Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / [LOCKED] EAI Weapon Media Update (56k Warning)

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2007 00:49
I want all of these weapons so whatever it takes I am buying them all.

Puddin lover
Years of Service
User Offline
Can these be used in a commercial game?
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "One more thing on the gun topic, it would be cool to have a silenced version of the guns so people could make covert combat missions"

Forgot to answer this. The answer is "quite possibly". If you look at the thumbnailed editor pic in the OP, you'll see a lot of versions of things with silencers. I have cans modeled for just about every class of weapon that I've built to date but I've yet to decide if they would be worth including due to the extra bloat and the fact FPSC doesn't really have anything in place where the AI can distinguish between a supressed and unsupressed gunfire. (Someone please correct me if I'm off-base on that).

Quote: "Can these be used in a commercial game? "

Without a doubt. That's the whole point!

@Loc- I'll be doing some femminine texture sets which IMO can do a lot to slim up the look of the hand mesh but I don't think I'll be creating a seperate mesh at this point. Lookinf a ways foreward, I'd like to have a few different hand meshes (ex: nude, female, cyborg, etc.) but that's beyond the scope of this rev.

@Airslide- Definately. Still a ways off from having an actual need though. One thing I'm wondering is if an installer can be set up to duplicate files into multiple directories upon installation. ex: a minipack with five versions of the same gun but have some common components that are shared between them such as texture maps, sound files, etc. I'm most interested in solutions that can keep the download as slim as possible because my plan is to provide full-size, uncompressed, 24 and 32bit .dds files to give the end user maximum flexibility but don't want downloads to take forever or suck up excess bandwidth.

@Smitho- Dan, I really hope that I'll be able to do that if only because I think it would be really fun to exploit the Kalashnikov series as I have done with the Armalites. I've been itching do do 47s and 74s as well as the Saiga .410 and .20 bore variants. I also want to model a Skorpion and other cliche baddie weapons. Likewise, I'd very much like to do a NATO pack with AUGs, G36s, and European hardware. Maybe I need to throw in a token opposition weapon or two with this rev but it would be a little bit of a setback. I do like your idea to have some kind of voting thread to pick the primary variations and I think I'll do that sometime soon.

@FredP- <3<3<3
Puddin lover
Years of Service
User Offline
Were can I dl these?
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Were can I dl these? "

Nowhere. Unless you own a time machine.
ANovella
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2007 02:36
Wow these look great!

[img]
http://a404.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/3/l_cdc912b216799df63bac3faa0e5086c3.png
width=500 length=120 [/img]
DieRider
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2007 11:45
EAI this stuff is amazing.

You said earlier (cause im too lazy to quote) that you'd make some weaponry based on foreign countries. I think the australian army's Steyr AUG would be a nice gun to create.
see attached.
i think the australian army uses browning's even though they are quite old now.
http://www.theothersideofkim.com/images/2005files/Browning_High_Power.jpg

The sad fact is that i can read script, but i just cant write it.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Jhon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2007 17:08
I had also an idea for a weapon you (errant) could make. An X8 or M8 or whatever its called. just look at da pic

Everything that has a beginning has an end

Attachments

Jhon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2007 17:18
Sry for the high resolution of tha pic in my last post. Another idea would be a chainsaw. if you want you could make one too.

DieRider
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2007 18:52
oooh thats a nice one

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2007 00:42
Errant - To keep the download size down, yes, it would be easy to have the installer duplicate files and put them in seperate directories.

Patrick Tew
Years of Service
User Offline
It would be really, really good if you had an auto installer with this mod so that we can just download it and run it and it puts it all in the right place ready to use for FPSC. I highly recomend that!

I remember saying about doing foreign guns and stuff, and I thought, why not do other types of modern weapons all together, eg, RPG or bazooka, some kind of chain gun, explosives like satchel charges and C4, etc, etc.

