Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Phoenix Game Protection (v1 Trial)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2007 17:26 Edited at: 31st May 2007 17:48
VISTA UPDATE:

Also when you go to run the game in VISTA make sure that you use compatibility and select run as administrator. If not, you will get a registery error warning.

Program works flawlessly now on ALL version of VISTA.
32-bit & 64-bit systems. (64-bit is still undergoing testing no issues found.)
* Ultimate
* Enterprise
* Business
* Home Platiumn
* Home Basic

"Not asking the question to begin with is the only stupid question..."
Trinity Pictures
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2007 17:42
kewl.

Artist/Modellor of Encrypto Studios
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Great work FastBurst and mk83! (my primary Vista testers)

It seems that Vista isn't as much the beast as people think. It's a bit odd that you have to run programs in "Admin" mode on your own computer, but I guess the gurus at MS had their reasons behind this.

Note to Vista users. If you use these methods, you can probably get your other software to run on Vista that wasn't running before.

FastBurst
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2007 18:47
Dark is abolsutely right alot of programs they MS and others say will not work on VISTA, haha I literally have 1000's of programs installed on my tower since the Windows 98.

And out of all my programs installed, I had at most 5 that didnt work on VISTA and was able to replace the ones that didnt with Upgrades from the software manufacturers.

Windows XP first came out they all said the same thing they are saying now about VISTA.

If you read the Facts on VISTA you will see it actually requires LESS than XP but to have the FULL EXPERIENCE of VISTA they recommend you upgrade.

AS far as programs, the ones I couldn't get to work the first time, Compatibilty Mode running in XP or 98 made that program work. If it didn't then Running as Administrator did make it work.

I have been using VISTA for over 2 years now, well it was LongHorn now Vista lol.

As far as Phoenix goes. I have suggested a couple changes to DarkFact lets see what new things we can get him to add for the next releases.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2007 17:00
Very intresting guys.

(Didnt know Vista was out for 2 years already?)
FastBurst
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2007 17:19 Edited at: 1st Jun 2007 17:20
@Prince Of Darkness - Yup it has actually been out longer than that. You may have heard of it before its old name was Windows Longhorn. About 2 years ago they decided to rename it to Windows Vista. Once they did that they actually stopped devolpment on Windows 2003 Servers and began a new Windows server and now call that Windows Longhorn Server which is now in works to have that name changed because they may end up calling it Windows 2008 Server.

Just a little Microsoft history for you. But your asking yourself how does FastBurst know all this? Thats because I am a certified Partner of Microsoft and the company I work is certified Partner as well and I am MVP of Microsoft which there are only about 4000 of us. Plus I have Access to the Master MSDN which gives me access to EVER build of Anything that Microsoft has ever made or is making.

Sorry for getting off subject.
PGP works great on all system that I have tested so far. DarkFact and I looking at new things that can be added to it to make it more of a complete application.

FastBurst
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2007 17:21
WHAT SUGGESTIONS DO YOU HAVE FOR PGP?
I would like everyone to post what you like to see changed or added to PGP so DarkFact and I can get a feel for what everyone is thinking and see if there is anything that we are missing.

DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2007 19:37 Edited at: 1st Jun 2007 19:37
UPDATE: 1 June 07

I have entered a partnership with FastBurst to improve PGP, automate all web services (to include the ability of users to use their own validation server) and to distribute and support the Phoenix Game Protection system.

As part of the improvements, PGP will be able to package, protect and create installers for FPSC, DBpro, Torque, 3d Game Studio and any other indie game making software that does not provide protected media.

FastBurst
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2007 20:00
We are working hard to provide you with one of the best so that it can be used for any Game Development Project. As for the demo we are workin on this as well so that users will be able to make a decision on which will work best for them.

Trinity Pictures
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2007 07:09
Quote: "(Didnt know Vista was out for 2 years already?) "

Erm...it's not. it just came out in late January 2007.

Artist/Modellor of Encrypto Studios
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
It was publicly released this year. Developers have had beta access for a while now.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2007 07:54
Yep.I got offered the chance to be in on the beta last spring but my computer threatened to go on strike.

DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
LOL

My computer's not even "Vista Ready". Probably because I built it myself. My laptop is Vista Certified, but I know is way to slow to load the OS much less DO anything with it.

PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2007 05:43 Edited at: 3rd Jun 2007 05:43
Quote: "So you mean if I spend $100 USD on the dev version, I can only use it three times, then I have to pay $10 USD every other time? Please elaborate because I am having trouble understanding."

This is more then fair price. You cannot complain abotu $10 as thats less then a meal at a restauraunt. Honestly, if you are usign a developer version, then I would think that you are making some type of money off your game.

