Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / TGC App Developers Group

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2011 11:19
I use:

A.b.c.d

A = New functionality
b = Fix Pack - accumulation of fixes
c = Individual and/or batch of fixes not yet part of a Fix Pack, used for beta testing. Also used for a hotfix where it is not possible to wait for a Fix Pack
d = Internal developer release

Commercially, customers would only see A.b changes, plus A.b.c if they use the functionality that the hotfix corrects.

Jordi
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Hodgey,

I use a system similar to BatVink.

I think that the most important is you understand your own system and always use the same.

Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2011 16:40
My system is slightly different again. I use three numbers.

1 - Edition of the software. 0 means it's still in beta, 1 means it's release, 2 is a new edition of the game so would means I'd done a fairly complete rewrite. I've never felt moved to move this to 2 so far.
2 - Updates that the user will notice, excluding bug fixes
3 - Bug fixes and invisible engine changes

And I only increment numbers for public releases.

Quote: "I think that the most important is you understand your own system and always use the same."

I agree. What is logical is highly subjective.

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2011 12:28
Well I guess that there's no industry standard.

Quote: "Quote: "I think that the most important is you understand your own system and always use the same."
I agree. What is logical is highly subjective."

That is a very good piece of advice.

@ BatVink: That's an interesting system but might move a bit too quickly for my taste. But that's probably because my idea of "new functionality" is everything from something small such as adding another weapon to the mix or a new character to making a whole new game engine. Btw for some reason you strike me as being a good chess player...

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2011 15:26
ADG Request
Hi all, I have a quick request for ALL members of ADG.

If you have a game listed in the first post of this thread that is not currently on the ADG website as a game listing (whether it's written by you or someone else) can you please get it listed ASAP.

There are a number of upcoming events that may benefit you if you do although I'd rather not let you know until everything is confirmed... can't say more than that right now but it's to your own benefit to get these games listed ASAP!!

I will try to add a few myself if I get time but things are very busy for me at the moment and I cannot make any guarantees!

Thanks,
baxslash

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2011 17:17
Quote: "Btw for some reason you strike me as being a good chess player"

I can't work that one out, which maybe means I'm a bad chess player because I have been confused by my opponent I am addicted to anything that requires logical and lateral thinking though.

My "system" above is more geared towards bigger projects, as I'm used to in my day job. New Functionality would then refer to a whole new release. Your example of a new weapon would be akin to releasing Windows 8 when you have a new version of Media Player, whereas you only get a new release when everything has been overhauled.

Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2011 17:09
@baxslash
I've just being trying to use your code signing tool and it looks like it will be very useful. However I've encountered a slight issue which is that it doesn't handle file paths with space characters. Would it be possible for you to add quotes to your command line argument so that it does? I guess changing the command line instruction to something like this would do it:

I tried to make the change myself but unfortunately, I'm not able to have MatrixUtils 16 installed because it clashes with a plugin I have so I can't compile the rest of your code. Thanks!

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2011 17:13 Edited at: 10th Nov 2011 17:20
I've encountered this problem myself, hold on I'll post a new exe in a few moments...

EDIT: attached!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2011 22:02
Thanks for the quick response baxslash. However I'm afraid I'm still having the same problem. It looks for a separate file each time there is a space in the address to the msi. Thus, I get an error like:

Any thoughts? Sure you attached the new version?

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2011 22:20
Quote: "Any thoughts? Sure you attached the new version?"

Yup, I'm sure...

Maybe try putting all the files straight on the C:/

I ended up using the commandline method last time because of this problem.

I need to take another look really. I'll try tomorrow if I get the chance.

Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2011 05:34
Thanks. I've had a play around with the code and I came up with this that seems to avoid the error. Couldn't figure out your message command though so I replaced them with prints...

Basically all I did was add quote characters around the command line arguments. However I now get another error, this time from the code signing utility and I've got a sneaking suspicion of what is causing it... Do you have to do the code signing on the machine you applied for the certificate on? If so, that would be the problem.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2011 08:07
Quote: "Basically all I did was add quote characters around the command line arguments. However I now get another error, this time from the code signing utility and I've got a sneaking suspicion of what is causing it... Do you have to do the code signing on the machine you applied for the certificate on? If so, that would be the problem."

Not sure... Maybe?

Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2011 16:52
Just checked and it looks like you do have to do the signing on the same machine you registered on. Oh well. Good thing it's not urgent because that wont be possible for a while!

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2011 05:28
Quote: "Quote: "Btw for some reason you strike me as being a good chess player"

I can't work that one out, which maybe means I'm a bad chess player because I have been confused by my opponent. I am addicted to anything that requires logical and lateral thinking though."

I see logic as being a crucial part of chess so maybe you aren't/wouldn't be bad at chess at all.

Quote: "My "system" above is more geared towards bigger projects, as I'm used to in my day job. New Functionality would then refer to a whole new release. Your example of a new weapon would be akin to releasing Windows 8 when you have a new version of Media Player, whereas you only get a new release when everything has been overhauled."

I understand now. It actually seems similar to Apple's system. Thank you everyone for your input.

Jordi
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello guys,

FAR 3D APP DEMO is now published

This is the link on Intel AppUp Center(sm):
http://www.appup.com/applications/applications-FAR+3D+APP+DEMO

I updated the game profile in ADG website and I added too a link to a video on youtube.

