Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Project Blue Official Thread

Author
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "@Plystire as you understand from my old messages, I bought PB it solely for the multiplayer. And it is useless if it does not work, and I was disappointed with the support of hockeykid, since this is a fee.

ty Plystire"

I already fixed that bug, though its not worth coming out with a new beta for just one small fix.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2010 23:35
@lotgd:

If hockeykid has fixed the bug, I hope it works for you in the next release.

@Huncut:

1) This is a bug that must have been overlooked. Hockeykid has probably already put it in his "to be fixed" list.

2) That is strange indeed. Does this happen with V1.17/V1.18 stock FPSC? If not, can you please try to find out what's causing it and email hockeykid with any additional details you can come up with?

Thanks for the bug reports. Nothing will get fixed in PB without our users informing us about them.

The one and only,

lotgd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2010 01:22
wow, I'm very pleased, I was losing hope! thank you

xhogan89x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2010 16:29
when you shoot in an arena, the game crash witht the sprite error, the die crash...
King Of Khaos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2010 18:54 Edited at: 9th Oct 2010 18:54
I'm thinking about buying PB, but i just have one question. Is it possible to trigger and destroy a fullscreen shader with a script applied to an enemy? For instance, i want to make it so a fullscreen shader shows up right when an enemy spawns, and it goes away when the enemy dies. Could this be done by implementing triggers into the "Start" and "Destroy" scripts of the enemy?

Cheers, Jake
------------------------------------------------------------
-The Clarkson Residence- (WIP)
Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2010 19:58 Edited at: 9th Oct 2010 19:58
@King of Khaos

Yes, that's possible using the setfullscreenshader=X command.

[b]FPSC MIGRATION: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142497&b=21
Huncut1
Years of Service
User Offline
I have been testing that jump bug as Plystire suggested, but I couldn't reproduce that. I see that the whole "jumping system" is delayed, and has a weird and strange feeling, but it also has in the original 1.17 too... So i guess that jump bug was only a one time error, who know... :S but thats definitely true that I can jump back from walls! (original ps2.0 map)

However, something is really weird about the dual wielding system and the gunspec options... Sometimes I can't change weapon after dualling pistols, or simply cant dual after using ironsight, etc...
and no airmod command works.

Thanks, and have a nice day!
Zoli
King Of Khaos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2010 21:26
@ Marc Steene - Okay, just wanted to know. Thanks.

Cheers, Jake
------------------------------------------------------------
-The Clarkson Residence- (WIP)
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2010 03:38 Edited at: 10th Oct 2010 03:39
Quote: "However, something is really weird about the dual wielding system and the gunspec options... Sometimes I can't change weapon after dualling pistols, or simply cant dual after using ironsight, etc...
and no airmod command works."

Are you sure that the weapon you're trying to swap to (while dualling) is dual-wieldable? The system is programmed to skip over non-dual-wieldable weapons while dual-wielding, so if you have no other dual-wieldable weapons in your inventory, it will likely not swap at all. You must unequip one of your hands before swapping to a non-dual-wieldable weapon (by swapping to inventory slot 0).

Can you please inform us of what scenarios you have set up where the system seems to be breaking? Such as, what weapons you had in your inventory (and in what slots), what weapons you had equipped (and in what hands), and which weapon you tried to swap to.

Also, can you please supply us with a script depicting the broken airmod commands?

This will help to track down any bugs and ensure the issues are fixed properly.

Quote: "but thats definitely true that I can jump back from walls!"

Are we supposed to be able to jump off of walls?

The one and only,

Huncut1
Years of Service
User Offline
Of course, everyone wants to jump off of walls! It works fine on walls that are not flat.

Ah! Something new again! Thank you Ply!! Not empying my inventory caused the problem! However I tried pressing 0, and I thought I emptied it, but actually on my keyboard, for some unknown reason, the button that makes the inventory slot 0, is button: "ö"
Well, I was testing everything on the stock map supplied to FPSC 1.17, called PS2shaderedscifi. I use the bloom and motion blur shader, with screeneffectonweapons on. I use EAI weapons. A sniper and the gold deagles. I am sure dual wielding is on, as I can dual wield them... I also checked the gunspec, so its on. The problem is most likely to be around the airmod features of PB. Of course I dont mean the whole, but for example, "zoomturnspeed" command does not work at all.(along with other commands) Even if I modify the numbers to very extreme ones, it does not affect the weapon. I have already asked EAI about it, and he sent me the newest gunspec file, and told me that it's bugged/broken in PB. (this was about 2 months ago, when we were using PB 1.8a)

Thank you!

