Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / [LOCKED] EAI Weapon Media Update (56k Warning)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2007 13:57 Edited at: 19th May 2007 13:59
Everyone seems to be moaing about the crysis grenade. Still its gonna be a hell of a game. For those who cannot comprehend its greatness, get the pc Far cry game. Crysis is at least 5 times better than that.

Quote: "You may very well have surpassed the official model packs when it comes to graphical quality.
"

Jon fletcher created model pack 5, some other guy who i can't remember the name of created 4 and its likely that this, bond 1's fantasy pack and jon flecthers fantasy pack will be made in to 7,8 and 9

My head hurts
Dr Distracto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2007 14:43 Edited at: 19th May 2007 14:46
i suggest you model something like the SC-20K from splinter cell

*pic attached

Clone Gaming Prouductions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2007 18:19
Errant, I'm sure you've already been over this, but when do you think this model pack will be done? Just an estimate or something.

BTW, these beautiful peices of art are fantastic! You should work for a professional gaming company!

P.S. +=

Freewebs.com/jfresh5
Yep, that's my website!
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2007 19:12
Quote: "You should work for a professional gaming company!"

How can anyone be part of this forum and not know Errant is pro?
http://www.ozarkgames.com/newsletter/anniversary06/

Heck Keith provided this link one page before this one......About the 7th article down.

vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2007 23:29
I can't believe this thread is getting pushed down like this, It should stay up top where everyone can see it. It's a masterpiece Errant, good luck with it.
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2007 23:37
Nah it's not getting pushed down.. Its just being temporarilt placed while we await more words from Errant.

Keep posting a pointless post like this one a day, and it'll be fine haha

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
DEagle is done. Finish ended up being a subtle two-tone and overall dark yet sort of glossy looking. I think it's a good compromise of what people voted for and looks sorta different than the norm.

And here it is with a scope:

Need to tweak the recoil a bit more but figured I'd show it.

That Crytek 2 video was awesome. I'm sure that grenade thing is just an early anim.

Oh, and yeah. I hate left handed ejection too. I know all too well how that sort of thing ends up in games but it's depressing and I don't want to think about it LOL.

Anyways, now on to updating the grenade launcher modes for the M203s.
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2007 13:54
excellent , im starting to really love subtle spec materials

though i think the dodge on the edges is a bit heavy, the edges at the front are slightly dimmer, but the ones at the back kinda look like a pure white line.

just my opinion, either way, its still awesome!

17" 1920x1200, 2GHz T2700 Core2Duo, 2GB DDR2, 256MB NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900GS PCI-E, 100GB HDD, DVDRW
http://www.redcore3d.com
vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2007 18:50
Awesome work EAI, I love the scope and texture on the Deagle, the dodge does actually look really good, gives the gun a unique look. I guess it shouldn't be too long before these are released? I bet every FPSC game in the showcase forum will have one of these guns, how could anyone resist.

Once again, brilliant work.
tyrano man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2007 18:57
Love the colour errant Looks funny with a scope

Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2007 19:18
I think the dodge looks fantastic as it is. Defines the weapon well.
Currently teaching myself how to create biped animations (Correct term?)

Trinity Pictures
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2007 20:57
awesome! can't wait until this is released.

Artist/Modellor of Encrypto Studios
Strelok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2007 21:09
WOW ...that's all i can say...
but how long did it take you to create that ?
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2007 21:19 Edited at: 21st May 2007 21:23
Thanks Jon, Technically not a dodge but I hear what you're sayin'. The highlights differ because I was going for a different finish style on the barrel vs. on the slide with the barrel being more of a semi-matte/lustre and the slide being more polished and a lighter color. I originally had a really bright faux-nickel finish on the slide but it looked like wielding a dang penguin lol. I may still tone it down a hair but I kinda like it and think it's comparable with my magnum revolver in terms of highlight strength.

vorconan, thanks for the comment. I still need to update M203s, tune some of the HUD anims (I keep FRAPSing stuff and noticing things that bug me. That's why there's been no new videos lately)update and create a horde of VWEAPs and sort out sounds.

Thanks tyrano man, I agree it looks sorta goofy but I'm really happy with how the scope turned out. With the elevated scope rail but without the scope it looks like some sort of crazy sci-fi beast.

Thanks, Dan. Let me know if you post or upload anything spawned from your new skills.

