Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Official Ply's Mod Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2008 23:12 Edited at: 28th Jun 2008 23:13
Woops sorry double posted

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2008 01:09
Harry Potter style......

I'm runing a Test Game as I type, I'll check out that script then.....

Hmmm....I can'r get the car to move....that's weird....

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2008 02:16
Looks like there's a bit of explaining to do here

1) In order to move an entity, it needs to be a character entity.

2) The humvee script I've supplied requires a bit of adjusting in order to get it working. The way it was originally created, it forced the player to be located "inside" the humvee entity, but after a bit more modding, the collision system started to propel the humvee upwards due to colliding with the player. Normally this wouldn't happen, but I've been trying to get the "plrcoloff" command to fully remove player collision with everything. This became a problem because the physics borble is required in order for many parts of the engine to continue working, and removing it would break a lot of things.
To provide a temporary fix for the humvee, comment out this line in the script:

3) Sorry for missing this in the ReadMe, but the command "keypressed" is a valid command in the humvee script. It is an added FPI command that I used for better key detection. It allows you to detect multiple key presses simultaneously.

Example:
Let's say you want the player to press BOTH the G and the H key in order to have something happen. With the "scancodekeypressed" command, this is impossible because it will only detect the LAST key that has been pressed. But by using "keypressed" you can detect both keypresses by doing:

The keypressed condition takes two parameters obviously. The first is the scancode you're looking for and the second is either 1 or 0 depending on if you want to detect if the key is being pressed or not.

@Flatlander:

I haven't tested this with the newest beta, so I can't say if it works with it's editor or not. I haven't messed with anything major dealing with interaction with the editor, so my first thought is that it should have worked if V1.06 worked with it. I'd have to test it myself to see if anything is amiss, but I don't have the time to do that right now.

I didn't get around the checking some of those hiccups you were experiencing with saving, but perhaps when I get back to this I can.

The one and only,

Whosoever says, "Don't sweat the small stuff," is obviously not a programmer.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2008 02:24
Here's a nice little script that some of you may want to play with. It's especially useful when you have a camera that the player can look through that may be looking at the player.

Player Character Script:

Give this script to a character entity that you want the player to be. When this entity is activated with a value of 1, the character entity will become visible. Activate it with 0 and the character entity will hide again.

NOTE: Since character entities can only hold a single weapon, this character will not hold the same weapon as what the player was holding. Regardless, it still beats having NO character and defeating the illusion of being somewhere else.

The one and only,

actionlad 45
Years of Service
User Offline
Plystire, Since the name of the mod is "PLy's Mod v1.07" i am assuming that it is for FPSC v1.07, if this is true can you make a mod for FPSC v1.09 please?
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2008 08:25
Well, I guess this hasn't been mentioned in a few pages and I'll forgive you for not reading the entire thread, because honestly, I don't normally read all of a large thread either.

All "mods" (or modifications) for FPSC are currently designed around V1.07 of FPSC. No, that's not why the mod is named Ply's Mod V1.07, though. It's named that because it's had 6 previous versions released. The next version would be V1.08, and then V1.09, but that does not portray which version of FPSC it is reliant on.

Furthermore, modders are currenlty incapable of creating mods for any version of FPSC higher than V1.07 because the source code for those versions has not been released yet. Once the source code for later FPSC versions is released, the modders will most likely port all of their mods onto the new source code, thus making their mods compatible with the latest version of FPSC.

As you are probably aware (Or maybe not, considering your join date) Lee is in the works for newer version of FPSC. He is working towards a "migration" of FPSCX10 features to FPSC Classic. It has been anticipated that once he has finished this migration, he will then release the source code for it and move onto other TGC products for updating (I personally hope he'll update/fix DBP next ). It wouldn't make sense for Lee to release the source code for V1.08 or V1.09 or even V1.10/V1.11, because even if he did, I doubt most of the modders would even use them considering the fact that a newer source would be on the way and it would be a waste of their time to port all of their code twice within the span of maybe a couple months.

And there you have it.