Zoli
Huncut1
Years of Service
User Offline
King Of Khoas: Buying PB worth every penny! :->
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2010 03:31
Quote: "It works fine on walls that are not flat."

Oh, okay. I thought you were referring to flat walls. Makes sense now!

Quote: "with screeneffectonweapons on."

This is known to cause graphical bugs. If anything messes up graphically (namely with full screen shaders) it is likely to be caused by having that option on.

The one and only,

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 11th Oct 2010 07:11
I know You can have more than one Camera in PB, but does PB Support picture in picture? I also wonder if PB support TPS Games, and if it does, how do You set it up?

"Right Man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world"
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2010 23:34
lol I just want to know what the frames per second increase is, I need a mod that can give a real support boost to any size map :/

Putting fear back into sliced bread since 4th May 2010
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2010 00:13
@Mr Love:

Quote: "but does PB Support picture in picture? I also wonder if PB support TPS Games, and if it does, how do You set it up?"

If by "picture in picture" you mean viewing multiple cameras at once, then I don't think you can do that as of yet. The closest we've got right now would be viewing a camera on your weapon. The setup for that is a little complex, and does require you to know what you're doing (since it doesn't take much effort to bug it out )

As for TPS games, many have tried setting up third person scenarios, and many have been successful in integrating a third person type gameplay mechanic into their games. I believe (last I checked) there was a third person script example supplied with PB for people to look at and edit to their needs. I also saw that one of our users (zeza) has altered my old third person script to add in much more functionality for third person games. His script can be found in his "Project Blue" thread on the script board.

Hope that helps you out.

@Soviet:

Unfortunately, that is not a figure that is set in stone. The performance increase varies depending upon the content in your level. So, I'm afraid we can't supply you with any sort of hard figures for you to judge. All we can offer are our users' testimonies stating how the performance varied for them.

The one and only,

GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2010 01:01
@Soviet176 lets put it this way im using a dell inspiron when i am out and about when i use the standard updates and a big level 15-20 ish when im using project blue im getting 28+ as Plystire said it all depends on your level your computer etc but you will notice a big difference

======================================

GreenDixy Productions http://GreenDixy.Com
zeza
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "The closest we've got right now would be viewing a camera on your weapon"

I remember that in the teaser for Ply's Mod v1.09, how did you do that? In DBP you probably used set camera to image, but did you set up a command that specifies the image and camera, or does it need a certain image and just goes off camera 0

I'd change the world, but I don't have the source code
R.I.P. heltor, we will miss you
NinjaKiller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2010 02:55
SOMEONE HELP!

I just bought Project Blue, entered the download key and rooted it to FPS Creator but nothing happened! Please help!
NinjaKiller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2010 00:47
Sorry nevermind just a nooby mistake by me!
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2010 05:45
I was hoping not to post issues in this thread, but after sending emails with no responses, it left us no choice.

First off, we have not received any emails regarding updates to Project Blue since v1.8a came out in Feb 2010. According to the thread, the current version is 1.8c. If updates have been sent to customers since Feb 2010, can you please ensure you have our correct email address?

Second, regarding Project Blue and Fenix mod. Hockeykid made a post in the Fenix mod thread regarding enough interest to integrate into Project Blue (Hockeykid's post), and I made a reply post regarding this (BlackFox's reply). After receiving no response, we had sent a few emails directly to address this issue. Since we are part of the developers for RPG Mod, and since we will be continuing its development when Flatlander hands us the reigns, we would like to ensure that any RPG Mod code will not end up in a rewrite of Fenix mod, nor will it appear in a merge with Project Blue.

We're not looking for any debate, and we apologize for having to bring this up here. After waiting for responses, we decided a more "direct" approach to getting an answer was warranted. Whether a response from Plystire or Hockeykid does not matter to us; an acknowledgment that both our (BlackFox/BlueFox) and Flatlander's request will be honored.