They are just some ideas to bounce back and forth with, but my main hope out of these suggestions is that an auto installer is included! Keep up the good work!

Thanks in advance!

Patrick Tew
Godrich13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2007 11:18
Gack! Quit giving him ideas or else this will never come out!

Working on a secret project. SHHH! >.>
Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Gack! Quit giving him ideas or else this will never come out!"

Hes gotta a point!

JOIN NOW!Or be square!
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2007 03:18
Lookin' good! Might I ask, why do you have so many variations of M16A4?

I have some suggestions: AK47, AK74, M60E3, MP5, and a Winchester Hunting Rifle. Maybe throw in a Desert Eagle, and an unsilenced M9.

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it was too big
Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2007 20:05
He already has a Desert Eagle...

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2007 23:06
Has an unsilenced m9 as well.

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for all the new comments. Sorry I haven't been on to reply.

I'm taking a bit of Smitho's advice and adding a couple opposition weapons. Namely an AKM and an RPK. I'll post pics and video after I've completed animating them.

Yes, there is an unsupressed M9 and a DEagle but the DE needs some UV and animation tweaking. There are some Glocks too (including a G18) but they are also in the process of being remapped and reanimated as was done with the M9.

Quote: "Might I ask, why do you have so many variations of M16A4?"

I'm only counting two... with and without the M203. Is that really so many?

Anyhow, thanks for all the suggestions. They won't be in for this edition but maybe the next. Jhon, do you have any more ingo about the mfg. of that rail or the sight on that AUG? (Please oh please don't tell me it's airsoft).

Once the above are updated/completed there will be no new weapons added to this edition and it will be time to get vweaps filled in and sounds taken care of, then decide what makes it into the first pack.

Thanks again for the comments.
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2007 23:31
Nice one, I look forward to seeing the "Baddy" weapons, especially the RPK ... Will you be doing a clip version, or the drum variation (Feeding box)? If you didnt know, the drum version holds 75 rounds (usually..), and the magazine holds 40.

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
It's got the drum

They played Red Dawn on TV the other night and I couldn't resist making an RPK after seein that again.
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2007 00:00
Look forward to seeing that!

Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2007 00:07
Red dawn, that's a good film

Jhon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2007 00:28 Edited at: 25th Apr 2007 00:30
@ errant: i dont know if its an airsoft. i got the pic from somewhere in the internet but it looks like one. and i dont know what you mean. this isnt an AUG.

Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2007 00:53
Quote: "this isnt an AUG."

Yes it is.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2007 00:57
The one Jhon posted is an XM8 assualt rifle (is the 'x' still in there?). The one posted before that is an AUG.

AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2007 01:29
Hey Airslide, maybe you and I could make a modern day doom with this pack .

Haha.

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh, sorry about that. I got mixed up. It was the pic DieRider posted I was wondering about.

I have no current plans to do an XM8 because the development program was scrapped a few years ago. If I made one it would have to be part of sci-fi pack or something. Personally, I'm much more partial to the SCAR.
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2007 04:21
CRYSIS hey?

EOT
[img][/img]
Check it out here: http://eliteops.piczo.com/?cr=6&rfm=y
Huxy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2007 22:16
Very good lad.

Would just say one thing.. You got 4 versions of the SOPMOD M4.
But everyone is with a M203 grenade launcher. Remember, not every SOPMOD has the M203. Make one or two without and. And maybe add a vertical grip on some!

Anyways, GREAT JOB!

-Huxy

www.huskygaming.com
DieRider
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2007 06:12 Edited at: 26th Apr 2007 06:14
oh man i wish i had an M107 LRSR, they are 50 caliber arent they?

an AUG would be awesome, that other one i showed may have been an airsoft.

Steyr AUG A2 (see attached) has a removable scope so that you can equip night vision and infrared scopes. Standard factory scope does 1.5x magnification.
They can be modified to be equipped with an M203 Grenade Launcher.