The one and only,

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2008 08:48
Small update:

Here's my thoughts for more additions to the Mod before it hits beta:

- Camera collision (Either Scripted or automatic... perhaps both)
- Entity velocity control
- Ability to toggle gravity for entities (And not just turn it off forever )

Perhaps more will come to me before I get back to coding (It may be a while... I'm sort of in the middle of an adventure )

I'm thinking that being able to toggle gravity will allow the scripting of flying vehicles. Turning the gravity off will allow the developer to fully script how the vehicle will fly in a vertical manner. And when the player ejects, or climbs out, then the gravity can be turned back on for the entity. Or, with a bit of velocity control, you may even be able to defeat gravity while keeping it on... either way, the goal there is to have flying vehicles a bit easier to create.

I'm not saying in ANY way that vehicles are a practical application for FPSC at this time, but I'd like to be prepared for when FPSC reaches a point of being capable of maintaining large levels that will be suitable for vehicles.

The one and only,

Little Bill
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2008 10:06
I don't know if this is already possible but I'd like the ability to press a key to pick up a weapon rather than just run over it. Same with keys and what not.

Splash down
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2008 10:12
Omg, Have 2 Say,
WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!
WWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and bytheway,keep up the good work,looks great.

Splashdowngames

Splashdownedthemonstas
http://www.freewebs.com/splashdowngames
Splash down
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2008 10:13
wow

Splashdownedthemonstas
http://www.freewebs.com/splashdowngames
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2008 11:48 Edited at: 29th Jun 2008 11:50
Splash Down, edit your post, all those WOW!s have stretched the page.....

You can express your amazement at how good this mod is without making the thread look spazzy....

Also, I think mods count that as spam.....

Quote: ":keypressed=34 1"

Could you tell us what the second number means?

Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2008 12:27

I made this a characters main script. I used the officer (pistol) from ww2. I called him oficer1. Now what?

The Simon Cowell of TGC.
MadChicken Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey Ply great scripts but on your second code snippet the 3rd person view when I apply it the press enter to use does not show and when do press enter the robot just slide forward whats goin on please help!
gunflak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2008 19:42
every time when close the test game fpsc gives an error: 'extra debug info: 0:0'

but goooooood mod!
Lil Goldn Boi
Years of Service
User Offline
sorry to bug but can anyone direct me to the ply's mod v1.06 plz?

i can't seem to find it.

and i cant wait for 1.07 isd finished and i bet it will be AWESOME with airmod merged in it.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2008 02:11 Edited at: 30th Jun 2008 02:13
@Everyone:

Read the ReadMe!!! Please!!! It's there for a reason! The only exception for that so far has been the "keypressed" action, which I have already covered in full in a previous post.

Before telling me about a bug, please read the "Known Bugs" section and make sure it's not already in there.

Before telling me that a copied and pasted script does not work for you, make sure you followed the directions. Also make sure that certain marks in the script were not excluded such as backslashes for path names. I did not include much direction for the HumVee or the SpyBot scripts, because they are designed to be a "plug and play" type of script. They are also old and may not function without some alterations. If you don't know how to alter them and they are messing up for you, then I suggest not using them.

Perhaps one of the good scripters here, like coffee grunt or Flatlander, will be able to alter the previous scripts to get them working correctly.

This Mod is MAINLY aimed at scripting, with the small exception of dual-wielding. If you cannot script without additional commands, then don't expect to be able to script WITH additional commands. I'm sorry, that probably sounds really harsh and very rude, but it's true. This mod is for expanding the possibility of gameplay, and without being able to alter the Editor, I won't be able to make it super easy on you, so I am going with the next best thing... adding to the EASIEST scripting language I have ever come across.

If you'd still like to use the Mod, even if only for dual-wielding, then I would like to suggest looking into learning how to script. Your games will be better off if you do.

And now for the personal stuff.

@Splash down:

Thank you.

@CG:

You can toggle his post if it bothers you.

Also, I said, and I quote:
Quote: "The first is the scancode you're looking for and the second is either 1 or 0 depending on if you want to detect if the key is being pressed or not."

@Aaagreen:

Well, you activate it when you're going to use a different camera that may be looking at the player. Isn't that what I said?

