Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / [LOCKED] EAI Weapon Media Update (56k Warning)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2007 22:02
Quote: "It's really not noticible durring gameplay but I wll see what I can do about adjusting vertex weighting or changing the angle to be more flattering to the hand model."

You lost me at adjusting lol
Quote: " It's a realatively low poly hand and this media has been in development that it's starting to show its age in places. I'd say the hands are between model packs five and six in terms of resolution and skinning quality but I'm more or less stuck with them."
Except for that screeny the hands look perfect to my untrained noob eyes I would say the hands are more like half a notch above MP6. Good luck with finishing this before the crowd gets to restless
Slayer_2

EOT
[img][/img]
Check it out here: http://eliteops.piczo.com/?cr=6&rfm=y
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2007 17:43 Edited at: 29th Apr 2007 17:47
Though I'm not familiar with their use (never had to use one); Jake is correct about not removing it because of loss of zero. I would imagine that the laser is aligned to the individual soldier's "zero", which means that that particular weapon is zeroed in using the soldier's eye (for those that are unfamiliar with zeroing in your weapon).

The soldier would paint or "glaze" a target through their normal sight aperture (or scope), to get pinpoint accuracy that todays guided bombs can produce. The bomb/missile uses the end of the laser (where it terminates on the target) to "home" in on.

Actually someone may be able to script in some sort of "call for fire" like they use in COD with the Binos (once you reach a certain rank). Since Jake has already supplied the "physical" aspect of the laser on the weapon, all you would need to do is have the artillery come in when you click a special button while using the scope.

-Keith

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2007 20:13
Keith - Triggering a random artillery barrage with a button using a script is one thing, but unfortunetly we can't know where the player is looking

henk
Years of Service
User Offline
Great pack but i have a personal question to you can you mail me?/
sportautos.tk@gmail.com
Thankx
Jhon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2007 16:28 Edited at: 30th Apr 2007 16:28
Errr... @Errant: Y would you have to make a scifi pack to include the XM8?

Everything that has a beginning has an end
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2007 18:31
Can you please make an RPG? I would love one of those! In BF2 it is by far my favorite weapon.
Slayer_2

EOT
[img][/img]
Dog
Years of Service
User Offline
EAI,

They look awesome as always! PLease tell me you are considering doing these for Torque aswell. Hope things are going well.

FADE Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Must Buy

Can't wait to see it finished, I simply love it! The best of luck to you

Manager Of The Soon To Become Known Fade Studios
Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2007 12:21 Edited at: 7th May 2007 12:21
I'm going to bump this so more people can see this amazing stuff.

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the bumpage. Sorry I haven't been on to give updates. I pinched a nerve or something last week and my left thumb is all numb so I haven't been using the computer a whole lot

Anyhow, I'll take the opportunity to answer a few of the more recent comments.

Quote: "anymore to come yet? You must be getting tired by now"

Vorconan , there's one more new weapon I've been talked into and it's looking pretty sweet but I'll keep it secret until I have something worth showing. But actually, yeah. A little bit tired. Need to get this all locked down before burn-out fully sets in.

Dan, Thanks for the links. I'm working on something now that will give me some momentum into the Euro realm of things when the time comes.

Slayer222 , just take from hat that I'll do what I can to make things look purdy

As far as the RPG request, it's been noted and seems to be a fairly popular request and so I am teetering on doing one. However, there are a few technical issues in FPSC that would affect the gameplay feel of it. At this point, If I made one, it would be a skill weapon requiring a little bit of a learning curve by the user to master. However, I'm thinking it may be best to hold off until after I know if any new gunspec commands will be added for the fantasy packs. Specifically involving limb visibility or alternate animations for weapons whos ammo is visible from the outside.

Keith, thanks for chiming in on that. I found a pretty sweet video on YouTube... Makes me want to learn to code!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ0B47vfCTk

Quote: "Y would you have to make a scifi pack to include the XM8?"

