Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / [LOCKED] EAI Task Force 341 character set WIP (56k warning)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2010 17:29 Edited at: 5th Jan 2010 18:09
Eai, when should we spect a release?
And how is the scar doing?

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2010 17:50
good question, I'm dying over here

to fenix mod!
PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2010 06:52
Sorry, I couldn't resist bumping. I think it deserves to be paid attention to...

And also for selfish reasons, did you get my e-mail?

Go to my website, if I get enough members, I will buy a domain and appoint more moderators
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry. I've been procrastinating

Resend the email, PWP.
PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2010 08:16
Resent...

-PwP

Go to my website, if I get enough members, I will buy a domain and appoint more moderators
Black Profductions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2010 18:07
Errant, did you recive my mail?

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2010 20:51
I think EAI knew more about MW2 than we did before it came out. I remember these guys thread starting before MW2 was more than a twinkle in a potential buyers eye. I never knew the force in MW2 was going to be the TF141, what a coincidence that errant would name these ones TF341. (they're 200 times better than 141 ) also, note the skull mask. no trailer said anything about ghost's skull mask. also, I could swear I see one who has what appears to be a soap-hawk. EAI, are you like... a secret MW2 character designer who edited a few of his creations to look more generic and released them here? If you're not allowed to tell us than that's ok, but

to fenix mod!
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
EAI, I think my friend sent you an email a while ago about some requests or work, but you haven't gotten back yet. It would be greatly appreciated if you could get back at the next available time.

.CALIBRE - COMING MAY 2010
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Any unanswered emails, please resend and include your forum name in the subject line. I'll be replying to PWP's shortly. Thanks for re-sending.

@Bugsy- LOL! I was actually sort of perturbed when I saw the MW2 Ghost character had the skull balaclava because it makes me look like a copycat. Coincidences are likely just the simple result of artists drawing inspiration from the same sources. This is why you should try to take inspiration from life and not games. If you wait for a game to show you something, it's already old and has been perverted by someone else's interpretation of it.

The hair design is combination Marine-style high/tight and Faux-hawk which was apparently popular with Navy spec-war operators in the reference I was using. It's also easy to model/map.

AFIK, special mission units are sometimes assigned TFXXX identifiers. I think the first publicly known group sent to Afghanistan was TF-121 or something like that.

The choice of TF-341 should be obvious:

3=E
4=A
1=I

I've never played MW2 or MW1 even. I had a recruiter repeatedly trying to get me to apply for a position at IW back in the day but I was in mid-crunch on another project which I was foolishly loyal to and had no desire to make WWII clone-sequel games. I was bummed when later finding out they had decided to go modern-day. Ho-hum.
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2010 20:27
oh, Interesting, you had an answer for everything that made complete sense. Darn, I thought we had an infinity ward modeler using FPSC. no matter, we've got something better: 341

to fenix mod!
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2010 00:37
Quote: "I've never played MW2 or MW1 even. I had a recruiter repeatedly trying to get me to apply for a position at IW back in the day but I was in mid-crunch on another project which I was foolishly loyal to and had no desire to make WWII clone-sequel games. I was bummed when later finding out they had decided to go modern-day. Ho-hum."

WHOA! Dude, are you serious? That's freaking awesome.

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce it to 600x120 maximum size
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2010 02:43
I'm not suprised.

to fenix mod!
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Bond1 has yet to release any media/fx using SM2 for characters"

An all new Sm2.0 character shader will be in the next official FPSC update, in internal development now. It will use Valve's Half-Lambert lighting algorithm, and pull directional light info directly from FPSC. Just thought you'd want to know.

What you DON'T want to do, is use a shader that does not contain GPU skinning code. Without it, all the skeletal deformation work is passed to the CPU, where it is hella-slow. Same for weapons, bumpcubereflectalpha is fine for the default weapons, but bad to use on weapons that have skinned hands.

----------------------------------------
"bond1 - You see this name, you think dirty."
Kerrby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2010 04:15
Quote: "I've never played MW2 or MW1 even."

Well that's okay.

COD4 is just be best FPS this gen and well MW2... MW2 just plain sucked. Biggest disappointment I've ever played.

WizMod Developer.
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2010 04:17
MW1- best multiplayer

MW2- best story mode, even though the plot was bad, it was just more exciting, balls to the wall scenes that made MW1 great. I would strongly suggest EAI play either, as he would get some great character or gun inspiration.

to fenix mod!
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2010 04:26
Quote: "MW2... MW2 just plain sucked. Biggest disappointment I've ever played."

Rubbish. MW2 has unbalanced and garbage multiplayer but is still digital crack, but the SP was damned epic. Best campaign I've ever played, without a doubt.

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce it to 600x120 maximum size
PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2010 04:46
Agreed with toasty, it's so fun to run through the SpecOps campaign with my friends.

Spycrabz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2010 09:35
Quote: "The choice of TF-341 should be obvious:

3=E
4=A
1=I"

I see what you did there.

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2010 17:49 Edited at: 12th Jan 2010 22:41
Quote: "COD4 is just be best FPS this gen and well MW2... MW2 just plain sucked. Biggest disappointment I've ever played."

