Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Official Ply's Mod Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2008 17:21
yes please. air mod is awesome.

User of AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2800+ 2.08GHZ CPU, 1GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 256MB Memory Graphics Card.
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2008 20:14 Edited at: 4th May 2008 20:35
im just going to retract my previous statement and say

it doesnt matter if you merge or not, just finish it so i can buy it lol

You'll Know When You See It.

Death has no end
flickenmaste
Years of Service
User Offline
sweet thx plystire...once i get fpsc ill prolly use these codes/mod
Macgames
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes for Airmod
Peter gee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2008 21:42
could you not have told us to have prepared a spare pair of underwear b4 we watched this now i've ruined my good underwear.

u rule plystire this is like the best thing ever developed for fpsc how much will this cost

computer cookies are not tasty i found that out the hard way

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2008 21:58
Ply - I think I already told you this, but no problems here if you want to sell your mod with AirMod in it. Credit is a must (I'm kinda obsessive over that) but I've got another way I'll be making revenue off this

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2008 22:17
Quote: "Hey, ply if you merge it can we still buy it and get your future mods free?"

Yup.

Quote: "yes please. air mod is awesome"

addvar=Yes 1

Wait... I mean, +1 to Yes.

Quote: "it doesnt matter if you merge or not, just finish it so i can buy it lol"

Lol, okay. I'm trying, I promise

Quote: "Yes for Airmod"

+1 to Yes

Quote: "u rule plystire this is like the best thing ever developed for fpsc how much will this cost"

Thanks! I hope you enjoy it when it comes out.

As for cost, someone I trust already purchased it for $30. So you can expect it to be either that, or around there.

@Airslide:

Yeah, your license told me. And, of cousre you'll get credit, I understand.

The one and only,

GOTH 1 SNIPER
User Banned
Posted: 5th May 2008 04:24
Plystire my bank acc is frozze is there a way i can send you the money "cash" by mail an when you see the money you can email the porgram to me or somthing like that?
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2008 06:16
Hmmmm, email me about it when V1.07 comes out. V1.06 is not for sale. Namely, because it hasn't been given registration capabilities.

Once V1.07 comes out, you won't require a "full version". You'll simply register the copy that you can publicly download.

The one and only,

GOTH 1 SNIPER
User Banned
Posted: 5th May 2008 06:27
Ok will do
xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
Add another to the list of people who want AirMod! I'm definitely in! I've also got another great idea. There should be a command to teleport the player to a certain location. I was thinking about making a nonlinear game using the NextLevel action, where the player, a detective would have to collect "evidence," (small cutscenes that enable other things to happen,) and eventually solve the crime (With lots of killing before getting there). However, creating one level for a city, and one level for each of the places the player can go from the city seems like it would limit how much free roaming can be done, with a limit of 50 levels. So what I was thinking is to have multiple places the player can go from the main city level within the same level, but set up so that they do not connect. When the player goes to enter a building, a script sets an X, Y, and Z segment location in that level for the player to be teleported to once the level loads.

Oh, one more thing... Not to be a pain but, when I asked about integration of Lemur with your mod, you never answered as to if we will ever see the two mods together. Could this possible be a reality? Lemur offers unprecedented speed increases, and the inclusion of water, and the physics for it are very good. So, because Lemur will be free, and you are on the Lemur team, does that mean that you get to use the source?

ARE YOU A LONE WOLF? CLICK BELOW TO JOIN THE PACK.
puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
yes

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2008 01:14
Lemur isn't really being worked on anymore, get with the times people.

[img]
[/img] Official Airmod fanboy. Member of the Airlside fan club
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2008 01:59 Edited at: 6th May 2008 02:00
Quote: "There should be a command to teleport the player to a certain location. "

There is, sort of, "PLRMOVETO=X move the player to a new location described by entity name X"

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2008 04:42 Edited at: 6th May 2008 05:13
Quote: "There should be a command to teleport the player to a certain location."

