Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / [LOCKED] EAI Weapon Media Update (56k Warning)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2007 21:15
Well...we'll deal with all that later then. I still owe ya a copy of Vishnu from S4 and I. I haven't forgot. S4's just wood shedding right now putting so much in it, it's not ready anyways, but it's doing some amazing things functionality wise and protection wise. We'll get ya turned on soon as we can.

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Part 2 is up now.

MP5N, AKs and Kitten.

THe supporting hand on the AKs sorts of bother me. I'll be revising the draw anim and maybe the hand position. Sounds are probabily the most messed up on this video out of the three.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EraDLSJxRmw

With any luck, I'll have part three uploaded late tonight. I may still put the slightly better quality ones on filefront but figured I'd hit up YouTube first.

Smitho, I blame fraps and whatever possessed me to record in a large room filled with staircases :S

Father Tree, the room is set up on one of those earthquake simulators. At the end of a shift they just flick a switch and every thing gets tumbled down to the bottom for easy recycling

Loc, sounds great. I'm looking foreward to seeing what he's got in store. I should probabily check the Vishnu threads to see what's transpired since it was last on my radar.
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2007 03:16 Edited at: 27th May 2007 03:55
nice

your right about the AK hand, a tad 'stumpy'

but Ive noticed how much more awesome the reload animations are specifically when replacing the mag, very 'slippery' but in a good way.

slapping down on the bolt handle of the MP5N seemed a bit jerky, but thats all, things are looking amazing!

17" 1920x1200, 2GHz T2700 Core2Duo, 2GB DDR2, 256MB NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900GS PCI-E, 100GB HDD, DVDRW
http://www.redcore3d.com
FADE Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks Real Nice AI, Good luck to you.

Manager Of The Soon To Become Known Fade Studios
mastercheif 193
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2007 03:41
Looks awsome, love the animations
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Part three is now up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jqlq0gYVPlw

M4, M16 and M203 animations. Not showing all the variations in this. Just enough to give a hint.

Jon, I've since made some adjustments to the AKM and AK74, looks a lot tidier now and not so stumpy. I originally had the thumb laying horizontally to help show off the weapon but in the end, I think it just looked like the aftermath of unjamming a lawn mower with the engine still running. I realy like those reloads too. The AKs might be my favorite of the rifle animations. The revised AR anims are not so fancy but brisker than ones shown back in the day. Let me know if you have any ideas for improving the MP5 reload. It was getting a bit long having so many "stages" and the jerkiness is mayby the result of trying to speed things up. I agree it could use improvment, just not sure how.

FADE and Masterchief, Thanks fellas! I appreciate the kind YouTube comments too.
FADE Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
That looked... Awsome. I've gotta say AI, if there was a team of the forum's best to make a game... You would be on it, your a great modeler. I just can't wait to see this pack finished and for sale, Rock on.

AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2007 08:46
nice man, liking these. Will you be redoing them for x10?

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2007 10:18
Why would he need to redo them for X 10? Not like anything TGC has even begins to compare.

DieRider
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2007 13:45
Ah, after waiting 5 minutes loading on youtube, i get an extra 5 seconds of view-time. My internet is busted, im capped at 10kb/s and its killing me, i downloaded a few to many gigs of...things.

In a few days(next month) ill be good to watch them, but the few seconds of m9 i saw was sweet, and the blowback does look just a little bit slow, but most video capture in fpsc is retarded.

The sad fact is that i can read script, but i just cant write it.
Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2007 18:29
Those are so brilliant! I just can't get enough of them!!! I will be buying for sure

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Will you be redoing them for x10?"

Not exactly. I may release some shader map sets at some point but that would be about it. The UV mapping has allready been set up to work well with normal mapping (ie: no seams in strange places, uniform UV orientation, etc.)
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2007 02:44
Good work mate. Few things to point out, mind you..
Firstly, as youve already seen, the AKs' hands are somewhat postioned too lightly - It looks like he is not gripping the forend much, if at all. I think thats how you could improve it. Also, The Colt range.. I reckon, you being the firearm enthusiast you are have a reason to do so, but the Colt range of rifles are cocked incorrectly. Usually it is cocked using the plunger at the base of the "ironsights bar" (Technical term check? ). Im sure you know this, but have done so for a reason.
Another nit picky thing.. I feel the animations are too similar, due to the use of the same biped rigging (Again, technical term check? )
I think Some minor tweaks here and there would give each weapon a unique look

Sorry to point so much out - my intentions were good haha.