@MadChicken Games:

Unless I'm given more information to go on, I can't do anything about that. There could be a number of things wrong with it. You could have copied it wrong, it may have been copied without the backslashes in the path for the HUD, etc.

@gunflak:

Read the ReadMe, please. All of it. That was mentioned in there under the "Known Bugs" section as well as a note explicitly for that bug.

@Lil Goldn Boi:

You can do a search of the forum for "Dual". That will probably bring you to the thread. It's named "Newest Thread for the Newest Addition to Ply's Mod - DualWielding!!" Or something like that... first post should have the download.

The one and only,

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2008 08:34
Toggled his Post, the page is still strechted.....

I've got another bug that's come up, I'm re-designing parts of the first level of my game, and when I run Test Game, it fails at Saving and Optimising Universe, and I get an Error Report for the FPSC-Game.exe file.......

It might be my media, but it worked fine with that media in a previous test, so I'm stumped.....

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2008 11:28
Not sure what to say to that.

If it worked in a previous test, then you may want to retrace your steps and see what's different about this time that may have caused it to fail.

The one and only,

Indicium
Years of Service
User Offline
Got to say ply....
This is amazing, nice Job
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2008 07:39
Thanks, Mad Nightmare.

My "adventure" is on stand-still atm, awaiting confirmation for a go-ahead, so maybe after I'm into it quite a ways I'll be able to put a bit more work into this.

Here's hoping, right?

The one and only,

gunflak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2008 17:32
the readme doesn't solve my problem...
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2008 21:27
In the "Known Bugs" Section of the ReadMe the last bug listed is what you're having troubles with.

It may not appear that way because in your case, the error pops up AFTER you click "OK" to run the Test Game. The answer still remains the same, though... SAVE BEFORE TESTING!

The one and only,

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2008 21:50 Edited at: 4th Jul 2008 21:55
Ok, I'll try that.....

-=EDIT=-

Nope! That doesn't work either......

If it helps, I'm using shader FX.......

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2008 02:19
Shaders shouldn't cause that portion of the Test Game load to fail, though.

I am not sure what to tell you. You can try different scenarios to try and deduce the problem.

Make a brand new level, just a quick one, that's designed a little like your other level. Test it every so often while you're building it... like just before you put something NEW into it, test it before and after. Once you get to the problem, you'll know what it is you put in that caused it to mess up.

Also, can you supply a screenie of the error it's throwing? That may help, too.

The one and only,

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2008 09:17
Quote: "It may not appear that way because in your case, the error pops up AFTER you click "OK" to run the Test Game."

Nope, it fails at "Saving and Optimising Universe".....

I got it to work again, but I've got a small list of what I removed, so I'l show you what I did, after removing these, it worked again:

*Basic triggerzones with p;rinzoneactivateused.fpi,

*a large waypoint structure,

*an entire room filled with water shaders,

*^that room also had quite a few lights and entities in it too.....

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2008 10:59
@CG:

The message you quoted was aimed at gunflak.

Thanks for the info regarding your issue, I'll make a note to look into that when I get back to making this.

The one and only,

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2008 11:18
Gunflak? But the level I'm testing doesn't even have any guns in it... :S

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2008 11:56
Lol, "gunflak", the user, whose post is at the top of this page.

The one and only,

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2008 12:59
Oh......

MadChicken Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Ply I have read your ReadMe a thousand times and I still have know idea what to do, whats happening is I attach the third person view script to a character then run the game but what happens instead of the camera going behind the character what simply happens is the character slides forward into the wall and thats it do I need an open roof or a tall building or something.
Indicium
Years of Service
User Offline
How would i make a vehicle into a character??
Indicium
Years of Service
User Offline
AS for the Vehicles, would it be possible to create things such as, gears, headlights, Ignition and maybe Nitros?
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2008 19:35
@MadChicken Games:

That's weird. No, you don't need an open roof. I just made a single floor level with a cieling and the script ran fine.

Aside from a small "self-destruct" test, my spybot script is the same as the one I posted up on page 1.

The one and only,

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2008 11:12
Ok, turns out the problem is caused by placing an MP3 door into my level, funny thing is, I already had 3 in it, is there some sort of limit or something?

