Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Official Ply's Mod Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2008 22:43
@MadChicken:

PLEASE post all images in .jpg format (Make sure it isn't .JPG because having it all capital makes it mess up)

Now, you also need the .X file for the humvee. After you get that, open the FPE file in Notepad and copy paste information from another character (Just pick one of the characters) into it. This will make THAT humvee into a character entity. Also, if you didn't over-write your other humvee entity, make sure you are grabbing the right one out of the entity library in FPSC. If you got the right one and did everything right, then the humvee should have all of the same properties as a character entity.

@Mad Nightmare:

There a couple problems I see with your script... both of them happen on this line:

Notice that you have TWO colons on this line. That's error #1. Change the colon after "state=2" to a comma.

Second problem with this line is... you don't change the state to a different state to continue operation, so it will be stuck on state 2 indefinitally.

Change those and let me know how it goes. It's a good looking script. I like how you've done much more to my existing script than just changing a couple values. Not many people do that! *thumbs up*

The one and only,

Whosoever says, "Don't sweat the small stuff," is obviously not a programmer.
Peter gee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2008 16:34
plystire have u actually posted the mod yet?

and if so i have efx mod and i don't want to lose the water capabilitys is there any way you can use 2 mods

computer cookies are not tasty i found that out the hard way

MadChicken Games
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Plystire

So how do I get the .X file and I know what your thinking I'm usless but I'm just and amature not good at the whole file thing so help would be great.
Indicium
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2008 19:43 Edited at: 10th Jul 2008 21:41
Oh yeah, Sorry, Fixed that, I was careless

Checked it through again and found more mistakes, lol

Ok Now i have the problem of, when i start the game, instead of falling the floor instantly, I fall through the floor once i get into the humvee,
Sorry as im not on my normal computer i cant show you the script, but i will post it soon

Thanks For the Thumbs UP

EDIT: My problem Might be due to the fact that i dont change the state, dont know if i fixed that or not, lol

EDIT: Ok heres my script, made some editations, but i dont think the problem if fixed...

Ply, See any problems?
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2008 22:27
Awesome mod Ply but I have a question. And I'm sure this has been discussed but there are so many posts.

I'm playing around with the dual wield but when I'm dual wielding weapons I can't switch to a two handed weapon that can't be dual weld. How do I do that? I'm sure I'm just missing something.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2008 01:50 Edited at: 11th Jul 2008 01:52
Let's start at the top...

@Peter gee:

I have posted an Alpha version of the mod on the last page. It is incomplete and has some bugs in it.

No, you cannot have 2 mods. All mods require the same file name and because of that they cannot exist at the same time within your FPS Creator folder.

@MadChicken:

Inside your entity folder where the original humvee entity was should be a "humvee.X" file you'd be better off just copying all of the humvee files from it's original folder into the user folder.

And I suggest if you want to make computer games then you get very familiar with files and how to deal with them.

@Mad Nightmare:

Two things wrong with this line:
1) It changes the state to 2... and you do not have a state 2 in your script. Just delete that part.
2) You have a comma at the end of the line, as well as a space before one of your actions. Those are bad scripting habits to get into and may cause issues later on. Get rid of them.

Keep at it. If anything, this is a good learning experience for you.

@Jenkins:

If you are currently holding two weapons and scroll through your available weapons with the mouse wheel, it will skip over ANY weapons that cannot be dual-wielded. Also, if you use the number keys to change weapons WHILE dual-wielding it will not switch to that weapon if it cannot be dual-wielded.

I'll make a note to change this. Now that I think about it, if you're dual-wielding and you select a non-dualwieldable weapon using the number keys, then it should unequip both weapons and bring up the one you selected into the hand that you wanted.

Thanks for that.

The one and only,

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2008 01:56 Edited at: 11th Jul 2008 01:56
Quote: "If you are currently holding two weapons and scroll through your available weapons with the mouse wheel, it will skip over ANY weapons that cannot be dual-wielded. Also, if you use the number keys to change weapons WHILE dual-wielding it will not switch to that weapon if it cannot be dual-wielded.