K.L. Phair
FastBurst
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2007 20:39
Yes Longhorn/Vista has been in Development for years now, and me being a Microsfot MVIP and an MSDN Master License subscriber, I can assure you that Vista has been our longer than you know.

As an MSDN I get access to everything Microsoft works on and allows us to Beta test or play with.

So yes it has been out for over 2 years, but only to the publics knowledge since January.

http://msdn.microsoft.com If you want more information.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2007 20:50
Whoops....I need to crank out the beta DarkFact sent me and test it, I keep forgetting (Wolf3D's got me too occupied).

FastBurst
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2007 22:53 Edited at: 3rd Jun 2007 22:55
Airslide, copy me on your results of your testing. DarkFact and I are working on re- vamping the PGP application.

Please let me know all your details including your testing environments and what the results are.

Sent email to you for details to send back to.

DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Whoops....I need to crank out the beta DarkFact sent me and test it"

Do you have PGP v1.1.0.10? That's the most current version. It works with XP and Vista.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2007 03:24
I think so - whatever's the last one you sent me

FastBurst
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2007 17:23
Let us know which version you have, if its no the new release, we can email it to you.

ANovella
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2007 23:40
Dark haven't gotten any emails recently on new versions

[img]
http://a404.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/3/l_cdc912b216799df63bac3faa0e5086c3.png
width=500 length=120 [/img]
FastBurst
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2007 23:51
@ANovella - we haven't release a new version as me and Dark are working to get PGP sales ready, along with a few enhancments that we are making.

Rick123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2007 02:33 Edited at: 6th Jun 2007 02:37
What are the differences between the standard, professional, and developer editions?
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2007 04:58 Edited at: 20th Jun 2007 06:10
Quote: "What are the differences between the standard, professional, and developer editions?"

The Standard edition has full protection, custom menu/splash screens/buttons and movies/sounds in multiple formats.

The Pro edition adds the ability to have end-user registration options.

The Dev edition allows for up to 3 re-compiles with your own icon and file info on the main executable.

My team is now getting PGP ready for sales. We've taken into consideration all of the suggestions and ideas from our beta testers and forum posters. Included in the new features will be the ability to change the splash screen image and sound, the ability to upload 1000 or more keys to your own server or ours for validation and many other protection related features that aren't apparent to the user.

The goal is to protect your media against the "normal user" who has little or no knowlege of programming to defeat the system. Phoenix goes beyond the "normal user" and addresses the "skilled user" with built-in anti-software hacking technology to defeat attacks.

No software protection system is 100% bulletproof, but Phoenix is your best protection against the "normal user" AND the "skilled user".

We will begin sales as soon as possible.

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Best of luck on your sales Dark, looking a dame fine product.

s4
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks s4, I appreciate the compliment.

alex 1337
User Banned
Posted: 6th Jun 2007 05:59
Hey, this is pretty cool.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2007 07:20
Looks very intresting that Comparisation chart of yours

Some great looking features wich are even included in the trial.hm,should check that one out soon.
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2007 07:26
Yes, good luck Dave. I'd check the A6 engine forums too (not saying you haven't but only seen mentions of torque etc.). Anyone paying 1000$ for an engine should definitely be interested in your full source version.

Loc

dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2007 16:11
Hey DarkFact,

Could you upload a small FPSC game you've made using the best version of your protection for 'testing' purposes? after all how can users trust a product without a good demo .

That C++ Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
I've seen many, many softwares in the past few years, and have to say, Phoenix Game Protection has to have the most options I've ever seen for such a small program. Unlike other "packing" programs, Phoenix combines security, customization, and a lot more options. I recommend this program over all others.

-That C++ Nerd
MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2007 01:36
I have been testing Phoenix for Dave, and I have to say it is one tuff program. It is all he says it is. And works great. Really easy to use too.
Quote: "No software protection system is 100% bulletproof"
But this one is made with Kevlar.

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2007 04:28
Wow Darkfact, I forgot to tell you this, but last weekend I had my hacker friend try to crack Pheonix and he couldn't do it . I tried too and I couldn't think of anything. I even tried writing a program to get back to the desktop if I hit a certain hotkey, but that didn't work either.

DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
@dark coder: In a few days, we will release a fully functional Demo that you can use to test all you like before purchasing. The current beta (v1.1.0.10) is 90% there, but I'm writing some additional protection methods to help against "skilled user" attacks.

You programmers will be the hardest group to convince because it's too easy to write your own programs to defeat our system. Our goal is to try to out-think you. We'll get it as secure as possible before our official release, but don't expect it to be bulletproof. You know if there's a will, there's a way.

@c++ nerd: Thanks for the vote of confidence!

@mk83: Thanks again, man. Expect a new version for testing in a few days. Probably this weekend.

