Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Project Blue UM edtion official thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2009 01:07
We will see. I wouldn't talk about it here, though. Contact myself or S4 on MSN about it.

The one and only,

Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2009 01:10
Quote: "also there is a little chance to get efx in"

Personally, I hope not. I don't care for amazing graphics that slow your PC down, and it will invariably push the price of this mod up.

Don't get me wrong, efx is great, but the resulting speed drop and price increase might not be worth it. Of course, with S4's timer system in there, who knows about the speed? Maybe time will tell.

Quote: "Maybe Ply, when Wizzmod gets finished, or worked on a bit more, it could be added to this super mod?"

That would be sick.

Best,
Crusader2

Some people say that I'm crazy... And I agree.
USE PLY'S MOD!
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2009 01:15
Don't worry, Crusader. It's being discussed, I'm sure. And rest assured that if it does get implemented, you will have the option of not using anything from efx, to improve performance. I think that is the core necessity of any feature in a Mod.... to have the ability to turn it off, as you see fit.

The one and only,

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2009 03:52
The statements below (in bold) are quoted from Lee's statements in YOUR thread, marc steene.

Quote: "Quote: "Extended multiplayer features"

So will the migration"

7.Will anything to do with multiplayer be changed?
NO PLANS TO TOUCH THE MULTIPLAYER SIDE AT THIS STAGE. PERHAPS WHEN THE MIGRATION VERSION IS ESTABLISHED WE CAN EXPAND THIS IF ENOUGH DEMAND IS SHOWN.

Quote: "urlForce confirmed a version of Lemur will be in the Migration"

17.Will you be implementing any of the features from Ply's mod (including scripting conditions/actions and camera control)?
THERE ARE NO PLANS TO TAKE FEATURES FROM THIRD PARTY MODS PRIOR TO THE COMPLETION OF THE MIGRATION VERSION. THERE ARE SOME GREAT FEATURES OUT THERE, AND I AM SURE THAT WITH PERMISSION I CAN USE A FEW OF THEM, BUT OFFICIALLY YOU SHOULD NOT EXPECT ANY.

Quote: "Quote: "Efficient timer integration "

The migration will have this"

Note: I said efficient. I have noticed many minor issues with X10's integration, such as mouse movement and camera bobbing. AirMod SE's integration, for instance, applies to more aspects of the game and therefore provides a more professional feel.

Quote: "Quote: "That means Dark Physics is a no-no "

Then why did he confirm that Dark Physics would be included in previous emails?"

Every e-mail I've gotten from him stated that ODE was still in use for X10, and that DarkPhysics implementation was possible but very unlikely. He'll probably find out (just as I did with my own engine) that there are numerous problems when switching to DarkPhysics due largely to its tendency to prefer "small-scale" simulations, whereas FPSC uses larger media. I don't mean in number of objects, but the actual number of units that makes up the size of the objects.

Quote: "Quote: "the score system is easily accomplished with variables"

But not everyone can script. The X10 points system is a lot easier to use."

If you can't script, mods are largely useless to you anyways. You are probably making games that consist of large rooms and poor entity placement. And even if you are making pretty scenes, it's doubtful that they are unique in any way other than appearance.

Quote: "Quote: "GPU instancing is a DX10 feature"

Which can be used in DX10 games. I don't really understand what you meant by that."

I mentioned it because you stated we'd be getting it as if it would work in X9 aswell, when it won't.

Quote: "Quote: "Whereas mods provide extensive gameplay enhancements."

And yet, people will still choose the migration over any mod."

You mean you will still choose migration over any mod.

Quote: "Quote: "and EFX has shown X9 can easily compete in the graphics department"

EFX is a ridicolously over priced mod with some excellent features. Yes it can compete, but seeming as the migration is free, i think people will pick the free official version over the $200+ or whatever-price-it-is mod."

That doesn't mean another mod won't pick up on it.

Quote: "Quote: "And I don't think you should place all your faith in something that's been promised for over a year now."

