Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Synergy Editor - IDE for DarkBasic Professional

Author
Synergy Editor Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2008 17:57
Quote: "I see Synergy is still going well, Thanks John y!"

Cheers.

Quote: "How to get that second window that show the help of a command on start up. I know how to get it appear, but when I restart it disapear."

It's by design, you can't make it stick.

Synergy Editor - Available for free HERE!
Random color object
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2008 01:56
I installed nuclear collision. It got some help files in htlm, can I place them to appear when I press F1 beside the command ligne?

My actual color is Color object 1, RGB(128,2,3) but I would like it to be random.
Random color object
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2008 16:34 Edited at: 2nd Sep 2008 16:42
all my variable are not appering in color.
Crosshair dose
geoObject dose not why?

My actual color is Color object 1, RGB(128,2,3) but I would like it to be random.
James H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2008 13:07
Hi I`m having a problem getting Synergy to be the default editor. Using the menu option to associate them doesn`t work and when I try "open with" or if I right click>properties "change" default program, I can choose Synergy using the browse button, but once selected it does not become available in the window as a choice.
I can open projects from within Synergy but I prefer to open projects from there directory, any advice?
Random color object
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2008 14:36
I have nuclear collision I have to do this task, how can I do it Synergy
Place the "NGCP_v402_DBP.dll" file in the directory with your EXE and/or DBPro project.

Make sure the DBPro IDE has included the "NGCollision.dba" file (This file contains functions to communicate with the DLL, so it is very important)

- To Make sure the include file "NGCollision.dba" is included on the DBPro IDE, first make sure your Project Manager is open. (View->Show Project Manager)

- Click on the "Files" button on the bottom left of the project manager.

- Click on the "browse" button near the top of the project manager

- Surf to the "NGCollision.dba" file, select it, and click "Open"

- Now you should be all set.

John Y
Synergy Editor Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2008 17:02
Quote: "Hi I`m having a problem getting Synergy to be the default editor. Using the menu option to associate them doesn`t work and when I try "open with" or if I right click>properties "change" default program, I can choose Synergy using the browse button, but once selected it does not become available in the window as a choice.
I can open projects from within Synergy but I prefer to open projects from there directory, any advice?"

I've seen this before, it usually happens on Vista. I'll research it and let you know what I find.

Quote: "I have nuclear collision I have to do this task, how can I do it Synergy"

1). Open your project in Synergy Editor
2). Using the solution explorer right click on 'project' (the folder)
3). Choose 'Import Existing File'
4). Locate the 'NGCollision.dba' file and choose open

James H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2008 17:27
Hi John
I recieved an email from a DBP user asking me if I find any form of solution, to let them know as they are in the same boat. I sort of found a workaround so I sent a mail back that included the following:

Quote: "
I sort of found a solution. I have Codesurge IDE aswell which is what my files are currently associated with(dbpro only - dba files are associated with DBPro, though a third option is available DBPro Launcher - due to the 109 IDE upgrade). I used the current associations from that for Synergy as follows
1) Any exe I manually install(ie like synergy - a straight copy to HD), goes in a folder on my Local HD that the OS is installed on. The OS I have is Vista Premium 64. I opened the folders properties dialogue and unchecked "Read Only", then apply.
2) Synergy exe - I had to edit the permissions in the properties dialogue aswell as check the tickbox for "Run as Administrator" and "Run in Windows XP ServicePack2" Compatability mode were ticked.
3) I renamed the code surge folder "Codesurge backup", then renamed the Synergy Folder as "Codesurge" and then renamed the Syergy exe as "Codesurge.exe". Opened Synergy exe(now called Codesurge), selected to associate the files from the menu,compiled and saved an empty project
4) I then opened a folder with one of my old projects in - the dbpro file icon had changed to a blank file icon. I doubleclicked to open, this time the "chose program to open with" window popped up without the codesurge option automatically, so I clicked browse and redirected it to the Synergy exe - newly renamed as Codesurge in the newly renamed folder. Once selected, the synergy icon appeared as a choice in the "chose program to open with" window, I doublclicked the icon and then the project opened in Synergy. Tested a few more of my old projects and they too are associated with Synergy, along with the Synergy icon. Seems I just have to rename the folders to reassociate with codesurge.

"

I thought perhaps there is a conflict between the two? When I read your reply I wondered if perhaps others had codesurge as an option on there machines - if not, then I guess its a vista compatability issue?
Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2008 03:38 Edited at: 6th Sep 2008 15:20
Excellent editor, John Y. I couldn't get it to work the last time I tried, but the new update has me dazzled .

There are a few bugs I have noticed, however. They aren't major, but they may be worth looking into. I don't know if they're happening to anyone else:

*When I use the FIND or FIND/REPLACE function and press cancel, Synergy sort of disappears and I must press its taskbar icon twice to get it back up. The first time I press it it looks like it's minimizing, and the second time it maximizes again.

*When I want to create a new project and I browse for a folder, my browsing has no effect on the new project's location and the displayed directory does not change. I must type it in manually.

