Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Official FPSC Migration Discussion Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2009 09:25
I dont know. Wizzmod is getting pretty cool!
john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 1st May 2009 09:25
if it had those that would be amazing, but i hear wizz mod is going to be pretty amazing as well

shadow666
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 1st May 2009 18:20
What do You mean uncapped framerate?! Why do You think they cap the framerate in the first place? Ex> If You have a fast computer that runs a game in 1000fps when meant to play at 60fps it wourld not be possible to play the game at all!! Some stuff are really weird at this list when other things are mutch more important..

1. It shourld be possible to set Your own bounding-box size!

2. Bigger world support for landscapes/heightmaps..

"Right Man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world"
Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2009 18:29
Quote: "1. It shourld be possible to set Your own bounding-box size!

2. Bigger world support for landscapes/heightmaps.."

Lee is focussing on achievable features atm.

Uncapped framerate means that the system will use a timer based system to control everything. It's great for people with bad computers because the game will at least be bearable.

Migration Discussion Thread: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142497&b=21
Piracy Discussion Thread:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142774&b=21
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 1st May 2009 18:44
Its very VERY easy to add this two things if Lee wants..

Uncapped framerate means uncapped framerate. But Im glad You want to add Timercontrol instead of capped framerate..
(Perhaps You shourld add that to the list to avoid missunderstandings?)

Carrot for You Buddy...

"Right Man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world"
Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2009 20:29
Good news everyone! Look what I found while I was searching through the newsletter:

Quote: "Thanks to a great beta testing effort V115 is solid enough to keep the wolves at bay while work begins on the fabled migration project."

Migration Discussion Thread: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142497&b=21
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah i saw that to but then i went to the x10 thread and saw that lee is starting on beta v1.10

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 2nd May 2009 01:06
Quote: "just wanna put it out there, top 3 mods - blue mod, efx, and wiz (when it is done) i think, if lee, or whoever is making migration, could make some migration ultra mod, with migration+all those mods, they could probably charge over 150$ , they would be able to make so much money, and we would be able to make such amazing games, unfortunatly this would be hard/near impossible, but if achieved it could mean fpsc users could create the games you see and EB games."

Dude, its not going to happen. Get over it.

Anything is Possible!
john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 2nd May 2009 02:08
lol i know im just dreaming

shadow666
Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2009 09:35
Quote: "Dude, its not going to happen. Get over it."

Actually, it could. As the migration is open source, s4real, Ply, and Airslide could decide to incorporate the Blue UM mod into it.

zachrb
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmm so are we not going to get any update until this huge update or what?
Pride
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2009 23:44
Quote: "UPDATE 01/05/09

Good news! While searching through the news letter, I found:
"

HELL YEAH!!!

Man I can't WAIT!!! I'm hyped!!!

"Tempo non é só unha teoría, senón unha forza"
Try and figure it out
Kerrby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2009 09:43
Can someone please explain this migration to me?
Wazoo117
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2009 09:46 Edited at: 3rd May 2009 09:47
FPSC X9 ----> Migration <---- FPSC X10

"There are very few problems in life that cannot be solved by the proper application of high explosives"
Kerrby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2009 09:54
So X9 and X10 are merging together?
john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 3rd May 2009 10:00
basically, but theres a little more, (check the first message on the thread)

shadow666
Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2009 11:22
Quote: "Hmm so are we not going to get any update until this huge update or what?"

Lee is just clearing up a few more things with X10, and after that he should start thinking about the migration a little more

zachrb
Years of Service
User Offline
Question: If I but FPSC x10 will this be free? Will the be any reason to use it?
Wazoo117
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2009 02:39
I'm assuming you mean "buy". The funny thing is, I thought you already had X10, I mean, you talked about having it on other threads, now suddenly you don't have it? I don't mean to jump on you but it would be nice if you kept your story straight...

Quote: "Question: If I but FPSC x10 will this be free? Will the be any reason to use it?"

"There are very few problems in life that cannot be solved by the proper application of high explosives"
X Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2009 16:26
Quote: "Lee is just clearing up a few more things with X10, and after that he should start thinking about the migration a little more"

Great news

Caesar Green
Years of Service
User Offline
Question (sorry if this has already been answered)

One thing that would really make this game shine would be the ability to use weapons like grenades, grenade launchers, crossbows, bazookas, etc. in multiplayer. Do you think this would be possible to do for the migration version? Or are the same limitations still in effect for these?

Thanks muchly!
Wazoo117
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2009 07:22 Edited at: 7th May 2009 07:23
Explosives and Dynamic objects for multiplayer are probably going to be in the migration, if not, I will be very dissapointed...

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2009 07:25
Guys, seriously, stop getting so worked up about the migration. I reckon it's just a myth. You really can't depend everything on it's arrival.

"You are not smart! You are very un-smart!"
Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2009 07:42 Edited at: 7th May 2009 07:42
\EDIT: nevr mind
Caesar Green
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2009 16:55 Edited at: 7th May 2009 17:15
Quote: "Guys, seriously, stop getting so worked up about the migration"

Who's worked up? I just asked a question.

I think it's great right now as a single player game, with those weapons plus scripting, you can build all sorts of things and have fun with it. But as a multiplayer game it's rather limited right now, IMHO. I was just hoping that these parts would be addressed.

However, I agree somewhat with your assessment...is the migration version going to be sold along with their other products, say as a new version of FPS Creator? If not, I would expect that it's at the bottom of the list of "things to do", since revenue generating projects take first priority.
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
To Toasty Fresh: If the owner of The Game Creators says that there is going to be a migration then there will probably be one. It might take a while but I am sure that it is going happening in one from or another. I say just sit back and wait. If it doesn't come then you can say your were right. If it does then you will have no credit with the community at all because you said that it was a myth. Either way nothing is going to happen until it happens.