Dan

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Dan, it's all good.

The AKs have had the hand repositioned. I'm liking it much more now and will be updating the RPK also anlon with a few other minor tweaks.

The plunger youre thinking of is the foreward assist. It's used to help close the bolt if the weapon is fouled to badly to close on it's own (The foreward assist was added on the A1 and not an original part of the design). The animation had the left hand thumb sweeping the bolt hold-open catch on the left side of the weapon. If the weapon is in good condition, it shouldn't need use of the FA though the weapons themselved are sorta cruddy looking (and I don't think it actually takes all that much to foul up an AR) in texture design perhaps it was an oversight. In the end I was mostly going for speed on the assault rifles. To be completely honest, my animation rig doesn't support releasing the weapon from the right hand and the mesh doesn't permit showing the right hand side. If and when I do an M16 family weapon with "deluxe" animations, it will certianly be among the included animations.

I may still add a little personality to the weapons but realistically, I don't see much point for it because I figure it is likely that the end user would only make available to the player one or two (at most) of the same kind of weapon at any given time. Or at least I'd hope so.. it would seem really silly to have to collect seperate ammo for weapons that share the same ammo/magazines IRL.

Anyhow, sorry if I sound like I'm stonewalling. I'm getting close to the end, so my inner pragmatist is staging a wicked counter-attack on my inner idealist
FADE Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Anticipation is killing me...

Does any one feel that the Rambo Smiley is like nueutral? Not bad or good? Just between.

Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2007 13:55
Awesome.. I knew there would be some twist of technicality from yourself, Errant

FADE.. You're right... You just wouldnt trust him, would you? haha

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2007 18:39 Edited at: 28th May 2007 19:36
Hey Errant I know this probably isn't a good time but are there going to be any rocket launchers? Also are any of you guns going to use iron sights (besides the M16)? (aka a scope drawn to look like sights.)
*Slayer_2

EOT
[img][/img]
Check it out here: http://eliteops.piczo.com/?cr=6&rfm=y
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2007 20:37 Edited at: 28th May 2007 20:40
I know he originally created some insane looking insane ironsights. Ill edit soon with a link.

EDIT: Didnt take long to find haha
Click me, but dont bump it!

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2007 21:11 Edited at: 28th May 2007 22:10
bump what? [Edit] BTW Errant any ETA yet? And what is the melee weapons situation looking like? Do the bolts fly back on the guns like the AK?
*Slayer_2

EOT
[img][/img]
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2007 00:55
Check out the link i gave you.. It shoes the ironsights he made, which you enquired about. I was on about not to bump the thread I linked to, then realised it was too old to post in, buit couldnt be bothered editing haha.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2007 01:04
Already seen it but I've seen a very old vid of them before too somewhere on youtube... Thanks for the link. While normal people post something like: "this is sweet!!!11" I will tend to ask a lot of questions and hope they get answered
*Slayer_2

EOT
[img][/img]
Postal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2007 04:25 Edited at: 29th May 2007 04:28
Great work, no wonder you're in the industry. How did you get this good? I would kill to have the same level of skill as you.
Good work, yet again.
-Postal

Duplex
User Banned
Posted: 29th May 2007 20:50
search for it on download.com.

@Errant and his guns
Wow, amazing work, Liking the animations. Can't wait until the release, I'm dying over here, Every time I see that theres a new post on this thread, I put my hands together and pray he's put them up for sale.

But until then, I'll just have to use model pack 5&6.(No offence to the makers of model pack 5&6, although I must say I like model pack 5 the most).