@Inspire: Thanks for going that extra mile! There's no way we'll be able to think of everything or fix EVERY potential hole. There is one guarantee though: No average computer user will be able to defeat Phoenix when we're done.

Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2007 22:02
@DarkFact:

Next time your in Atlanta, look me up.

Your mod has been erased by a signature
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
@Cellbloc: You got it.

I have put the finishing touches on v1.1.11 this afternoon, but I have to get ready for work now. I will get v1.1.12 out to testers this weekend because v1.1.11 doesn't have a couple protection features implemented yet.

DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
I got home early tonight, so v1.1.0.11 beta is out to testers.

Note: The packaged game and all mm files are compressed 70% on average. This means your 100MB game plus multimedia files not included in the game directory are compressed to less than 30MB using LZMA compression.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2007 07:20
Well,This certainly makes the life of DOWNLOADING and UPLOADING FPC Creator games easyer.

One thing,

Maybe adding if no Lisence key is entered,A demo like lisence?that it will stop running after a set amount of time?And notify you to purchase the full version with an URL link?
MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2007 15:54 Edited at: 8th Jun 2007 15:57
I just finished testing a one level game with the newest beta of Phoenix, and have to report that it worked perfectly. I also tested with a 4 level game and it worked perfectly as well. Folks who buy this will be absolutely pleased.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2007 15:58
Darkfact,i have a rather simple question,Will this application allow Shell("") and Execute File "","","" commands?(VB.net and Dark Basic Professional)

As i like to make menu's.And does it allow WRITING settings/progress whatever files from external included apps?
FastBurst
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2007 18:04
PGP works perfectly on Vista. Just tested the new version.

@ Prince of Darkness, these are things we are currently concidering, as for the Demo licensing option you mentioned, that is something I am currently working on as well.

Plus I am currently creating a webser application fo rhte PGP to talk to so that when you purchase the product you can run your own licensing server to verify the license status and relay it back to the pgp_launch.exe to see if can run or not.

More info to follow.

acefoo
Years of Service
User Offline
DarkFact: When do you hope to have PGP out by
FastBurst
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 00:06
We hope to have PGP out by end of month if not sooner. The reason for ht edelay is we are still adding features as well as a stand alone web server application that you will be able to use and uplaod to your own servers so that you have total control over the PGP Processes.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2007 10:47
Quote: "@ Prince of Darkness, these are things we are currently concidering, as for the Demo licensing option you mentioned, that is something I am currently working on as well.

Plus I am currently creating a webser application fo rhte PGP to talk to so that when you purchase the product you can run your own licensing server to verify the license status and relay it back to the pgp_launch.exe to see if can run or not."

Ah,Good to hear,As the registration system might else get overloaded with keys of people if DarkFact hosted all.

All those intresting idea's you two are implenting are great,This will definatly be a product with so much time and work in it,It will be more then worth to buy it.
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
UPDATE: 9 June 07

Feature Prototype: PGP Menu Designer

Startup Screen:

Moving PNG button with transparency. Button is autosized to image.

Using standard JPG images. Background image is autosized to screen.

Demo Video: SWF 10MB

Addional features planned are to add external file execution capabilities, changing the default splash image and background audio and allowing you to set an option so the Launch screen begins the game automatically instead of providing the end-user a "Launch" button.

MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2007 03:44 Edited at: 10th Jun 2007 03:45
The video looks awesome. What version or versions of PGP will this be in?

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2007 07:50
Wow, DarkFact. Lookin' really good. Pheonix is looking absolutely spectacular. One small suggestion to what you currently have: you should allow the user to input their own X and Y coordinates where it says the Launch and Exit button's location. This would make tweaking their locations much easier.

Again, looking great, looking forward to more updates.

- Inspire -

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2007 12:09 Edited at: 10th Jun 2007 12:12
Another great feature added in Phoenix,We can all see DarkFact wants this to be as Professional as possible

EDIT:

And Inspire is right,we should be able to set our costum X and Y axisses.

Editited out some spelling mistakes

DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
@mk83. It will be standard on all versions

@Inspire. Well, you are setting the x/y coords. You're just doing it graphically. When you move the control, the x/y coords are updated automatically down to the screen pixel. I can make it so you can type in the x/y, but that defeats the purpose of having a graphical system. I'll put it in for you.

@Prince of Darkness: I do want this to be as professional as possible. I learn a bit more every day and implement what I've learned.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2007 08:18
Ah,I see.

Anyway,A suggestion for buttons on the launch menu :
-A Website button(Optional)

With this being Optional people DO NOT have to make that button,but if they make it it links to their website.

Just an Idea.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 21:23:19
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 21:23:19