Jhon, It's because the XM8 program is dead. There are only a handful of working XM8s in existence and not a lot of spare parts save for the smattering of parts common in the G36. I suppose an "X-Weapon" pack would be more suitable, then I could inclde other cancelled weapons like the OCIW. I suppose the XM109 I made should probabily go in that pile too but I have high hopes that it will become the OSW choice due to parts interchangability with the M107 which would mean a reduced cost for taxpayers.

Dog, Definatly going to do Torque. Just don't know when.
Clone Gaming Prouductions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2007 02:44
That's freaking it! Errant stop posting pictures of these guns! It makes me angry that I dont have them yet.

Freewebs.com/jfresh5
Yep, that's my website!
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2007 02:45
Oh well I like the RPG cause it's a nooby weapon And again you lost me lol
*Slayer_2

EOT
[img][/img]
Clone Gaming Prouductions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2007 02:46
I started the 5th page!

Freewebs.com/jfresh5
Yep, that's my website!
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2007 02:48
[sarcasm]really how interesting[/sarcasm]

EOT
[img][/img]
yeroc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2007 02:50
yeaaaah! bARRETT RIFLE
sorry... the is getting to me
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2007 03:46
Errant, did you get my e-mail? Haven't gotten a reply yet.

farmer jenkins
Years of Service
User Offline
HOLY FOUR LEGGED DAIRY MAMMALS BATMAN! Looks great as usual.

I have a dream. I dream of a world where all colors and races are treated equal,and where mac computers are nonexistend.
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Email sent.

So everybody knows, I'll be adding additional reload anims to the shotguns so that they will be compatable with Airslide's shotgun reload code.
DieRider
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2007 12:18 Edited at: 8th May 2007 12:20
I havnt't been on recently, what is the reload code?

I'm going to guess that e.g. in MP6 the shotgun, if you shoot it once, it reloads with 3 shells, and the code will play the respective reload anim to how many shots have been fired?
e.g. you shoot twice, and so it reloads 2 shells. (sorry i was just too lazy to read/search about the code).
Am i on the money?

Well anyway, if so, thats really awesome!
Ah you should make a .22 rifle. They are really really really not very powerful but almost every gun manufacturer will make/modify their guns to use .22 short/long (hollow points i think they are). Revolvers also use them, so you could spam your levels with .22 bullets that work with a host of weak guns so that you always have a gun to shoot with. I hear they use them for school competitions (in aus anyway). But decades ago in a new zealand school i went to, we practised on heavy bore WWII rifles, man was that fun, also being a marksman for the NZ army, those were good times.

The sad fact is that i can read script, but i just cant write it.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2007 16:48
DieRider - Right on the money, that's how my code works It also uses the 'cock' animation after firing, as it was originally ment to fix up the mossberg. This could later be expanded to ignore the 'cock' animation after the last shot is fired, then pump it when you've loaded in all the new shots.

Jhon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2007 20:08
Errant:
Ah I see. I didnt know that this weapon is cancelled. Even in R6 Vegas it can be used and this game isnt too old...

Everything that has a beginning has an end
Duplex
User Banned
Posted: 8th May 2007 20:30
Quote: "Even in R6 Vegas it can be used and this game isnt too old..."

Thats a very addicting game!

Back on topic:

Those weapons are past anything I could ever dream of doing!

The Dup

If only you were me... Then You'd understand.
Artificial Stupidity
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2007 21:42
by the way could you make a mountable machine gun, maybe on the ww2 sandbags cause that would be cool

My head hurts
Artificial Stupidity
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2007 23:52 Edited at: 13th May 2007 19:14
It be funny if he made rude gestures a weapon.

My head hurts
FADE Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Still cant wait Errant, This will be so awsome. I love the melee and the revolvers the most, keep it up. (Going to be in the hundreds, money wise. Right? )

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2007 07:46 Edited at: 16th May 2007 07:53
More pics:

AK74M
Plastic stocks, windage adjustable rear ghostring-style sight and cleaner finish help seperate it from the AKM and RPK.

G22
Teh Glock .40! Fullsize gen. 2 frame (MP6 Glocks are gen.3)

G18
Hard to tell from the screens but this has the long 33rd magazine.

