Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Project Blue Official Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2010 00:36
If you're referring to the water found in v1.18, then yes, it has not been finalized and is not part of PB at this point in time (to the best of my knowledge). So, any water found in PB is not the water found in v1.18.

And thank you for reporting the lighting bug, I'm sure hockeykid will get around to it when he finds time.

The one and only,

Huncut1
Years of Service
User Offline
Ahhh, I guess I missed the attachment...
Now, probably its ok:

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Huncut1
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry for hearing my voice so many times, but I have something again.
When I have PB's bloom truned on, some of the objects edges are outlined. I mean they are weird. I cant explain it down to details in words, this is why I will illustarate it by photos. I attached the screens about the problem.
Also, I noticed that if I have PB installed, I can not use the original fullscreen shaders of FPSC 1.17. I wanted to test it with the original shader, but I couldnt. (deleted the mod.ini, and modified the postprocessing to 1. then I tried modifying it to 2, but I then realized that depth of field not working either. I'm not saying its a problem, I guess this is fine this way, and cannot be elsehow. But the outlined objects are something I consider weird.

Thanks for all and best wishes,

Zoli
Huncut1
Years of Service
User Offline
Ah come ooooooon, why am I always forgetting about this----->

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Payam
Years of Service
User Offline
I have a very important question:
If I buy for example the newest version of PB then a newer version release can I have it without paying again or each time I wanna get a newer PB I have to pay 28$?

Have our guns was a mistake!!!

I am PaYaM
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2010 01:42
After buying, you get updates for free.

The one and only,

SecretiveOps
Years of Service
User Offline
I bought this, installed it to my directory, but I get no modification. I tried the roit shield blocking gunspecs, but it failed. I'm afraid I might have screwed up. Can someone help me? I can't possibly have wasted thirty bucks for nothing.

Why does life suck the life out of you?
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2010 03:57
Does this include all the code from beta 3 plystire? meaning, even though it says it uses only 1.18b1 does it contain all the code from beta 3?

Putting fear back into sliced bread since 4th May 2010
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "oes this include all the code from beta 3 plystire? meaning, even though it says it uses only 1.18b1 does it contain all the code from beta 3?"

Soviet, the latest version of Project Blue uses V1.17. Also, I've sent you another email.

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2010 04:11
Quote: "Soviet, the latest version of Project Blue uses V1.17. Also, I've sent you another email."

So thats why it didnt work lol..

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "So thats why it didnt work lol.."

I sent the fix, did you get it?

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2010 04:26
Quote: "I sent the fix, did you get it?"

I did thank you, but now when I load my maps, it looks like its loading all the entities, but it deletes them from the maps, and leaves the segments only :/

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I did thank you, but now when I load my maps, it looks like its loading all the entities, but it deletes them from the maps, and leaves the segments only :/"

Sounds as if your using the V1.118 map editor

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2010 05:14 Edited at: 27th Oct 2010 05:15
Quote: "Sounds as if your using the V1.118 map editor"

How would I change to the project blue map editor?

**Edit**

I feel like an idiot...I thought PB was for update 1.18 instead I got it confused with PB 1.8 omfg, I have beta 1.18B1 installed thinking it works and all that jazz.

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2010 05:32
Alright, sorry for the double post. PB works perfectly now using 1.8C however, the fix you gave me hockey kid turns my screen fully black during test game. But the 1.8C beta .exe works fine. :/

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Alright, sorry for the double post. PB works perfectly now using 1.8C however, the fix you gave me hockey kid turns my screen fully black during test game. But the 1.8C beta .exe works fine. :/
"

Hi, do you mind going on MSN?

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2010 01:29
@SecretiveOps:

Quote: "I bought this, installed it to my directory, but I get no modification. I tried the roit shield blocking gunspecs, but it failed. I'm afraid I might have screwed up. Can someone help me? I can't possibly have wasted thirty bucks for nothing."

