiplied by about 100,000 if they're on the Unreal and Havok engines.

www.freewebs.com/3dfpsc
Patrick Tew
Years of Service
User Offline
Errant I'm blown away! Incredible, absolutely incredible!!!

Your guns are millions of times better than the ones FPS Creator gives you at the start (I only have the demo and I am a noob because I have had less than 3 days experience at FPS Creator so to me these guns are out of this world!). My question to you is, how can I buy your mod pack guns and when I do get FPS Creator properly, how can I get your guns into FPSC?

Keep it up, they are amazing!

Patrick Tew
Dreadfully Despized
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2007 12:24
wow that is all so pretty.
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "so I'll wait for a Youtube demonstration instead"

The March video is up on YouTube now for people who can't DL from fileFront or the streaming doesn't work.

Quote: "EAI already declined the offer from TGC"

I talked a little about this in the model pack debate thread in chat but I'll reitterate here that I've never turned own anything from TGC and had only rejected the notion selling of copyright as was required with some of the previous official packs. Given that the restrictions on TGC packs are now opened up, it puts a slightly different spin on things. I am hoping to go official with a portion of this but only time will tell. I realize there are users who only can purchase official content or who benifit from the vast array of payments optionss that TGC offers.

Likewise, I've greatly appreciated the support of FPSC users with this media so rest assured that I have no intentions of charging anywhere remotely near what I believe these to be worth.

@Pus In Boots - No worries, I benifit greatly from nitpicking and am a nitpicker myself so it's all good. Keep in mind sounds are placeholder only. All rifles with optics will have a zoomscope function and others will have iron sights (even though it may be silly the way FPSC functions).

@vorconan - Don't worry, I'll keep this thread alive as I won't be making any new threads while this media is WIP. Updated will cntinue to be posted to this thread. And yes, I do hope the effort will be worth it.

@Patrick Tew - Thanks and welcome to FPSC. There will likely be an installer of some sort.

@Smitho- I'll likely be putting up some stuff on TS eventually. I've got lot of inbetween variations that didn't make it this far and versions of models before unseen geometry was gutted out.

@Loc - I'm gonna have to quiz you one of these days to get the lowdown on all the hot engines!

@Fred - Thanks much for keeping an eye on things for me, I appreciate it!

OK SO NEW PICS! GOGOGOGO!

1911 (Full Size)

1911 (Bite Size)

M9-SD

M16A4

SOPMOD M4A1/M203 (Version A)

SOPMOD M4A1/M203 (Version B)

SOPMOD M4A1/M203 (Version C)

SOPMOD M16A4/M203 (Version D)

"KITTEN"

Insomnia makes you do strange things... Like converting an M4 into an airsoft/simunition hybrid.

Please let me know what you like most out of what you've seen so far. It'll help me to prioritize and I really want to get a dozen or so weapons locked down and ready for submission to TGC for their consideration.

I'll post another video eventually.

Finally, a special note to anyone who' been living under a rock:
The lovely furniture populating the testing area in the pics is from Locrian's "School Daze" pack.
Jhon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2007 16:45
I get an orgasm when i see the weapons. ( not really) They are still all perfectly modelled. I mostly like the ´KITTEN´ and the SOPMOD M4A1/203 Version B (what a long name ) Also cool is the M9 SD and the texture idea of SOPMOD M4A1/203 Version C. And, and.......... Like I said, theyre all ultimately coool.

Everything that has a beginning has an end
Jhon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2007 16:54
Another Thing: Was that just a joke or will there really be softair weapons, or the 3rd alternative, will there be just the M4 as a softair gun?

Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2007 18:13
Absoloutely SICK! Awesome work pal - very impressive. Even the bullets on the clip look super! If TGC dont do something about this pack, theyll regret it forever
The only thing is, for example, all the variations arent very user friendly, so they might just go for main ones.