MP5N
This will be the only full-size SMG in the pack. The M633 SMG and M16C subcarbine are being cut from this group.

Hope you like.

OPINIONS NEEDED for DEAGLE:
I will soon be redoing the UV map for the DEagle and finalizing it's animations. What I'd like to know is what would you like the color scheme to be for it? I'not much of a DEagle fan so I have no set opinion of my own. Below is an old render with different treatments to give some ideas.

OK, some Q&A.

Quote: "Ah you should make a .22 rifle..."

I'll keep that in mind, DieRider. Back in the day, my friend had a 10/22 that I adored. A ten-shot .22 revolver would be funny too. The J22 pistol is likely the only .22 that will make it in for this run. However, I'll keep it in mind for individual sale, mini-pack or maybe even as a freebie once this stuff is wrapped. Olympic-style .22s would be fun too but I think to niche.

Quote: "It be funny if he made rude gestures a weapon."

LOL I actually had that as an easteregg in the mele punching animations at one time. Had it hooked up as the reload. Funny stuff.

Quote: "I love the melee and the revolvers the most"

Thanks, FADE Studios. I breath a sigh of relief knowing some people like that stuff and it wasn't in vain to do those.
tyrano man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2007 09:10
looking good.
About the deagle; my opinion is that black or very dark silver is good. The gold looks a bit silly IMO.

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Jake Cotton..cool name. Sounds like a character in a movie or video game. Like an overly buff 1980's action hero from Tennessee who carries a minigun and chews on a piece of grass, that's you, Jake Cotton.

That's how I will always imagine you.

Jake Cotton.

----------------------------------------
"Your mom goes to college."
My FPSC stuff at http://www.hyrumark.com
FADE Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Some more magic from mr. AI.

For the Deagle I would suggest the gold and chrome. In real life the Deagle's aren't black and the gold reminds me of the second Resident evil movie, (the gangster with the golden handguns)

Trinity Pictures
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2007 16:29
This is amazing!

Artist/Modellor of Encrypto Studios

Logo made at http://www.grsites.com/logo
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
LOL Bond!

But, but Blain dies early in the movie and doesn't get teh girl. Can I be Jack Burton instead???

I was laughing so much I had to reheat my breakfast. Thanks for that
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2007 18:35
gold all the way

EOT
[img][/img]
DOMRAY
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2007 18:40
blued and a camo one.nice work

It's better to Burn Out than to Fade away.Victor Kruger/The Kurgan
vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2007 19:45
This work is seriously amazing Errant, I will suck this pack dry when it's out. I can't even imagine what your games must be like, if you have started any that is. I've got to go with the 2 tone Deagle, it looks original, very nice. I had to admit it, I thought that the shotguns would be the last thing you made for the pack, shows how wrong I was, and I'm glad I'm wrong, I really can't wait for this. I'm just wondering if you are going to just sell these for FPSC or other engines too. As long as I can use them for DB with the nice shaders that's alright with me, keep up the good work, as you have done.
Artificial Stupidity
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2007 22:10
i think the blued tone looks the best.

My head hurts
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2007 23:22
Quote: "For the Deagle I would suggest the gold and chrome. In real life the Deagle's aren't black and the gold reminds me of the second Resident evil movie, (the gangster with the golden handguns)"

You sure about them not being black? Chrome and gold don't sound appealing for military use - and alot of pics online (Granted, some could be airsoft or something, but a few of them looked like the real thing) are dark or black. Personally I like the dark, blackish/grey look, as it looks more like the other military weapons.

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
DEagles are/were available in about one hundred different finish combinations and half a dozen or so different calibers. The Mark 19 (.50AE cal.) Was only made with a matte black finish but that may have changed over the years. I'm pretty sure thet the DEagle is used by about zero military/tactical units in the world (They're not known for reliability), so it could just as easily be a thug/found weapon. However, I don't know what your stories are so that why I'm askin.

Ok so...

1 vote for stainless

2 for gold

1 for chrome (or was that a vote for gold with chrome accents?)