I'll make a note to change this. Now that I think about it, if you're dual-wielding and you select a non-dualwieldable weapon using the number keys, then it should unequip both weapons and bring up the one you selected into the hand that you wanted.

Thanks for that."

I did something productive and didn't even mean too lol. I thought I was just retarded and was missing something lol.

I have to say, so far this is my favorite mod. Between the dual wielding, the new recoil system, and the vehicles, hell I just love it.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2008 02:37
Thanks, Jenkins!

I hope that weapon swapping bit won't get on your nerves too much. To overcome it, simply unequip one of your hands then all of the weapons will become available for selecting.

The one and only,

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2008 02:41
Quote: "To overcome it, simply unequip one of your hands then all of the weapons will become available for selecting."

I'm not sure how to do that though lol.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2008 02:46
Press '0' to unequip your right hand and Ctrl+0 to unequip your left hand.

That 0 thing has been in effect since V1.0 of FPSC.

The one and only,

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2008 02:54 Edited at: 11th Jul 2008 02:57
Oh lol. I never use the number keys lol. Thank you Ply.

[edit] Ya that's cool to know lol. As long as there is a way to switch to a two handed weapon I'm happy.

MadChicken Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey Ply I got the humvee from a download from this site I didn't accually find it I was just goin through the models and media forum and found the hidden humvee so I downloaded the file and the three files in the pic were all it came with it so just to make it easy for me and you could you post your humvee that you used because it is already a character so this can end this problem and take one thing off your shoulders.
Jasonorc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2008 10:21
or...maybe you could just let him get on with his life, and hopefully he'll release something better than just a model soon

My site: www.skyknight.co.uk
xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
It's in Model Pack 2 or something...
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2008 23:59
@MadChicken:

Or, I could NOT post it and uphold the rules around here for not posting Model Pack media.

It's illegal to release bought media, you know. Model Pack 2 came with my FPSC, but I dont' know about yours, so if it didn't then I'm afraid you'll have to go buy it or find some other workable model.

I've posted the steps to change something into a character, it's not that hard and I trust that youa re capable of doing it yourself.

@Jasonorc:

Your thought is appreciated, but please be kinder with your words to people.
When I get back to this is uncertain. It may be never, and it may be very soon. I just don't know.

The one and only,

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2008 00:22
WWHHOOOO! Found the source of the bug, I must've went over the decal limit in my level, how many is that, by the way.....

God what a relief, well, I'm gonna start production on my game again, wish me luck.......

Also, I was wondering wether the source for your mod is up for sale Ply, I won't be able to buy ay time soon, but later I'd like to use it as a template on how to build a game engine in DBP, I'm gonna try and get the simplest of customisations into it, but I'll use your source on the variable system as a guide on how to make an advanced engine......

MadChicken Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Ply I've had a real good think so if I copy the .fpe file and change it to a .x file then change the .fpe file into a ready made character I will have it.
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2008 02:02

Add those lines in the .fpe

ischaracter = 1 is the important line. I'm not sure if the other ones are necessary but I put them in anyways. It takes a whole 10 seconds to make an entity a character.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2008 02:16
@CG:

Good to hear.

I don't know if I'll ever be selling the source.

@MadChicken:

Don't change file types. There is no need. Just add "ischaracter = 1" to the entity's .fpe file.

The one and only,

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2008 02:18
I'll give you $43,562,245,765,867,983,453,425,234 for it

Airmod made by Airslide
xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
I think that's more money than in he world.
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2008 05:25
I'll give you 457¢ for it lol. I only said that because I accidentally figured out how to make the cents sign lol.

Ply just throwin it out there, this mod is frikin awesome. I'm running 34fps every on my map.

MadChicken Games
Years of Service
User Offline
So have I done this correct.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2008 13:55
I have a bug to report, when using the RUNDECAL=0 command, the frames of the decal overlap each other and it doesn't simply go through them 1 at a time.....