I myself am just going to wait and see.

Hope you have the best day ever.

Patience and tolerance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. Even the ones that know the most started with many questions.
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2009 14:17
I'm not saying it's *never* going to come (although I'd be mildly surprised if it did between now and 2012) it's just that I'm getting annoyed by everybody saying 'oh, no that's not available, though it will be in the migration' or 'I'm putting this on hold until the migration, it's too hard'. You act as if it's a perfect excuse for everything.

"You are not smart! You are very un-smart!"
Pride
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2009 21:02
I know what you're saying Toasty. I look forward to the migration because of the ragdoll feature! I don't really care about anything else, everything is right and dandy with v1.09 and Ply's Mod 1.08 and I couldn't be much happier with FPSC, except for ragdolls.

"Tempo non é só unha teoría, senón unha forza"
Try and figure it out
Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2009 21:55
Quote: "One thing that would really make this game shine would be the ability to use weapons like grenades, grenade launchers, crossbows, bazookas, etc. in multiplayer. Do you think this would be possible to do for the migration version? Or are the same limitations still in effect for these?"

Quote: "Explosives and Dynamic objects for multiplayer are probably going to be in the migration, if not, I will be very dissapointed..."

I think so, because Lemur II will be in the migration.

Wazoo117
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2009 02:33 Edited at: 10th May 2009 02:34
Quote: "One thing that would really make this game shine would be the ability to use weapons like grenades, grenade launchers, crossbows, bazookas, etc. in multiplayer. Do you think this would be possible to do for the migration version? Or are the same limitations still in effect for these?"

Quote: "Explosives and Dynamic objects for multiplayer are probably going to be in the migration, if not, I will be very dissapointed..."

Quote: I think so, because Lemur II will be in the migration.

That will make my day with just that!

NickM
Years of Service
User Offline
I really hope this migration happens, I only bought FPSC because I was reading the forums and saw that FPSC would have an awesome update that would contain all the features that I really liked. *cough* better multiplayer *cough*

But I do understand how it must be for Lee and all them to be doing all this stuff andgiving us a free major update.
Black Profductions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2009 23:17
I dont understand, will this be a FREE update? I tought it will be another program

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2009 23:19
If you own FPSC x9 or x10 and it's a legit copy, then it's free. If you don't own it, you'd have to buy it.

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2009 23:52
I just saw an update on the first page suggestingg the migration work would be starting now v115 has been made official.

Just to clarify v110 is currently being worked on for FPSC X10 to integrate the store and provide a few more bug fixes. The migration work won't be starting until thats released.
Black Profductions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2009 16:51
I own it, so better now ill have it for free!
I tought i had to bought it

But now i can have it for FREE yay!
I am very,very,very happy

incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I'm not saying it's *never* going to come (although I'd be mildly surprised if it did between now and 2012) it's just that I'm getting annoyed by everybody saying 'oh, no that's not available, though it will be in the migration' or 'I'm putting this on hold until the migration, it's too hard'. You act as if it's a perfect excuse for everything."

If someone makes an excuse that is going to hurt anyone it probably be themselves.

I personally am just biding time till the migration. Although I do make a game now and then for individuals for a small fee using the current version.

So far Lee is doing a bang up job.

Thanks lee.

Patience and tolerance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. Even the ones that know the most started with many questions.
john need a new name
User Banned
Posted: 14th May 2009 06:27
i think migration is already becoming a thing of the past it should focus on implimenting the amazing mods so it doesnt become outdated before it comes out
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
There is always the danger of having to play catchup after a products release. Hopefully it won't be that hard to get up to speed after the initial release. There are usually updates and add-ons and so on. Remember that FPSC started from scratch and it also started a little late in the games as far as game engines are concerned. Lee and team has a lot of catching up to do. All we can do is be patient and encouraging. Migration is not the last step for FPSC but the first step in a very long journey.

Hats off to TGC!!

The Fps Creator rocks!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2009 14:31
Make the next update like the EFX mod! Like the EFX mod! Like the EFX mod! Like the EFX mod! Like the EFX mod! Like the EFX mod!

I want a new computer!
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Don't be shy, The Fps Creator rocks! just come right out and tell us what you want it to be like. LOL!!

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Hats off to TGC!!"

I second that! Well Done..
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
This thread seems to have stalled a little.

Kerrby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2009 14:18
Well it's going to stall seeing we havn't had any official news recently.

WizMod Supporter.
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2009 17:15 Edited at: 9th Jun 2009 17:19
The X10 forum has not had any new developments lately either.
Did people go on vacation and not say "see ya later"?

I see that the it used to say that the migration version was going to soon be available in my purchase history but now it is not there. Dose that mean that the migration version will not be a free upgrade?

Does anyone have any news on that?

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
For existing users of X9 and X10 it will be free. Others have to pay.

Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2009 20:43
Don't worry, i will post updates when they come. When you see the thread near the top of the forum list, you can guess more news has come

Still looking out for more news, there was no mention of it in the newsletter.

Spycrabz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2009 22:52
i have an idea for the migration: sculptable terrain

what i mean is you can click a generate terrain button and sculpt it a la simcity 4 or leadwerks engine

other than that, better performance, ragdoll, fresnel water and better multiplayer, i think the migration will be awesome

-insert clever remark here-
Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2009 23:34
9001fps cap!(... *Sigh* see what I did there?/Lazy voice)...
Me wan't! Well, that's all I'll want to get into FPS(aswell as Water & Better physics).

"Your greatest teacher is your harshest critic"-'Butterfingers'
Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2009 01:36
I don't understand why people don't like the physics. What do you mean by "better physics"?

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I don't understand why people don't like the physics"

Pick up an object throw it and it doesn't even tip over.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 09:35:18
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 09:35:18