Not sure someone has helped you with yet or not, but can you please post up your gunspec for the riot shield you are having trouble with? It may be a small error that we can correct for you. Or, it could also be an incomplete install. In any case, it's not my goal to see anyone "waste" their money on PB.

The one and only,

Huncut1
Years of Service
User Offline
Ply, isnt it the thing I have mentioned? I mean modifying some of the airmod commands does not have an effect on the gun. I mean, for example, "zoomturnspeed" surely does not work(for me and others). I have also asked EAI about it(as the modified weapon was his gold deagle) and he told me that these functions are broken in PB at the moment. Could it be?
SecretiveOps
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2010 23:23 Edited at: 28th Oct 2010 23:28
Nvm Ply, I fixed it. I just ran the non-beta installer instead. And now I am very satisfied. Long live PB!

P.S: The riot shield, sight walking anims, shaders, player legs, thermal, blur, and everything else is WIN!

Huncut1
Years of Service
User Offline
@SecretiveOps: And do Airmod commands work fine for you?
Huncut1
Years of Service
User Offline
Plystire, if I have a medium outdoor scene, is that a problem for fpsc? I think it can not handle it. I get a massive lag everytime I go outside... I built the map from the cosmic prophet's countrytime pack. I did not use a lot of entitys, but if I go outside and the whole map comes into sight, I get such a slowdown like 5 FPS. But with a 2,66 Ghz Quadcore, 4 GB RAM and a radeon 5770? SO I thought maybe not my hardware is the source of the problem. I also made an executable from the map, to make sure its not my comp that cant handle fpsc editor and the map at the same time, but I had the FPS drop running it from the executable too. Does this mean I can make no open space at all?

By the way, when the executable was done, I wanted to modify the resolution, but in the setup file, there was no resolution. Do I have to modify it in the main FPSC directory and then make an executable?
Also, I got an "imageblock.bin" into my files folder. I can open it with VLC media player, but it is 112MB. :S What is that?

Thank for all and best wishes,

Zoli
Payam
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,
Oh my VGA is 5770 too.
About imageblock.bin I have yo say in old versions we had a Texturebank folder in the built game but in newer versions FPSC automatically compress all textures into imageblock.bin for more protection of files.

And I have to say I didn't buy PB yet but I will in few days and as you had a very low FPS I have to be sure I won't have a low FPS with PB so I am waiting for an answer.

Please answer Huncut1.
If you answer him you answered me then I'll buy PB if the problem is not with it.

Have our guns was a mistake!!!

I am PaYaM
Huncut1
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, PB worth its price, that's pretty sure. Even the scripting command themselves would worth the price, and I think the problem that besides it is getting better and better every time, developing well, FPSC is still an 50$ engine. I think I would have the same FPS drop with the 1.17 itself too, if not worse... Anyway, in inner spaces, rooms, it runs supersmooth. Never falls below 74 FPS. (fixed to 75 monitor refresh rate)
Thanks for the imageblock explanation, at least now I know I have nothing to worry about.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2010 00:17
Quote: "I did not use a lot of entitys, but if I go outside and the whole map comes into sight, I get such a slowdown like 5 FPS."

The fact that you're not using many entities makes me believe the root of the problem lies within the portaling system. Basically FPSC is trying its hardest to hide as much of the level as it can, but given how much of the level is now visible it has a lot of calculations to run through in order to try and do that. That's my hypothesis anyway. It's no secret that FPSC wasn't designed to make giant outdoor levels, much of the system was designed with indoor areas in mind. Perhaps as the official versions become more and more lenient with large outdoor areas (not exactly something they're working on, but we can hope), it will make its way into PB.

I am curious, though. If you're indeed interested, I would like to hear what speed your level runs at in v1.17/v1.18. That may help track down the root of the problem.

