Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Project Blue UM edtion official thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Like it so far - have run a quick test, and even things like "ally" scripts seem to be running well. Am just playing around with lighting now
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "@hockeykid If you want it to be like that without it being fully tested then yes.

"

Check your email

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@hockeykid Email sent

best s4real

Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2009 02:25
How much will the next release cost?

Some people say that I'm crazy... And I agree.
USE PLY'S MOD!
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
The purchase price is $20 Crusader2

Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2009 02:30
Sweet! Glad to hear it's gonna be the same.

Amazing work S4!

Some people say that I'm crazy... And I agree.
USE PLY'S MOD!
Kerrby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2009 08:40
Quote: "P... M...?!"

Private Message n00bie .

WizMod Supporter.
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "2. The Gun Ammo Is Buggy. The P226 (EAI) Shows 16 as a Clip but I Set It to 15...When I Shoot, Sometimes The Numbers Skip And I End Up Shooting 12 Shoots or Something. This Happened Wih the P226 And The G36C..I think It Should Happen With the rest...."

It's not a bug... It's a feature! But the feature may not be implemented correctly if it's skipping around. The extra round comes from the chamberedround AirMod function which simulates having a round in the pipe (in your case a 15+1 capacity). If you have a totally empty gun which reloads the ammo should go up to 15 but then if you press reload again it should give you +1 round. After that, if you press reload again, it should be non-responsive and not let you reload until you shoot at least one time.

The skipping around does sound like a real bug though.

Quote: "Mmm... for a moment there I thought the forum got a PM system."

And here I thought you were just being sarcastic I have the same sort of "what are you on?" response when people say "PM me" on this forum because I think of PMs as PMs ran through the forum system and not IM,MSN,email etc. because PMs are personal/private yet don't require exchange of personal info to function.
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2009 10:01
Quote: "It's not a bug... It's a feature! But the feature may not be implemented correctly if it's skipping around. The extra round comes from the chamberedround AirMod function which simulates having a round in the pipe (in your case a 15+1 capacity). If you have a totally empty gun which reloads the ammo should go up to 15 but then if you press reload again it should give you +1 round. After that, if you press reload again, it should be non-responsive and not let you reload until you shoot at least one time.

The skipping around does sound like a real bug though."

So the Bullet Is There 100% Of Time? After Every Single Reload Thiz happens in real life? Am askin cuzz i neva knew thiz. But It seemz dat itz bugged up. but itz random. Veriez from 12 - 16 but its werid 2 have 16 shots to me...

Btw Errant AI, howz some of your western guns comin?

@S4Real: Will it be possiable in da future of thiz mod or FPS Creator itself to have Left 4 Dead Type Hordes? Am just askin....

Computer Specs: Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2.80GHz @ 1066Mhz FSB 3MB Cache, Dual Channel 8192MB DDR2 PC6400 800MHz RAM, XFX Nvidia Geforce 9800 GTX+ 512MB, MSI P7N SLI-FI Motherboard - nForce 750i SLI
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Veriez from 12 - 16 but its werid 2 have 16 shots to me... "

Varying from 12-16 would certainly be a bug. There was an old bug in Project Blue that would consume two rounds on the first shot if the weapon was assigned to the start marker. That was fixed before but maybe something similar again. Try placing the weapon as a normal weapon entity to see if there is any change in behavior.

Quote: "So the Bullet Is There 100% Of Time? After Every Single Reload Thiz happens in real life? Am askin cuzz i neva knew thiz."

No. Only when chambered. See, whenever you have a "repeating" firearm with a closed action/bolt operating system such as an auto-loading pistol (or rifle, pump shotgun, etc), the rounds/cartridges (unfired bullet projectile + powder + casing/shell/brass) are loaded into the magazine. In this case the magazine can hold 15 cartridges total.

So, you take this full magazine and insert it into an empty pistol. Now, if you try to pull the trigger, guess what happens?

Nothing!

