Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / TGC App Developers Group

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Sometimes it takes a while. If you click on your "Nurendsoft" in the Magical Gloves listing it will show your published games but it is not showing yet."

Ok. Thanks baxslash.

Quote: "Sounds like you've kept your 'magical' hands busy!"

Je je je Yes I'm very busy. I have a lot of ideas for new games but until I finished the game OP. ANNUNAKI, I could not start working with new projects.

Quote: "I've started work on a the AI for a 'top down' zombie game"

Great news and excelent sprites. I hope to see your models in motion very soon.

Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2011 17:46
Quote: "Well, the game includes the templated for print and cut."

Nice thought but I'm afraid I don't have a printer atm either! At uni abroad at the moment so only have the stuff I could fit in one bag of hold luggage! I'm sure I'll be able to get them at some point though

Quote: "Anyone know how to find a game in Intel AppUp website?"

As baxslash says, they can be really slow. If it's published, it should already be accessible through the AppUp client but the website lags behind a lot. RADAR appeared in 1 day but the RADAR Demo took nearly 2 weeks to appear. They're also quite slow on their emails. I asked a question to customer support and I waited nearly 3 weeks for a reply. I also got my brown belt points level three months back but only got it showing up about three weeks ago and have still had no email to tell me about it (or the free book I'm supposed to get ).

Jordi
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Lucas Only I can do is wait. No problem.

If "Cañon Pirata 3D" don't have more issues, I will send it for validation.

And meanwhile I'll keep working on my next game.

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2011 11:35 Edited at: 28th Sep 2011 11:45
There is now another platform Intel is accepting apps to, Tizen. It'll be interesting to see how well this OS competes against other OSs and if it does take off I hope TGC will make AppGameKit compatable with it.

Edit: Looks like it's heavily based on HTML 5 so if DVader gets his wish of HTML 5 support in AppGameKit then this OS may not be too far behind!

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2011 11:45
I was just reading that, ninja'd again...

Looks very interesting.

I have a small bit of news too, my zombie game "The Last Stand" will be marketed by Intel in an October campaign (I'm guessing it'll be for Halloween). You should all see it in one of their standard marketing emails but it should also be visible in the AppUp Client and on the main website.

It will be interesting to see what kind of impact it has on sales, and it might give us some idea what applying for a "Profit Share" scheme might do for our apps!

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2011 11:56
Quote: "I was just reading that, ninja'd again..."

Yes! Let see now that makes it...I can't remember but I'm catching up.

Quote: "I have a small bit of news too, my zombie game "The Last Stand" will be marketed by Intel in an October campaign (I'm guessing it'll be for Halloween). You should all see it in one of their standard marketing emails but it should also be visible in the AppUp Client and on the main website.
"

That is great news! I hope it boosts the number of visits to the ADG website as well.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2011 11:58
Quote: " I hope it boosts the number of visits to the ADG website as well."

It might as the link is in both the free and full version of the game in the main menu.

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2011 12:09
Let's keep our fingers crossed then. Do you know when they are rolling out the emails? One thing I'd like to have done is to fix the names display on the slideshow on the homepage.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2011 12:12
Quote: "Do you know when they are rolling out the emails?"

17th Oct I believe...

Quote: "One thing I'd like to have done is to fix the names display on the slideshow on the homepage."

That would be great.

Batvink... calling Batvink... (perhaps after the newsletter comes out?)

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2011 12:24
Quote: "17th Oct I believe...
"

Typical, my exams start on that exact date. Unbelieveable! But it does give us a bit of time to polish the site.

Sorry for the 20 questions baxslash but how many responses (i.e images) did you get for the newsletter for ADG Arcade?

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2011 12:42
Quote: "Sorry for the 20 questions baxslash but how many responses (i.e images) did you get for the newsletter for ADG Arcade?"

That's OK, I got enough for the article. There's a very short bit of info on 6 of the games and what has been seen to be worked on. I couldn't really thank people who hadn't posted any actual game images or videos yet in case they've changed their minds.