*Syntax Highlighting on functions can take a few seconds as well as switching between source files to work.

Well, those are the only bugs I managed to find. If I find (or remember) any more I will let you know. Other than that, Synergy has gone beyond my expectations and I will continue to use it .

EDIT:

Feature Request
*A "FIND AGAIN" button + hotkey (F3, maybe?). This way one won't need to go to and from the "FIND" dialogue to find and fix repeated errors.

EDIT: Strange... all of a sudden the SEARCH/REPLACE works fine-- no more minimizing

Random color object
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2008 01:42
How to make variable appear.

ex:

ID would be in purple.

When it is too complicated it is because you are trying at the wrong door.
James H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2008 02:47 Edited at: 6th Sep 2008 02:48
Purple? Presumably you have customized the UI or your monitors on the blink! The defaults look like this on my machine:

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Random color object
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2008 15:36
When I tried to run I got Could not find a DLL (..\plugins-licsensed\dbprocore.dll)
- I oppened the same project in the DBP editor and it work.

Random color object
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2008 15:47
James H
Have you notice your id=2 is in brown, on my synergy (at deffault) it mean a string, not a variable.
It is easier to debug when it is in different color.

Also: when I got a syntax , error Aynergy dose not show where is the error.

Random color object
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2008 04:47
Now I don't see anymore the code viewer, I click and nothing appear.

John Y
Synergy Editor Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2008 12:18
Quote: "Have you notice your id=2 is in brown, on my synergy (at deffault) it mean a string, not a variable."

You can change the colour scheme in the options.

Quote: "Now I don't see anymore the code viewer, I click and nothing appear."

The windows that you have closed can be shown by using the View menu.

James H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2008 14:47
John - its a little slow on updating the code highlight changes for me, if at all sometimes. For example adding remstart and remend doesn`t show up as rem`d out unless I move the mouse over the necessary lines afterwards - or if I declare a variable, its highlight takes a few seconds to appear, but is much quicker in highlighting the variable each time a reference is made to it after its declaration has been made.(Thats why the screen shot in prev post has the variable declared as gobal - didn`t notice at the time).
General Reed
Years of Service
User Offline
@John Y - Synergy has expired again.

Btw why is it nessecery to have an expiration system? Could you not just remind users they need to update?

CPU: AMD X2 6000+ 3.0ghz GFX: NVIDIA BFG Geforce 8800GTS 640MB OC-550mhz core RAM: 2048mb

Agent Dink
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, please, it's ridiculously annoying. Now I have switch back to another editor while I wait for your update to come out...

MISoft Studios - Silver-Dawn Gorilda is lost!

Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2008 20:57
It expired . Oh well back to CodeSurge until the new update comes out...

Kohaku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2008 21:37
Yeah that's pretty annoying. Had it all set up nicely and all...

You are not alone.
spiret
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2008 22:11
Could you please do something about this? I have become dependant on this editor, and it really screwed my workflow when this happened. When you release the update, could you remove this expiration limitation?
(or do you need it in case you someday choose to sell this program?)

Problem is solved!
RedFlames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2008 00:30
i think every version expires at a fixed date, even though there isnt a new version... why not check for a new version on startup and only let it expire WHEN you got the new version instead of hurrying into a new release evertime the old one expires

Bursar
Years of Service
User Offline
I've only using Synergy for about a week after getting hacked off with the DB editor dumping my code, and I'm missing it already.

I've got CodeSurge running now, but I do like the little extra features that Synergy has.

Please release an update that doesn't expire
spiret
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2008 09:19
I agree with everyone having this problem. This is a very unprofessional "feature." I already posted in a related thread a temporary fix for this, but as I'm already in this discussion too, I might as well post it here. Then off to sleep. The date check can be bypassed by altering your system time to before it expired. You should set it back to today as soon as the program starts, to keep the proper time/date stamps on newly saved files (which are very handy to have)

Problem is solved!
John Y
Synergy Editor Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2008 16:21
A new update is up

* New skin (Carbon)
* Fixed bug with tabs and indenting in the editor
* Mouse double click to select one word in the editor works properly now
* Editor plugin functionality

When the new DarkBASIC Professional CD is cut, Synergy Editor is the included editor. A contract was signed and returned last week allowing TGC the rights to the source code and distribution of Synergy Editor with it's release of DB. Future releases beyond this will not expire.

http://www.digitalzenith.net

Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2008 18:06
Ang on. Does that mean that we have to buy the latest version (assume DX10) of DBP to use Synergy? If so then is a bit of a pain. I mean I would buy it in a heartbeat (like the last time), but don't really plan on updating the graphics card just yet (assume again that DBP DX10 will not work on DX9 hardware). After all my current stuff is quite happily not that flashy 2D stuff...

Cheers

I am 99% probably lying in bed right now... so don't blame me for crappy typing
Current fave quote : "She was like a candle in the wind.... unreliable...."
John Y
Synergy Editor Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2008 21:04
No, this is a remaster of DarkBasic Professional (DirectX 9) with some new cool stuff.