The one and only,

SecretiveOps
Years of Service
User Offline
@Huncut1: Yes they do. Ironsights work like a beauty on the model pack weapons. And Ply, the two-timer system sure did double my framerate on my urban level.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2010 02:44
Glad to hear it, SecretiveOps. I'm happy that it's working well for you. Also glad to hear some of the airmod features are working for you as well. Maybe not all of them are broken. It will need to be looked into regardless, though, we can't just let them sit around not working for some people.

The one and only,

Huncut1
Years of Service
User Offline
Actually, I can never exceed the 75FPS line with or without PB. :S I don't have V-sync on in my VGA driver. I have everything on "application control" . When I spawn in FPSC, i Have 50 FPS, then I usually press X, which gives me the 75 FPS, but thats the top. I could never exceed my monitor refresh rate.:S (I tested it in PB and in the original 1.17 too)

Anyway, yes, the problem was what you said. When I covered the whole big outer space with floors and walls, the lag disappeared. But to make it disappear, I had to cover the WHOLE space, not leaving out a single floor or wall segment. If you miss one, FPSC will calculate the further parts of the map, and consider the whole map as a big room, giving you such a lag computer has never seen before. I mean it looks more like a museum now, not an outer space

Oh, and there is something I would like to ask you. Well, your opinion... Which lightmap quality number is the winner for you? I mean, when I leave it on 5, it's... not nice.... But if I set it to 50, I get a complete crash. Running out of memory... It simply does not let me to exceed 1.85GB memory. I want to exceed! I had to cut it down to 10. To set it to 25, I have to cut down on my entities gradually. Maybe I'm having too many. So which lightmap quality number do you consider to be the best to be able to use some entities, and also to have better visual quality. And I noticed something. If I have similar entities, I should use the same right? Because I place pillar1 three time, fpsc eats almost the same amount of memory, but if I place pillar1,2, and 3, fpsc goes wild and eats three times as much.

Huh, I guess this is all for today, I have been building map, voice acting and correcting my previous faults all day long... and I haven't even finished the firts map... ;-(

Zoli
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2010 22:59
Well, glad we figured out the cause of lag. Not sure what else you can do to prevent it, though. If you're going for a wide open sky, maybe you can use invisible segments? That way the geometry is there for FPSC to calculate and it's still covering everything up while giving you the open-ness feeling.

As for lightmap quality, I had always left mine on 20. It wasn't so high that it took forever to calculate, but was high enough to give, what I think, a nice lightmap. Not sure how well it works for others, but it works for me and my own standards.

When placing entities, FPSC keeps each unique entity saved for reuse when building (if I recall correctly), so to add to the list of unique entities (I.E. multiple different pillars) it will consume more memory during build.

Hope that information helps you out.

The one and only,

Only those who sow the seeds of their desires will reap their benefits later.
However, I have seeds of my own to tend to. I don't have time to be someone else's watering can.
Huncut1
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you for the complete answer.
Yes, I guess I will try to cut down on memory usage to reach lightmapquality 20, which would be prefect I guess, because it's not horrible even on 10 either.
However, that invisible segment think doesnt work actually. I would rather prefer the idea to trick fpsc that way, but I have just spent 2 hours redung the slowdown, because I couldn't figure out why I had 15 FPS in a shall hall. The thing that was giving me the headache was the door... it let through the light, but the amount of light was not enough to notice. It was a hard ride.
And thnks for the entity idea, then I will not use so many similar looking entites, I will use the same entites, and maybe I can reach the magic 20.

Zoli
lotgd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2010 01:20
Quote: "Quote: "@hokeykid : I already fixed that bug, though its not worth coming out with a new beta for just one small fix."

when it is released, the version with the bug fixed?"

you can put the fix? I would like to continue with the work, I stopped for a while waiting for this little fix.

Cloner
Years of Service
User Offline
received an email from project blue today providing link to new upgrade, as also another link with all files.

also the key to be used was in the mail.

The downloader says the key has been used, so no download for me.

Kindly look into this problem, or tell me what I might be doing wrong.