As a programmer yourself I would expect you to know that things can take longer than expected, and can run into problems. The reason it's been delayed is due to the X10 users whining about how they weren't recieving updates."

First off, X10 users have every right to whine, complain, scream and holler as much as you. Don't blame it on them.

Second, of course things run into problems. The biggest problem being that it hasn't been started. TGC does have a lot on their plate, but should you really be waiting 2+ years for something that won't be the revolution you were hoping for? Make a game now, with the excellent features people like S4, Ply, and myself have provided you with, especially since the end-user's experience will be superior.

@Plystire - Download Synergy IDE from the WIP board, it's what the new editor is based off of but the non-TGC version is far superior.

Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2009 09:13
Quote: "17.Will you be implementing any of the features from Ply's mod (including scripting conditions/actions and camera control)?
THERE ARE NO PLANS TO TAKE FEATURES FROM THIRD PARTY MODS PRIOR TO THE COMPLETION OF THE MIGRATION VERSION. THERE ARE SOME GREAT FEATURES OUT THERE, AND I AM SURE THAT WITH PERMISSION I CAN USE A FEW OF THEM, BUT OFFICIALLY YOU SHOULD NOT EXPECT ANY."

That was from back in January, before Lee confirmed that Lemur 2 will be in it.

Quote: "7.Will anything to do with multiplayer be changed?
NO PLANS TO TOUCH THE MULTIPLAYER SIDE AT THIS STAGE. PERHAPS WHEN THE MIGRATION VERSION IS ESTABLISHED WE CAN EXPAND THIS IF ENOUGH DEMAND IS SHOWN."

Read above. The same applies.

Quote: "Note: I said efficient. I have noticed many minor issues with X10's integration, such as mouse movement and camera bobbing."

I have no doubts Lee will be working on the timer system

Quote: "If you can't script, mods are largely useless to you anyways."

Some people can't be bothered/don't want to learn how to script.

Quote: "You mean you will still choose migration over any mod."

No. I mean the majority will

Quote: "First off, X10 users have every right to whine, complain, scream and holler as much as you."

While that may be true, I found that pretty stupid logic. Why delay the release of the migration for some bug fixes when they would be getting something so much better?

Quote: "waiting 2+ years for something that won't be the revolution you were hoping for? Make a game now"

I don't really use FPSC anymore.

Migration Discussion Thread: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142497&b=21
Piracy Discussion Thread:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142774&b=21
john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 1st May 2009 09:24
maybe !!!!! blue mod wiz mod and efx mod can make three mods lol! one with amazing graphics that slow you comp, one that doesnt slow it at all but has amazing other stuff, and one which has half of both! lol dont mind me.........im just dreaming

shadow666
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2009 09:46
@marc steene:

Quote: "Some people can't be bothered/don't want to learn how to script."

That may be true, but what if they wanted to use a script that only works in a mod? They don't need to learn how to script to do that, but they do need the mod for it to work.

Quote: "No. I mean the majority will"

Who are you to speak for the majority?

Quote: "Why delay the release of the migration for some bug fixes when they would be getting something so much better?"

Because in the end, we want:
FPSC X9 + FPSC X10

What we don't want is:
FPSC X9 + FPSC X10 + FPSC X10 Bugs

Lee may be able to squish the bugs while working on the migration, but I don't think people are wanting to sit around with these bugs while Lee's working on the migration.

Quote: "I don't really use FPSC anymore."

Why are you here then?

The one and only,

Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2009 10:07
Quote: "Why are you here then?"

Because FPSC has brought me into the world of level designing and basic scripting etc. and I've only recently decided to move onto a more advanced engine.

Migration Discussion Thread: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142497&b=21
rakker126
Years of Service
User Offline
Cool! I guess this mod is faster and better then V1.14?

As soon as it hgets 1.15 i'm buying for sure!

