Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Official Ply's Mod Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 06:29 Edited at: 30th Apr 2008 06:35
no, no i would, lol

You'll Know When You See It.

Death has no end
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 06:36
Lol, okay, well we'll see how close I can get to being finished tonight.

I still have... 3 Things to work through before I consider it to be "finished":

- Binding Entities to the Camera is buggy. Has to do with ODE Physics preventing object movement. (Find workaround to ODE)
- Non-character entity movement not working ... look into it more.
- Add in more Scripting capabilities for Cameras.

Those and removing the Bloom/Water systems that are implemented. Bloom is giving me Test Game headaches right now anyway (The Bloom effect is stretched out of place during a Test Game, but is perfectly fine in Built/OOE games), so I'll be happy to be rid of it, lol.

On top of that, I keep having great ideas popping into my head that I want implemented. Mainly scripting commands that could expand into more gameplay opportunities.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 06:41
well get some caffiene and some nicotine, and call me in the morning lol

Death has no end
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 06:43
Couldn't those wait till V1.08 I'm so desperate *curls up in corner* Need vehicle, need vehicles, need vehicles

[img]
[/img] Official Airmod fanboy. Member of the Airlside fan club
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 06:52
Quote: "some caffiene and some nicotine"

Isn't that a little contradictory to their purposes?

One gives you energy and makes you hyper and the other is supposed to calm you down and make you relax.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 07:11
This is on the first page but:

Quote: "Lee seems highly interested in not only the camera control system, but in dual-wielding as well. If all goes well, he'll put this in the migration."

One thing first - Lee's also interesting in AirMod, but first we need to sort out this compatibility issue. Can you e-mail me saying exactly what you did to the gun code to get dual wielding to work? Or if your willing could you send me your source? I would hate to have to make Lee choose (especially since your other features will probably make you win ).

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 07:13
Lee should just add both

[img]
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 07:16
Quote: "Isn't that a little contradictory to their purposes?

One gives you energy and makes you hyper and the other is supposed to calm you down and make you relax."

egh, i guess if thats how you look at it. but theyll keep you up all night working on my shiny new mod lol

Death has no end
daarboven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 12:08
Quote: "Free Roaming between levels"

Plystire, THAT is indeed good news since i really missed this feature in FPSCreator since the beginning.

Quote: "removing the Bloom/Water systems that are implemented"

I dig your attitude towards eyecandy to a certain extend(if it trades for playability/framerate then simply forget about)-i guess if one learns how to texture and light a level properly he/she doesn't need fancy bloom anyway...But i want to contradict you at the waterfront
since water (and a weather system if i let my imagination run wild)could add to the realism of a game-and i don't mean the lame "just add water" to make a bland level look more interesting...

Since i read your variable tutorial my attention was drawn closer to learning fpi scripting, and third person camera as well as zoning(or free roaming as you express it)hooked me up even more. I started out from design, modeling and texturing but willing to extent my skills, i guess your mod will keep me busy when it comes out.

Keep up your excellent work, I'm looking tensedly forward to your release!

Regards, Daarboven

I am Jacks complete lack of surprise.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 14:41
I'm glad to hear your enthusiasm, daarboven.

Free Roaming has been possible in my Mod since V1.02, but I think with the next release, it will be much easier to achieve and with a much more realistic feel to it.

At first I was a little ... shall we say ... hesitant, in giving the users so much power with the scripting system. Reason being, with this power comes much easier ways to mess up your levels, fall out of the map, etc. And when using these powerful scripting commands, it'll much harder to determine where you went wrong, or what part of your script could be going wrong.

As for Water, I'll have to agree with you, but there are still some clipping issues with my original water code (Dealing with the shader) and it has started to become an increasing problem with the addition of more cameras for the shader to have to worry about. Along with that, Lee will be implementing Water into FPSC with the migration version and it seems a waste of my time to work on it when it'll be depricated as soon as the migration comes along. On top of that, Nighthawk has a much better water shader than I do and looks much better. Not sure about his physics over mine, but at least I gave him the water current idea, lol.

I do hope that I don't disappoint you with the release.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 17:44
Hey, ply im sorry if this is a stupid question but will 1.07 include all the previous modes you have made? And please dont Hit me if its in the readme (using my laptop right now, only my desktop has fpsc and stuff)

ThankX
Punk13

[url=http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj131/jakepunkx13/toldv5.jpg[/img][/url]

TechNo VaLLey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 20:35
Plystire ..

This is amazing .. Well done man

Techno VaLLeY
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2008 01:08
@Punk:

Good question, believe it or not. Yes, V1.07 will include all the previous additions to Ply's Mod.