Screen attached:

Attachments

Indicium
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2008 16:01 Edited at: 12th Jul 2008 16:13
Cheers Ply

Ill check through the whole script again to check for mistakes

EDIT: Checked it through, made some changes, havent had a chance to test it, but i want to make sure its ok
first

See any problems??
Indicium
Years of Service
User Offline
@ madchicken

Since Im geting quite sick of ya lol ill post the fpe file
Make sure that the X file of the humvee is called Humvee.x and is in the same folder and the Texture is humvee.dds (or if its TGA then change it)

xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2008 19:18 Edited at: 12th Jul 2008 19:19
I've got a good idea for you, Ply. What about an "plrcolliding" scripting condition to check if the player is colliding with an entity?
That would make giant flying things that the player can walk into possible. (BF2142 Titan, anyone?) All we'd have to do is have a script like this:

...Or something like that. I dunno. It seems like it'd involve a bit too much messing with ODE, especially when you've got the vehicle collision problem.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2008 19:40
@CG:

Don't know what the problem is there, I never messed with decals.
Might be something to keep in mind.

@MadChicken:

Take Mad Nightmare's advice.

@Mad Nightmare:

To keep you learning, I'm just going to tell you what'll happen if you ran that script.

1) The PlrLives hud is not going to disappear when you enter the vehicle.
2) The vehicle will not move because you are only moving the camera. (Hint: "Binding")
3) Your "keypresses" will not work. Syntax may be wrong.

Let's leave it at that for now.

@Xyzz:

Not a bad idea, altho not one I would put at the top of my list.
I had that same idea but for cameras.

The one and only,

xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2008 04:21 Edited at: 13th Jul 2008 04:21
@ Ply:
Because of the ODE issues, or the fact that it may be a command rarely used, or both?

Personally, if I were in your shoes, I wouldn't because I don't think it'd be used enough, unless we had a bunch more things that would most likely be hard to add in.

Plus, although I've only looked at FPSC's source once in Notepad, I'd bet that dealing with ODE to do such things would be a problem, to say the least.
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2008 09:11
Notepad? Random

[url=][/url]The Ultimate Fpsc Mod, sprite particles, intense battles, high fps, 40 characters, one room.
Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2008 12:50
This is a bit off-topic, but doesn't STALKER - Shadow of Chernobyl use ODE? I think I read about that somewhere, I might be mistaken though. If it does, then the physics are better used than they are in FPSC. The barrels tumble and roll in STALKER, and that's one thing I'd like to see the barrels do in FPSC too.

Wait a minute. Source mod... Ahem, Ply? I've got a suggestion for you...

Check out the Gunn3r Games web-site and its growing community, and expand the joy of indie development!
http://www.gunn3rgames.net/
xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2008 15:43 Edited at: 16th Jul 2008 15:45
@ Roger Wilco
Yes, it does... ODE is the greatest physics thing to come to game developers in a long time. However, I think Stalker has a few "special" things that the developers put in so that it would seem like the physics were as good as some expensive physics engine, like Havok or PhysX. I think the ODE thing was simply to save money.

@ Sgt Rampage:
I don't have DBPro. I guess I could grab that DarkPhysics trial thing, but in all reality, I was just curious about the source, so I downloaded the DBPro 6.6 extras pack to look at it. It's pointless to open it up in any kind of fancy editor or anything, because I don't even have the tools to compile it...
Indicium
Years of Service
User Offline
**UPDATE**

Rewrote script from scratch. I have now decided to REMOVE gears because of the following problem which i cant seem to fix. My gear 1 works perfectly, however when you switch gears, only the camera speeds up, it then overtakes the humvee,and somehow when this happens the colision for the humvee is completely non-existant.

So far, i have steering and movement, which i wrote from scratch, i plan to implement Fuel, A CD player and Radio, Realistic car problems like Tyre Wear which will then affect the steering, If i do make a fix for my gear problem, i will implement the car stalling when you try to switch gears without the clutch ect.

I also plan to make, not only car scripts that are completly user controlled, but Civillian Cars, As im trying to make a game simular to GTA. I may also make scripts for police cars. Both of these scripts will follow waypoints untill they are stolen or in the police's case, if they see the player exessivly speeding or any other crime, they will persue the player.

Currently in the script i am having a few problems with the camera but they will not be too hard to fix. Once i have added the ability to leave the car, I will post for all.