Batvink ninja'd me on a separate game review too

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2011 13:02
Quote: "There's a very short bit of info on 6 of the games"

Thanks baxslash, reason for me asking is that we might be able to spruce up the ADG Arcade article. If we got the six developers to write articles on each of their games in the Arcade category and then list them in the main article I think it would look quite stunning. I'll create a thread a bit later in the ADG forum so we can discuss this in more detail.

Quote: "Batvink ninja'd me on a separate game review too"

You're letting your guard down baxslash, luckily the baxslasher has thick armour.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2011 13:42 Edited at: 28th Sep 2011 13:44
Quote: "One thing I'd like to have done is to fix the names display on the slideshow on the homepage"

The module we're using is flawed, and I haven't seen a fix for it yet. We discussed removing names altogether, maybe we should work on that. I have zero time at the moment (too many people doing too much good stuff to put in the newsletter!) but if anyone wants to dabble, then they can add the module to a test page (registered users only) and fiddle with the options.

Quote: "Batvink ninja'd me on a separate game review too"

I didn't want to write a review, I just wanted to Ninja Baxslash

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2011 13:53
Quote: "We discussed removing names altogether, maybe we should work on that."

That's bascially what I meant

Quote: "I have zero time at the moment (too many people doing too much good stuff to put in the newsletter!)"

Sounds like another fantastic edition is on its way.

Quote: "but if anyone wants to dabble, then they can add the module to a test page (registered users only) and fiddle with the options."

I might have a little play around then.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2011 14:29
Urgent
Does anyone know if DBPro games work on 64Bit systems? I have no way of checking this and I need to know quick... seems that if TLS doesn't work on 64Bit they are pulling it from the advertising campaign

basjak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2011 15:37
am working on 64bit system. everything is fine.
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2011 15:48
Thanks basjak, but do you know if your compiled games work on 32 bit or if games compiled on 32 bit work on 64 bit?

Also I'm wondering if any of the plugins I used might cause an issue such as EA, sparky's, Cloggy's d3d... ?

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2011 16:05
the games are 32-bit, and they work just fine on 64-bit. I have a 64-bit laptop if you want me to test anything this evening.

I chose not to include Win64 in my AppUp submission just to get it up there - one less platform for the installer to fail on. But I do know the installer works on a 64-bit machine too.

They must be referring to just the platform and not the game itself. If they insisted games were compiled as 64-bit, they would lose 99% of their catalogue. And don't forget 32-bit games work on both, 64-bit games only work on the 64-bit platform.

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2011 16:09 Edited at: 28th Sep 2011 16:11
Don't forget that you also have a beta testers list in the AppGameKit thread. KISTech has access to a Win 7 64 bit machine and I think The Slayer does as well and as I'm typing this BatVink replied so there's another one plus basjak. I've really got to get with the times!

Btw, what netbook runs Win xp/7 64 bit?

How's that for ninja'ing?

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2011 16:09
Quote: "I chose not to include Win64 in my AppUp submission just to get it up there"

Same here... or so I thought... but it passed validation in its latest state anyway.

Quote: "They must be referring to just the platform and not the game itself. If they insisted games were compiled as 64-bit, they would lose 99% of their catalogue. And don't forget 32-bit games work on both, 64-bit games only work on the 64-bit platform."

Can't think why it's on their "64bit removal list" then?

basjak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2011 16:09
yep, I have 32bit vista on one computer and 64bit win7 on the other. I've never experienced any problem since the latest DBpro update.

actually baxslash, I came to this board to see how can I put my name on the list when my game gets ready.
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2011 16:10
Welcome to the group basjak!

basjak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2011 16:23
many cheers.

if you had a chance to look at a 64bit system you will notice that system 32 is included in system 64 but in two separate folders.
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2011 16:28
Welcome basjak (added you)! Thought you were already a member actually, I'm losing track!

Thanks for your help all, I'm just jumping through a few hoops and waiting for some further say on the matter. I'll let you all know how I get on.

