Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Project Blue Official Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2010 12:29
@Lotgd

Hey comrade, unfortunately probably not, but I can say that Hockeykid is working really hard on getting the version 1.18 of FPSC out so that he can update PB with it's code, then I am sure you will be seeing updates.

What kind of bug are you getting?

Putting fear back into sliced bread since 4th May 2010
lotgd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2010 16:34 Edited at: 9th Dec 2010 16:36
@Soviet176
in late September, I signaled this problem.

I was told, had been fixed, but I sent the fix, because I had to wait for the upgrade, to be honest I bought the mod just for the multiplayer, and if I'm not working I do not need anything. FPSC does not use even more after all the money spent, among the various models and mod packs for the many problems I am having.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2010 22:02
I happen to know that hockeykid has been fiddling with multiplayer in FPSC, so I suspect once he's done with that we'll be seeing in PB in no time.

@lotgd:

I'm sorry, but the PB team does not offer refunds.

The one and only,

Only those who sow the seeds of their desires will reap their benefits later.
However, I have seeds of my own to tend to. I don't have time to be someone else's watering can.
veer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2010 22:09 Edited at: 9th Dec 2010 22:24
new feature i found in manual...i am not getting it

Adding cap=1 to the setup.ini to a built game will make sure the engine is in optimize mode.set the fps to
38 FPS.

so you mean my 15-16 fps will jump to 38 fps...that too in built game
lotgd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2010 14:32
@Plystire

Ok, thanks, I just have to wait until then.

veer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "new feature i found in manual...i am not getting it

Adding cap=1 to the setup.ini to a built game will make sure the engine is in optimize mode.set the fps to
38 FPS.

so you mean my 15-16 fps will jump to 38 fps...that too in built game"

can any1 confirm that
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2010 20:45
@veer:

Your fps will not automatically jump up to 38fps. If your game runs slower than 38 fps it will stay there, what the so called "optimization mode" does is simply cap the framerate at 38fps, so it will never run faster than 38fps.

The one and only,

However, I have seeds of my own to tend to. I don't have time to be someone else's watering can.
veer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Your fps will not automatically jump up to 38fps. If your game runs slower than 38 fps it will stay there, what the so called "optimization mode" does is simply cap the framerate at 38fps, so it will never run faster than 38fps"

i did not get it...

is there any improvement in performance will occur or not
biohazardNL
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2010 21:53
does this great mod ever release for fpscX10

[href]http://tbhproductions.com[/href]
Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2010 21:59
Quote: "i did not get it...

is there any improvement in performance will occur or not"

sigh...I don't think Plystire can write it more clearly.

NO!.cap=1 will limit the maximum framerate to 38,it will NOT improve performance.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2010 22:00 Edited at: 10th Dec 2010 22:00
@veer:

Your best bet would be to try it out, and if you like the results keep using it.

@biohazardNL:

Whena nd if hockeykid finds time to persue PB in FPSCX10, we can only continue waiting.

The one and only,

veer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "cap=1 will limit the maximum framerate to 38,it will NOT improve performance"

now i get...i should have read it properly

Quote: "Your best bet would be to try it out, and if you like the results keep using it"

i am loving it....
biohazardNL
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2010 22:53
Quote: "Whena nd if hockeykid finds time to persue PB in FPSCX10, we can only continue waiting."

Thanks dude

[href]http://tbhproductions.com[/href]
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "1. Is duel wielding and/or the alt melee setting I've been seeing around able to be used in MP?

2. If I add them to the setuplevel.fpi file, can things like weapon swap, sprint, armor and regeneration be used in MP like some of the other tricky things have been in the past?

3. Can the Lemur features be used with FPSC IP?

4. Will the new migration settings configuration menu be in able to be used with FPSC IP? (Hope this isn't too non-PB related as both will/are in PB).

5. Have you decided whether or not you're going to add Fenix to PB yet?""

1. Yes, there shouldn't be an issue.

2. Technically yes, you can even build your multiplayer map as a single player game and then before you hit build game switch it to multiplayer and it should work (so you could attach a script to a trigger zone or something).

3. That would be a question to ask Knxrb

4. No, not with the current way FPSC-IP works.

5. No

Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2010 08:24
Thanks for getting back to me Just another question, though: No you aren't going to merge them or no you haven't decided?

Payam
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,
Why didn't you answer me?
Quote: "I need a new condition for myself,do you add it for me(Just me)and if I have to pay for it how much you will get.
And if you add it to the official PB for all the users do you get any money?"

Please answer because it is very important to me.

I wanna start a project,with PB I can do more than 90% of it but without one thing I want you to add for me(It is easy to do)I have to remove other 10%.

Have our guns was a mistake!!!

I am PaYaM
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2010 20:32
@Have our guns (PaYaM):

What you're asking for is a unique version of PB for yourself. You will more than likely have to pay extra for that, and it would be up to hockeykid as to how much that will cost and if he even wants to do it.

