Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Project Blue UM edtion official thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2009 23:05
Quote: "When you purchase this Mod, you are given a unique executable. So should you attempt to upload your copy onto the internet, it will have your name plastered all over it (not literally, but we made the Mod so we know how to find out who it belongs to) and you will no longer receive updates to the Mod."

this is a good idea against pirating good job !

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "this is a good idea against pirating good job !"

indeed.

@S4REal: I am back from Paris and Brussel. So i have time now .

Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2009 16:24
Quote: ""this is a good idea against pirating good job !""

Hmm... When someone releases a legal game using blue mod won't anyone be able to take the executable and use for themselves or distribute to others?
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 30th May 2009 18:22
Lol how would that look? Lets say me taking your Project Blue .exe and my screenshots would say User Scurby Lobster.

A.K.A. chargerbandit
[href]http://chargedstudios.ultimatefpsc.com/[href]
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2009 21:18
That would probably make me look like the evil nasty distributor of illegal software...

Pirating really can't be stopped. DRM in almost any form has been a big failure for the gaming industry recently. Focus on the legal buyers and don't make them look bad when they actually pay for the software. Pirates will always be here no matter what is done.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2009 00:25 Edited at: 31st May 2009 06:36
The executables created by Project Blue for use with released games will be incapable of being used as an FPSC-Game.exe replacement. This issue has already crossed our discussions and is sorted out. I appreciate the concern, but fear not. Pirates will not be able to simply swipe your game's executable for themselves.

With that in mind... the ONLY way for a pirate to receive a fully functioning copy of Project Blue would be for YOU to give it to them, thus we would know who the initial pirate was.

Quote: "Pirating really can't be stopped"

No, it can't. But it wasn't our goal here to stop them full-on. Our goal was to keep the wannabe pirates from taking it without much effort. Anyone can copy an executable from a released game and use it for themselves, so we've countered that. Anyone can give somebody else a copy of their software and then play the pointing fingers game saying "It wasn't me", so we've countered that as well. We have also countered a few other methods of taking it, but let's just leave it with this.

Come the next update, there will be higher security for the Mod.
Now, I'm not just worried about people stealing Project Blue, I am also concerned for people who have precious media that they want to protect. Would it be in the best interest of the community to have your built game's media automatically protected?

The one and only,

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2009 02:43
Seeing as it's using V1.15, that's not an issue, it has basic media encryption with it.

"You are not smart! You are very un-smart!"
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2009 06:30
Is that so? Then how come all of the sound files are in perfect .wav format? The models are in DBP's native .dbo format and load very easily into DBP. The text files and scripts aren't encrypted either... in fact, FPSC just copies your entire scriptbank into your built game's scriptbank, even if the scripts aren't being used.

That doesn't sound like a very good "encryption" system to me.

The only thing I see that's even remotely encrypted would be the image files... but those are simply packed into a file block that I can extract the contents from quite easily.
(I won't say how... as that would completely defeat the purpose of using it if I did )

What I'm asking is if you would like to have an option to fully encrypt ALL of your media files, as this would provide even further protection for your media. (Yes, even the imageblock file that contains all of your images would be encrypted)

The one and only,

GamerDude
User Banned
Posted: 31st May 2009 10:37
S4real, i emailed you.

thanks

Your signature has been erased by a mod because combined with the text it's taller than 600x120
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2009 12:54
Plystire: thanks for clearing up the pirate discussion for us.

Encryption/media security would be nice but I have to ask at what cost? I think that many of the FPSC launchers we have available really slow down the launch of the game due to a lot of decompression. This isn't a great user experience in my mind and I don't use these programs for this reason. My other problem is if it begins to look like restrictive DRM where users can't Alt+Tab when running the game and/or enter encrypted folders. This really pisses a lot of users of and it can also create problems with the OS. I have had some crashes in Windows Vista when testing some of the launchers we have available.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 31st May 2009 16:14 Edited at: 31st May 2009 16:16
Quote: "Encryption/media security would be nice but I have to ask at what cost?"

Plystire,

I have no idea (of course) what type or means of "media encryption" you have in mind, but seeing as there were some very mixed results with previous attempts, it seems a valid question. Will it be configurable (on/off)?

You mention how FPSC just copies the script bank into your built game. Will Blue have a fix for that?