Dimis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2011 17:14
@ baxslash
My home desktop pc uses 64bit Windows 7 operating system. I never had any problem with DBPro games. Your games worked fine. Also the programs that I compile on my pc have no problem with 32bit operating systems.
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2011 17:22
Thanks Dimis, and everyone else for your quick responses to my panic attack! Hopefully it will not be a problem

basjak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2011 17:40
not being so good but you deserve every little help.
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2011 19:28
They pulled the game from their promotion.

I am furious. I never even specified it for 64Bit and now I'm missing a marketing opportunity I should never have been told about. I wasted about three hours getting stuff ready and jumping through hoops.

I'm more than a little annoyed about this. Anyone else want to run an AppUp group?

basjak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2011 22:34
am quite surprised. anything am missing in here.

I always code my apps using 64bit win7. then later, I test it on my other 32bit vista. I've never had a trouble in running a 64bit system DBpro compiled app on my vista system.

I am planning to buy a netbook this weekend to test my apps before submitting and I will be ready to test any app for you guys.

anyone tried wItem Installer?.
The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: (Hide and) Seek and Destroy on my guitar!
Posted: 28th Sep 2011 22:44 Edited at: 28th Sep 2011 22:45
@Jordi:
Congrats on your new game, dude! Well done!

Wooow, I've been away most of the day, and look at all the posts?

Quote: "There is now another platform Intel is accepting apps to, Tizen."

Hum, the page doesn't load for me. Will try again later.

Quote: "I have a small bit of news too, my zombie game "The Last Stand" will be marketed by Intel in an October campaign (I'm guessing it'll be for Halloween)."

Quote: "They pulled the game from their promotion.

I am furious."

Woooooow man, that is harsh! Any idea why they've suddenly pulled your game from their promotion?

Quote: "Welcome to the group basjak!"

Same here, basjak! Welcome!

Cheers

Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm getting AppGameKit tomorrow. I wondered if I could join this group.

The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2011 01:38
Quote: "I wondered if I could join this group."

Hum, let me see. You'll first have to do a test, though.
Heheheh, just kidding of course. You're more than welcome.

Cheers

Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Ace! I have most of the graphics done already, so hopefully AppGameKit is going to be easy to get used to from DBPro.

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2011 02:30 Edited at: 29th Sep 2011 02:33
Quote: "They pulled the game from their promotion."

That's just unfair. Peroid.

Quote: "Any idea why they've suddenly pulled your game from their promotion? "

I'm guessing it's the lack of confirmed 64 bit support. But it's not supposed to roll out until the Oct 17th so surely they should have atleast allowed baxslash a few days to test it out on Win 7 64.

Quote: "I'm more than a little annoyed about this. Anyone else want to run an AppUp group?"

I'm 90% sure that's a rhetorical question... Anyway baxslash don't let this get you down too much, you've helped numerous others get their games onto an appstore which is a very important mile stone for them. If it weren't for this group I wouldn't nearly be as good a developer as I am today. This group has given me invaluable experience, things that can't be taught in a classroom.
Just a few reminders of what you've done for us:
Quote: "I owe a lot to this group, I wouldn't be on AppUp without it."

Quote: "21 Published Apps"
Which is probably more by now.
50+ members!

Remember, a "Valued Member" badge is earned and is a symbol of what you've done and will do for this community. Intel pushed us down a bit but we've got to get up and push back, prefereably in the form of more apps.

Just thought you were in need of a confidence boost baxslash, hope it worked.

Somehow I thought this was relevant:

Welcome to the group Pincho!

Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2011 06:53
Quote: "They pulled the game from their promotion."

Unlucky! And unfair! I'd just like to add my voice to the people verifying that DBP has no problem with 64 bit whatsoever. My dev machine is 64 bit and I have actually played The Last Stand Demo on it so I know it works. No chance you'll be able to remonstrate with them? It's always a horrible feeling when these big companies do this to you as your so powerless to do anything about it. What can I say? It's a bureaucratic mistake on their part and not a personal attack on you, whatever it might seem like. Mind you, Intel hasn't always been good to us with threats of code signing fees and so on but at least with AppGameKit, we are now at liberty to take our business where we want where as with DBP, we were kind of stuck with them.