Now in the W.I.P. forum: operation sunlight
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=149451&b=25
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2009 16:56
Lee also "confirmed" that FPSC would have co-op multiplayer, manipulatable physics surfaces (ice, for example), and various other features back when the EA version was released. Yet I still see no sign of these features.

If Lemur 2 is integrated, I sure hope it's the stable half. I wasn't very fond of certain aspects of it.

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 1st May 2009 17:42
I buy it if You get the source as well. S4 I really think You shourld giving it a second thought about not useing the new source.
Even if You have done an awesome job with the biggest problem (The framerate issue) 1.07 is stoneage, and bugs like bullet decals angle, Enemy dissapear bug, Object cant be seen, Physics problems, Saving and loading bug etc..etc
Fix all theese problems and You will have more job than just porting it to 1.15.. If You sell with the old source then I really think that You shourld add the source as well, so We can fix the probs Ourself.. But if You port it, none wourld ask for the Source..

"Right Man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world"
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Update :

We now started importing Project blue features into the new source, its going to take some time but we made a start.

Best s4real

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2009 20:34
LOL!! Thanks

rakker126
Years of Service
User Offline
btw are there bugs or will it run just as smooth as fpsc now does?

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2009 20:55
"btw are there bugs or will it run just as smooth as fpsc now does?"

Smooth and faster, many many bugs have been fixed already by Lee..

By the way.. Set Me up as a buyer S4! (Just need to buy DBP soon though.)

rakker126
Years of Service
User Offline
I like to buy but i have wrong version

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2009 01:42
Quote: "We now started importing Project blue features into the new source, its going to take some time but we made a start."

Excellent.
rakker126
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, when the 1.15 version is out i'll buy!

Btw how much in euros?

Nighthawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2009 14:57
Quote: "Why EFX? That mod is an over priced
"

Quote: "EFX is a ridicolously over priced mod with some excellent features. Yes it can compete, but seeming as the migration is free, i think people will pick the free official version over the $200+ or whatever-price-it-is mod."

Well. efxMod hasn't been sold and is actually not sold. So actually, you're talking about incorrect assumptions.

Intel Xeon 3350 Quad@2,67GHz, Asus Commando, 2GB RAM, Thermaltake Shark, Sapphire Radeon HD2900XT, Samsung Syncmaster 245B 24"
Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2009 15:35
Quote: "Well. efxMod hasn't been sold and is actually not sold. So actually, you're talking about incorrect assumptions."

I'm just saying what it has been sold for so far. Obviously it's not expected to sell for that much when it's made public.

P.S You have a nice computer. Quad core

djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 2nd May 2009 15:52
Well Nighthawk if it isnt sold,why dont we get a piece of it? Worthless talking about it if you cant even see it.

OK back to topic.I just hope we get all mods into 1.15 soon.

A.K.A. chargerbandit
http://chargedstudios.fpschost.com/
rakker126
Years of Service
User Offline
Some questions:

1.When i buy will the 1.15 update be free?
2.How long do you think what it takes for the 1.15 version to come?
3.How much is it in euros?
4.Can you use the levels you create in the 1.15 scource when done?

Thanks!

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2009 22:41
At this current time, we cannot say when the porting to V1.15 will be complete.

If you were to purchase the Mod now, you will indeed get the V1.15 update and any future updates for free.

The price in euros? *Checks currency translator* Roughly 15... but I'm sure PayPal will do a conversion for you.

I'm not sure how well a stock V1.15 level will react to Project Blue once it's been ported. My guess is it would run fine, but we will have to wait and see.

The one and only,

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Update :

Work done so far.

1: Timer system imported to v1.15 source.
2: Multiplayer features imported to v1.15 source.

===============================================================

Best s4real

Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2009 16:57
Quote: "1: Timer system imported to v1.15 source.
2: Multiplayer features imported to v1.15 source."

Awesome. Simply awesome.

Some people say that I'm crazy... And I agree.
USE PLY'S MOD!
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2009 20:42
Yes, that does sound nice
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Update :

Work done so far.