I have it set exactly the same as the others.......

xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, how would we turn a normal entity into a character? It would help with making security cameras, being able to just check plrcanbeseen to see if the camera sees the player. Oh, that reminds me, are you going to finish that Cyber Wars game? It actally sounded really cool.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2008 02:02
@CG:

That's weird. There isn't a limit on how many entities you are allowed to have in a level. Glad you found the problem, though. Is there a way you can work around it? Like maybe... copy the door entity files and make into into a duplicate entity that acts and looks the same but is classified by the engine as being different?

@Xyzz:

To turn a normal entity into a character (like I did with the hummer), simply copy the entity model file into the user folder, make an FPE file for it and copy some character entity's FPE information into it. There's basically a flag in the FPE file that declares it as a character.

I'm not sure when I'll be able to finish Cyber Wars... the only thing I have left to do with it is the AI before I can release it's demo, lol. I had a small bit of AI programmed but it proved to be too predictable and wasn't quite as dynamic as I'd like it to be. It was just too stupid of an AI. I'm glad you liked the concept, though.

The one and only,

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2008 08:21 Edited at: 7th Jul 2008 08:37
Tried it with V1.06, and it failed too......

I'll see what happens if I delete the door entity, or replace it with another door......

-=EDIT=-

Replacing the door seems to work, perhaps it's the door itself.....

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2008 20:18
Maybe that particular entity decided to go AWOL...

Peter gee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2008 20:58
hav u realesed the car and 3rd person mods

computer cookies are not tasty i found that out the hard way

MadChicken Games
Years of Service
User Offline
ARGH! help no matter what I do the same keeps happening the vehicle script dosn't work all that does is the "press enter to use" appears and I press enter and a thud noise happens but the humvee won't drive.

And the third person camera just slides forward and dosn't work Plystire your awsome at scripting but please help me and so confused do I need to download anything else like previous mods you've made.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2008 18:32
I'll check out the door's .fps file, and see if anything has gone AWOL......

Indicium
Years of Service
User Offline
MadChicken:

At first I had your problem. The Entity you are driving needs to be a Character, Ply Explained above how to change the Humvee into a character. Lol, I found this out by driving a skeleton
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2008 23:29
Yes, in order for the scripts to work CORRECTLY, you MUST ensure that they are character entities that you are attempting to move around. Regular entities have friction problems with the ground physics system that cause them not to move and when they DO move they don't take orders very well.

@CG:

Glad to hear you found the root of the problem. Perhaps one of that door's files became corrupted.

@Peter gee:

Um, yes, there's an alpha version of the mod needed for the scripts to work. It's been attached to one of my previous posts on page 8. Please read ALL of my posts up until now so that you can prevent doing something wrong ahead of time.

The one and only,

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2008 05:33
You no...If you really really want to, I might just let you give me the source to put in my mod Jokesies But seriously...

Airmod made by Airslide
eekish
Years of Service
User Offline
this is AMaZING WORK!!!!OMG!!! U ROCK!!!but can u get in trouble for modding FPS creator it happens with Halo3s forge mode
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2008 13:54
Quote: "but can u get in trouble for modding FPS creator it happens with Halo3s forge mode"

Um, no.

MadChicken Games
Years of Service
User Offline
So can the vehicle script work with normal characters like robots ect.
MadChicken Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Ply would you please go over the changing it from an object to character again I've got the humvee and I just looked in the file and I have 3 parts to the humvee if I post a pic of the file will you show me what to do because it already said the .FPE on one of the parts

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Indicium
Years of Service
User Offline

Ok heres my problem. I have made this script to work for the humvee, with gears (Yes I know you could just put it in gear 5) However when i have a humvee with this script, I just fall through the floor and I move the camera at all. I cant see what is wrong with it so im wondering, ply, anyone, Do you know whats wrong with it?
Indicium
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Small update:

Here's my thoughts for more additions to the Mod before it hits beta:

- Camera collision (Either Scripted or automatic... perhaps both)
- Entity velocity control
- Ability to toggle gravity for entities (And not just turn it off forever )"

Camera Collision Please, also please fix the vehicle collision problem

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 01:23:18
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 01:23:18