Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / TGC App Developers Group

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Clonkex,

About is legal or not, I think that is legal if you are registered on Intel AppUp program and use the free Intel SDK and a legal version of Visual Studio 2008.
I don't know if is possible to use Express version.

My idea is to made a function called "upgrade_my_app( app_guid )", on the parameter "app_guid" is the APP_ID of the full version.

Thanks to try it

Jordi
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Lucas,

Of course, I tell you what I did.

Its very very simple, the only you need of Direct X 9.0c are this 2 files:

d3dx9_31.dll
D3DX9_43.dll

If you use any DLL of Ian's Matrix, you need this other 2 files:

msvcp71.dll
msvcr71.dll
And, of course, the Ian's matrix DLL you used.

And this is all. No need to use the DBPGDKMergeModule.msm.

My games haven't use extra plugins for DBpro. I only use some Ian's Matrix DLLs and DBpro base functions, if you have used other extra plugins, you need to add the required DLL for the used plugins, ok?

I published without the "DBPGDKMergeModule.msm", 3 of my games (HIGH JUMP 3D, Strange and Dangerous and Operation Annunaki Demo) and now I'm working to update the other games.

It a very important size reduction ( -60 Mb ).

basjak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2012 22:52 Edited at: 18th May 2012 05:16
my app has been refused on intel app-up and the reason is the code signing certificate.
I used the mini msi installer that is provided in previous page.

so, do I have to include the certificate within the installation files or comodo has not passed the code singning to intel.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2012 23:54
Basjak did you follow the code signing procedure on your msi?

basjak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2012 05:19 Edited at: 18th May 2012 05:16
I think I didn't, the only thing I did is applying for code signing, nothing else. I will carefully follow the procedure and try again.

do we need to apply other code signing for every other app?

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2012 09:19
You need to apply the certificate to every msi. The procedure can be found here:
http://adg.devink.co.uk/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=83:appup_dev_guide&Itemid=81

Scroll down near the bottom and read step 5.

Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2012 09:42
Quote: "Of course, I tell you what I did.

Its very very simple, the only you need of Direct X 9.0c are this 2 files:"

Thanks Jordi! I'll have a go and see if I can do this for RADAR.

basjak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2012 15:53 Edited at: 18th May 2012 05:15
@baxslash: thanks

Jordi
Years of Service
User Offline
@Lucas

I'm happy to help you and I hope you can reduce your .msi installer.

basjak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2012 22:21 Edited at: 18th May 2012 05:15
very easy to use app signing tool from intel not mentioned in this thread. of course you still need intel appup sdk and microsoft SDK.
however the tool will ask you to download microsoft SDK if it is not installed.

http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/article/app-signing-tool-download

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2012 18:40
Thanks basjak! I'll take a look

Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2012 16:52
Quote: "I'm happy to help you and I hope you can reduce your .msi installer."

Thanks Jordi! I've repackaged both versions of RADAR as you described and submitted them and I've just been told that the first of them (the free version) has been approved. As the size reduction was the only change to both, I think the other version should also be approved soon too. I'm very pleased with this solution as it has reduced the size of the msi from 76MB to just 17MB. Thanks again for your help with this!

Jordi
Years of Service
User Offline
@Lucas

Quote: " (the free version) has been approved"

Excelent new!!

Quote: " Thanks again for your help with this!"

You're welcome. I'm happy to help.

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2012 18:22 Edited at: 27th Apr 2012 18:23
Is there much going on with appup these days? I haven't looked in ages. I found the netbook was a little underpowered for all the apps I tried, using DB. Although they were pretty optimistic I suppose, a 3D Rome based RTS and a space trading game, which had both an FPS style run around the space station, and fly your ship in space gameplay. I think I got about 10 fps in the space game, and the Rome game began to slow down when the city was getting big and busy.

As I have pretty much not used DB since I got AppGameKit, has anyone used AppGameKit for it rather than DB? I imagine you could use appup for the PC distribution of the game.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2012 18:39
Quote: "Is there much going on with appup these days?"

They're gearing up for promoting the Ultrabooks at the moment so I think there'll be more activity over there pretty soon but it has gone a bit quiet.

Quote: "I found the netbook was a little underpowered for all the apps I tried, using DB."

Yes, it's hard to make a decent game for a netbook, especially when you look what the likes of the iPad and PlayBook can manage...

Quote: "has anyone used AppGameKit for it rather than DB?"

I'm not sure, I was going to give it a go at some point but have been busy with other projects. Anyone else tried AppGameKit on AppUp? I know they've relaxed the rules now so it's a lot easier to publish an app there now.

Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2012 15:05
Quote: "Anyone else tried AppGameKit on AppUp?"

