Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Phoenix Game Protection (v1 Trial)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2007 02:28
@DarkFact sounds good to me, Web App is about done, all the other enhancements and changes we want to add can be done once we publish. For now, all key elimates are in place and shold be ready by Wed for sales. Shoot me over the new codes when you get a chance. Curisou to see what else you have done =)

Thanks everyone.

"Not asking the question to begin with is the only stupid question..."
alex 1337
User Banned
Posted: 10th Jul 2007 05:51
@FastBurst-I think you are a bit mistaken with the login. For the user login, my computer sends me to the admin area. I can edit keys and etc, when I am in the user mode. I think something is wrong with the demo...

DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
@alex 1337: No that's the user area. When you buy Phoenix Pro, you'll get a login to the user area. Once logged in, you can create a game entry, upload your keys and edit them as needed.

I believe FastBurst is also working on a system where you can Sell your games and track your sales from within the same interface.

alex 1337
User Banned
Posted: 10th Jul 2007 08:04
Oh I thought that the user login area was for the people that bought the game and wanted to activate it. Then what does the customer login look like?

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2007 09:12
I guess that comes from within the game.exe itself Alex.

It will prompt for your serial as far as i remember as he planned it.

FastBurst
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2007 20:53
Okay once I get everything into place we plan on adding all that.

Currently what we have is the Admin area which will be for DarkFact and myself to admin, for sales and client creation. We will also be able to see overall everything, how many keys and games etc etc.

If you get the Developer or Enterprise editions you will get your own web app for your server so you can have total control. Editions are still in the works.

The User area is for clients. Currently you will be only ones that have access to this area. You can see all your games and keys and see the status of these.

You can override or admin hey keys and games, as well as registrations.

Here are hte plans I have once we start sales.
* Add a client user login for Clients that re-seller or sell their games and keys so they can have a mini-admin.
* Add sales and tracking ability for clients and admins
* Add Helpdesk Support System and tracking.
* Add a bug tracking for Clients so they can track bugs in their games or whatever
* Add a user sign-up form for Clients with mini-admin support.

If you have anything else you would like to see done or added in the web app please let me know ASAP.

DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
UPDATE:

I'm probably going to pretty up this tool bar and leave it in. I was using it for debugging.

FastBurst
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2007 23:50
How about adding more resolution options?

DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "How about adding more resolution options?"

I can add any and all that FPSC supports. The only real issue is that the background images, game loading bar (in-game) and HUD images get distorted. That's beyond my control, though.

I'm uploading a new demo game right now. Should be ready for download in about an hour...

incense
Years of Service
User Offline
When I go to http://www.btt-scripts.com/PGP/ and log in with the user login, I get to the interface and have to scroll side to side but there is no scroll bars to do that with. I had to click and drag to move the screen to read all that was there. Very troublesome. But other than that it looks really good.

The person that now knows the most started with many questions. Patients and tolorance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. http://gamedesigntech.byethost7.com/
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I had to click and drag to move the screen to read all that was there. Very troublesome. But other than that it looks really good."

I noticed that, too with IE6 or IE7. In Firefox it's beautiful...of course.

DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2007 07:16 Edited at: 12th Jul 2007 07:54
@FastBurst: I sent you message about the new sql results. Did you get it?

dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2007 11:18
I would upload a picture of the latest You Cracked It...jpg however it's the same as last time so there is no point

FastBurst
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2007 18:32 Edited at: 11th Jul 2007 18:32
Quote: "When I go to http://www.btt-scripts.com/PGP/ and log in with the user login, I get to the interface and have to scroll side to side but there is no scroll bars to do that with. I had to click and drag to move the screen to read all that was there. Very troublesome. But other than that it looks really good."

What screen resolution was your desktop set at?

I ask because I have 4 - 22inch Widescreens so my resolution is 1680 x 1050 so I see everything perfect. I keep forgetting that not everyone has what I have. So I can change certain things on it no big deal. I just need to know what size so I know how to size some columns.

@ DarkFact, got your IM sent you an email on what to change. Turns out some are case sensitive.

DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2007 18:36 Edited at: 12th Jul 2007 07:54
Quote: "What screen resolution was your desktop set at?
"

Mine is set to 1280x1024 on my Desktop and I have the same issue in IE, but it works fine in FireFox.....::::switch to firefox...jedi mind trick::::

FastBurst
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2007 19:00
@ DackFact what IE are you using?

I just set my desktop on my towers and laptops to 1280x1024. I am using IE 7.0 and both logins for Admin as well as the user look fine. I didnt get a sideways scrolling on any of the pages.

DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "@ DackFact what IE are you using? "

Well, I don't "use it", but I have IE6 installed still. I never allowed Windows Update to install IE7.

incense
Years of Service
User Offline
@FastBurst: I have vision issues and can't have my screen resolution any higher than 1024X768. If it goes any higher I can't read whats on the screen. There are some people that still run at 800X600. I know that some people think that is silly but untill the entire world is convinced to do different it will continue the way it is. LOL

I have certain limitaions and I am sure that there might be others that do to. They may be members of the community already or they may be future members. It would just be nice to allow for everyone to be able to use the tools and toys farely. No matter what browser they use or the resolution of there screen.