Brian.

Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2009 22:58 Edited at: 1st Jun 2009 09:41
I like the media protection idea, but please don't do what s4real did once with his mod (i believe most of these issues are now fixed by his later releases). It completely ruined Eldora. You couldn't Alt Tab, Escape, Control Alt Delete, Alt+F4 - any way to minimise the game etc. I couldn't exit the game which resulted in me restarting my computer. My Task Manager was then completely disabled without the game, which meant i had to download a fix provided by s4real to get it working again. What a pain. And to top it all off, it didn't actually protect the files, which I easily accessed (the mod just extracts it to a folder).

I'll be buying this soon for one of my projects. Keep up the good work.

EDIT: Sorry, not s4mod. I meant Vishnu.

Migration Discussion Thread: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142497&b=21
Piracy Discussion Thread:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142774&b=21
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2009 00:16
Thank you for the input, everyone.

Quote: "Encryption/media security would be nice but I have to ask at what cost?"

Optimization comes first and foremost for this Mod, so if a feature makes it in, you can be assured that it's been optimized to provide the most speed that it can.
The Mod will not restrict any usage of the Mod in terms of minimizing or system controls (i.e. Ctrl+Alt+Del, Alt+Tab)
The files are not going to be compressed into the executable, thus no extracting will need to occur. All of your files will instead be encrypted and stay where they are, then decrypted internally by the Mod when they are loaded.
From my experience with this feature so far (using a test program) the encryption and decryption processes are quite fast. On the other side, however, since there IS extra work for the application to do, it will take a little more time to load the media.
I still have a few ideas for speeding it up even more, but at this moment the system can encrypt, decrypt, and load a 5.33MB file in just over 200ms.

Quote: "Will it be configurable (on/off)?"

That's a good question. Yes, you will be able to choose between a couple of encryption options: Full, Soft, and None. Full will take longer to encrypt and decrypt (though the time difference is still minimal as portrayed in the 200ms above), but provides a lower level encryption. Soft encryption will be substantially faster than Full encryption (this is the recommended option right now since it uses the same technique as the Full encryption).

Quote: "You mention how FPSC just copies the script bank into your built game. Will Blue have a fix for that?"

I'm hoping to have Project Blue only copy over the scripts that are necessary for your game to run. I've only given it a quick glance right now and it seems easy enough to get done, but I can't give any promises on the matter right now.

The one and only,

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2009 11:58
i think i got an error... (see screenie)
my enemies are invisible, you can see them a bit and if they die they become normal..

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Sandante
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2009 02:43
I have a question. i bought the full version, but i hate the logo in the left corner. is there a way to remove this.

Thank you..

See example

Attachments

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2009 08:15
Quote: "I have a question. i bought the full version, but i hate the logo in the left corner. is there a way to remove this."

thats in test game i believe. it will disappear in a builded game i think

Sandante
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2009 11:00 Edited at: 2nd Jun 2009 11:00
mgarand

Thanks for the info. (in Dutch. bedankt voor de info kollega.)
mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2009 13:40
lol no problem (haha leuk ik zie nu al veel nederlanders )

Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2009 14:59
Why do Dutch people always do that? (write something in your crazy language when you meet fellow oranges on the net )

It's not like I roar madly like a viking and invite a fellow Dane out for some good 'ol murder, rape and pillaging whenever I bump in to one on a forum

Maybe I should start doing that
mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2009 16:54
lmao its just a tradition in the nederlands
and if we have enough dutch people we can take over this foru.. eehm forget that

lets go back on-topic. o and is the prize of this mod chanced? its now 17 pound..

Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2009 18:53
Yes, back to topic

Was the price 20$ or 20£ a day ago? I can't remember but the price is still fair anyway.

Modding team: Is Project Blue ready to be fully usable with FPSC v1.15 now, if I buy it?
mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2009 23:26
Quote: "Was the price 20$ or 20£ a day ago"

yeh i thought it was 20 dollar. 20 pounds is much but whatever.

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Project blue is ready? If so wheres my $20 ro £20????? I need it! SOS ply but your mod needs some other stuff, i was gonna keep it just until project Blue comes out, now its out I want it!!!!!!!

http://arenas4146.webs.com/
mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2009 11:35
it would be cool if fpsc-ip will be intergrated

Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2009 18:06
Email sent

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@Scurvy Lobster: Yes the newest versions are v1.15 ready.