Thank you.

- BlackFox

RPG Mod- Create a world full of adventure
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
@Blackfox, This is quite odd as I have not received any emails from you.

As for the Project Blue update emails could you please post the email you would like to use just to ensure I have it right.

And about the Fenix Mod re-write, of course I'll respect Flatlander's wishes and take it out. I would've taken it out of Fenix Mod but by the time Flatlander had asked Fenix Mod was pretty much no longer being worked on. By the way I could of sworn I posted some where that I would remove the RPG Mod code in the re-write.

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2010 06:10
@ Hockeykid

No problem, and thank you for the reply.

- BlackFox

Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2010 07:56
@Hockeykid: So, does that mean you have decided to go through with the Fenix/PB merger?

GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2010 08:05
that would be awesome best of both worlds

Help bugs!
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys, I'm thinking of buying PB and well, I'm a little curious.

For a mod $28 is quite expensive, but, I've heard and seen great things from this mod.

I basically just would like some feedback from users about this mod.

Thanks,
Help bugs!
GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2010 08:09
@Help bugs! it is well worth the money i have been using it for some time now

better frame rates
dual wielding
a ton of scripting commands

and lots more

seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2010 10:56
I'm loving it. And theres alot of new script,shader(full screen too)to boot(already made for yea)And the scripts I'm talking about can't be done in plain old x9(don't get me wrong theres alot you can do with v1.18)so it is really worth it just for the extra that come with it.

Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2010 15:40
Quote: "For a mod $28 is quite expensive"

Not really much at all when you consider it can make the difference between making your game a commercial "success" or a failure.

GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2010 20:18
@Marc Steene not only that but the work that goes into it to help with spead functions etc and the time it takes to keep changing it from one version of the source to the next

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2010 22:35
Quote: "I remember that in the teaser for Ply's Mod v1.09, how did you do that? In DBP you probably used set camera to image, but did you set up a command that specifies the image and camera, or does it need a certain image and just goes off camera 0"

If you're asking how it works in the source, then the basic way to describe it is that it uses an image from a camera... and simply copies the memory from that image (or parts of that image) directly onto the image memory for the weapon texture... alternatively, it will skip this step and simply create a new texture with just the camera image and utilize that inside of a shader. I don't want to just hand out that code, you understand, but that is how it works.

If you're asking how to set it up, I went over it somewhere in this thread... not sure what page it's on, though, but it's a gunspec setup.

@BlackFox:

If ever you want to keep something off the boards and hockeykid is not responding to emails, you may email me regarding the situation and if I cannot handle it myself, I will at the very least ensure that hockeykid receives your message and responds to it.

The one and only,

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2010 04:36
Quote: "If ever you want to keep something off the boards and hockeykid is not responding to emails, you may email me regarding the situation and if I cannot handle it myself, I will at the very least ensure that hockeykid receives your message and responds to it."

I did not want to bug you directly, Plystire. I recognize you are a busy person and did not even think to contact you. In future, I will ensure we contact you directly if needed.

- BlackFox

zeza
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I went over it somewhere in this thread... not sure what page it's on, though, but it's a gunspec setup."

I found it on page 14, but I can't seem to get it working, is there any specific settings I need on?

I'd change the world, but I don't have the source code
R.I.P. heltor, we will miss you
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2010 22:42
No, the feature should activate when set up in the gunspec, unless the feature itself has been changed or removed since I last used the source.

Maybe hockeykid can help us here? If he doesn't reply, I'll try to contact him myself and see what's going on.

The one and only,

Huncut1
Years of Service
User Offline
@Zeza:
What feature were you trying to change? Because some of the gunspec features are broken/bugged in PB. For example "zoomturnspeed" and the fire rate command (and others too). I accidentally got to know it, as I wanted to change the mouse speed while using ironsights, and I modified the values, and nothing happened. Then EAI told me that this function is broken in PB, and works best in fenix. I guess these will be fixed in the future (I hope ) Also, if you do some research on the forum, you will see other topics on this problem.
If I misunderstood something, please forgive me, it was because my english betrays me sometimes.