Cod4 was the best game this gen... Until they took down the servers and ruined connection for me Now i do like MW2 cause my online is playable...

EDIT

EAI, the message has been resent

PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2010 23:36
Replied, thanks Errant

Kerrby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2010 09:21
Quote: "Rubbish. MW2 has unbalanced and garbage multiplayer but is still digital crack, but the SP was damned epic. Best campaign I've ever played, without a doubt."

MW2, SP story was confusing, made no sense and just plain sucked. The only good thing was snowmobile racing and watching the Russians absolutely destroy America.

COD4 had a way better story and was a hell of a lot more fun.

WizMod Developer.
Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2010 11:06
Quote: "SP story was confusing, made no sense"

I didn't get the story either when I played through it (and still don't), but let's be honest - how many people actually bought Modern Warfare 2 for the story? It remains my favorite game for both multiplayer and singleplayer.

I think we might be getting a little side tracked here.

[/offtopic]

FPSC MIGRATION: http://bit.ly/5I8LYO
FPSC NUCLEAR EXPLOSION: http://bit.ly/67v8GI
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "An all new Sm2.0 character shader will be in the next official FPSC update, in internal development now. It will use Valve's Half-Lambert lighting algorithm, and pull directional light info directly from FPSC. Just thought you'd want to know."

Wow! That's fantastic news! Any idea when that update will be? Or how to set up spec. maps for that particular shader? I'm currently using bumpbone and, well, it leaves a bit to be desired. I'd love to be able to default FPEs to the new shader because I have no doubt they would look a million times better. Right now, I'm banging my head against the wall because shiny cammies makes me want to hurl.

Quote: "MW2"

Interesting. I was surprised to see it in a store yesterday and almost bought it (Non-EA games often don't get distributed here). I'll wait though. Don't need any extra distractions right now. I'm more of an SP guy, myself. The exception was BF2 because I loved using the LAV and watching guys do crazy maneuvers with the aircraft.
Spycrabz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2010 20:29
I just dislike CoD In general.

Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2010 20:59
[rant]
For christ sake, can you all stop talking about CoD? You're overly spamming EAI's topic.

If you want to talk about MW2, then go to the geek culture forum and talk about it there, not here.
[/rant]

Cant wait for these Jake.
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2010 22:48 Edited at: 13th Jan 2010 22:48
I do love EAI material.

(I have a thread on COD6, spam that )

Spycrabz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2010 22:52
I never realised until now Errant and I have the same name

PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2010 23:23
Replied again, sorry for all the e-mailing.

-PwP

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2010 00:38 Edited at: 14th Jan 2010 00:39
Quote: "Wow! That's fantastic news! Any idea when that update will be? Or how to set up spec. maps for that particular shader? I'm currently using bumpbone and, well, it leaves a bit to be desired. I'd love to be able to default FPEs to the new shader because I have no doubt they would look a million times better. Right now, I'm banging my head against the wall because shiny cammies makes me want to hurl."

Yeah bumpbone is really nasty, the lighting is so harsh it's hard to make anything look good.

I don't know exactly when the update will be, but I if it drags on too long I can get a copy to you for testing your character. Spec map can be color or grayscale, and has a 2x multiplier for allowing the shiny stuff really pop, so your spec map should be fairly dark overall. The path name of the new shader is "effectbank\ps_2_0\skinning_norm_spec.fx" if you want to prepare your fpe files in advance for FPSC 1.17. This will replace the bumpbone shader in the fpe files for all stock characters.

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2010 01:41
does this mean these characters will be unusable without FPSC v1.17? or can't use other shaders?

to fenix mod!
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2010 02:16 Edited at: 14th Jan 2010 02:18
Quote: "does this mean these characters will be unusable without FPSC v1.17? or can't use other shaders?"

Not at all, they can use any suitable shader! They will just look better with the new shader included with 1.17, that I imagine Errant will want to use as their default. He's spent an awful lot of time on these characters, so I'm sure he'll want them to look their best with the new 1.17 shader as the default setting.

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2010 02:58
oh, ok. for my games to work on all computers, I usually don't use shaders.

to fenix mod!
Kerrby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2010 06:47
Quote: "For christ sake, can you all stop talking about CoD? You're overly spamming EAI's topic.
"

Even though EAI was talking about it as well?

It's better that this thread is getting some activity than being back on page 3 and forgotten about.

WizMod Developer.
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I don't know exactly when the update will be, but I if it drags on too long I can get a copy to you for testing your character. Spec map can be color or grayscale, and has a 2x multiplier for allowing the shiny stuff really pop, so your spec map should be fairly dark overall. The path name of the new shader is "effectbank\ps_2_0\skinning_norm_spec.fx" if you want to prepare your fpe files in advance for FPSC 1.17. This will replace the bumpbone shader in the fpe files for all stock characters."

If it's possible, I'd love an eval. copy of the shader. I'm nearly finished compiling the final textures with AO bakes and such. I'd love to be able to get spec maps out of the way as well and currently, I don't think I have any .fx shaders which support spec (well). Frankly I'd love to be able to tune the spec-maps from the getgo because I know your shader is going to be capable of subtlety.