This is because the pistol has not been chambered or cocked (I won't get into cocking here for the sake of brevity). When the slide is cycled once (or simply closed if held open by mechanical means after firing the last shot on a previous loading) a single round is stripped from the top of the magazine and guided into the rear opening of the pistol's barrel which is called the firing chamber. Now if you pull the trigger, the hammer will fall and strike the firing pin which will thrust foreward and ignite the cartridge which propels the bullet out of the barrel.

However, assuming you did not pull the trigger buy you did cycle the action, you are left with 14 rounds in the magazine and one in the chamber which means that if you top-up your magazine back to the full capacity you will then have 15 rounds in the magazine and one in the chamber for a total of 16 rounds in your pistol.

Because of this, people must realize that when it comes to auto-loading firearms, removing the magazine does not make it safe. The chamber must also be checked to ensure there is not still one round in the gun.

Almost any magazine, clip or tube fed firearm has the +1 ability in real life but for some it requires a more complex physical process which would amount to an additional animation. The exception would be something like a Mac10 or other old SMG and most light machine-guns which fire from an open bolt for air-flow/cooling reasons.

Understand now? (sorry s4!)
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2009 11:56
I, for one, appreciated the explanation, Errant. I was aware of this "extra round" for pump action shotguns, but it never occurred to me that the same applies to many other weapons. It all seems to obvious now that I think about it.

The one and only,

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2009 13:15
Wait, this applies to shotguns too? Where have I been

"I can't imagine what this place would have been like if I hadn't found you here." - BJ Hunnicutt
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2009 17:26 Edited at: 19th May 2009 17:28
Quote: "I, for one, appreciated the explanation, Errant."

Cheers, Ply

Quote: "Wait, this applies to shotguns too? Where have I been"

Definitely. As long as it is magazine fed (box magazine or tube magazine). Obviously it wouldn't work in a breech loader like a double-barrel or one with a revolving cylinder. Shotguns are where this feature really shines too because you are getting a higher % of extra ammo when you can add that extra round.

[factoid]The 1980s Benelli M1 Super90 semi-auto shotgun (back when it was distributed by HK) could have +2 capacity with one in the chamber and another on the lifter/elevator on top of however many in the tube magazine.[/factoid]
MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2009 04:51 Edited at: 20th May 2009 04:53
s4real, I have a bug of sorts. After I build a test game and click ok in the box, it does'nt go to the test game and the curser freezes up and I can't move it. But, if I press alt then tab it will go into the test game and everything is fine. This happens on my XP laptop and Vista 64 desktop. Any ideas? I'm useing FPSC 1.15 Brand New install.The mod Im useing is the one you sent to my email. (1.6 I think). I did not have this problem with the other version you released.(the one where you had to use fpsc 1.07-1.09)

And this isn't a bug> how do I get the legs to show up for the players body?

[href][/href]
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey S4 on your mod i'm getting 20 fps with the mod v1.6e when i took the mod off and tested without cap I got 58-60 fps. Is this a problem with the engine or is it because all the mods together take to much power?

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 20th May 2009 04:56
Quote: " After I build a test game and click ok in the box, it does'nt go to the test game and the curser freezes up and I can't move it. But, if I press alt then tab it will go into the test game "

I have had the same issue with two of the recent 1.15 based MOD's. I didn't consider it a bug because it's only in the editor, but I did notice it.

Brian.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2009 06:31
@MK83 & xplosys:

This new "bug" seemed to have come along with te V1.15 source. Whent he test game is started, the game application is not properly given user focus, thus forcing you to Alt+Tab over to it.

The cursor "freezing" is because FPSC forces your mouse into the center of the screen during play.

@hockeykid:

Chances are the more accurate lighting system in PB is slowing it down. This all depends on how many entities and lights you have in your level.

In the next version I will add a flag to turn it on or off depending on how the performance is for you.

The one and only,

Essal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2009 12:12
Going to buy as soon as i have zeh moneys;p

and YES, i don't even have 20$ at the moment..xd gotta wait until the 1st of june...xd

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2009 14:38
The 'freezing' bug has always been there, right from V1.04 as far as I can tell. This happens with the original source and WizMod.

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@MK83 Mine has done this for ages with the tab and alt I thought that was the normal problem fpsc has always had.

@hockeykid: We will look into that issue.