Marvey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2008 23:01 Edited at: 5th Oct 2008 23:58
john Y every time i compile something seems he save the code with the compilation i dont want him to save the code with the last modification on the last compile is there any way to disable it ? or is just a bug ? (i haven´t find nothing in options to disable it)
Marvey
Years of Service
User Offline
WindowsKiller with codesurge you can disable it just go to "edit/editor preferences/editor options" there you have a option "save on compile" just disable it...
would be nice if john can do it for synergy too...
James H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2008 14:57
You may be know this already but the file associations option still doesn`t work - still can`t change it manually either using open with option.
TechLord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2008 08:08
John Y

Great Editor. After the most recent update, the editor fails to provide a description of syntax errors found during compilation.

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2008 14:31 Edited at: 25th Oct 2008 14:36
edit by user.

Found my problem was using ... to connect lines instead of _. opps.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2008 20:44 Edited at: 4th Nov 2008 20:45
This does not comment/uncomment properly:

Undo/Redo also does not undo/redo actions performed by block comment/uncommenting correctly.

Peter Pan
Years of Service
User Offline
A bit of a Synergy n00b, but I am having a bit of a problem that seems a bit weird.

V Simple code fails on compile

So if I compile the following

Print "Hello World"
Wait Key

I get a Could not find a DLL (..\plugins-licensed\dbprocore.dll) - which is in the ..\plugins directory - I get syntax errors if I copy the file to the plugins-licensed directory.

But if I dont get this on imported tutorials, any ideas

Cos it is!!
Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2008 18:39
Quote: "After the most recent update, the editor fails to provide a description of syntax errors found during compilation."

It never reported errors for me, even after I changed the option in the OPTIONS menu. It would be nice if this could get fixed

RedFlames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2008 15:27
@Peter Pan:
That error is because the "externalise DLLs" option is set to Yes as the default-project setting. There is a options somewhere, just set it to No

AndrewT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2008 15:57
I haven't read through all the pages of this thread to check if these have already been reported, but I've found a couple bugs:

-Synergy freezes up after closing out of a program that I ran with F5.
-Copy/Paste stops working if I keep the editor open for more than an hour or two.

Other than that, I really like the editor! Nice work.

RedFlames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2008 16:57 Edited at: 17th Nov 2008 16:58
Quote: "-Synergy freezes up after closing out of a program that I ran with F5."

I think that is a problem with the compiled EXE but im not sure.
I dont know if it happens only when using sounds/music (or even only in synergy?... haven't really tested) but on closing my Exe, it always tried to access Device/CdRom0/ or something (thats what the Trial version of Kaspersky reported but it expired now ). We might ask Lee about this ^^

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2008 21:44 Edited at: 17th Nov 2008 21:48
I have a problem - line continuations don't want to work. Folding on anything other than functions is also ignored.

Using the version downloaded from site today.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Final Epsilon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2008 03:44
Is it possible to sort include files alphabetically?

Cheers,
FinalEp
AndrewT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2008 19:34
I noticed that when you create a new project you can select a template. However is there any way to save a project as a template? It would save me a lot of time if I didn't have to write my setup code for every project I make. I looked around for the option to save a project as a template but couldn't find it.

Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
Now this sucks... I was in middle of some creative coding when the editor expired again! C'mon please do something about it. Now I cannot continue my work because I have to wait until someone will update the expire time period.

ACER Aspire 5920G: Core2Duo 2.2GHZ, 2GB, GeForce 8600M GT 1280MB, DirectX10, DBPro 7.1
Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2008 14:36
It expired.

kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2008 17:58 Edited at: 6th Dec 2008 18:18
Thats it, im not going to use Synergy any more. Im getting quite pissed off about that I now cannot work on my projects because of some little prick decided to release an update without a download and even wired up the editor to not allow people to still work on their projects.

What the hell is the point in downloading an editor which cuts you off while your doing important work. And basically, making the whole of DBPro stop working. This feature should be removed from Synergy.

Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
I would not pay for an IDE that does not support the most basic of block commenting operations or a product with this poor of support. If you recognize bugs posted in this thread, the last bug was reported two months ago.

kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2008 18:18
can we have the update link so we can still work on our projects please?

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2008 18:42
This is a rather irritating "feature"

Honestly, it's quirks like this that tend to push someone to another program (IDE in this case).

kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2008 19:14
Ive changed already

hackinc 2000
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2008 03:06
Hey Jhon Y, an uptade please! And yes this feuture is a little bit inritating.

Chenak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2008 05:06
Move to codesurge, it is infinitly better. Codesurge should be made the official IDE, Synergy is too unprofessional, buggy and annoying, no developer should have to go through this crap. The expiration thing should have been removed long ago. It hasn't and prolly never will so just uninstall it.
Todd Riggins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2008 07:14
It is dissapointing that it has this time limited thing. But, I do hope he's ok and gets this sorted soon. I mean, obviously he knows this, but something could be preventing him to get this fix in a timely manner.

Inspirational Music: Descent ][ Redbook Audio CD Soundtrack

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 16:23:46
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 16:23:46