2 for black/mil-type finish

2 for blued

1 for two-tone

1 for camo

That sound right?

vorconan , Use won't be restricted to FPSC. Airslide can verify that my stuff is usable in DBP. I will likely release alternate versions with more animations, shader maps and scripts if applicable in a different price bracket.
vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2007 00:18
Quote: "Use won't be restricted to FPSC"

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Also, when you mean more animations do you mean alternate reloads etc. That would be great for a game, random reload animations.
Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2007 01:07
I think the 2 tone looks the best.
DieRider
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2007 09:26 Edited at: 17th May 2007 09:31
i personally like the blued one, mainly cause i have a blued-aluminium (i cant remember the name of the chemical blueing process) mag-light. I swear its indestructable, and it comes with a spare bulb hidden away.
A black one looks good however. Why don't you include multiple DEagle textures that the user can change.

Also, (if you havent already) how about the guns that have scopes, include a variant model without the scope? If you can shoot straight on a metal v sight, you'll be 10 times better while using telescopics.
Attached is i think the first rifle i trained on whe i was young (just to give an idea of a .22 rifle). It's an antique .22 martini. The idea was that it teaches disciplne while using no scope (which it does in my opinion). But that thing didn't have a magazine, so if you were to make and animate it, you'd have to animate it so the hands drup the bullet straight into the chamber while the bolt is pulled back.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
MikeB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2007 10:07
If only they'd hired you to work on crysis...... your guns look better than theirs.

E.D.

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
vorconan, exactly that sort of thing. Alternate anims for empty and tactical reloads, empty states, idle interrupts (fidgets), melee strikes, ROF selector toggles and secondary firing if needed are some of the things I'm thinking about. Some of the weapons for the FPSC pack such as the revolvers will have alternate reloads for speedloader and normal reloading that the developer can choose between via gunspec.

DieRider, I believe the process for coloring aluminium is anodization. There's a ton of different chemical fnishing processes for steel. Sort of off topic but I've been most impressed with the Tennifer process used on Glocks. Have treated mine like crap for ten years and never so much as a speck of surface rust. That's a cool looking rifle. Looks like a mini Sharps or something. .22 are also great because they help curb bad habits like flinch reflex in a new shooter.

If you look at the VWEAP pics on the first page, you'll notice that there's a DEagle with and without an optic. I figure I'll do something similar to the stock commando and include alternate .X files for a few of the weapons for those who want to chose between scope/no-scope versions. As for including multiple texture variations for weapons it basically comes down to bloated download sizes. Some weapons such as the M4s have interchangable textures, so the developer can do some switching around if they like.

Eldest Dragon, Thanks for the kind comment. I would have hugged a leper to work on that game.

So, it looks like "blued" is on top with three votes and 2-tone, black and gold tied for 2nd with two votes. Thanks to everyone who have been kind enough to lend an opinion.
DieRider
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2007 12:09
haha, at first i misread and i thought you said "they help curb rabbits", which is true anyway, but yeah you're right it does really help.

Yeah anodization, thats the one.

Also, how many more guns do you intend to include, because i really can't wait to get my hands on these weapons. Also (i may have missed it) is there an estimate price?
I saw a weapons pack with half or 1/3 of the amount of weapons with less quality guns for $50 USD (made for a different engine mind you). I'd be prepared to pay a large sum of money for weapons of this quality, both model and texture wise.

And really, you do already have so many guns that my brain is drowning trying to process their combined quantity and beauty.

[off topic but still related to guns]
See in australia, guns are illegal, but im a collecter and, i laughed when i saw on my new licence card, it says

Real Reasons for licence:
AB: Rec hunting/vermin control (vermin control cracked me up)
G: Collector

[completely off topic but im lonely ]
I love old weaponry though, i have a host of flint lock pistols.
On my farm property, my cat recently killed a brown snake, and a goanna, it brings animals twice as big as it every night, i just thought id share it, because i don't know any other cat that can do that...and its pretty funny.