@4125 : looking into yur issues.

Thanks everyone for the feedback please keep them coming if you have any issue's.

Best s4real

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2009 07:08
I just got an email of the latest version, does this one use v1.15?

"You are not smart! You are very un-smart!"
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2009 17:17
It should be, the release on the first post is

"I can't imagine what this place would have been like if I hadn't found you here." - BJ Hunnicutt
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2009 11:35 Edited at: 24th May 2009 11:38
Lets keep this up...

BTW: When floatrate command is used, it is auto coloff. It is a Stock Engine Bug, so maybe you could fix it in your mod [actually i dont know if this is a bug or not]. Just a idea.

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2009 16:09
jo,

i use your mod, but when i updsted to 1.15 and placed the mod in the folder (i paste everything fine) now when i press test game nothing shows up, no game or something, everything word fine but i cant test etc. and i will buy this mod if everything works fine ofcourse

please help!!

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2009 22:59
@RedEye:

I think it's best to have it auto-coloff for floatrate entities. That command was only made for use with pickup objects like weapons and items.

Have you tried doing "floatrate=X,colon" to counter this?

@mgarand:

Does it load the test game? Does it bring up the loading box and show you it's loading and when you click "OK" nothing shows up? If that's the case, then that's simply because the game is minimized and you have to Alt+Tab to see it.

The one and only,

ZackS28
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2009 07:49
I just read the first post. It says we have to have V1.15 to use this software. If I buy this, can I get a version that works in V1.09?

Thanks -ZackS28
mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2009 10:03
Quote: "@mgarand:

Does it load the test game? Does it bring up the loading box and show you it's loading and when you click "OK" nothing shows up? If that's the case, then that's simply because the game is minimized and you have to Alt+Tab to see it."

when i press test game it does nothing, no loading screen etc.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2009 13:32
Then something is wrong with your editor or file setup. It couldn't be the Mod if the Mod hasn't run yet.

Make sure there is an "FPSC-Game.exe" file in your FPS Creator folder.

The one and only,

GamerDude
User Banned
Posted: 25th May 2009 14:50
WOW! i might buy this, it works so well! i love the ironsights and gun movement/firing effects! one problem i found..

the EAI P90, when you zoom in and go back out, you cant change weapons. i have no idea why.

thanks

If you mess with me, you are gonna get own3d!
Modeller, Texturer, Animator and of course... GAMER! Requests - EMAIL ME!
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
GamerDude, which hand did you have the P90 in (right or left) and which other weaponns did you have in your inventory?
GamerDude
User Banned
Posted: 25th May 2009 16:48
i had:

P90
FN Scar-L
RPG7
M????? sniper (the dirty wood one)
93R
M32 Grenade Launcher
Pipe Wrench
Fists

the p90 was in the right hand. i dont have a clue how to get it into the left .

but hey, can i use this mod for the competition? please email me the files if its a yes.

thanks

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2009 18:42
i have a everything i need

and now this:

ok, i reinstalled and made a quick level HE WORKED, but then i saw he said it was the free edition. ok so i used my serial and placed it in the userdetails.ini now when i dont use the free one, and i press test game he does nothing again. if i delete my serial of userdetails he works fine

so is this possible? :

-i buy your mod, and place it in the fpsc
-i make and test my game in free edition
-when i finished my game i simply add my serial and build my game.

i think its a goof solution

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2009 23:16
@mgarand:

That's very odd.

Can you email me the following so that I can help determine the cause of this better?

- A pic showing all the files in your "FPS Creator" folder while it is "free" edition.
- A pic showing all the files in your "FPS Creator" folder while it is full version.
(Make sure Project Blue has been copied into the FPS Creator folder for each of those pics)
- A pic of the FPS Creator splash screen when starting up the Editor (The splash screen that shows the FPSC version number)

Another thing for you to try would be to try executing the "FPSC-Game.exe" in your FPS Creator folder after you have copied your serial number in the userdetails.ini file. If it executes just fine, then something's seriously wrong with the Editor.

I hope we can get this settled.

@GamerDude:

If you would like, can I ask you to email me a few things as well to help solve your problem?