The one and only,

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I need a new condition for myself,do you add it for me(Just me)and if I have to pay for it how much you will get.
And if you add it to the official PB for all the users do you get any money"

This is the correct answer:

Quote: "@Have our guns (PaYaM):

What you're asking for is a unique version of PB for yourself. You will more than likely have to pay extra for that, and it would be up to hockeykid as to how much that will cost and if he even wants to do it.

The one and only,"

@ALL New update fixing some slight bugs has been sent out

Payam
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks a lot.
But another question:

I didn't buy PB yet,if you add "#script" for me can I buy PB with "#script" together at a same time or I have to buy PB first then buy my script?
After I saw my answer I'll mail you hockeykid about the new script to see if you'll do or not and we will talk about the price with mails.

Have our guns was a mistake!!!

I am PaYaM
Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2010 17:26
Quote: "@ALL New update fixing some slight bugs has been sent out"

I got the update, but its only an exe file. Where are the other files that come with PB?

Also, what version of FPSC do I install it on?

veer
Years of Service
User Offline
why my Norton anti virus...giving me warning signal and delete my file
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2010 18:36
@veer:

Which files is it telling you are infected? It could just be paranoid, as so many other antivirus programs are.

The one and only,

raymondlee306
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2010 19:24
Just to make sure I did everything right...the water script in 118c is not working with project blue yet, correct? Even with the new update. I understand it is still in development, just want to make sure I did not do something wrong.
veer
Years of Service
User Offline
@Plystire

1)file where u enter serial key that one

2)then the main one fpsc-game.exe
Sandante
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2010 01:46
I
Quote: " got the update, but its only an exe file. Where are the other files that come with PB?"

I had the same problem. i tested it and it gave an error. maybe some files are missing.

GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2010 03:44
thank you for the update noticed a improvement in the fps by a fair bit from 15 to 30+ metro theater i find a few glitch's in the segments going funky and billboards half gone

======================================

GreenDixy Productions http://GreenDixy.Com
raymondlee306
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2010 03:55
I have also noticed entities "turn off" or dissappear before they are fully out of view.
Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2010 19:13
Bump. I'd still like to know what other files I need!

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Bump. I'd still like to know what other files I need!"

Hi Lewis,
Go back to your original email and download that downloader. Thats the downloader that will give you all the files, the other one is the updater.

Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2010 01:45 Edited at: 14th Dec 2010 02:22
Okay, thanks

Edit: Found an error. When a gun has a weapon script, the game crashes. Error pic below:

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Tony06270
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2010 18:25
[English : Hello Hockeykid, I'd buy my blue I am not a Paypal account, then is it possible that you put in place a system allopass?

Thank you.]

[French : Bonjour hockeykid, j'aimerai acheter le mod blue mes je n'est pas de compte paypal, donc est ce possible que vous mettiez en place un système allopass ?

Merci.]
Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2010 16:21
Another Error/Bug:

When I'm a built game and you hit escape to bring up the menu, it freezes. It doesnt update the menu. You can still move the mouse and click, but the graphics dont update.

Huncut1
Years of Service
User Offline
Another bugs:
When I die 3 times, the game freezes. FPSC Game has stopped working... Exactly the same that BOTB has mentioned just above.

The second one: I was bulding a map yesterday, and I placed EAI's sniper rifle. It worked fine in the game. But when I wanted to place one more later, and selected the rifle in the "placed entities" menu, the FPSC froze again. When I tried one more from the new entities menu, it froze again. Every time. But when I clicked the rifle on the map and duplicated it, it let me to do that. Iknow it is confusing... :S weird.
Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2010 13:27 Edited at: 16th Dec 2010 14:21
About the weapon scripting bug:

For some reason, its working again. I'll try and find where it's making the error if it comes up again. Strange..

EDIT - And now they're not working again. Something is definatley up with it..

old_School
Years of Service
User Offline
Just purcased I did not see a tut on how to get a vechicle like in the vid. You have a tut for that by chance?
old_School
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2010 02:38 Edited at: 19th Dec 2010 04:28
Hey just purchased as stated when I download it. It downloads nothing to the folder i speficy WTF?

Edit::::
downloaded now I get Error "Cant Play Game"

Edit got it working. We need a special section for just tuts for this mod. Hard time finding step by step tuts on how to use this tool.
Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2010 12:43
Hockeykid,

Was just wondering when there's going to be an update to Project Blue to fix the error with weapon scripts and the freezing menu.

It's just that I'm meant to be releasing my game soon and It requires the awesome usage of the weapon scripts feature, and of course, to have a working in game menu.

old_School
Years of Service
User Offline
Just a little update for people thinking about purchasing Project Blue. I sent hockeykid a more user friendly guide to setup as well as a Advanced users guide. He has reviewed the setup guide allready and liked it. An may impliment it as well. As for the Advanced users guide. I just sent it to him so no word on it yet.

The setup guide gives you a step by step detailed process to follow for installing Project Blue which makes it alot easier in to understand. An the advanced user guide will give you a very basic understanding and history of programming. I also broke down the P90 FPE file in the Advanced users guide to explain how enitys work. So you will be able to get the most out of this wonfderful tool Hockeykid has provided.