Oh and I think you're all doing great work with the AppGameKit Arcade; progress is looking really nice. Just sorry I've not had the time to contribute myself.

With the AppGameKit website, I noticed you were saying about trouble with the game names at the side of the screen shots and I noticed an issue with it myself in the system I use for AdSense in apps. From my (very limited) tests, it looks to me like it's a problem with the way trident renders it which could be quite a major issue. Problems? With trident? I'm shocked... Anyhow is there anything I can do to help on that?

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2011 10:42
Quote: "Oh and I think you're all doing great work with the AppGameKit Arcade; progress is looking really nice. Just sorry I've not had the time to contribute myself."

Well there has been a bit of smalk talk about volume 2 so you might be able to contribute then but I don't think it will be happening any time soon. It's been a while since I've talked to you Lucas, what's the latest project and how's it going?

Hoist the colours!

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2011 10:46
Quote: "I am planning to buy a netbook this weekend to test my apps before submitting and I will be ready to test any app for you guys.

anyone tried wItem Installer?."

Great, know what you're getting yet? I haven't tried wItem installer but there is a free MSI making utility that has been tested for AppUp. It can be downloaded here: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=185508&b=8

There's a full guide and loads more info in the first post on this thread.

Quote: "Woooooow man, that is harsh! Any idea why they've suddenly pulled your game from their promotion?"

...it wouldn't run on 64 Bit Windows 7. Never said it would or tested it because I don't have a 64 Bit Windows 7 machine. I'll post a link to an installer here so someone else can try it (and have the full game for free) if they want.

Anyway I can only assume it's a problem with 64 Bit W7, maybe to do with the plugins I'm using? I'll post that demo ASAP.

Welcome Pincho Paxton! AppGameKit is really easy to move to from DBPro, you'll have no problem, although there are still bugs and some missing useful commands ("getSpriteGroup" is my own bugbear!).

Quote: "I'm 90% sure that's a rhetorical question..."

It was... thanks Hodgey I'm only at defcon 4 now...

Thanks Lucas for the offer, Hodgey's working on it I think.

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2011 11:00
Quote: "It was... thanks Hodgey I'm only at defcon 4 now..."

You're welcome baxslash. If you want to launch nukes, launch the Hodgey nukes

Quote: "Hodgey's working on it I think."

I am? Uhh... I mean I am! I have a plan so I'll let you guys know how it goes.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2011 14:37
For anyone that is unaware there are two new utilities available which are useful to AppGameKit developers for creating sprite sheets:
Model-2-Sprite
...and...
SpriteMe

Both are made by ADG members @matty halewood and @hockeykid respectively. Well done guys! Nice to see some healthy competition, personally I'm tempted by the combo offer

Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2011 18:04
Quote: "volume 2 so you might be able to contribute then but I don't think it will be happening any time soon."

Not for a while probably bodes well for my ability to participate

Quote: "It's been a while since I've talked to you Lucas, what's the latest project and how's it going?"

Yeah sorry I've not been posting much but rest assured I'm still around. It's just reading is quicker than writing . Well I've had this game idea for a couple of years now so I was trying to make that in AppGameKit Tier 2. The only snag is that the idea is cursed. This must be my fourth attempt to make it and every time I try, something goes horribly wrong. In this case, the thing that went horribly wrong is my decision to use AppGameKit without realising the lack of basic drawing commands, specifically lines. As the whole game is to do with dragging out dynamically created lines from one point to another, none of the work arounds I've seen so far look like they'll work so I'm just waiting for those commands to be added. Also my poor little netbook dies a little each time I try and load Visual Studio. I'm still developing but it's mostly not TGC stuff atm so I've not been posting too much here. I was planning to have a go at the Arcade project but I got set back ages by this thorny bug I encountered whilst trying to update the Chrome Extension I develop and I'm still working through that.

Quote: "it wouldn't run on 64 Bit Windows 7."

