Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Phoenix Game Protection (v1 Trial)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2007 19:07 Edited at: 22nd Jul 2007 22:07
Video Tutorials:

See the first post in this thread.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2007 20:41
Me and Sly just received the patch,It all looks perfect Darkfact,and Fastburst.This will certainly come in handy soon.

FastBurst
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2007 23:41
WE ARE READY FOR SALES!

You can purchase your copy of PGP at http://www.phoenix-sentry.com/product_detail.php?detail=1

NOTE: Not all pages are accessable as of late, but at least you can make your purchase of PGP now to get your hands on your copy today.

"Not asking the question to begin with is the only stupid question..."
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
The newest version is v1.1.0.17 and supports all Game Platforms, even though FPSC is the default.

Crack Pot Todd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2007 06:31
Cool. This might be useful later on.
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2007 16:48 Edited at: 22nd Jul 2007 16:51
Quote: "Cool. This might be useful later on."

I'm trying to coax FastBurst into selling the Pro Edition for the same price as the Standard Edition as an introductory offer. (limited time only)

I think once you see how easy and powerful the online registration system is, you'll realize that it is unique in our indy world, easy to use and pretty much crazy NOT to use it. The online registration system is so good, we use it ourselves for Phoenix registrations. The whole process is automatic. You generate keys for your game and copy/paste them into your database on our secure web application. You then sell your game and give out one of the keys. When your customer registers with the key, it is automatically flagged by the online software and cannot be used again. There is absolutely no interaction between the game buyer and the developer. A new feature to be implemented is Notifications. When your game buyer registers the game, you will get an email notification and optionally, they may get an email of thanks, tips/tricks, or whatever you want to make your indy game more professional.

The developer can go into their online account and un-register keys, retire them from service, mark them as abused or remove them from the database. If someone gets hold of a good key that has been flagged as one of the above, the game registration system acts accordingly with corresponding info messages. Keys flagged for abuse automatically cause the game to exit, while keys flagged as "This key has already been registered" simply prompt the user to try again.

Duplex
User Banned
Posted: 22nd Jul 2007 16:54
Quote: "I'm trying to coax FastBurst into selling the Pro Edition for the same price as the Standard Edition as an introductory offer. (limited time only)"

That will get just about EVERYONES attention!

Quote: "The whole process is automatic. You generate keys for your game and copy/paste them into your database on our secure web application. You then sell your game and give out one of the keys. When your customer registers with the key, it is automatically flagged by the online software and cannot be used again. There is absolutely no interaction between the game buyer and the developer.

The developer can go into their online account and un-register keys, retire them from service, mark them as abused or remove them from the database. If someone gets hold of a good key that has been flagged as one of the above, the game registration system acts accordingly with corresponding info messages. Keys flagged for abuse automatically cause the game, while keys flagged as "This key has already been registered" simply prompt the user to try again."

Wow, it sounds very secure and professional, I may buy!

Wheres the demo? is this the demo if I click download? -http://www.phoenix-sentry.com/downloads.php

[url=www.x-games.mdhost.info]X-Games[/url]
[url=fps-files.com]FPS-Files[/url]
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Wheres the demo?"

The demo will be out in a few days. For the sake of security, I'm writing a demo version instead of using a restricted full version. The demo will not have the registration feature at this time, but may at a later date.

Duplex
User Banned
Posted: 22nd Jul 2007 17:11
K, cant wait to try it out.

[url=www.x-games.mdhost.info]X-Games[/url]
[url=fps-files.com]FPS-Files[/url]
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2007 17:20 Edited at: 22nd Jul 2007 18:07
I noticed that there is not allot of detail in the descriptions of the different versions on the PGP site. In fact there is almost none. Could we talk you into making another chart like the previous chart in this thread that outlines the what features are in what version? That would help prople to make a well informed buying decision.

EDIT: My bad. I don't know how I missed it but I did. It's there. I have egg on my face at this point. LOL!!!!

The person that now knows the most started with many questions. Patients and tolorance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. http://gamedesigntech.byethost7.com/
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "making another chart like the previous chart in this thread"

Hi Incense. That chart is on the website here: http://www.phoenix-sentry.com/product_detail.php?detail=1

Granted, I need to re-do it, but most all info is there. I need to add that Developer and Enterprise versions do not have the game/license label in the lower-left corner of the splash screen.

crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks great! I can't wait for the download!

MartinS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2007 21:17
Awesome! Design looks very professional. I'll look into buying as soon as I finish my game - in pre-WIP at the mo - and get some sales off it. (I'll code my own mini-registration system for temporary use)

Might I ask, why is it that in order to obtain the Enterprise Edition's price, we must 'write for quote'?

Oh, and if I buy the Enterprise Edition, will I be entitled to all future source updates? Also, you say that the 'Source files are for use in VS2005', meaning VB, C#, C++, etc.?