Oh and Dr Distracto, thanks for the suggestion. I won't be doing any bullpups or additional new rifles on this run but I'll consider it for the future. I want to do an FN SCAR (at a later date) which uses the same grenade launcher as the FN2000 so there's a dcent chance I'll make one eventually.

Clone Gaming, thanks for the comments. Check the FAQ snippet in the OP for release schedules

X-posted with Oleg and Trinity. Thanks guys. Not sure how much time total spent. I built and mapped it a several months ago and then recently spent a few days making geometry tweaks, rearranging the UV map and doing the optic.
Strelok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2007 21:45
your textures are killing me...i can't keep my eyes of it.
Any hints or tips for me ? I will be happy to hear anything.
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2007 01:44
Yeah I think the Highlights are a little overdone myself. Maybe just turning those layers to overlay would make them a bit more subtle. I knew you'd never use dodge.....You would after all, never kill a helpless pixel that may help you later.

Personally, since I know nothing about guns what-so-ever, and from a totally aesthetic point of view, think the gun would look better the same material as the scope.

Loc

Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2007 03:11 Edited at: 22nd May 2007 03:18
fine, highlights or whatever ya want to call it, i was just using the word 'dodge' as a term for the end effect produced

i think i understand why its also a good thing that its slightly heavy, as it appears to bring out the form... but i just think its sort of 'drowning' all the edges, particularly at the very rear.

crappy paint-over:

but then you did say the back was slightly polished so meh, im probably wrong.

p.s) dont forget to edit the glove with my changes

17" 1920x1200, 2GHz T2700 Core2Duo, 2GB DDR2, 256MB NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900GS PCI-E, 100GB HDD, DVDRW
mastercheif 193
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2007 06:18
Deagle looks awsome Errant
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2007 06:41 Edited at: 22nd May 2007 06:46
I'll guess I'll cast my piddly little vote in the too strong highlight camp. Just a tad.

----------------------------------------
"Your mom goes to college."
My FPSC stuff at http://www.hyrumark.com
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
eeek! I must have prayed to the wrong god last night LOL

Here's a image with a minor tweak to the thumbguard area You can see how the intensity blows out ala V1X faux bloom. The bottom six are all the same map.

I'll see what I can do to tone it down a little more on the slide though. I messed around with it earlier and details like the slide serrations really flattened out. I'll give it less of a half-aced attempt, I suppose.
Shadow heart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2007 06:59
beautiful rendering.

to the ones thats trapped inside of you, this is it!!
Duplex
User Banned
Posted: 22nd May 2007 09:15
I must be going blind,
whats the difference? Can you point it out for me?

See The Duplex Creations Website at:
http://www.duplexcreations.mdhost.info
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2007 09:54
The thumb guard (Right at the back of the pistol, above the thumb) uses less highlighting.
Looking awesome still, Errant

Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2007 13:16
nice update

Trinity Pictures
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2007 16:11
ha ha, very funny jon!
Am I the only one who noticed? On the glove it says:
Jon is cool

DieRider
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2007 16:37
When the edges are so bright and polished, it really depends on useage and how you treat your firearm. I like it either way, because both are realistic, but on the tweaked one, the thumb guard is too toned down i think compared to the other toning, though it is kind of in a curved angle where it wouldn't get that worn, at least the more inner parts.

Also, a scope on a hand gun? (not saying it like i haven't seen it before) Hand guns aren't accurate in mid-long range (based on my experience, which is mind you mostly with older guns)thats why you might see practise targets with people on it where you get the most points in the middle of the gut, people think it's illogical and you should get most points for the head, but in reality, when shooting a pistol, your best bit is to shoot the gut because there is more chance of hitting something critical than trying to aim at a particular part (espescially from mid-long range).

Although personal preference plays a role, and also how you're using it.

rant over,
oh and errant, your forums are so dead lol!

The sad fact is that i can read script, but i just cant write it.
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2007 16:41
No I noticed it but wasn't going to acknowledge it.

Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2007 17:00
only because you know its true

...hehe

@DieRider

im all for making the edges stand out with wear and all, i just thought it has a rather sudden blend for its size, almost like a fat white line

then again i feel like im talking out of my arse.

Duplex
User Banned
Posted: 22nd May 2007 20:50
Oh, I see it now!

*off topic*
Jon, did you get the e-mail with the model attached?