1: Timer system imported to v1.15 source.
2: Multiplayer features imported to v1.15 source."

Very nice, good job can't wait till its finished, by the way when you say multilayer features does this include fpsc ip?

chidem
Years of Service
User Offline
S4 and all involved in this mod - it looks incredible - cannot wait for the new source port as I will definately 100% be buying! Thanks to you all!
Pride
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2009 00:18
I need some cash for this mofo! This looks awesome! I'm $10 short, though, but expect an immediate buy from em once you get it 1.15 integrated!

Thanks so much S4real, Ply, Airslide, and Urlforce for all this cool stuff to play with.

"Tempo non é só unha teoría, senón unha forza"
Try and figure it out
john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 4th May 2009 03:39
is the new ply mod, gonna be implemented?

shadow666
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2009 03:41
The current beta is in the process of being implemented. I'm not sure how long it will take as I left the task to s4real (what a guy ) while I concentrate on homework.

The one and only,

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2009 03:50 Edited at: 4th May 2009 04:01
Quote: "I left the task to s4real (what a guy )"

"Ace4real" lol!

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2009 01:21
Update for everyone, since s4 hasn't made the announcement.

Ply's Mod V1.09 beta has been implemented into Project Blue and is undergoing beta testing. This will take anywhere from a few days to a week or so to finish, just to give everyone an idea of how it's going.

The one and only,

Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2009 08:33
Thanks for the update!
creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2009 09:43
@Plystire: Indeed it has, and no other word can describe it other than awesome! Everything runs as smooth as silk.

CoZ

-Demon Sun: Lead Developer-
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2009 09:51
I'm very pleased to hear that, CoZ. Because before I sat down and optimized my old PM V1.08 light code... my lighting system dragged the framerate down very badly. It's good to hear that it's running smoothly.

The one and only,

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2009 13:50
Well now that 109 has been inplemented, I might as well just buy this rather than PlySolo

"I can't imagine what this place would have been like if I hadn't found you here." - BJ Hunnicutt
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
As ply said Project blue v1.6 is now in beta testing.

Best s4real

john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 5th May 2009 18:45
check wizzmod out for a possible addition project blue v2 (that has a good ring to it)

shadow666
Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2009 18:54
Im not trying to invade this thread, nor spam it, but:

john schwarcz- We probably wont. Our mod is a little different, and we already have more than 30 new commands that we hope to add.

Sorry again guys...
john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 5th May 2009 19:31
awww, oh well, i guess this mod is good enough already

shadow666
john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 5th May 2009 19:35
SmallScriptPack_Airmod
license.txt
PlysMod_ReadMe.doc
FPSC-Game.exe
AirMod_User_Manual_0_6.rtf
SmallScriptPack_Airmod.zip
FPSC_Model_Pack_9_10_Gunspec_Pack.zip

i downloaded the free version (gonna buy the other version when i get the time,) is this what is supposed to be in it?

shadow666
Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2009 19:52
E-Mail sent to all of you (Plystire, S4real and Airslide)

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@Cyborg Art : got email sorry but dont have the time.

Update :

Here's a few screenshots using Project blue beta v1.6.

Best s4real

Attachments

Login to view attachments
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2009 23:00 Edited at: 5th May 2009 23:01
Screenshot 2

Best s4real

Attachments

Login to view attachments
john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 6th May 2009 00:07
i thought there was bloom?

shadow666
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@john schwarcz
I dont know where you get your info but we never said bloom was ever going to be added to this mod.

Best s4real

john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 6th May 2009 00:57
oh, sorry, i thought lemur had bloom

shadow666
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2009 02:24
Bloom and Water were never put into Lemur. I was the only one who had that source and it never made it into the final build.

So... Lemur never had Bloom or Water.

The one and only,

john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 6th May 2009 05:11
oh ! well this might be put into migration right? if so then we would have bloom and water

shadow666

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-01 20:50:09
Your offset time is: 2024-05-01 20:50:09