As in... They actually tested it and it didn't work? You did remember to recompile under the latest version so that it doesn't encounter the issue with Win7 SP1 right? I know you did on the demo version because first time I tested it it failed but then you updated it and it ran fine but I've not tried the full version. I'm afraid I can't offer to test for you now as I don't have my dev machine with me and wont for a long time so no 64 bit at the moment.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2011 18:11
Quote: "As in... They actually tested it and it didn't work? You did remember to recompile under the latest version so that it doesn't encounter the issue with Win7 SP1 right? I know you did on the demo version because first time I tested it it failed but then you updated it and it ran fine but I've not tried the full version."

Yes, it's the version that I did for the W7 SP1 bug. It's strange that they said it wouldn't run but I can't test so I don't know. I'll upload an installer for the full game ASAP.

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2011 03:55
Quote: "Well I've had this game idea for a couple of years now so I was trying to make that in AppGameKit Tier 2. The only snag is that the idea is cursed. This must be my fourth attempt to make it and every time I try, something goes horribly wrong."

You'll have to learn a spell that breaks the curse. I'm sorry to hear that it's not going to plan. I hope a solution presents itself soon.

Quote: "Also my poor little netbook dies a little each time I try and load Visual Studio."

I've been down that road, ended up installing a new OS. I've tried to keep it clean from large development packages but good old DBPro's on it.

Quote: "I'm still developing but it's mostly not TGC stuff atm so I've not been posting too much here. I was planning to have a go at the Arcade project but I got set back ages by this thorny bug I encountered whilst trying to update the Chrome Extension I develop and I'm still working through that."

You live a busy life of development Lucas, I salute you!

Quote: "Yes, it's the version that I did for the W7 SP1 bug. It's strange that they said it wouldn't run but I can't test so I don't know."

I always thought that if it runs on 32 bit it should run of 64 bit. Is that a correct assumption?

Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2011 05:11 Edited at: 30th Sep 2011 05:19
Quote: "I hope a solution presents itself soon."

Thanks

Quote: "I always thought that if it runs on 32 bit it should run of 64 bit. Is that a correct assumption?"

Interesting one that one. I'd like to hear people's opinions on that. Seems to me that at a hardware level, there should be no issue. After all, it was backwards compatibility that let the AMD 64 bit architecture win out over the Intel design right? However I guess that the 64 bit libraries provided by the OS and other things may still be different or incompatible. I know Rome: Total War can't handle 64 bit so there are obviously some issues around it.

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2011 05:21
Quote: "Seems to be that at a hardware level, there should be no issue."

What about at a firmware level?

Quote: "I know Rome: Total War can't handle 64 bit so there are obviously some issues around it."

Interesting. Can one tone down the 64 bit to 32 bit via control panel? I run 32 bit and can go down to 16 bit... not that I do.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2011 10:46
I believe that data is dealt with differently on 64 bit which means integer values are doubled for one thing. DBP is supposed to be able to handle that but it's possible some plugins don't I guess...

Jordi
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello guys,

Cañon Pirata 3D app is finally approved ( only I needed to change the rating +10 to +13 because the user can put his name in online ranking )

Thanks again to all

This time I'm very surprised, my last game Learn to Multiply don't appear in Intel AppUp Center but Cañon Pirata 3D App is now in the new releases list I don't understand.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2011 22:26
Quote: "This time I'm very surprised, my last game Learn to Multiply don't appear in Intel AppUp Center but Cañon Pirata 3D App is now in the new releases list I don't understand.
"

You only see what can be run on your computer. So if you are on Win 64 but your game is not for Win 64, you don't even see it. It is the same for Win XP etc.

Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2011 00:04 Edited at: 1st Oct 2011 00:06
How do you guys get your music made? If I had a keyboard I could make the music, but currently I have no idea how I am going to get my music made. I could do some graphics to swap for some music.

The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2011 00:58
Quote: "How do you guys get your music made?"

I make my music myself. Either that'd be house, trance, atmospheric, horror, metal, etc...
What kinda music do you need? Drop me a mail, and maybe I can help you out.

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2011 01:00
Quote: "How do you guys get your music made?"

Depends on the music. Baxslash posted an 8 bit sound generator here. But an email to The Slayer is always worth it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 18:41:00
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 18:41:00