Well, aside from the already existing teleport commands: "plrmoveto=X" and "plrmoveifused"; I've also supplied a sort of... well work around to the buggy nature of the commands listed above. Many people are aware of the bug caused by the teleport commands. However, with the implementation of camera control in V1.07, there's a way to move the player to a specific area. (Teleportation)

cameraposx=0 $EPX
cameraposy=0 $EPY
cameraposz=0 $EPZ

By supplying the camera positioning commands with camera "0", they will effect the player camera and force a relocation (No matter how far away it is). The three commands I've shown above will move the player to the current entity's position. With that in mind, you'll need to make sure that the player cannot collide with the entity, causing issues. Also, if the entity is on the floor, it'd be wise to give the player a little more vertical positioning so that the player doesn't pop up halfway into the floor and fall down through it.

Anyway, yes I have a way to teleport the player around. And it is rather effective for setting up a free-roaming environment. With a little use of variables to determine where on the map the player will show up, as well as rotating the player camera upon spawning into the level, it will generate a very convincing effect.

Quote: "I asked about integration of Lemur with your mod"

Lemur is discontinued. I do have access to the source of it, but I have decided against using Lemur features in Ply's Mod at the current state. This is mainly because, I already have some of the speed increases from Lemur in Ply's Mod, and I would rather wait until the migration and V2 are over with to start doing things that have possibly already been given to Lee for implementation. I have already covered why I have excluded Water and Bloom from Ply's Mod as well. The timer-based system of AirMod V0.5 is not going to be included either. Airslide has also decided to remove the timer-based system upon the release of V0.6. We both understand the reasons. I believe Lee has already stated that he plans for a timer-based system in FPSC, and I'd rather he code it to ensure it's full compatability.

This concludes the discussion of Lemur in Ply's Mod. Hopefully I covered enough for everyone to be satisfied with my decision.

The one and only,

xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
Gotcha. All cleared up.

ARE YOU A LONE WOLF? CLICK BELOW TO JOIN THE PACK.
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2008 17:04
Quote: "By supplying the camera positioning commands with camera "0", they will effect the player camera and force a relocation (No matter how far away it is). The three commands I've shown above will move the player to the current entity's position. With that in mind, you'll need to make sure that the player cannot collide with the entity, causing issues. Also, if the entity is on the floor, it'd be wise to give the player a little more vertical positioning so that the player doesn't pop up halfway into the floor and fall down through it."

What would go well with this is a small teleport target (a small invisible ball perhaps?) with the collision turned off so the player could teleport right into it without fear of getting stuck.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2008 00:11
Exactly, Nickydude. I personally use an invisible character model that I created that's defaulted to a Spawn AI of "appear_invis.fpi" which keeps the models alpha setting at 0 and disables collision on it.

The one and only,

castek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2008 02:43
yes merge them NOW!!!!!!!!!! please

"The Beginning is the end."
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2008 03:49
Now? Why would I merge it into a system that isn't even working on it's own yet and introduce even more issues and even more code to look into for the cause of the issue?

Please don't be impatient. It's getting there, slowly but surely.

I'll let everyone know once V1.07 is ready for AirMod to be implemented.

The one and only,

Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2008 18:17
I vote yes. It's a great idea... As long as we don't have another Ignore This thread...

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2008 01:15
Lol, gunn3r.

I don't USUALLY tend to torture people with pics like that. One time thing, that's all.