Thanks for all and best wishes,
Zoli
raymondlee306
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2010 22:48
I understand everything is still in BETA right now, but I am just curious if other PB users are not seeing the water in 118 Beta 3 with PB installed. Using stock engine water works fine for me, but with PB in there it runs as if I never placed the trigger zone. Just checking to see if this is normal at this point in time.

Thanks Guys
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2010 22:50
The water in V1.18 is still in development. You likely will not see the stock water feature in PB until it has been finalized as a feature in the official versions.

The one and only,

raymondlee306
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2010 23:07 Edited at: 16th Oct 2010 23:08
[quote]The water in V1.18 is still in development. You likely will not see the stock water feature in PB until it has been finalized as a feature in the official versions./[quote]

That's what I thought, Just making sure everyone is at this point and I'm not screwing up again.

Thanks Plystire

Edit-still haven't figure that quote button out yet
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2010 23:09
Quote: "Edit-still haven't figure that quote button out yet"

Copy and paste the text you want to quote into the message box. Highlight the text you want to qutoe and press the quote button. If it's highlighted when you press the button, it will put the tags around it for you.

The one and only,

GraPix
User Banned
Posted: 18th Oct 2010 16:41
Sorry, I went on vacation. I'm back.

I had to format my PC and I forgot to backup PB. @Ply can you please email me the latest stable version and the latest beta version?

And I'm also curious on who are now taking responsibility of PB, I mean who are in the team right now (just making sure, bcz back before 2 months, there has been some ups and downs)?

- GraPix
Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2010 16:44
Hockeykid now manages PB, Ply has nothing to do with it anymore, but even that doesn't stop him from helping out anyone who has a problem with the mod.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2010 23:54
@GraPix:

Marc's right, I don't manage the Mod right now, so I don't have the executables to email to you. You'll need to email hockeykid and request them. Hopefully you'll be back up and running soon after.

The one and only,

AeroFiles
Years of Service
User Offline
When should we expect a working version of blue for fps 118 ?
As of now, it does not work, but was not expecting it to.

AeroFiles - addon content developer for fps creator (store)
lotgd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2010 23:12
Quote: "@hokeykid : I already fixed that bug, though its not worth coming out with a new beta for just one small fix."

when it is released, the version with the bug fixed?

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2010 00:10
Quote: "When should we expect a working version of blue for fps 118 ?"

The day that it becomes possible to use foresight and make your programs forward compatible is the day that you will see the Mod working with BETA RELEASES. Until then, please be patient. The Mod likely will not contain v1.18 (or ANY future version for that matter) until it has left beta and has become official.

The one and only,

Sven
Years of Service
User Offline
can you make a pb version for x10?

cheers from holland!
Huncut1
Years of Service
User Offline
I guess there will not be PB for X10, but correct me if I am wrong.

Anyway, I tried rolfy's foams and waves, and they are not working. Is that because PB hasnt got water support yet? SO it means we cant use water in the metro theater either?
Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2010 16:43
Quote: "Is that because PB hasnt got water support yet? SO it means we cant use water in the metro theater either?"

Those water effects are powered by shaders. It sounds like you have full shader settings turned off.

Huncut1
Years of Service
User Offline
Actually I have them all on in the preferences.
And they work with everything else. :S I mean the bond1's shaders. But no water:S I will try that after installing metro theater pack.
Also, I will test bloom further, because today afternoon I saw weird lightning in the game, but I didnt have the time to investigate it.
Thank you very much for the fast response. Maybe I inserted the shader file wrong? hm... that has already happened to me, as I organise everything into directories, and that's not always good. I mean I usually create directories based on the composer of the models.
Huncut1
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, bond1's metro theater shaders, and water works very good and nice. But Ply, haven't you said that water hasn't been finalized yet in PB so its not in it?

Thanks,
Zoli
Huncut1
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, now I had the time to make the screenshots for the lightning issue I have mentioned. I don't know if it is really a problem, but its weird for me. The thing is that the farther I walk away from the source of the light, the more it colors my weapons. Of course, not if I go a thousand miles away, just between sensible ends. Rarely, when standing under a specific colored light, an other, unlterior light has effects on my weapon. I attached the screens in a rar file.

Thank you!

Zoli

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 11:20:21
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 11:20:21