Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Official Ply's Mod Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2009 07:00
If you're only wanting reflections, then you can use the stock "bumpcubereflectalpha" shader on your weapon.

Then just include a "_cube" texture of your gun. If your gun uses the "gun_D" texture then name the cube map "gun_cube". This texture should actually be an image of the scenary that you want reflected on the weapon. Next, make a "_R" texture for the gun. This should have solid white spots in the positions that the texture should be reflective. In spots that should not be reflective, make it solid black.

Do that, and you should have decent reflections.

The one and only,

Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2009 09:02
Thank you plystire, you never fail at helping people.
java4
Years of Service
User Offline
If you buy Air Mod, it comes with some Errant AI weapons. If you buy Ply's Mod, do you get them since they are merged?

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2009 23:11
Aww, you're discontinuing the mod?!

I suppose it came as far as it could go, though. There was little else that could be added that isn't in PB...

It's a real shame you won't continue your work, Ply...

If we're all God's Children, then what's so special about Jesus?
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2009 02:16
You're most welcome, Lewis.

@CG:

I appreciate all the support you and the others have given me and my Mod so far. It means a lot, really!

I have to move on to bigger and better things, though. FPSC is holding me back from what I know I can do. And to move forward, I have to leave it behind.

I'm really sorry for leaving like this, but I have stuck around to fix most of the bugs in this Mod and Project Blue, so that people can enjoy the features to their fullest. After that, I would really like to move on.

I know I could have made the Mod so much better than it is, but dealing with the constant set backs due to existing bugs in FPSC, or problems with DBP. It has caused quite a headache, to be honest.... I mean, the FS3 that I had set up had been giving me a HUGE bug... and I spent 3 weeks or so trying to fix it, spending many nights staring it down and getting no where........ only to find out that it wasn't broken at all!!!! I had wasted all of that time because I thought there was something wrong with my code and there wasn't. I can't deal with that kind of environment anymore.

The one and only,

Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2009 02:43
Quote: "I have to move on to bigger and better things, though. FPSC is holding me back from what I know I can do. And to move forward, I have to leave it behind."

Well Ply, you will be missed. I wish you the best of luck in all of your future ventures. Just don't forget to pop in and say "Hi" to all of us who remember you.

Thanks a ton for all you've done for us, and best of luck in your future ventures,
Crusader2

P.S. You wouldn't care to inform us what those "bigger and better things" are, would you?

Some people say that I'm crazy... And I agree.
USE PLY'S MOD!
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2009 10:13
Yeh, come back and show us how it goes, good luck...

If we're all God's Children, then what's so special about Jesus?
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2009 16:24
I know what these big things are, but I dont know if they are being kept under wraps. Agreed with the others, but I understand your motives for leaving. Kind of been dealing with it this whole weekend.

Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2009 16:27
Quote: "I know what these big things are, but I dont know if they are being kept under wraps."

Kravenwolf

Bibo4PC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2009 18:54
It's been an honor getting to know u and I wish best luck with wutever ur gonna try next am sure u'll be amazing in it too..

~Level my Dragon~[/url]
Best Wishes..
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2009 19:52
Lol @ Krav

freak of nature 64
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2009 20:28
What now!?

bla bla bla Mr. Freeman
Slaur3n
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2009 18:27
hey.. just bought fps creator x10, read that ply mod didnt work with x10, that was in april 08.. does ply mod work with x10 now?
Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2009 18:34
No mods work on x10 as the source for x10 hasnt been released.
proart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2009 17:43
Hey Ply!
How do you do this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGS7HWGiTdI

There is a lot of character in the level but there is no frame dropping? how is this possible?

sorry my bad english!
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2009 03:58
That's because those characters are pretty much the only entities in the entire level.

The one and only,

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2009 20:52
@Ply

So your mod is finished. Well done!

I was slightly concerned to read about your plans for leaving though. We are on the verge of receiving the map editor source which will open tons of possibilities for the engine. Terrain, bigger map sizes, custom map editor properties and tools, a 3d sandbox editor, etc.

You've done 3rd person and vehicles but wouldn't the next logical step be to get large terrain maps working in the engine for example.

Your work here is not done yet.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2009 03:16
Sorry, Nomad, but my work here is long past over. There's only so many disappointments I can handle with a project and I've had way more than I should have had to put up with.

The one and only,

Mr Bigglesworth
Years of Service
User Offline
You have done great Ply, I don't ask anymore of you, you are truly awesome.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2009 13:13
As is the work you've done so far, it's to be congratulated...

Hope all you're problems get sorted out mate...

If I was ever given the opportunity to remove all the bad from the world, I wouldn't, because for there to be heroism, compassion and all that is good, there must also be all that is bad.
FPS Creator G0D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2009 06:29
Ply, I tried to download your mod, but when I go to your site, I get this error. 'Access denied for user 'rgccampa_plysmod'@'localhost' (using password: YES)' It loads the site, but it doesn't load anything on the side bar. [Picture of the problem attached]

I'm the one who's gonna die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2009 07:03
Ply's Mod is discontinued.

To use the latest version of Ply's Mod, you'll need to use Project Blue.

The one and only,

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 07:14:08
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 07:14:08