@mgarand : The price has been changed to £ because im in england so the new price is now £17,sorry fpsc ip will not be in Project blue at the moment.

@Cyborg ART : Not got any email

Best s4real

Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2009 21:00
Hm.. Check your spamfolder...

I'll resend

Or:

I would like to buy the mod, please send me an email with some info on how to do the payment etc.

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
@mgarand: Hey, ook nederlands, voeg me toe aan msn.

@SanXL: hey, jij ook? leuk voeg me toe aan msn.

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2009 23:10
Quote: "@mgarand: Hey, ook nederlands, voeg me toe aan msn.

@SanXL: hey, jij ook? leuk voeg me toe aan msn."

voegen jullie mij toe markdeboer_ajax(at)hotmail.com

on-topic : I will send a mail to buy asap too. need my money from work.. but they pay over a week

jonathan samson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2009 08:25
how come XR mod isnt goin to be integrated anymore?

j.samson
My beauty it is my sin.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2009 08:37
Discussions about xrMod's integration are still ensueing, but at the current point in time it is not integrated. We will see if it will be or not. If the next version is released without it, there's likely a reason for that.

The one and only,

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "sorry fpsc ip will not be in Project blue at the moment"

Does this mean that it will be intergrated and that when it is it will come in an update. And will that update be free?

Im gonna send off my email just as soon as the money i put on pay pal comes through...

Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2009 15:27
I forgott that my PayPal is not this email, its my other for BIG Viking Games, so the payment from BIG Viking Games is from me

Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2009 21:29
Quote: "Yes the newest versions are v1.15 ready."

That's it - I'm buying this mod too!
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Sent off my email

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2009 16:54
what are you guys going to add at the moment
and i have a bug but no answer...

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
post a link. atm im making a multiplayer game which is gonna be used for an Knxrb mob beta test

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Purchased and awaiting acception of payment.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2009 01:05
Quote: "what are you guys going to add at the moment"

The plan is implement and test the new security features. After a thorough beta testing is complete and most (if not all) of the bugs are handled, the release will be made.

The one and only,

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Heres something you might want to add. It just changes the version name to ' Blue UM. Its not a modification to the sourcecode. Just put it in the FPSC folder (with all the executables) and replace. It just clears up confusion.

Attachments

Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2009 13:22
Arenas: what exactly is that good for?
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Nothing really... Just sort of tells you the version i guess. I got bored whilst waiting for a game to build and i finished a script and did the above...

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Help! Sos for the doubble post again...

I have bought everything but when i build a multiplayer game i get a proble. It is set to TDM, SAS VS Wrechmacht and when i start the game up, it doesnt display the option to choose a charactor and you just 'fall' and die, then you dont respawn. I also cant test the game. Have i been given the free version or something by mistake?

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2009 18:16
Quote: "I also cant test the game"
got same problem :S

Fluffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2009 20:32
This mod is really awsome!

...but I wanted to know is there some sort of fresnel water in this mod?
If so please can someone tell me how to bring up the menu in the test game...Im probably sounding like such a hardcore noob, sorry.

Juicy mod, thanks chaps!

Peace!

You just wasted a few seconds of your life reading this signature!
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Wait? So does it work with single player then? If it only works with single player then its slightly disappointing cause the biggest attraction is the multiplayer features...

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2009 00:00
@Arenas:

It should be working with both single and multiplayer. When I find time to do some serious bug squishing, I'll look into the problem you're having.

@Fluffy:

Nope, no fresnel water in this Mod. Although, it is possible to make some decent water without a Mod designed for it. Take a look at the water that hockeykid and redeye are working on in the script board.

The one and only,

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@Arenas

Please upload your test game to a site and then email me the link so I can see whats going on?

Best s4real

rakker126
Years of Service
User Offline
Im waiting for the 1.15

Now in the W.I.P. forum: operation sunlight
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=149451&b=25
rakker126
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh is see it is 1.15 great! How much is it in euros then?

Now in the W.I.P. forum: operation sunlight
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=149451&b=25

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-01 22:09:58
Your offset time is: 2024-05-01 22:09:58