Most of my guys are dirty/dusty and I think there's a lot of opportunity for subtle spec effects.

Just for clarification though, will this new skinning_norm_spec.fx shader work with versions of FPSC prior to v1.17? (I'm guessing so if it's something which can be tested earlier but just checking)

----
I never much mind tangential topic discussion in my threads. It's all good If it gets on my nerves, it won't be a secret
Armageddon Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2010 18:53
How many characters are in this pack? and is there a release date set or no.

How much will this pack be also

Your signature has been erased by a mod - please reduce it to no larger than 600x120
General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 14th Jan 2010 19:46
EAI, I am using Unity to make a MW game now, so if I bought these could you send them to me in .FBX file format?

EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2010 21:28
i also need these to be standalone enabled

Armageddon Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2010 21:48
lol where did you find the crack for the $1699 dollar program you say you are using. General Jackson. I know you couldn't have bought it.

Your signature has been erased by a mod - please reduce it to no larger than 600x120
ZackS28
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2010 22:34
Quote: "lol where did you find the crack for the $1699 dollar program you say you are using. General Jackson. I know you couldn't have bought it."

Where did you find the money for whatever you're smoking? Unity's free dude.

Your signature has been erased by a mod
PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2010 23:27
EAI, having some issues with PayPal, check your e-mail again.

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
To be honest I don't like the pack at all...

Who am i kidding? It looks great Cant wait for a release date

Spycrabz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2010 00:19
Quote: "lol where did you find the crack for the $1699 dollar program you say you are using. General Jackson. I know you couldn't have bought it."

I find this ironic considering EAI is using a $3 500 piece of software to make this pack (and, as said above, Unity is free.)

Black Profductions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2010 00:46
Errant did you recive my reply from the mail or should i resend it?

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 15th Jan 2010 01:59

Yup unity indie is free
and I have 960 bucks saved up towards pro

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2010 03:20 Edited at: 15th Jan 2010 03:21
Quote: "I find this ironic considering EAI is using a $3 500 piece of software to make this pack (and, as said above, Unity is free.)"

What do you think industry standard modelers use? Sketchup?

Spycrabz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2010 04:46
True, but it was more of a poorly thought out argument than anything.

PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2010 04:57
Quote: "What do you think industry standard modelers use? Sketchup?"

Yes, good point.

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2010 17:37 Edited at: 15th Jan 2010 17:39
Quote: "Unity's free dude"

Sorry, but I lol'd hard at that

Quote: "EAI, I am using Unity to make a MW game now, so if I bought these could you send them to me in .FBX file format?"

I haven't had tome to register or do the groundwork setup for Unity yet. Do you have things ready and able to load up models? I could use a tester for the .FBX pipeline.

Quote: "i also need these to be standalone enabled"

What are you using?

Quote: "How many characters are in this pack? and is there a release date set or no.

How much will this pack be also"

Pricing, release and content are yet undetermined. Currently 10 meshes with 3 texture variations each for a total of 30 editor-ready characters. The thing that makes me squeamish is filesize. That's (uncompressed) 360MB in diffuse textures alone and then add shader maps and 60-ish MB in .x files. It may somehow need to be broken up or it may end up being on the high-end of the pricing spectrum, alongside Bond1's metro theater pack. What I DO NOT want to do is have you guys paying for texture variations off GSC or something. In fact I want the restrictions very loose regarding sharing of re-textures and texture mods for these guys. I am open to suggestions on this matter because I haven't devoted a lot of thought to it. I'd like to have community input on product packing.

I am now very close to needing release candidate testing! It's now mostly down to polishing and tying up loose ends (such as spec. maps). This weekend, I am finishing up processing normal maps and will then screenshot and render all the chars. in this set; for (hopefully) the last round of forum C&C and to update the OP. I will be contacting beta testers around Monday-ish.

To all who resent and are awaiting email replies: I will be doing replies tomorrow/sat. Please understand that I am often not online for long sessions during the weekdays.

To all interested parties: Due to a high volume of inquiries, I will be temporarily making the FNSCAR/EGL alt-fire weapon available at the end of next week. I will also be sending out updates to the handful who have already purchased this. Due to the mod-reliant nature of this weapon, this version will likely never make it to GCS. More info to come later.
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2010 17:45
Quote: "I could use a tester for the .FBX pipeline."

*raises hand*

I could import a static, looped animation version to show what it looks like with default shaders in Source. With a video for you guys ofc

Jeku always gets drunk and tries to Moderate the ocean. Tirelessly slapping the waves as they roll in.
General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 15th Jan 2010 18:01
Quote: "Do you have things ready and able to load up models? I could use a tester for the .FBX pipeline.
"

Yep, I can test 'em, i have loads of stuff imported into Unity, .fbx too.
Just send 'em my way

Quote: "Sorry, but I lol'd hard at that "

Why? it is free

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-23 19:38:43
Your offset time is: 2024-06-23 19:38:43