See The Duplex Creations Website at:
http://www.duplexcreations.mdhost.info
Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2007 12:53
Errant, those textures look so clean an clear! What settings do you have when you export .DDS files? Everytime I make a texture on a gun in FPSC, it turns out all cloudy and sort of blurry...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2007 21:04
Quote: "it turns out all cloudy and sort of blurry"

that is most likely due to the fact that you have a low level texture filtering setting enabled, if you let FPSC decide, it will choose the lowest possible, either force your hardware manually to use anisotropic filtering and/or export detailed mipmaps with your main texture.

tschwarz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2007 22:41
We (fpsc users) are so lucky to have users such as yourself. Top notch work. I'll be standing in the long line of Errant AI fans waiting for my copy.
Postal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2007 00:11 Edited at: 31st May 2007 22:14
Errant AI
Nice work on all of the little details, do you have a gun cabinet right next to your computer? You must have a good memory to be able to model like this.

-Postal

Duplex
User Banned
Posted: 31st May 2007 19:26
Can I just ask you errant, Roughly how many layers is the textures on the guns?

See The Duplex Creations Website at:
http://www.duplexcreations.mdhost.info
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
LOL yeah... what Bond1 said

@Slayer_2: I don't know for sure about iron sights. They look really goofy in FPSC because theres no camera jiggle or anything like that when you shoot in zoom mode and they interefer with picking up dynamic objects. However, weapons with (IRL) zero-magnification optics like Aimpoint and EOTech will have a semi-iron sight wiew with the irons "co-witnessing" the electronic aiming reference. Sorry, no rocket launchers in this run. I'm thinking about releasing a free RPG after this run is wrapped up.

Quote: "And what is the melee weapons situation looking like? Do the bolts fly back on the guns like the AK?"

I haven't added any new melee things other than an alternative to the punch which is a Dirty Harry-style chop to the jugular. Debating on doing a zombie claws style thing too though not sure if it should be clumbsy and slow or spazzy and full-auto.

I didn't bother animating bolts on the AK. It would be wasted because you don't see that side of the gun when firing.

@Opposing force: I use uncompressed 24bit unless I need alpha, in which case I use uncompressed 32bit. Also, the stuff that Jon mentioned (Thanks Jon!). I'm using 16x anistropic filtering (and no antialiasing) for screenshots and usually turn it down to 2x when FRAPSing but forgot to on those last videos... hence the lagginess.

@tschwarz, Thanks for the support. I can't wait to start working on my own game so that I have an excuse to buy Signs. The little bits of enviroments I've seen from SinniNSouL has me inspired.

@Trinity Pictures: Thanks and I'm flattered but I think lists are a little unneeded. There are a lot of fantastic artists on these boards and I still have a lot of room for improvment, myself.

@Postal: Thanks. Yeah, I have a bit of "reference materials" on hand to help me out

@Duplex: For guns, anywhere between three and four hundred layers on average. PSD files run between 40MB and 170MB.

OK, I think I've answered all the new relevant comments. There's really not much more to show in terms of HUD weapons. I usually don't do this but here's a render of about 70% of the ammo entities. I don't really have the time to screenshot everything in FPSC but I can say that it all looks pretty nice in-game and there are working shader maps for all of the pick-up ammo and weapon entities.

Larger (1024x768) image atteched to this post for anyone wanting a closer look. There will be two to four ammo items for each weapon representing different quantities of reloads.

Attachments

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2007 22:13
OMG! (I swore I'd never post that but what the heck)...
There's enough ammo there to start your own private little war.
I would post here more often but there are so many good things I can say but someobdy usually beats me to it.
Let's try to keep posts on topic folks.have respect for jake and the killer stuff he is doing for us.

Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2007 22:30
Looking awesome jake..
One thing though (sorry.. perfectionist..)
On the box of grenades you have put the word "fuze". If it is the same word in mind, and not Military Jargon, the correct word is "fuse".
Im sure, as per usual, you are correct and have a reason behind it

Dan

tyrano man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2007 22:40
I think the americans spell fuse different to we do. After all they don't actually speak the same language as us, just a very very very similar one

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2007 22:47
Hey we so speak english ! Errant Have you used the sniper rifle in MP6? It wavers don't know how but it does. No RLs Slayer unhappy. I'm not very gun-wise so you lost me... again Ammo looks great. By melee situation I meant what weapons (like any knives or axes) I know there's fist and BN. About the bolts oh I didn't know that but in MP5 the bolt doesnt go back except in reloading so it kinda looks weird. Thanks for answering those question.
*Slayer_2

EOT
[img][/img]
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah. I thought it was strange too but it's how it was on my reference. We tend to swap "z" for "s" quite a bit.

On a side note. I had a lot of fun with thoes entities. There's a ton of little easter eggs throughout and I went to the trouble of looking up all the NSN numbers and whatnot to help with realism.

BTW, there's an ammo render towards the end of page seven for anyone missing what's in question.

FredP, thanks once again for the cleanup... even though Bond's post was sig-worthy LOL
Strelok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2007 23:42
yap , you are ready for WW III !
realy great work , the textures looking so real..
BTw , did you put on eath box your id ? like E AI hehe

Best , oleg
FADE Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Errant; Were you going to release the Katana and Brass knuckles as well with this pack?

DieRider
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2007 13:57
ah...fast internet at last (ist day of month).
being capped at 10kb/s would even make 56k look fast.

haha "thats a lot of ammo you got there. you gonna use all that or what?" in cheesy ol' west accent.

Always excellent work errant.

The sad fact is that i can read script, but i just cant write it.
Bill Bailey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2007 20:22
hey Errant, try doing a H&K G36. The rifle is used by the Spanish and German armies and is used in Far Cry and Warock with both games making it superior to the M4A1 within the game environment.

[url=http://www.crysis-online.com]

[/url]

Attachments

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2007 04:29 Edited at: 3rd Jun 2007 15:20
They look sweet

go to:
www.freewebs.com/futurefps
www.chainoffreedom.com.piczo.com
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2007 07:36
Hey Errant! This is an amazing amount of weapons!! You are really a god from FPSC. I just had one request: Is it possible to have the slides of the pistols stay back when you reload? That would top the notch!

Second EOT developer, Warren Gevers

EOT
[img][/img]
Trinity Pictures
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2007 07:24
Quote: "You are really a god from FPSC."

erm...I think he asked us to stop saying that...

P.S.
But everyone knows it's the truth. jk

Artist/Modellor of Encrypto Studios
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2007 07:54
Quote: "Quote: "You are really a god from FPSC."
erm...I think he asked us to stop saying that..."

Yep.He said if you just bow to him that's enough.
(Bows to Errant and his godly media making skills).

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2007 15:19
lol, lets give him fredP as an offering! jk.

go to:
www.freewebs.com/futurefps
www.chainoffreedom.com.piczo.com
Trinity Pictures
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2007 15:41
Quote: "Yep.He said if you just bow to him that's enough.
(Bows to Errant and his godly media making skills)."

lol.

Artist/Modellor of Encrypto Studios
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2007 05:48
hey don't blame me, blame Warren
*Slayer_2

EOT
[img][/img]
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2007 03:18
Errant, did you get my e-mail? I haven't gotten a reply.

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2007 16:06
Sorry for the bump, but let me ask Errant a question (even though it might be answered already): Will these weapons be Torque-ready, animated, and sounds put in? Because, whenever I get Torque with the Torque Lighting Kit, I might make Failure to Cooperate (a dropped-in-FPSC game) in it, once I get used to the application and how it works.

This is Mad-Man. Copy Mad-Man into your sig so he can rule the FPSC boards. How to do it? }+:+)+the message after the smiley=domination!
bass guy1669
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2007 17:39
no they are not torque needs .DTS and >DSQ files for 3d objects sorry

come see night shift at http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=106003&b=25 see you there
Fruitless CRUNK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2007 23:46
dude how did you have the time to do a GREAT THANG FOR US I WILL BUY

i had to make a new account im no noob my old name was 300 win mag
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2007 07:56
I already asked that he said he is considering it...

EOT
[img][/img]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 21:33:57
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 21:33:57