The one and only,

xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2008 20:44 Edited at: 16th May 2008 21:09
Hey... I've got an idea for you. I do some C++ and C# programming, and although I don't use DarkBasic, I know that one can make a plugin for it in C++. I've been thinking, ever since I saw a post about MySQL functionality that FPSC could have a real kind of multiplayer, using a server. So with that said, would you be willing to implement some kind of multiplayer server functionality if I were to make the plugin? Tell me what you think.
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2008 23:47
There are already some really nice DBP multiplayer player plugins by Benjamin.

xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2008 00:06 Edited at: 17th May 2008 00:06
It's not an actual multiplayer plugin, more of a MySQL and Web Services plugin that has a primary application of accessing a database to retrieve player data. So really, it's not for the core aspect of hosting a multiplayer game, but for storing player information on a MySQL server, rather then storing it on a host of a game, because then there would be no central record of player passwords and stats, and if there were, the recorded information would most likely be easy to change and difficult to update.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2008 01:40
Well, i don't know about hard-coding it into the engine, there would need to be some sort of file that the engine reads to find out where to gather all of the data from... because I'm sure as heck not storing everybody's stats on my database, lol.

I would love to have a MySQL plugin for DBP, though, xyzz. If you can make it, I'll be sure to find a use for it.

The one and only,

xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2008 02:49 Edited at: 17th May 2008 02:49
The plugin would do these two things:

Way #1 to Write to the MySQL DB

When a multiplayer game is finished, the program reads the user name, password, ip address, etc. from the setup.ini file. It then contacts the server and posts the new stats.

However, this method is quite insecure. Hard coding the stuff in would also be impossible, and would be prone to memory watchers.

Way #2 to Write to the MySQL DB

When something shouldn't be happening client-side, it can happen server-side via XML Web Services. XML Web Services are a component of ASP.NET that allows for code to happen directly on the server.

What we would do is simple. The setup.ini file would specify a web service, and it would do all the work, just like a function doing what is in method 1, only server-side.

So I guess my plugin could do both.
xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2008 18:49 Edited at: 17th May 2008 18:50
Sorry for the double post, but does anyone know if DarkBasic uses managed C++ or unmanaged? I'm not sure which to make the plugin in.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2008 01:05 Edited at: 18th May 2008 01:06
I think that would be something for the DBP board.

Surly they would know.

[EDIT]

If you're making a DLL and not a real plugin for DBP, that'd probably be more favorable. Using a DLL in DBP is really easy and having a plugin is a bit more complicated.

[/EDIT]

The one and only,

xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2008 02:36 Edited at: 18th May 2008 02:39
Gotcha. I'll post in the DLL Talk board and see what they have to say. Once I'm sure what I'll be doing, I'm going to explain my idea in full. Until then, all I'm going to say is that it uses the command line compiler for .NET Framework using the csc command.
Zeldar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2008 04:18 Edited at: 18th May 2008 04:20
The video's awesome. Armor will be included, right?

EDIT: Ok, it is. What was that thing saying to the right most of the HUD?

Signed, Zeldar
.....what?
Keo C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2008 04:34
Quote: "MySQL plugin"

Didn't CR make one?

Image made by the overworked Biggadd.
xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Keo C

This does that and more. Having just a MySQL plugin would be very insecure, because the servre, password, etc. would be exposed to the end user. Even methods to protect those credentials would be pointless, because no matter what, it goes on client-side. I'm also doing web services, so that this can go on on any ASP.NET 2.0 and above server.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2008 17:50
Full congrat's Plystire, that vid is more awesome than what you said, and [i]that[/]i was awesome.....

Good luck with the collision, I haven't been able to log into my MSN for a while, it's been a bit.....annoying....

I'll update you more on that "thing" I was making for you later...

I have returned, after 28 days of exile, fear me!
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2008 00:01
Thanks, CG. Good to see you back.

Yeah, the collision is very annoying. I'm almost to the point where I'm thinking of just releasing V1.07 with the collision issue in there and fix it in the next update. I mean, vehicles are still possible. You just can't make them bigger than a normal character, lmao. Maybe like a small buggy or a scooter.

But seriously, though... nothing I do even effects the problem in a small way, so I'm no where close to getting it fixed right now. I've even run out of ideas short of completely replacing the collision system in DBP!!! Which, of course, I'm not going to do, because it effectively makes up more of the source than any other portion.