Namely:
- The gunspec file for the P90
- A pic of the contents of the P90 gun folder (the folder that contains the gunspec file)

The one and only,

GamerDude
User Banned
Posted: 26th May 2009 00:19
@Plystire: i already got the working airmod scripts. but if you have newer ones than the ones included in the download of PB, sure!

@S4real: hey, am i allowed to use this for the competition? its the only mod i could get working with ironsights. if yes, please email me the files

thanks

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2009 00:41
I'll answer this for you.

No, you may not use a beta of Project Blue for the competition without purchasing a license for it. If you have purchased a license and are capable of building a game, then you may use it as you see fit.

The one and only,

Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2009 21:51
I just had some time to test Project Blue (my first go with a FPSC mod ever) and I have to say: Great work guys!

I made a small level with four rooms and loads of MP22 monsters. It really shined when several monsters where attacking at once.

I did find one bug however: when killing the regular Chainsaw Brute the looping sound of the chainsaw continues forever in the speakers. This doesn't happen without the mod on my pc.

I will be buying this mod when I have some more time to work on my games.
freak of nature 64
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2009 04:54
How do I do effects (water, etc.)?

bla bla bla Mr. Freeman
mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2009 11:48
i got a bug, well i dont know if it is ply mod or errant aI

when you use the swat-shield and a pistal, and you run and then defend with the shield. he slows down and at the same time use a pistal in your left hand the pistol will be behind the shield (see screen)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Mod bug(s)

There's some "stickiness" with moving and using the shields at the same time depending on which version of the mod you are using. It looks like the shield is playing the blocking animation for single-weapon use instead of the blocking anim for dual wield use- that's why it's cutting into the pistol.
mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2009 16:33
im using v1.15 with blue mod v1.6

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2009 19:31
@mgarand:

Did you equip that pistol while blocking?

I'll inform S4 that something's up.

@Errant:

Yes, the stickiness needs to go. I have tried to fix it before but when you're blocking and moving around or even while sitting still, the blocking animation seems to be attempting to play at the same time as the run animation or idle animation so it gets that "sticky" effect.

The one and only,

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@mgarand: Thanks for the bug report and looking into it.

@everyone else : Thanks for all the bug reports we are looking into them all.

best s4real

Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2009 23:42
I've tried out the 'plrfreeze' command and it doesnt work. Is it because of airmod or is it the mod itself?
mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2009 17:39
Quote: "@mgarand:

Did you equip that pistol while blocking?"

yup

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2009 23:08
@Lewis:

The "plrfreeze" command from airmod was removed in favor of using the official "freeze" command that came with the V1.15 source. Use that one instead.

@mgarand:

I'll look into it when I have time. Thank you for the bug report.

The one and only,

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Is This mod being mixed with Xr Mod? I have been told it is by the guy who made that mod but im not 100% sure....

http://arenas4146.webs.com/
Help ME ! ! !
Years of Service
User Offline
hey..can anyone tell me where i can get trial version of mods..or Where i can buy it?..and also..can i download it for free anywhere

u can also send me by email..[mynameiskoustav@hotmail.com]
mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2009 17:43
Trail version in the first post.

Help ME ! ! !
Years of Service
User Offline
hey.....where i can get the demo version of it?
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2009 21:22
@Arenas:

Features from other Mods are integrated into Project Blue and tested for performance/usefulness. Typically all features of another Mod will make it into Project Blue, but it's not a guarantee that things will work out that way.
Once a feature from another Mod is integrated, it needs to be tested and (if need be) optimized/fixed.

@Help ME (Koustav):

As mgarand has pointed out, there is a trial version download in the first post. For purchasing, please contact s4real via email requesting a purchase. If you find/have found a place to download a full version of this Mod for free, please email me with the details about it's location. REMEMBER: When you purchase this Mod, you are given a unique executable. So should you attempt to upload your copy onto the internet, it will have your name plastered all over it (not literally, but we made the Mod so we know how to find out who it belongs to) and you will no longer receive updates to the Mod.

The one and only,

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-01 17:13:34
Your offset time is: 2024-05-01 17:13:34