Funny you should say that. I'm just in the process of trying to port my abacus app (the one I used to win the playbook) to some other platforms to see how easy it really is and AppUp has been my first port of call. So far, I've managed to get it up on the store for beta testing but I've got this annoying error. Having installed the app through the AppUp client, when you run it from the file manager or from the shortcut on the desktop, it works just fine. However if you try and actually launch it from the client itself, the app starts and then says:

Failed to open file for reading
C:\Users\Laurie\Documents\C_ProgramFiles(x86)_TezcatlipocaSoftware_abacus_abacusexe\abacus.byc at line 0

I assume this is some kind of permissions error. When run directly by the user, it can read the file, when run by another program, it can't. Not really sure how to fix this though... Also don't quite understand because I thought the .byc file was stored in the media file rather than in AGK's app file in Documents.

But the process of getting it to this stage has been a whole load easier than doing the same for the playbook or android (still not done android - keep wimping out).

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2012 15:48
This might be some kind of environment setting from the client. Maybe try adding a copy of the byc file to that folder using the installer?

Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2012 00:29
Hmm well I just had an experiment with your idea and have found that if all the files (not just the bytecode but all the media as well) are in the folder under Documents, then it runs from the client. I still think this sounds like a permissions error though because AppGameKit always checks both its root directory and the directory it creates when attempting to load files. It seems that it is not able to open the files in the root directory only when launched from the client but it is still able to open those under Documents.. I'll try and investigate further but if you have any other thoughts, please do say.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2012 01:08
It should be fine to read from a file in the root folder because this is permissible under AppUp validation (impossible not to really as that's where the media files are always stored). It's normally only a problem to write to files in the "Program Files" directory.

This sounds like AppGameKit is detecting the root directory of the AppUp client or something along those lines... I think this is a question worthy of the bug board.

Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2012 12:43
Quote: "This sounds like AppGameKit is detecting the root directory of the AppUp client or something along those lines... I think this is a question worthy of the bug board."

I've submitted a bug report now so we'll see what comes of that. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

Also am I just missing it because I've not been able to find a suggestions board for AppGameKit anywhere... Any idea where feature requests should be posted?

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2012 14:12
You can put enhancement requests on the bug board.

Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2012 20:22
Quote: "You can put enhancement requests on the bug board."

You mean on the same Google Code issues list as I reported the glitch on? Good to know, I think there are a couple of things I'd like to put there.

Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2012 19:51
Sorry for the double post. Just wanted to keep you posted on this AppGameKit AppUp issue. I posted the glitch report here. Lee got back to me saying it wasn't a glitch but I've been unable to solve the problem on the basis of what he said so I have added another comment. Not sure if anyone has any ideas what I might be doing wrong if it isn't an AppGameKit glitch? Hopefully Lee will respond again but I guess he is pretty busy with 1.7 and he has rejected the bug report so I don't know. Anyhow any thoughts you have would be greatly appreciated.

basjak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2012 23:00 Edited at: 18th May 2012 05:09
finally after 5 rejections MultiComps has landed on intel app store:

do you thinks I can put the link on program announcement as it is paid app.

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2012 01:22
Quote: "finally after 5 rejections MultiComps has landed on intel app store:"

Congratulations basjak!

Quote: "do you thinks I can put the link on program announcement as it is paid app. "

Sure, but they may also expect screenshots and maybe a demo.

Feel free to also create an article on the Baxspace website. If you have any problems with it send me an email.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2012 10:38
Well done!

basjak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2012 15:43 Edited at: 18th May 2012 05:13
@hodgey and baxslash: many thanks.I will have a look at baxspace website to put the app article there.

darkvee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2012 02:50 Edited at: 9th May 2012 02:53
Hi guys

Looks like more people are getting involved in making games! That's great to hear!

Hi baxslash are you working on any games? I'm kind of bored. I'm working on one but where having to do a lot of testing to see if it runs good on a netbook before we can even start really making it.

Do you have any games you would like to make baxslash. We started really good on one which was cool but stuff happened and we didn't finish it.

Care if we tried to make another game together?

darkvee
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2012 10:40
Hi darkvee!

I'd love to work on something but I'm kind of snowed under at the moment. I'm working on a number of projects in AppGameKit that are fairly urgent (and it's paid work thankfully). I really want to get more work done on the baxspace site but I haven't had a minute to spare, what with these other projects and the new baby!

I have a few ideas I'd like to work on and when I get time I will give you a shout. Do you have AppGameKit or are you thinking purely DBPro work?

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2012 11:08
We still need to complete ADG Arcade. I think that since AppGameKit now has a few more features we should dust off this project shortly. Maybe after the snake comp I'll be able to finish off Radar Invaders.

darkvee
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Baxslash,

Yes, I have Darkbasic Pro and AGK.
Give me a email or a buzz when you would like to start on something.

darkvee
darkvee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2012 23:50 Edited at: 13th May 2012 23:51
Hi Baxslash,

You think you could test this new demo out for me. I have optimized it good as I can get it. It might be Tuesday before we can find someone with a netbook.

here is the download
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6138533/DVSystemTechDemo.zip

darkvee
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2012 00:16
Downloading...

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2012 00:35
darkvee, I think the resolution has been set higher than 1024x600 in the demo you posted. It crashed on my netbook. Ran fine on the PC, pretty fast too

Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2012 17:09
Hi there. Just had a quick question about the comments system on Intel AppUp. Does anyone know if it's possible for people to remove comments after they've made them? The reason I ask is because I checked RADAR this morning and found that I still had 3 reviews (the same number I've had for ages) but that my star rating was way lower than before. After having a look, I've found that I seem to have got a new extremely bad review but also, one of my good reviews has gone... I just wondered if anyone had any idea why this might have happened? Could the person who have the good review have removed it?

Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2012 13:22
Hey there. Sorry for the double post. But I was just thinking; am I right that devs can't respond to comments on AppUp? Because this seems really annoying to me. Like I say, I have had negative comments before and I'm pretty certain I'm not the only one. I don't mind them being there per say but it would really help if I could try and answer peoples' concerns. So I was wondering, is there any way of trying to suggest to Intel that they should add this feature? I had a look on the AppUp forum and couldn't see a suggestions section.. Has it been suggested before somewhere so that I could support? If not, does anyone else agree that there should be a mechanism for this and if so, could we make a petition or something?

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 9th Jun 2012 13:38
@ Lucas Tiridath

Link to your website? [asking a big wheel to stop is like asking the ocean to stay in the sky... [it is doable but not guaranteed - at least not anytime soon]

So yeah make a website, add a blog or forum and job done

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2012 14:37
Quote: "If not, does anyone else agree that there should be a mechanism for this and if so, could we make a petition or something?"

One thing I've been contemplating on and off is to have consumer forums on the Baxspace website. Each developer could start a thread on their app (link posted in the review comments by the developer or wherever) and people could then come onto the forums to discuss the app. It would basically just be a place for developers to communicate with consumers.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2012 17:49
There is currently no way to respond as such. The problem is you might get (as I did) a negative comment that just says "wouldn't run" and you have no way of helping the person or of getting rid of feedback that may not be a fault in your game...

I'd be happy to forward these concerns but first can I suggest you contact your personal contact at AppUp and see if there is another way they can help.

Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2012 18:04 Edited at: 9th Jun 2012 18:06
Quote: "asking a big wheel to stop is like asking the ocean to stay in the sky"

True, although I think Intel is going to be looking seriously at its AppUp store again now that they're pushing it for both Ultrabooks and Tizen. So maybe a little developer discontent might achieve something.

Quote: "So yeah make a website, add a blog or forum and job done"

Quote: "One thing I've been contemplating on and off is to have consumer forums on the Baxspace website."

Both good solutions. I still think that it is important to be able to respond within the app store as that is where most people are going to look and post comments though. That said, that is no reason not to do either or both of these. One thing I like about these ideas is that, particularly with cross platform apps developed in AppGameKit, it would provide a centralised comment/response centre which the individual app stores would not.

Quote: "The problem is you might get (as I did) a negative comment that just says "wouldn't run" and you have no way of helping the person or of getting rid of feedback that may not be a fault in your game..."

Exactly. This is the kind of problem that I don't think the above solutions would entirely deal with. In fact there are all kinds of comments I want to respond to. For example one person complained that the download was too large so I used Jordi's technique to remove the merge module file which greatly decreased the download size. I want to be able to respond to the comment and say "Fixed!" but I can't.

Quote: "I suggest you contact your personal contact at AppUp and see if there is another way they can help."

I have a personal contact at AppUp? Hmm is that different to just emailing the support team on the contacts page? Also do you mean to ask if they can help me with the negative comments or to ask whether they can pass on my request for a response feature to the AppUp dev team?

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2012 19:22
Quote: "I have a personal contact at AppUp? Hmm is that different to just emailing the support team on the contacts page? Also do you mean to ask if they can help me with the negative comments or to ask whether they can pass on my request for a response feature to the AppUp dev team?"

I would start by posting it on the AppUp Dev forum, if that gets you nowhere then send me an email and I'll contact someone I know at AppUp. It might get us nowhere but it's worth a shot!

Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2012 19:50
Quote: "I would start by posting it on the AppUp Dev forum"

OK well I've done that now. You can see my post here. Let's hope someone gets back to me!

Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2012 17:42
Sorry for the double post (again..). Anyhow someone has supported the suggestion (a Black Belt developer no less). So if anyone else here with an AppUp account thinks it's something Intel ought to try and develop for the platform, do you think you could post your support on the thread linked to above? Thanks .

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2012 22:51
Done

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2012 03:02
Also done.

Bax, you're missing a knife in your head on the AppUp forums.

Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2012 09:39
Thanks guys . I don't know if we will get a response from Intel but I certainly think it's worth a try.

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2012 01:01
Some late but good news gentlemen. The 'responding to comments' idea has been submitted for future review. Just take another peek at Lucas's thread.

Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2012 10:14
Hi guys. I'm back now.

Quote: "The 'responding to comments' idea has been submitted for future review."

This is excellent news. Very glad to see Intel is responding to our request. Thanks for your support!

Oh and by the way, RADAR Free has just passed the 1k downloads mark . Yay!

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2012 10:25
Congrats lucas, sounds like it's getting quite popular

this.mess = abs(sin(times#))
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2012 10:33
Well done Lucas!

We just need to keep an eye on the thread for any improvements on the matter.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 07:05:25
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 07:05:25