Will Update soon

Cheers
Nightmare
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 01:02
What exactly is ODE physics?
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 02:00
Quote: "What exactly is ODE physics? "

Open Dynamics Engine.
http://www.ode.org/

A.K.A. Free physics for the masses

ODE itself is supposed to be pretty capable, I think the DBP wrapper for it was somewhat poor though. More-so would be FPSC's implementation of it, which doesn't seem to bother with any sort of difference in materials and such (and the gravity is too low - always bugged me, I should go fix that ).

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 02:00
ODE physics is a free third-party C++ library that can be used for physics simulation in games.

It's not the most powerful physics engine out there, but it does the job.

The one and only,

conmon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 04:03
Well, every time I tried to run a new level from scratch with this or an older level, it crashes. It says extra debug info I think.

Oh, got it to work... everything is pitch black.

Good Games = Halo, Doom, Marathon, F.E.A.R., Blood, and Half Life 2!
Indicium
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 20:34 Edited at: 18th Jul 2008 16:07
Quote: "Well, every time I tried to run a new level from scratch with this or an older level, it crashes. It says extra debug info I think.

Oh, got it to work... everything is pitch black."

I get this error with ply's mod, Just move it to the side, This does need fixed though
MadChicken Games
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Mad Nightmare

I doen't work it says illegal line somthing unsure what is goin on heres an idea can someone post there own vehicle that is already a character I just wanna try out the script this is so confusing.
xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2008 18:11 Edited at: 20th Jul 2008 18:15
I haven't tried it at all.

Ply's Mod crashes on me because of the 1.12 update, and I can never revert to an older version... It just gives me countless errors.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2008 19:09
Yeh, V1.12 builds the map files differently form V1.07, so that's the problem.....

I use V1.09, so I get the store and auto ceilings, yet still get to use mods....

Indicium
Years of Service
User Offline
@madchicken

Did you change the name of the model and texture... And did you put them all in the same folder?
xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
1.09 didn't work with it, either. I'm waiting for when we get the same source as the same version.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2008 09:47 Edited at: 21st Jul 2008 22:13
Quote: "1.09 didn't work with it, either."

Works fine here. What are your specs and what's the bug that's coming up?

-=EDIT=-

Bug report. Whenever I fire up the test game, and click on the OK button, it'll open the FPSC Game file, but then the whole thing will fail, and I get this error message, (attached).....

This is on any map, not just the one shown....

Attachments

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2008 23:29
CG, you should know better than to post a pic with an all-caps extension.

Like that, the forum will just ask you to download some php file.

The one and only,

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2008 00:13 Edited at: 22nd Jul 2008 00:48
Stupid Paint, but the link works perfectly for me....

-=EDIT=-

Used Filezilla to edit the extension....here you are......

-=EDIT2=-

Nevermind, I found the problem.....

Indicium
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey ply why dont you team up with Nighthawk and Urlforce.. Id love Vehicles in multiplayer with amazing light effects
Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2008 20:16
that would be cool

I know not what WWIII will be fought but I do know that WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones-Albert Einstein
Indicium
Years of Service
User Offline
Yupp lol... Ive started modding the engine myself (although i dont have the power to compile it) using notepad. So far i have done the Following:

Looked at the source for a while
Reduced the Map size

LOL
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2008 01:18
Quote: "Hey ply why dont you team up with Nighthawk and Urlforce"

Urlforce is doing his own project as of right now... I've already declined my services to him.

Nighthawk does not wish to engage in transactions of our modded sources. I will keep his reasons confidential. (Mainly because I more or less forgot the reason. ) To put it bluntly, our views upon how the release should be treated are far from similar.

And to top it off, I'm not modding this at the time being. I have told everyone that I have things to deal with and this Mod is and shall remain at the bottom of my ToDo list right now. So, with that said, until I have NOTHING ELSE in my life that needs doing, the Mod will be indefinitally on HOLD until further notice.

I am willing to answer questions. And, at times, may be willing to help out will small tasks. But I will under NO CIRCUMSTANCES alter the Mod right now.

Apologies for the harsh and capital words.

The one and only,

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 01:23:39
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 01:23:39