Patrick Tew
Years of Service
User Offline
Words literally can not describe how incredibly awsome thse weapons are. They are like nothing I have ever EVER seen before, they blow every other user created weapon that I have seen out of the water....

When this comes available to buy or whatever, send me the link to where I can get them from, provide some kind of installer so all I have to do is download them and they install themselves right into FPSC and I will pay something like $50 to $60+ for this package of weapons....

I cant wait! Keep up the good work!

(PS, you should make some 'official' modern day weapons that modern day armies use, that would be ace!)

Patrick Tew
Patrick Tew
Years of Service
User Offline
EAI, what would be helpful and incredible beyond all belief (and also amazingly popular) Is if you did a set of video tutorials about creating one of your weapons.

For example:

Tut1: Modelling the guns in your modelling software.

In this tut, you could just make a simple gun like a hand gun or a rifle and guide the person as you build it, just telling them what you are doing and vocalising the key strokes.

Tut2: Texturing and UV mapping.
In this tut, you could make the texture for the gun and UV map it to the gun so the user can see how its done.

Tut3: Animating.
In this tut, you could animate the gun and make it clear to people how to do it.

Tut4: Making it ready for FPSC.
In this tut, you could do the final steps to make it ready for FPSC.

Even though I have given these suggestions, I'm not acting as if you have to do anything. I know that doing all these amazing weapons is a huge amount of time so if you cant do it then thats cool.

But the only reason I suggested the video tuts is that you are probably the best 3d weapon maker I have seen and if you could make a series of video tuts that completly show the user how to make their own weapons then I think that it could be one of the acest and most helpful tutorials ever.

Keep up the ace work.

Thanks in advance!

Patrick Tew
Drapes#10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2007 21:38
omg these guns looks sweet.

Don't do it behind the garden gate love is blind the neighbors aint
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
@Jhon- Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, the softair gun was just a bit of a gag but it may turn up somewhere, sometime. There are normal M4s that I haven't posted pics of yet.

@Smitho- Been thinking the same thing so that's why I'm trolling for comments to see which ones peope like to help me thin the herd.

@Patrick Tew-
Quote: "you should make some 'official' modern day weapons that modern day armies use"

The stuff I have right now is admittedly U.S.-centric and in a later batch, I hope to touch on some other countries when I have time to do the required research. With the exception of the "Kitten", all the M16 family weapons in pic update at the end of page 2 are in accurate configurations for U.S. forces. The M9SD is also in an accurate configuration and the 1911 is set up to closely resemble the MEU(SOC) pistol.

Tutorials are something I've been thinking of and have been asked about on several occasions. May be someting I look into after I have a product or two out the door. Though I'm not really sure about how I'd go about condensing 20+ hours of labor into something worth watching
mastercheif 193
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2007 04:44
Freakin' sweet Errant, this pack is gonna be huge with all this guns.
Patrick Tew
Years of Service
User Offline
Cool EAI, if you are gonna do some other guns of different nations then you should do stuff like guns that terrorists use, e.g. AK47, and also the guns of less well known armies e.g. of the middle eastern countries and so on. And also you should do stuff like, binoculars and other gadgets that a soldier might have. One more thing on the gun topic, it would be cool to have a silenced version of the guns so people could make covert combat missions.

And about the tutorials, your guns are so good that I would watch 200+ hours of footage if it is a set of complete video tutorials just so I can learn how to do it. I would even pay as well it were neccasary. The only reason I keep asking though is because the tuts would probably be the best set of vid tuts ever...!

Your doing an amazing job! Keep it up!

Thanks in advance!

Patrick Tew
filya
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2007 11:20
Quote: "Though I'm not really sure about how I'd go about condensing 20+ hours of labor into something worth watching "

I really wouldn't mind watching a 20 hour video to learn something from a great artist!
Seriously, you could split in into parts like 'modelling','UVmapping','diffuse texturing','normal mapping' etc so people can watch what they want to learn.