This means, on top of Camera related controls, you get:

- Dual Wielding
- Boat loads of new scripting commands
- My Named Variable system with NO cap on how many you can have

@Techno:

Thanks, man. I was wondering if you'd be around to see this.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2008 01:37
Quote: "My Named Variable system with NO cap on how many you can have"

TIS A LIE! I'm pretty sure it can only go to 2,147,483,647. You know, the whole integer limit thing...of course, you could define it as a double integer, which is limitd to 9,223,372,036,854,775,807...

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2008 01:43
No! Ply you cheater! I wanted my 10 billion variables

[img]
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2008 02:00
Um, Airslide. I'm not using a datatype for the number of variables you can have.

What it is, is an expanding array. When the user dims a variable, it expands the array by 1, and uses the new slot to store the variables information. When a user destroys a variable, then that variables slot is destroyed as well, thus allowing them to clean up variables that are no longer needed, and cut back on the amount of variables to be run through when altering them. The "cap" on this system is now determined by how large an array can be in DBP. I haven't yet reached that (And I've put stupid high numbers into the array declaration before, like 100000), so I highly doubt any users would.

Also, I've just upgraded the "search" routine for the variables. I now have it set up as a "look-up" routine. Much like finding a book in the library. This means, if you got hundreds of variables, the system won't dive into it, starting from "A" when the variable it's looking for starts with "Q".

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2008 02:10 Edited at: 1st May 2008 02:10
No, it's the value read in by the script, which is kept as a variable, that has a cap Stupidly high yes, but I'm just being silly

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2008 02:15
OH!!! You're talking about the values that the variables themselves can hold! Yes, of course they have a cap.

But I didn't say they didn't, I said:
Quote: "My Named Variable system with NO cap on how many you can have"

LOL

For reference... the variables in my system are declared as floating point numbers. I vouched for this so that in-depth calculations won't be messed up by being required to be a whole number. Calculations I'm speaking of would be like... taking a percent of the normal damage. You would need a decimal number in order to do that.

The one and only,

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2008 02:27
Nope, still not talking about that, but nevermind

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2008 02:34
Ah, I know what you mean.

The "value" is also declared as a float. Making it perfectly compatible witht he variable system.

The one and only,

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2008 03:17
You still don't

Nevermind. Lol.

Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2008 03:52
Hey, ply so your saying if someone buys the mod they get all the mods you make after this one free? and i wasn't quit clear on the watermark, are you saying if someone buys the mod then their copy will be watermark Free?

[url=http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj131/jakepunkx13/toldv5.jpg[/img][/url]

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2008 06:01
@Punk:

Yes, if you buy any version of my Mod, you'll get all subsequent releases of Ply's Mod for free.

And yes, if you buy the Mod, then the Watermark will not appear at all if you Build a Game with it. Using Ply's Mod as a "post-build Mod" will cause the Watermark to reappear, though.

The one and only,

Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2008 06:35
one last question since im a freakin retard i didnt understand what this meant sorry
Quote: "if you Build a Game with it. Using Ply's Mod as a "post-build Mod" will cause the Watermark to reappear, though."

and have you decided the final Price?

ThankX
Punk13

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2008 21:56
Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2008 22:43
Well done!
Steve has gotten this in the newsletter! Keep it up plystire!
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2008 01:14
Woot!!! It's a watermark! And I'm happy about it!

Thanks for the mention, BatVink!

The one and only,

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2008 01:16
Pfft, watermark, smatermark

[img]
xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Using Ply's Mod as a "post-build Mod" will cause the Watermark to reappear, though."

Wait... What? So if we actually make a game with your mod, then we are bound to the splash screen and watermark?

ARE YOU A LONE WOLF? CLICK BELOW TO JOIN THE PACK.
darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2008 21:56
Only in the free version. That is 100% fair.
Quote: "Wait... What? So if we actually make a game with your mod, then we are bound to the splash screen and watermark?"

xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
Oops... I misread that...

ARE YOU A LONE WOLF? CLICK BELOW TO JOIN THE PACK.
Indie PC Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Good Job Plystire! Looks good...

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2008 02:49
@xyzz:

Sorry, I should have been a bit more clear on that.

Post-Build Mod:
A Modified source not used to create a game, but instead copied into the compiled game's folder after the game has been built.

So, this means to use it as a post-build mod, you DIDN'T use the Mod to build the game. If you used the normal FPSC executable to build a game, for example, then copied Plys Mod into the built game's folder, the splash screen will appear whether or not you have the non-free version.

If you build your game with the purchased Mod, then you won't have the splash screen. So no need to worry.

The one and only,

Pride
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2008 21:47
This is truly breath-taking Plystire!

It is one thing to bless us with a dual-wield feature, an armor feature, a cash system, and a million and one other things, but to give us the possibilities to have turrets and vehicles is truly going above and beyond. You have made the most out of the physics system FPSC gives you. If AirMod and PlyMod were to merge, I wouldn't need ragdolls or a bloom shader, I'd be just fine with this.

Keep up the fantastic work, Ply, and good luck on your future modding en devours,
==MeZo

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2008 22:22 Edited at: 6th May 2008 04:30
AirMod, hm?