Keep up the good work!

G2L

Coming soon...
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Might I ask, why is it that in order to obtain the Enterprise Edition's price, we must 'write for quote'?

Oh, and if I buy the Enterprise Edition, will I be entitled to all future source updates? Also, you say that the 'Source files are for use in VS2005', meaning VB, C#, C++, etc.?

Keep up the good work!
"

The Enterprise Edition will only be sold to people/companies meeting certain requirements. It's a case-by-case decision that I will make. The requirements aren't public, but one of them is reputation and credit score. The credit report costs us money to get, so an application has to be completed.

The typical person who uses FPSC would never need the Enterprise Edition, but it's offered for those special cases. It's priced to reflect the amount of work I've put into it, the value of the work "as is" and its "potential value".

The source was written using VS2005. It can be ported to any language supported by the .NET2 framework.

Safak
Years of Service
User Offline
DarkFact hi,

Do you give the scripts associated with the online registration with the purchase of Phoenix Game Protection - Developer Edition ?

I would like to use them on my own server if I buy it. Is it possible?

You do a great job, congrats !

Best regards,

Safak
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Do you give the scripts associated with the online registration with the purchase of Phoenix Game Protection - Developer Edition ?"

Yes! We need to put that in the comparison chart because that's very important. Owners of the Developer Edition get the Web Application software to run on their own server.

DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2007 01:35 Edited at: 23rd Jul 2007 07:19
22 July 07
Video Tutorials:

3mb Video Tutorial: Install/Register PGP

1mb Video Tutorial: Registration Keys Demo

3mb Video Tutorial: Game Setup

4mb Video Tutorial: Setting up Multimedia

4mb Video Tutorial: Using the Installer

13MB Video Tutorial: Create/Import Registration Keys

Safak
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you for your reply, are they .php or .asp. Looking from Phoenix site, they can be .php I presume ?

Regards,

Safak
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
@Safak: They're all PHP. I don't do any web programming, so FastBurst will be the one to answer your more technical questions. Thanks!

Safak
Years of Service
User Offline
@DarkFact : Thank you, this is great !

I do not want keep this thread busy with detailed questions, but I think someone wants to know. I have one last question:

@FastBurst : Hi FastBurst, you two are doing a great job and filling a big hole for us the indies.

I need to know what do we need to run Web Application software on our server.

Thank You and Best Regards,

Safak
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: " do not want keep this thread busy with detailed questions, but I think someone wants to know. "

Don't worry about that! Asking and answering questions is what the forums are for.

FastBurst
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2007 18:57
@Safak : Yes you would get a copy of the web app software if you purchase the Developer Edition. What you will need to run this.

1. A website of course that has PHP
2. Zend Optimizer for PHP, this is pretty much a standard on any web host out there today. (This helps us protect the web app, if you purchase hte Enterprise then you get the full source.)
3. a MySQL Database, this is also pretty much standard in an web host.

Thats it.

Safak
Years of Service
User Offline
FastBurst thank you for fast reply, I run a linux box, CENTOS installed,AMD dualcore. Web application software works fine on this.

I will purchase developer edition soon.

Best Regards,

Safak
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
@Safak: Thanks! I just sent out another email. I need your URL, icons, file version info, Developer Name etc. to complete your purchase.

m man
Years of Service
User Offline
hey darkfact are you going to email the people who won the compotition with the demo, when this comes out

btw this looks awesome
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "hey darkfact are you going to email the people who won the compotition with the demo, when this comes out "

Everyone who was promised a free copy has already been notified. Were you one of them? If so, send me a copy of the original email/claim. Or are you talking about something else entirely?

DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2007 23:12 Edited at: 23rd Jul 2007 23:19
@m man: Did you change your email? I remember now, but don't have any of the emails you sent.

Please email me again so I can get your copy out.

EDIT: AHA! You DID change it. LOL
I found the emails. Do you want your copy sent to the new email address? Also, what do you want your Developer Name to be?

Safak
Years of Service
User Offline
These were some of the fastest responds to my purchase in my life, I can not seem to catch up

I will do all of the things you said one by one guys.

Thank you again,

Safak
m man
Years of Service
User Offline
i sent you my email of what i want my developer name to be and yes you can send it to me at the one i sent in the email, if there is anything else please tell me
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
@m man: Got it. I'm updating the current version to v1.1.0.18 today so I'll send you the most current version either today or tomorrow if that's okay with you.

@All: I have written the Trial Edition and tested it. FastBurst is creating the download script for our website, so expect a post about getting it soon.

m man
Years of Service
User Offline
ok darkfact
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
@mman: Email with your Pro Edtion download instructions has been sent. Have fun!

PowerSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2007 21:40
Just a question, why have you based your name on:

http://www.pgp.com/

The Innuendo's, 4 Piece Indie Rock Band
http://theinnuendos.tk:::http://myspace.com/theinnuendosrock
FastBurst
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2007 22:01 Edited at: 24th Jul 2007 22:02
@ PowerSoft - PGP Corporation (http://www.pgp.com) actually Stands for Pretty Good Privacy. Not the same thing.

Our PGP in short stands for Phoenix Game Protection. The company name we use is Phoenix-Sentry Corporation.

As you can see they are entirely different and mean different things. I have already consulted with attorneys about this and we are covered legally as well as not copying on an infringement rights or trademarks.

DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Pretty Good Privacy and Phoenix Game Protection aren't even close. LOL...FastBurst, let's trademark some letters in the alphabet before all 26 are taken!

PowerSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2007 00:45 Edited at: 25th Jul 2007 10:58
Pretty Good Privacy

Oh yea, sorry I forget that the word 'good' was in 'Pretty Good Privacy', I am sorry, I shall try not to make such a stupid mistake again, and I was about to contact Trading Standards.

m man
Years of Service
User Offline
I found a little bug darkfact should i email it to you
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
@m man: Thanks man, I never would have seen that one on my computers. It's taken care of now and doesn't use the scripting anymore.

I sent emails to everyone with the v18 update, by the way. If I missed anyone, let me know.

PowerSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2007 18:31 Edited at: 25th Jul 2007 18:35
How secure is this PGP system, I might be interested in it Only one question, has it been cracked yet?

DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
@PowerSoft: PGPS is really tough to beat by the so-called "normal" end-user of your game. We always say the no computer protection system is 100% bulletproof against attacks, but PGPS is by far the most advanced real-time and static protection you can get at this time. Couple the static and real-time protection methods with Online registrations and you're protected not only against media theft, but against illegal copies, too.

We're doing everything we can think of to make PGPS the indy game developer's guardian.

FastBurst is working on the web pages and download scripts for the Trial Edition, so it should be available soon.

DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Only one question, has it been cracked yet?
"

The software has not been cracked. The system has been defeated at various stages of developement (during Beta), but has not been defeated since.

Any programmer can write an application to beat any protection system. I know you're a programmer, so I know you could write a program to defeat it. That's not the issue. If you program your games from scratch, then program your protection from scratch. PGPS is for people who don't know how to do that or don't want to know how to do that.

PowerSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2007 18:52
So how much does each respective version cost?

DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "So how much does each respective version cost?"

Please go here for a complete breakdown of the features and costs.

PowerSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2007 19:06
That looks very expensive for what the program does. also what is this '3 free compiles option'. That seems CRAZY, CRAZY I tell you.

m man
Years of Service
User Offline
And yes DarkFact I got the login
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2007 20:32 Edited at: 25th Jul 2007 21:41
Quote: "That looks very expensive for what the program does"

Okay...so don't buy it. Phoenix has over 800 hours in the making this far. At a mere $20/hour for coding, this would cost $16,000 to be hired out. I'm not trying to make a killing, but I am trying to make a living. Are're you?

PowerSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2007 20:41
Well if thats an indication of your customer support I won't,

DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2007 20:42 Edited at: 25th Jul 2007 21:46
@PowerSoft: I have pages of testimonials that could be posted on the new website attesting to our customer service as being fast and professional.

I took your first post as being aggressive and accusatory in nature. If your post was innocent, then I apologize. This project is very dear to me and I'm touchy when anyone claims I've done anything less than admirable. To be honest, I've never heard of pgp.com before.

I named my system Phoenix because of the importance of the Phoenix as a guardian to mankind in Chinese mythology. Phoenix Game Protection, just followed and we've referred to it as PGP for short in writing. We're now calling it PGPS to deter any possible confusion.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2007 20:51 Edited at: 25th Jul 2007 20:54
This is not pricey,if you are serious about protecting your game in a professional way.This is actually just a fraction of the costs it would take you to hire someone to make a protection software for you.

besides,that Compilation part is Compiles with Costum icon.so it wont keep the Phoenix icon.

If you find this crazy,then you never looked at FPSC before buying it...At V1 it was (if you look back) expensive for what it did.But you bought it anyway.

MS Windows is expensive for what it does,and upgrading to Vista is too.So why are you using a PC?

If we look at it that way,everything you buy is expensive.Don't sit on the coins.Money means nothing in life...Its what makes you happy,like for me.It is working on a game's main engine.That makes me happy.If money makes you happy,You will never be able to have real fun.

Money is nothing,your friends and the trust between you and them,Means more.

DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
@POD: Too True.

FastBurst is now setting up our website's forums, so this thread will be ended soon and we'll start a new thread just for updates.

It's not quite ready, so this link may not be hot yet: Phoenix Sentry Forums

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 21:22:39
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 21:22:39