The one and only,

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2008 01:30
Well, when you are ready to move on to release, lemme know at least a week in advance so I can fix up 0.6 and make sure everything works. Don't want to throw more problems at you

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2008 18:06
If I remember rightly, the collision for big characters broke in the same update that "Null Space" was added.....

I guess you know ehat Null Space is, but if not it's that thing that stops dynaic entities from moving into open, segmentless areas.....

Perhaps it conjures sort of Null Space Collision box for characters for segment collision.....

Just grabbing at straws..... :S

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
This is looking awesome Ply but didnt think any diffrent from you anyway as your work always great.

Best s4

Orrion Carn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2008 23:38
I have a few questions for you Ply:

1. Will Ply's Mod be for sale?

2. What will the use license be? Both Commercial and non-Commercial or only one?

3. When do you expect this to be release?

Thanks!

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2008 23:41
I believe I can answer the 1st question without any problem:

1. Yes

The second question I believe would be:

2. Both (but Ply might have to qualify that or confirm it.

The third question, Ply will have to answer that.

3. ????

** We are not Alone **
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2008 05:18
Thanks for that CG, I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks s4, good to see you posting around a bit. Kinda thought you left us for good.

@Orrion:

1) Yes
2) Yes
3) Yes

Lol, if you buy the Mod, then it's for both. If not then it's for non-commercial only.

I will probably release this when I get myself a full-time job to support my habits and allow me to spend time on this, and when I can start finishing my school essays (One a week) on time. (God, I hate writing... if ever there were critics, it'd be for writing. Italicize this, punctuate that, capitalize that, underline this, and for God's sake ... use MS Word. )

Thanks for responding faster than I could, FL.

The one and only,

Orrion Carn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2008 07:00
Quote: "@Orrion:

1) Yes
2) Yes
3) Yes
"

1) Thanks
2) Thanks
3) Thanks

Lol!

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2008 10:47
Heh, you are most welcome, Orrion.

Quote: "when I get myself a full-time job to support my habits and allow me to spend time on this"

Well, wouldn't you know it... my reputation once again precedes me. Lol

I applied for a programming job earlier today, and about 2 hours after the application was put in, I got a call from the guys and the dude said:
"I just want to clarify that you are the <Plystire> that worked for <JohnDoe Corporation> two years ago." (My real name and the real company name were replaced for obvious reasons. )

I said yes, and he pretty much immediately asked for an interview for tomorrow.

So, if all goes well... that little bit will be out of the way. Lol

The one and only,

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2008 12:26
Quote: "(My real name and the real company name were replaced for obvious reasons. )"

got some warrents out for your arrest xD lol jk, good luck with interview.

You'll Know When You See It.

Death has no end
Orrion Carn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2008 20:46
Congrats Ply!

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2008 20:55
Good luck with sorting out that collision and your new job Ply...

xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
Good luck with your interview, Ply, and hope you get the collision sorted out so we can try (and buy) your mod!
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2008 00:02
Thanks for the words of encouragement, guys!

I just got back from the interview, and... I think they like me. Turns out they're working on a game! (Which I was not informed of by their website, lol)

They told me they'd have a decision made by the end of next week, so until then... I guess I better get started on these essays that I have piling up.

The one and only,

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2008 00:59
OOOO!!! What kinda game? Is it FPP? No, not that FPP, First Person Pwnage

[img]
[/img] Official Airmod fanboy. Member of the Airlside fan club
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2008 01:20
Hope they don't do that "Don't call us, We'll call you" stuff interviewers normally do......

I recko you'll get the job anyway, I mean, if they readted like this when they heard of you:
Quote: ""I just want to clarify that you are the <Plystire> that worked for <JohnDoe Corporation> two years ago.""

Then you're obviously something of an Indie Coding celbrity, (lol!), and will almost definitely get the job.....

Also, I'm gonna shoot you an E-mail concerning that...."thing" I was making, I'm more or less done, so I don't know if I should hold back on it's release 'til yo finish V1.07, or just release for V1.06....

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 01:20:26
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 01:20:26