Attachments

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
@DieRider- Yep. It's a .50 cal. Ya know, I bet that little optic device above the telescopic on that AUG in your earlier post is some sort of reflex quadrant for the 40mm.

Huxy, check out the below

You too, Smitho. AKM and RPK at the bottom.

New pics (OP updated):

93R

CQBR

M4A1

M4A1(M68CCO)

M4A1(TA01)

AKM

RPK

Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2007 17:44 Edited at: 27th Apr 2007 17:51
Ahhh sick. These look perfect. There look like the game Black. These weapons will improve everyones game look by a heck of a lot!

Urghhh.. I just cant believe the quality!

Good work, my man

Edit; What's that thing at the front of the CCO, that look like a Video Tape? I think I can see a flashlight on it, but not sure what it is

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Well all i can say is its looking dame good a released date would be nice lol.

Best s4
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2007 18:02 Edited at: 27th Apr 2007 18:08
Dang those AKs and RPKs look perfect. Can't wait Any ETA yet? Or did I miss it?
Slayer_2
P.S. The hand on the CQBR 1rst picture to the right looks really messed up

EOT
[img][/img]
Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2007 18:05
Sweet Jesus, Joseph and mary of nazareth. Those are absolutely fabulous!!!! Lol, I like the idea of a Russian EAI logo

Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2007 20:37
Quote: "P.S. The hand on the CQBR 1rst picture to the right looks really messed up"

It's not actually, its just different to what you would normally see.
If you look, there is a forehand grip, attached to the rifle. This is why the hand is different, since it is holding vertically

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2007 21:58
It's so flat looking but whatever my eyes must be playing tricks on me lol,
Slayer_2

EOT
[img][/img]
filya
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2007 22:01
fantastic texture work there guys!!! The weapons look too real...

-- game dev is fun...but taking up too much time --
Luciferia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2007 22:33
Erant, you are obviously the best modeller and animator in the forum but i can't see how any one could do that with milkshape or gamespace or any other commonly used software. Do you mind telling us what you use?

AMAZING pack by the way. i can only wonder what your games are gonna be like.

Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2007 23:00 Edited at: 27th Apr 2007 23:01
He uses 3ds max.

Quote: " can't see how any one could do that with milkshape or gamespace "

Not true. That level of work has the potential to be done in any modelling package. It all depends on the skill level of the artist. Errant uses 3DS max, that is the software that he has familiarised himself with, so he is used to it. If Errant spent a long time practising in Milkshape or Gamespace for example, the results will be just as good as what you now see in front of you. 3DS max is industry standard, but the amazing stuff that Errant can do, isn't because of the software, it's the talent, skill, patience, determination and dedication that he has towards creating his excellent models, textures and animations.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2007 23:02
You almost sound like one of those "do somthing" advertisements JK
Slayer_2

EOT
[img][/img]
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2007 23:23
Errant is a professional artist. He uses professional tools. I may be wrong but I believe two of the titles are like Ncaa basketball and one of the James bond series of games. If your unaware of his background, Errant's intentions were to use FPSC as a working resume for gaining work with other industry giants. He then took pity on us mere mortals and us peasants in the indie community and began to like not only this community, but those of all struggling would be developers for any engine.

We're glad to see so many new guys appreciating his work because now you'll better understand why we'll be having a lottery to sacrifice one of you FPSC virgins to the EAI deity. We shall now all bow our heads and chant in unison so it pleases the geometric one.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2007 23:46
For those of you who have wondered about Errant's (Jake Cotton's) background and accomplishments; I asked him to do a bit of a write-up on himself in our last Newsletter....check it out here.

-Keith

MikeB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2007 23:52
You are amazing.

How much for the whole pack?

E.D.

mastercheif 193
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2007 07:50
Wow, I missed out on alot. The guns look amazing Errant. May i suggest, even though it's in model pack 5, puting a P90 in your pack. I personally would like to see that with your skill in modeling in FPSC
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "What's that thing at the front of the CCO, that look like a Video Tape?"