Im going to focus most of my attention by making easy to use and understand guides for Project Blue so you all can use it to its fullest power. I will try to keep the guides very simple by not using alot of "techy talk". I find techy talk often confuses alot of people and makes learning a very frustrating process.

In closing I hope to see my guides soon and I hope you all learn something from the guides so you too will benifit from using Project Blue. Thank you.
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Hockeykid,

Was just wondering when there's going to be an update to Project Blue to fix the error with weapon scripts and the freezing menu.

It's just that I'm meant to be releasing my game soon and It requires the awesome usage of the weapon scripts feature, and of course, to have a working in game menu.
"

Hi, If you can give me some example scripts and step by step reproducing instructions I should be able to fix the issues.

Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2010 11:14 Edited at: 20th Dec 2010 11:15
Hockeykid,

Quote: "Hi, If you can give me some example scripts and step by step reproducing instructions I should be able to fix the issues."

Sure thing! I've included a list I've found of so far and how to encounter them.

_________

Weapon scripts bug:
Weapon scripts attached. Any weapon script attached will freeze the game (on a 50/50 chance. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. It's unstable) if used in the gunspec using 'usescript = weapon.fpi'. I have included weapon scripts, and melee scripts.

Freezing menu:
How to reproduce - use any in game menu script in the setuplevel.fpi and try to go into the menu in a built game. You will also see that sometimes when playing a test game, the menu may show.
As for the freezing menu, use any setuplevel.fpi and you will see that the cursor does not update. If you can guess where the save/load/exit is and mouse the mouse and click, it will show, but you will not see the cursor move. It remains frozen and doesnt update.

Saving/Loading menu
How to reproduce - Save and load a game, clicking on the 'YES' when the confirmation box comes up. You should get a run time error like below.
Saving:

Loading:

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2010 01:15
@Lewis:

I know many of you found the new commands easy to grasp and use, but it is true that a lot of our users are just overwhelmed by all the changes made and how complicated some aspects of these commands can be. I think that's why he is wanting to make a guide. So that the users that do have difficulty grasping the new commands will have an easier (even if it's slightly) time getting into the swing of things.

I know you have a good grasp on the FPI "language" and have made many great things with it. Perhaps you could contribute to such a guide?

The one and only,

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2010 02:47
And our update?

- BlackFox

RPG Mod- Create a world full of adventure
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2010 02:52
I instlled the lastest update yesterday. I got it from the mail. I tried V117 and V118.003 BETA but when I test the game I get:

"Unable To run Test game"
"ERROR"

And it doesn't test or build anymore.

Any ideas?

Computer Specs: Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2.80GHz @ 1066Mhz FSB 3MB Cache, Dual Channel 8192MB DDR2 PC6400 800MHz RAM, XFX Nvidia Geforce 9800 GTX+ 512MB, XFX 780i SLI Motherboard
Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2010 04:56
Quote: "Thanks for getting back to me. Just another question, though: No you aren't going to merge them or no you haven't decided?"

@Hockeykid I really hate to pester, but my excitement has gotten the better of me yet again. Your "no" regarding the PB/Fenix merger was a bit ambiguous and I was really just wondering if you meant "no I'm not merging them" or "no I haven't decided" (as my question was whether you decided or not). I'm hoping it's the latter, because it'd be a real shame otherwise. I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting them to be combined, though I know how difficult it would be to do so effectively. I hope I'm not just bugging the snot out of you

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2010 06:18 Edited at: 22nd Dec 2010 05:25
Quote: "
@Hockeykid I really hate to pester, but my excitement has gotten the better of me yet again. Your "no" regarding the PB/Fenix merger was a bit ambiguous and I was really just wondering if you meant "no I'm not merging them" or "no I haven't decided" (as my question was whether you decided or not). I'm hoping it's the latter, because it'd be a real shame otherwise. I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting them to be combined, though I know how difficult it would be to do so effectively. I hope I'm not just bugging the snot out of you"

I meant no I haven't decided.

Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2010 06:40
Thank goodness

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2010 10:46 Edited at: 22nd Dec 2010 05:26
I don't want to totally go off subject, so just to say that it's good to see the Hockeykid is making the occasional update to PB and hope one day to see it compatible with the latest version.

http://jimjamsgames.yolasite.com
Tony06270
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2010 14:08
Allopass please ???
jules
Years of Service
User Offline
is project blue quite cool to built an awesome game in fpsc x9. does model packs (zombie apocalypse, model pack 6 ...etc) work?
when will there be water in project blue?
old_School
Years of Service
User Offline
Little issue discovered.

Windows 7 USERS:
After you install Project Blue and have it fully operational. Besure to right click on your FPS Creator Mod folder and choose properties. Next choose Security. Adjust your security settings and remove read only. Oherwise when you try to modify your arena files or other files, it may not allow the changes. UAC is really annoying, so this should help reduce the UAC based issues.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 15:57:10
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 15:57:10