As I downloaded and successfully installed the first upgrade, after this new downloader came into existence, I guess that part is understood.

This is the second time I received the mail from PB after the new downloader came into existence.

Still moving in circles.
Huncut1
Years of Service
User Offline
I received the same email too.
Huncut1
Years of Service
User Offline
auuuuuch. Ply, after setting lightmapquality to 20, I had a nice runtime error I did not run out of the memory, because I have successfully cut down on the number of various entities. But it crashed. :S But only that map crashes, I tried lightmapquality 48 on a smaller map and it worked fine.
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
There is no new update.....

Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2010 23:08
Odd, because I received the same emails

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Might have been an accident, disregard it.

Though while i'm posting how many people think Fenix Mod should be recoded into Project Blue?

I need to figure out a fair deal as recoding all the Fenix Mod features will not be a walk in the park. So any one have any ideas as to if I should raise the price slightly or make it a payed expansion ?

Huncut1
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm in !! I'm in!! I am even willing to pay around 12$ or a little bit more to have fenix and PB alltogether. I vote a very big YES for a full integration, but it's just one opinion...

Thank you!
Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2010 00:11
I'd say a paid expansion.

I'm thinking of buying PB,but I wouldn't mind spending a few extra bucks on the Fenix Mod extention.Its either way with me,however other people may feel they don't need it.

zeza
Years of Service
User Offline
I agree with the paid expansion, its like buying a map-pack for a game, though I think $12 is a little much

I'd change the world, but I don't have the source code
R.I.P. heltor, we will miss you
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I also recieved the email, but mine is up to date. I am for fenix in PB, but since it was a free mod to begin with I think it should stay free. I think add it to both PB and PG.

GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2010 03:39
add it to pb please would be awesome

======================================

GreenDixy Productions http://GreenDixy.Com
lotgd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2010 04:39
hockeykid I know you work a lot, but do a lousy support, I've been waiting 37 days ...

Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2010 06:04
You already know how big of an advocate of the merger I am (I can't seem to keep my mouth shut about it ). I agree with Starmind 001 especially, but after PG gets some needed upgrades too

seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2010 05:38
I'm for it as well and don't mind paying for it either. But how would you do that with out having two source codes. Cause some may not want Fenix mod added in there PB or are not willing to pay for it.Just want to know how this would work out.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2010 06:01
I'm against the paid expansion idea, as you know. I've already given you my thoughts on that and how else you could go about it.

@lotgd:

hockeykid is indeed very busy. If you're waiting for a bug fix, then it should be coming soon in the next update. If not, then what have you been waiting for that others here haven't?

@Wraith Staff:

I'm all for PG getting an update, but I'm afraid we can't look too deeply into that. Fenix was supposed to be hockeykid's "free" version for people to fall back on, not PG. Since fenix hasn't been updated in quite some time, I don't expect we will see PG getting an update anytime soon either.

The one and only,

However, I have seeds of my own to tend to. I don't have time to be someone else's watering can.
jbfreeze
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2010 13:21
Is there a 3rd person mod in project blue?
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2010 16:52
Yes, people have made third person scripts using Project Blue. It is not a feature of Project Blue, but it can be done.

The one and only,

jbfreeze
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2010 20:02
Thank you I have a kinda ambitious game planned I hope I can use project blue for it
DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2010 00:14 Edited at: 6th Nov 2010 16:50
I received the update in my e-mail, yet I have encountered a problem.

It says my code has already been used...

Btw, as a request I was wondering if you could switch the email updates are sent to, to my new email. So from:

andrew.cf(at)live.ca
to
andrewcf(at)live.com

Thanks! Hope you can switch emails and figure out what is up with my code.

Which is btw:
QZNK-03VD-**** (starred out last 4 for piracy reasons)

[img][/img]
Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2010 00:18
I think it would be cool, although I wouldnt buy it. I mean PB is already being merged into the official version so eventually I would've paid for something thats become free. I say free expansion

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 11:56:10
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 11:56:10