Okay, Poll Time!!!

Q. Should AirMod be merged into Plys Mod for V1.07?

a) Yes!
b) No.

Saying yes, means taht you understand that V1.07 will not be released as soon as it can be. It may take me another week or so to get AirMod fully implemented into Plys Mod, I may even need to alter Airslide's code a bunch to make it compatible with my own. This is especially true since we both have edits to the weapon system.

I'll tally up the votes in this post.

Tally Marks:

Yes (8)
No (1)

The one and only,

Nalle Karhu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2008 23:16
It would be awsome if this will be merged with airmod... Plairmod so my vote is YES
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2008 23:19 Edited at: 3rd May 2008 23:20
Does my vote count ? [do it - do it - do it!]

EDIT: Oh, and I can send the latest version of 0.6 over if ya want.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2008 23:28
YES, FOR THE LOVE OF AIRMOD Maybe Airlide will even let you get an early version of V0.6

[img]
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2008 00:00
I don't think the Mod is going to be renamed, lol.

Of course, Airslide will have credit where credit is due. I know how important recognition is for a programmer.

@Airslide:

The merging isn't going to be ready for a little bit. If I get enough votes to do it, it will be merged once V1.07 has had all visible bugs squished. Then, I'll request your latest source for V0.6, and then more bug squishing begins.

If this goes through, I think I'll estimate completion around a few weeks from now.

The one and only,

bironeo
Years of Service
User Offline
hi Plystire
very nice piece of work u got there
i think u stick to what u have done and release ur 1.07 the great addon
i think i wont b able to hold on for another day not few weeks
thanks man
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2008 03:06
Well, it's really a choice of wait less time and get what Ply has now, or wait a tad longer and get additional features that make the mod even more useful. Once Ply is setup to integrate AirMod it shouldn't take all that much time, the only parts I'm worried about would be the animation for ironsights/alternate which he should be able to fix up using his own method rather easily.

Dark_Jedi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2008 03:46
YES! Merge them!

It only looks like I know what I'm talking about.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2008 04:55
'Kay, so we got a No and another "YES!"

I'll continue to work on this and once I'm done, we'll see how the votes stand.

Airslide, I think the real choice is, get what I have after cleaning up bugs and be able to have a system completely designed by one person, who knows where potential bugs may be, or wait a little longer, maybe have a merged system that could potentially be disagreeing with itself because it's comprised of two different parts and may have caused further issues during the merge.

If I do merge, though, I'm going to take the extra time to properly check for bugs and whatnot after the merge, and depending on what I find will determine the extra amount of time it'll take to complete.

The one and only,

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2008 05:01
Quote: "wait a little longer, maybe have a merged system that could potentially be disagreeing with itself because it's comprised of two different parts and may have caused further issues during the merge."

Shhh....they need not know this

Most of my code is pretty isolated though, so you shouldn't have too much trouble. Nothing, as I recall, was much of a quick hack (except for some FPSC bug fixes, possible) and was done to mach with how FPSC does things (except for switching alternate fire - the variable for that is kept in the gun's individual settings, and while I could have done it differently, this works fine).

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2008 05:06
Yeah, most of the time I keep to the way things have been done in FPSC... but there's always that one thing that you can't do it like that, you hafta just go your own way to get it to work, and sometimes even alter other parts of FPSC to comply with what you're trying to do.

It's a real bear fight sometimes, but it gets done and it looks good in the end.

The one and only,

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2008 05:22
YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES!!! And who is the imbecile who said no? I shall have to ask him where he lives and come 'round to his house and give him a nice bash on the head with the baseball bat from MP5.

J/k!

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2008 05:25
further up the page, bironeo wrote:

Quote: "i think u stick to what u have done and release ur 1.07 the great addon
i think i wont b able to hold on for another day not few weeks"

I took that as a "No".

The one and only,

Pride
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2008 05:57
Here's my two cents:

I think you should wait and release 1.07

BUT

afterwards, maybe you and AirSlide can work on another project that implements both of your mods. So this way you both have your versions out (final or not) and there will be a combined version as well. And there is no doubt in my mind that PlyMod+AirMod should go for $20 at least, no free version because of the effort it will take.

Either don't count me as a vote or count me for voting yes and no.

My little opinion in a big world,
==MeZo

"Any gift can be great, no matter how small, because it's not the gift that counts, it's the meaning behind it"
"Heaven for climate, Hell for company"
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2008 06:03
Quote: "no free version because of the effort it will take."

Well, I've already come up with a way to allow both free and non-free. I'd like people to be able to use my Mod before choosing to buy, you know?

What exactly do you mean by "wait and release 1.07"? Are you saying to release without merging? Wait for something to happen?

The one and only,

Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2008 07:58
Hey, ply if you merge it can we still buy it and get your future mods free?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 09:42:21
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 09:42:21