Random ranting over

MikeB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2007 12:19
Quote: "Real Reasons for licence:
AB: Rec hunting/vermin control (vermin control cracked me up)
G: Collector"

LOL

Quote: "On my farm property, my cat recently killed a brown snake, and a goanna, it brings animals twice as big as it every night, i just thought id share it, because i don't know any other cat that can do that...and its pretty funny."

Again, lol.

Oh and EAI, if you want to see the quality of the weapons in Crysis (which are nothing on yours.... except you can customise them etc.) just go on youtube and search crysis.

But yours are so much better, especially the grenade. (You'll see what I mean in one of the videos.... the grenade doesn't leave the guys hand )

E.D.

Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2007 12:44
I love to nickle and matte
Any word on the Americanized euro weapons you spoke of to me, or it the MP5 (which looks aweome by the way?)

Lolled good and hard at Bond haha!

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2007 12:56 Edited at: 17th May 2007 13:08
Quote: "how many more guns do you intend to include"

As few as possible. I'm just wrapping up weapons I started at the beginning and have to redo to bring the quality up. There may be a couple more melee weapons/attacks added but I'm very close to wrapping up work on the HUD aspect of things and I've allready cut a few things. Then it's on to VWEAP updates/creation and sound design. Cost-wise, I'll keep things as low as possible for my initial pack. Both as a thankyou for the support from the FPSC commuity and to deter piracy.

In the U.S., we have the ability to get Curio & Relic collector licenses which is great because you can mail-order firearms that are fifty years or older. If I ever settle down, I think it would be great to collect some old stuff. Starting with a Garand, of course. Something warming about the thought of having crate of cosmoline drenched goodness arriving at my door I guess. I think it would be awesome to make a game with historically accurate *really old* weapons... where you have to add powder, pack it down, ram in some wadding, drop in your lead ball, affix your priming charge, pull the trigger and wait a split-second for the reaction and then watch in horror as your bullet sails 20 degrees off-course before you switch over to the bayonet.

Quote: "completely off topic but im lonely"

LOL. Feel free to drop by my cruddy phbb forum and rant and muse anytime you like. It's low volume but the people who post are cool and I just deleted twenty-odd spamborgs.

edit: OMG I type so slow that I x-posted with two ppl

Smitho, yep. That's the one. And thanks for your vote.

E.D., lol thanks for quoting that cause I didn't see that line and missed a good laugh. That's one tough cat! I'll have to check those videos again. The first time i saw them i was just slackjawed at the n-the-fly weapon modding because it's something I proposed on a project back in the day and got shot down. I was just so happy someone finally did it that I didn't play close attention I guess.
DieRider
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2007 17:42
I'm utterly confused with your forums, wheres the post button?
I can only figure out that by pressing quote on someones post, it brings up the thing.

MikeB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2007 18:09 Edited at: 17th May 2007 18:12
Quote: "The first time i saw them i was just slackjawed at the n-the-fly weapon modding because it's something I proposed on a project back in the day and got shot down"

That's really harsh, I feel sorry for you .

In fact, so sorry, I'm posting the link to the grenade http://youtube.com/watch?v=9gsIzP9s_t0

Look at 0:41 seconds and keep watching the dude's hand.

But it's also an awesome video showing off most of the features of Cryengine 2

E.D.

EDIT: Forgot the apostrophe in "dude's" lol....... I'm a terrible perfectionist.

DieRider
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2007 04:10 Edited at: 18th May 2007 04:18
LOL i cannot stop laughing at how uttery [forbidden words] and [more forbidden words] that crappy grenade was, it so blatantly didn't leave his hand!

they'd better fix that, cause the game looks beautiful, but if you throw a grenade without throwing it, i dunno, whats to become of the other weapons?

oh i just noticed that your guns are the right way!
In any other game ive played, the guns are the wrong way and the shells fly across your face its really annoying and NOT TRUE!
Your guns are getting better by the minute (whether its you making them better or me finally realising their detail).

Andy Hamm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2007 06:52
You may very well have surpassed the official model packs when it comes to graphical quality. I really hope to some day buy a finished version of this pack.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 00:56:01
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 00:56:01