Dan, It's an AN/PEQ-2A IR laser and illuminator. Completely superficial in FPSC but I'd sweat just about every pic I've seen from GWOT have either that model or the smaller AN/PAQ-4C attached to their small rifles and machineguns regardless of if it's night or day. I'm guessing they never remove them so that they don't loose zero. Keith can most likely explain what they're for better than I.

S4, Thanks, Man. Hope all is well with you. No ETA yet. I figure it'll stress me out less if I don't have to worry about slipping shipdates.

Slayer222, Glad you like them. I couldn't resist and made an AK74 version too. I'll post it later. Thanks for noting issues with the hand. It's really not noticible durring gameplay but I wll see what I can do about adjusting vertex weighting or changing the angle to be more flattering to the hand model. It's a realatively low poly hand and this media has been in development that it's starting to show its age in places. I'd say the hands are between model packs five and six in terms of resolution and skinning quality but I'm more or less stuck with them.

OpFor, I'm stoked you like the alternate logo! It's simple but I like it.

Filya, thanks, man but as much as I'd like to clone myself to work around the clock, I'm afraid it's just me. Glad you like the textures. I made some breakthroughs in my process for dark metal when I was making those revolvers, so now I'm updating weapons done before that time.

Quote: "i can only wonder what your games are gonna be like."

Me too! I'll be happy when I can get to that stage because then I can go ask noob questions on the scripts board

Luciferia , yes. I use max because as Opposing Force said, It's what I'm used to and what I've been using since '99. Before that it was Strata for Mac that I got free out of a magazine. Listen to what OpFor is sayin because he's right. It's all about time spent and familiarity. I should be a better max artist than I am but I spent my "pro" years making lowpoly dumpsters and other assorted level art crap. I'd probabily be rich and content if I had a passion for enviromental art like Rolfy does.

Thankyou, Cardinal Loc. I trust you are keeping the raffle hopper well oiled and secure!

Keith, hope all is well over at OG. I gotta pop in there again. It's been too long.

Eldest Dragon, thanks. No price or availability ETA at this time.

mastercheif 193 , Thanks, Man. I'll get lynched I think if I keep adding weapons. I'll keep it in mind for a future installment same as with the AUG. P90 would fit well in a Euro-centric pack.
vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2007 16:50
Looking great as always I don't know how you find the time to get all of these done so quickly. I'm not quite sure I want to see the price though, even one of these models could go for the price of a model pack or more, they're extremely professional, I wouldn't have expected less off you though, anymore to come yet? You must be getting tired by now keep up the good work

Vorconan
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2007 19:55 Edited at: 28th Apr 2007 19:57
Awesome idea on the Euro pack front, Errant.
The Battlefield 2 team realeased an expansion pack, that was European orientated, and I love it merely for the weapons.
I'm a sucker for weapons that somehow would affect myself. For example, I love seeing SA80s/L98A1's, SLRs etc, having known my Father used them in Belfast, for example.
Here is the Euro force website with the list of weapons, if you're at all interested..

http://www.electronicarts.co.uk/games/8048/KeyFeatures/

Edit; A fan site with renders;
http://battlefield2.filefront.com/info/BF2_EF_Armies_expand

The SA-80185 looks terrible, but I still love the thing!

ANovella
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2007 20:02
This is a must buy, if there not to expencive. lol.

[img]
http://a404.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/3/l_cdc912b216799df63bac3faa0e5086c3.png
width=500 length=120 [/img]
Clone Gaming Prouductions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2007 21:05
sweet baby jesus, these weapons are fantastic! I would give up my Wii for this pack!!! Lol
Quote: "an AUG would be awesome, that other one i showed may have been an airsoft."

If you keep giving him ideas, this pack won't come out until 2010!

www.freewebs.com/jfresh5

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 14:02:50
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 14:02:50