See The Duplex Creations Website at:
http://www.duplexcreations.mdhost.info
FADE Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Still wish you would've done the gold Deagle, looks all nice though. Can't wait til it is finally released.

Manager Of The Soon To Become Known Fade Studios
Foxhound7
Years of Service
User Offline
I feel like I'm playing BLACK all over again

*points to self* ...loved BLACK

Your signature has been erased by a mod
Trinity Pictures
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2007 04:46
Quote: "only because you know its true "

lol

DieRider
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2007 08:42
yeah jon i know what you mean, mabye if the brightness fades with smoother transition into the black.

The sad fact is that i can read script, but i just cant write it.
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Doh- I forgot the glove mod, Jon. I'll be sure to include the silent/invisible "H"

I'll likely mess with the DEagle map more later but honestly can't be bothered to do it at the moment. It looks good in-game and stands out against yet blends in with the other pistols I've done... If that makes any sense at all.

DieRider, I agree the scope is sorta goofy but there's no headshots in FPSC anyways so the gut's your best bet here too lol. I don't know about the rest of the world but here in the U.S. the DEagle is heavily marketed as a hunting pistol (I'm not 100% sure but I think that has a lot to do with them being allowed to import them), so they even come with mounting slots for a scope. Granted, there are far better pistols for hunting but it is what it is.

FADE, I might still attempt a gold version after X10 is out. Without the proper shaders, it comes out looking less like gold and more like yellow/orange Krylon.

So, moving on, some updated pics for M203s...

I changed flakspec settings somewhere along the way and it jacked up my callibrations, so I'm using the stock FPSC reticle for now. Undecided if I'll make a new calibrated reticle or not. There are enough variatons on head size depending on .FPE scale and character mesh that it makes rangefinding based on head size or character height sorta iffy. However, I'm open to suggestions for rangefinding solutions. Perhaps based on segments? I'm sort of at a loss.

Anyhow...

SOPMOD203 Version A
(M4A1, Carry Handle, PEQ-2A, Leaf Sight, short M203 Barrel)

SOPMOD203 Version B
(M4A1, EOThingy, PEQ-2A, BUIS)

SOPMOD203 Version D
(M16A4, Carry Handle, PEQ-2A, Leaf Sight)

Too tired right now to make the needed alterations for version C (the cammo one). BUT I kitbashed this escapee from the Black Mesa facility since I realized I'd allready made the needed components seperately

MP5-M203

Yet again, I blame lack of sleep. Not sure if I want to take it seriously or roundfile it with the other goof-files.
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2007 19:21
Ace Jake, looking awesome as per.
Love the Leaf-sight - makes it much more realistic.
Only crit i can think of, is that the MP5 looks rather overdone, what with the m203, etc.. Is the usage of the M203 on MP5, or even other H&K weapons existant?

Strelok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2007 19:50
looking great as always...but what size of texture you using ?
sorry if you alredy said but i don't want to read 1000 of comments...
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2007 21:01
Quote: "Is the usage of the M203 on MP5"

that gave me the random yet hilarious thought of an M203 attached to a pistol, or a little 'mini' grenade launcher

Quote: "yet blends in with the other pistols I've done... If that makes any sense at all."

that makes perfect sense, in fact it was the thing that tied me up when thinking about what to say when mentioning about the highlights.

so yeah, i think its great

great updates, i love the red sight on the SOPMOD version B

vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2007 22:20
Brilliant work EAI, these models will make you rich(er), I do not have a clue how you manage such perfect mapping, I can't see a single texture stretching, its perfect, and as jon said, the red sight looks awesome, do you have basic zoom images or the completely amazing ones that I was expecting?

On the whole, I hope you accept a pre-order, I'm getting this as soon as it's out.
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks guys.

Dan, yeah it's sort of over the top. I think such a thing has only been seen in the original Half-Life and Arnie's End of Days flick.

Oleg & vorconan, I'm using 1024x1024 maps for the gun and for the hand. Supporting maps for additional components are generally 512x512. I'm treating the weapons as one would expect to treat customizable characters. This makes it easy to reconfigure things to pretty much whatever I want with a minimum of wasted texture space. For slower systems, it also makes it easier to get a performance boost by reducing the size of specific textures rather than the all at once which tends to turn things to a blurry mess.