-- game dev is fun...but taking up too much time --
Patrick Tew
Years of Service
User Offline
I totally agree with filya. Video tutorials are the best kind of tuts because you can literally follow click-by-click what the person is doing so as to achieve the best result. And because EAI makes such awsome weapons then if he made a set of video tuts, each one on a different part of the process then it could really, really help people to make weapons and stuff.

Keep it up EAI! Your doing an ace job!

Patrick Tew
MikeB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2007 17:00
Awesome.

Would pay the price of a model pack for these with no problem

(@EldestDragon don't forget you need to actually buy FPS creator first)

Compared to this, model pack 5/6 look like the stock media .

If i buy this, Model pack 4, and the sprite pack, i'll be set for my FPSC career.

E.D.

EldestDragon

There is no snoop
Jhon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2007 17:31
I have an ideo for the problem with the different variations. Errant, U could make different packs for different prices with e.g. only the standard versions of the guns; and one with two variations or one with everything included. then the buyers can choose if they want all variations or just one standard model or so. Another idea would be that you make little "packs" with just one weapon (variations would be single weapons) in them. then we could collect our personal arsenals. ( I hope you understand what I mean)

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2007 18:21
Model pack one is without a doubt the best modrday characters pack. Also It comes with lots of segments, walls and entities.
Slayer_2

EOT
[img][/img]
Check it out here: http://eliteops.piczo.com/?cr=6&rfm=y
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2007 19:14
That M9's looking better now for some reason. Besides the silencer is the texture different then the one I have? All the weapons are looking great. The detail is great.

Loc

vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2007 19:23
Just when I thought the pack couldn't get any bigger or better, it did
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
@Loc- Glad you noticed. Yep. I finally got around to adding geometry for the takedown and slidestop levers, totally redid the UV and reworked about 80-90% of the texture. Same with the M16s. Now I have to redo the GLOCKs and DEagle. There was some hackish UVing going on that I needed to fix and I've refind my dark metal techniques a bit since doing those early guns.

@Filya and Patrick- Tuts are definately something on my long-term to-do list. Dunno when but someday.

@vorconan & Eldest Dragon- Thanks for the support, glad you're liking what you see.

@Jhon- Thanks for the input. I've never really planned on doing everything as one huge pack but it's sort of snowballed into that. Mini-Packs are something that I allways wanted to do but never got strong feedback on that notion. If I go the TGC route, things will be broken up into multiple packs to make downloading easier and to help recoup my investment a little.
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2007 00:00
Yeah your black metal textures would match my Berletta texture nicely. Didn't you say you were even going to do some female hands?

Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2007 00:01
If i were you J, i would post all the current M16's you have made in one post, then all the M4's etc, and ask people opinions. The thing is, any that arent chosen, I would put in a pack i would sell outside of TGC (If they choose to offer you a contract..).

The thing is as well, you are always producing "western" weapons, if you get me.. US sold pistols, and US used rifles in the forces, for example - If you catch my drift. If I were you i would produce some weapons that are stereotypical to "baddies"..
A few examples i can think of;

AK47 (I know its been done loads before, but you're style is above any other weapons quality..)
Vepr (Ukraine - Has the look of AK101, but the bullpup design of SA80/AUG)
RPG (You see them all the time in places such as Iraq..)
IMBEL MD-2 (I love this, since it reminds me immensly of the L1A1 SLR, which my father used in Belfast.)

I think this pack is going to be a huge milestone for the development of FPSC.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2007 00:03
Looking very, very nice, Errant. Still interested in my protection ideas? Not sure how well they'd work but it might help a little for those who are too dumb to get around it...which is probably 80% of the people pirating FPSC stuff at the moment Just asking since I haven't received any mail from you in awhile.

Also, you could easily charge FAR over $20 for these. Obviously they're worth at least a couple thousand if you were doing this for a big-time developer, but the FPSC community is a bit..er...spending impaired

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 20:50:11
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 20:50:11