Im just one of thoes all around fare guys I suppose.

Thanks for the open ear. You are doing a really great job. the speed that this project is moving at is incredible.

The person that now knows the most started with many questions. Patients and tolorance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. http://gamedesigntech.byethost7.com/
FastBurst
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2007 02:29
Eveyrone the Web App for the User Side is now complete.

Finishing up Admin side and as soon as DarkFact is completed he side I would say Friday we are ready for sales.

DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
I found a way to allow Windows Task Manager to run during game play that doesn't compromise the protection methods now. I have coded a Task Manager clone that allows you to stop non-responsive processes, but doesn't have the security holes opened with the use of Windows Task manager. I can make it use either one...any opinions on this?

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2007 10:10
Hmm,for protection i'd said use your own...But for shutting down apps you dont need i'd say use Windows....hmmm....

incense
Years of Service
User Offline
@FastBurst: The website at http://www.btt-scripts.com/PGP/ will not load. "Cannot be displayed"

DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2007 16:21 Edited at: 12th Jul 2007 17:26
Quote: "But for shutting down apps you dont need i'd say use Windows"

My clone uses the same method as Windows to close a non-responsive application...If it's not responding, you can't "close" it, but you can "kill" it. They both work the same way. For now, I'm going with my own version as it does the same thing. To run applications while playing the game, you can use the Windows keyboard shortcut.

Screenshot: Settings with Game Task Manager and Windows Messenger

FastBurst
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2007 18:13
Quote: "@FastBurst: The website at http://www.btt-scripts.com/PGP/ will not load. "Cannot be displayed""

@insence I clicked on the link on got there fine. The server it is on has been running now for about 3 years.

Is anyone else having any issues hitting the server.

DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Is anyone else having any issues hitting the server."

I tried after Incense posted and I couldn't get there either. It's good now, though. I have 7 active sites for over 4 years and I can attest that NO server has 100% up-time.

FastBurst
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2007 19:57
Interesting. This server has not been shut down. however I can't control DNS or the internet routing. Oh well.

EVERYONE -
Please do not delete or change the user(s) or passwords. I have placed a few notifications in the system to have you verify if you want to delete or proceed. I noticed that someone went in and deleted ALL the users. Please respect the demo server.

DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
UPDATE!

FastBurst and I have successfully gotten the Game app and the Web app to interface. I registered my game with the online option and played the level. Then I reset the registration data and tried to re-register online with the same key. The message returned was "This key has already been registered!".

This was fully automated with absolutely no interaction between myself as the gamer and (myself) as the developer! Sweet. Great work, FastBurst!

Duplex
User Banned
Posted: 14th Jul 2007 10:15
Nice!

Duplex Creations Has now teamed up withX games.
Urban Pack WIP
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2007 04:26 Edited at: 15th Jul 2007 04:34
I am really super mega excited about PGP and the new webserver.
I am biting at the bit and really want to get my copy of PGP in a bad way.
It's going to be sooooo coool!!

I am basing my entire game building and sales on PGP.

I have a plan that requires PGP and I can do nothing till it is for sale.

But I am waiting and will be soooo happy when I get my copy.

Carry on super programmers!!

crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
When are we actually going to see a demo for this?

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it was spam
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2007 05:58 Edited at: 15th Jul 2007 06:01
Quote: "When are we actually going to see a demo for this?"

This thread has been active since early May and in that time more than 15 different game demos/application demos have been posted plus many video demonstrations of the software at various stages.

To maintain current information, old/obsolete demos are removed until I'm ready to put up the latest one.

You'll actually see a demo for this when I post one.

@incense: Thanks for the support and your enthusiasm. The web app, game app and Phoenix setup app are done, we're just doing final polish and testing. FastBurst doesn't "work" on weekends like I do, so on Monday we'll set a hard date for the release.

crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, it might be a good idea to post one soon, because I'm starting to loose intrest in the product, I'm sick of waiting.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2007 13:11
And?If you have no patience maybe you should find another hobby since game development requires quite a bit.
These people want to put out a good product and if you have to wait a little longer then you can just wait.

Please have mercy and use the search function.
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
crispex said:
Quote: "Well, it might be a good idea to post one soon, because I'm starting to loose intrest in the product, I'm sick of waiting."

FredP said:
Quote: "And?If you have no patience maybe you should find another hobby since game development requires quite a bit.
These people want to put out a good product and if you have to wait a little longer then you can just wait."

Or you could just lose interest like you said and go away. Either way it takes as long as it takes.

Make your own decisions. Don't let FredP or Me or anyone tell you what to do. Just do what you feel you must.

I do agree however that patience is the best course of action. This product is really shaping up. You can always go and spend money on something else, and then spend money on this if you find that this is the better product after all. Or you could just wait for them to finish this and spend money on PGP in the first place.

What ever trips your trigger.

crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, but the product looks so good, and I want to try it, before I move on to a diffrent product, because once I find something I like, I stick with it, hopefully it will be this.

DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I want to try it, before I move on to a diffrent product"

The only other product available at this time with real-time protection is Vishnu. If you can't wait, I suggest you buy it. It's only around $12 so even if you want Phoenix later you should still be able to buy it.

fata error
Years of Service
User Offline
hmmm nice count me as a customer if i ever make a comercial quality game (unlikley)
lol

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb139/chrishind10/x10.gif
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2007 15:02 Edited at: 16th Jul 2007 15:03
Quote: "I want to try it, before I move on to a diffrent product"

Its better to wait for a product so all fixes are made and any bugs are sorted out,if you cant wait you could buy vishnu and then get Phoenix later.

Product looking dame nice dark hope you get it sorted and out soon.

best s4
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
@fata error: Great! We'll be ready in just a few days. I have the Trial Edition completed (fully functional with nag screens) and will upload it upon approval of my partner.

@s4real: Thanks man. It's going great, just putting on the polish.

@All Beta Testers: I just emailed the Trial to you. Read the email and respond with your Dev info once again please.

Sly
Years of Service
User Offline
Ah,I just replied to your email,Also with some more explanation why i lisenced it that way,and why i did not post over here.

I hope you understand.

Anyway,

You two have made some great progress as far as i have seen/read.it looks very proffesional.and it already was professional when the first Pro version came out.

Lets hope many more people will use this product.as it is just a great thing to use and have for protecting your games.Even if the game is just Stock media.This will decrease filesize and no one will be able to steal ANYTHING for use within a different engine,or this one.

Thank you for this great product DarkFact.you are doing a great job.

-Sly
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
@Sly: No problem, I understand your intentions on the license and that's cool. I sent out the patches for the new website addresses this morning, btw.

FastBurst
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2007 01:50
EVERYONE!

We are nearly ready for sales and are shooting for this Friday by end of business to be ready for sales.

http://www.phoenix-sentry.com Is the Website and you can get a sneak peak but you will not be able to navigate past the main page as of yet.

DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2007 17:41 Edited at: 19th Jul 2007 17:42
@FastBurst: Hey nice Phoenix Logo! Send me a copy, will ya? Site's looking nice, man.

creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2007 17:45
Hey Darkfact,im not sure how to use the online Validation. Can you tell me how?

cheers

Josh

DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2007 18:39 Edited at: 19th Jul 2007 21:11
@COZ: Hi Josh, it's pretty easy.

5MB Video Tutorial SWF : Create/Import Registration Keys

5MB Video Tutorial SWF : Game Setup

Video Tutorial SWF : Media Setup

Video Tutorial SWF : Keys/Installer Setup

Video Tutorial SWF : Keys/Installer 2

1) Before or After you process a game with Phoenix, click on the Key icon in the top toolbar. Set the number of keys up to 999 per iteration. Open the Phoenix Web Application and log into your account. Create your game in the account if it doesn't exist yet. Note your UserID and GameID.

2) In Phoenix, enter your UserID and GameID in the appropriate input boxes. These values are saved on exit, so make sure you have the right GameID entered.

3) Generate the Key set, then save the keyset.

4) In the root directory of Phoenix, a new folder has been created that is something like: Keys_1152609_GameID-26765. This folder is unique to the keyset that you just created. In the folder there are two files: recorded_keys_GameID-26765.rtf and upload_keys_GameID-26765.txt

5) Open the upload_keys file and copy everything.

6) Go back to the Phoenix Web Application and click on "Add Game Keys". In the import input box, right-click and Paste the keys in. Click on "Import Keys". The web application will give you a result status. Now you're ready to sell your game. Give your customer a key from the recorded_keys_GameID-26765.rtf file. I save it as an RTF file so formatting is saved. This way, you can highlight the key in RED or another color to denote that you've used it.

FastBurst
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2007 04:07
The website is just about ready for sales to begin tomorrow night. I just have to double check with DarkFact and see where we stand with the application.

PGP will be available at

http://www.phoenix-sentry.com

MartinS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2007 14:10
@FastBurst: Sweet site design! Firefox users, though - including meself - might have a slight problem . . . opening tabs. If it would be possible for the links to also open with middle click and/or Ctrl+Click, I think that would make a lot more people happy.

Still, that's just my two cents.

G2L

Coming soon...
FastBurst
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2007 15:40
@Games 2 Live - What do you mean by opening tabs? The flash on the first page is clickable. Everything clicks to direct pages.

If you have some Firefox codes for this please send them my way I would love to see this. This is a first I have heard anything like this.

MartinS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2007 18:46
@FastBurst: Sorry for the misunderstanding. I meant opening the links in different tabs. So if I wanted to open, say, "Products", but still view the home page. I could middleclick "Products", and it would open in a new tab.

Sorry if I'm still unclear.

G2L

Coming soon...
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
@Games 2 Live: Thanks for pointing that out. I'm a Firefox user and I didn't know you could do that. LOL

FastBurst designed this site from scratch and in a hurry, so it's going to be a WIP in itself for a few days. I can only say that FastBurst IS fast. That web application he built for Phoenix is incredible and detailed.

Phoenix will go on sale tonight if FastBurst feels we're ready!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 21:19:39
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 21:19:39