It usually takes me about one work session just for UV layout on a gun. After I lay out UV template, I export with anims to FPSC to make sure the light rolls off in a pleasing enough manner and then do A LOT of re-exporting as I continue to develop the map. I use an old Samsung 910T LCD that has a contrast ratio of 1000:1 and only texture durring the night. Makes it much easier to do subtle pixel pushing in the dark ranges. I haven't made custom "scope" overlays yet but I will down the road.

Jon, I think I have a concept drawing of something like that on the net Maybe I shoult mount one on a DEagle (LOlOlOl1!!11)
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2007 00:09
Quote: "Dan, yeah it's sort of over the top."

Like over the top? One word...
Rambo
haha, also, any Brits reading this now, turn over to BBC3 - Platoons on!

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
New video just uploaded to YouTube. It should be done processing soon and I'd usually verify it works but I'm going to bed

It's part one of three. I'll upload the other two over the following two days. It's about all I can stomach on dialup

This one shows autopistols and machinepistols. Yes, I'm aware the sounds are out of sync XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liPWsGsGmdM
vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2007 15:05
You've outdone yourself completely EAI, the pack has excceded my expectations by far, and I knew this pack was going to be brilliant to start with. I hope you are going to bring this pack out soon, or give an estimate price anyway, good work again.
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2007 15:44
EAI, might I suggest using different sounds/reload animations & sounds for the different guns? You can try to make custom sounds/animations, or download them off of http://www.flashkit.com. Trust me, I would do this before you release your pack. And the DEagle....it sounds a bit weak. Make it sound like a shotgun, with an echo!

And by the way, your pack is looking superb. I'd pay $15 just for the AKs' and that little Derringer. Keep up the excellent work. And, I suggest you march down to the TGC offices, and ask them to make this the MP7 or MP8. I wouldn't understand why you'd turn down that offer, I sure as heck wouldn't turn it down!

This is Mad-Man. Copy Mad-Man into your sig so he can rule the FPSC boards. How to do it? }+:+)+the message after the smiley=domination!
vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2007 19:04
AI - Errant isn't finished yet, just you wait, he'll surprise you even more and I don't think he would use downloaded sounds for his guns, especially in a commercial pack. Also, I doubt he will let TGC make this a model pack because only FPSC and DB can use them, I reckon the Unreal Engine, TGE etc. will make good use of this aswell.

Once again, excellent work EAI, I saw the M16 you had on Youtube aswell, you're doing great.
FADE Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh, nice. This is still a sweet pack. I can't wait, good work AI, but American Infantry is right, you might want to work on the Deagle a bit.

Manager Of The Soon To Become Known Fade Studios
mastercheif 193
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2007 19:53 Edited at: 26th May 2007 20:06
OMG, that is awsome the animations are very smooth, some gun shot sounds I liked and others I didn't, anyway these are very nice.

Oh and I found some free AK 47 reload sounds

here http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/searchText.php

Hope this helps Errant.
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2007 20:53
Looking great Errant. Wondering something: Did you make your plain site versions less accurate then your scope versions? My Berletta we discussed on your forum, I figured the first version picked up early in the game would be much less accurate then the versions with all the addons she got later. I know the user can do it...really just talking shop and this probably was more fitting of your forums then here.

Anyways great work man.

Loc

PS: So do I get an upgrade on the M9 ya traded me? You know I don't wanna use it in a game but I'd love to drool over your psd's and help my own work....hehe.

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the comments.

The video is just for showing animations. The sounds are all placeholder (as are the scope overlays) at this time because they are owned by TGC. I'm done making new HUD weapons for this rev, so I'll be looking into solutions for sound FX fairly soon. Thankyou for the various links, I'll look into them this weekend.

Loc, I'd love to send you new files for the M9 but I'm still gimped by slow internet connection. It took me 4+ hours just to upload that short video to youtube :S

The accuracy is pretty much unchanged and for pistols, the scope accuracy is about 25 so it's nice and wobbly.
Father Tree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2007 21:07
Wow! I would'nt want to be the janitor of that place....lots of ammo clips lying around everywhere would be maddnes

Anyway love the animations i would certainly buy this when it comes out, cant wait for the next update

Add me if you got Xbox live please -_-
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2007 21:14
Looking awesome as per, Errant. Only thing is, I think the blowback looks rather slow.. This may be due to fraps or something, but im not sure..
Great as usual

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 15:57:56
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 15:57:56