In the microwebsite of the game you can see videos, screens and more. http://www.nurendsoft.es/game/FAR3D/

Thanks again to all

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2011 11:29
Well done Jordi!

Quote: "I updated the game profile in ADG website and I added too a link to a video on youtube."

I've just made a few quick edits and I've moved it into the games category.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2011 11:31
Wow, well done Jordi! Sorry I never had the time to test it now

I'll add the link...

Jordi
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I've just made a few quick edits and I've moved it into the games category"

Thanks Hodgey

Quote: "Sorry I never had the time to test it now"

Don't worry baxslash. You are very busy, I know. When you have some time to play it, I'll be happy to read your impressions

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2011 14:57
I've added seven new games to the ADG site and I'm working my way down the list

One of the latest games added is "Hold The Ball" by halley, our latest member bringing the grand total to 30 published games by the ADG! Welcome halley!

Jordi
Years of Service
User Offline
Fantastic Awesome APPs !

Congratulations !

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2011 18:04
In response to an idea from another thread I have started an area on the ADG forum where we can post text from our games to be translated into other languages by other ADG members. This will only work if enough people are willing to translate every now and then but I thought it was worth starting up!

Post your game text in a new post HERE

If we all try to help then we will all benefit from this 'service'.

Cheers!

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2011 12:21
The party has started, make your way down to Geek Culture!

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2011 15:18
The main thread on TGC forums for the party mentioned above:
ADG Anniversary Party Thread!

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2011 15:55
Just posted a card trick game I made on the Anniversary thread. It took me about 2 hours to make so don't judge too harshly but it's a fun little thing...

darkvee
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi guys,

How's it going? Well intel finally changed my text for the Colors! game. So if you don't care change the text for me on ADG thanks

You know 150 rooms of a mansion sounds easy but just trying to draw accurate room size and making all the rooms fit in a mansion design is harder than it looks. Would anyone one be willing to help me draw this 150 room floor plan? Maybe I could pay you back by helping you program something or maybe you could join this huge project with me and we could work out a profit for each sell of the zombie horror game.

darkvee
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2011 09:56
I'll help darkvee, just sent you a message. I used to be an Architectural Technician...

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2011 15:55
I've added a Wallpaper Competition page to the ADG website: WALLPAPER COMPETITION

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2011 10:32
Newsletter #001 has now been sent!

I hope you all like it

It can also be viewed online here: Newsletter #001

I'm not very happy with the way the newsletter plugin displays the newsletter on the site though so I'll be making a nicer looking page for that soon...

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2011 22:54
Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2011 07:38
Quote: "Newsletter #001 has now been sent!"

Great work! Didn't realise (or I just forgot) that you had this in the works. So what kind of things are you looking to fill it with in future? Are you planning on having any regular columns or anything? And will it be monthly or just whenever there is something interesting to report? Anyhow thanks for going to the effort of getting this going! I'm sure it will help build the community further.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2011 08:09
Quote: "Great work! Didn't realise (or I just forgot) that you had this in the works. So what kind of things are you looking to fill it with in future? Are you planning on having any regular columns or anything? And will it be monthly or just whenever there is something interesting to report? Anyhow thanks for going to the effort of getting this going! I'm sure it will help build the community further."

The plan is to have it regular and there will be a few regular features but it's pretty open right now so any ideas or input is appreciated

If anyone wants a regular feature or to get involved let me know!

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2011 14:49
I've just created a new set of pages on the ADG site for the newsletters that I think is a bit more user friendly, also it's now open for none registered users!

ADG Newsletters!

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2011 15:24
TheSlayer has posted some new free spritesheets entitled "Flames" which can now be downloaded from the resources area on the ADG website HERE

The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: (Hide and) Seek and Destroy on my guitar!
Posted: 1st Dec 2011 23:26
Thanks, bax!

Stay tuned, guys. More will follow. I'm working on other free stuff (sounds, songs, 3D models (probably rigged character models)) to use in your games. All I ask is credits in your game(s).

Cheers

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2011 11:45
TheSlayer has been busy yet again, this time he's giving us some free explosion spritesheets and a great waterfall spritesheet!

Check them out and download them for free HERE

Thanks TheSlayer!!

The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2011 14:49
Free Trance/House song I made is available HERE!
Name of the song is 'Alien Encounter', and has a spacial twist. Note: the song is in .mp3 format, but you are free to convert it to other formats if needed.

Hope you'll like it. Enjoy!

Cheers

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2011 16:03
I just added three of my own songs to the list too, enjoy!

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2011 09:52
This is just a quick notice to say that from now on I won't be adding new games to the list in the first post or new members. We now have a great website that provides all the information we have in the first post (please tell me if I missed anything) so I figure there's no point having the same information in three different places (especially as I have to manually update two of them )

I'm not getting lazy, far from it. I have been adding more and more information to the website which is now becoming something really useful and something to be proud of.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions regarding this.

Thanks!

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2011 10:16
The ADG is now also on Facebook!

Teh Stone
Years of Service
User Offline
Adg logo on Facebook looks sooooo much better, than your sig pictures, if this is the slayers work than well done more great art work if it wasn't him please don't take offence (a)
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2011 20:41
Quote: "Adg logo on Facebook looks sooooo much better, than your sig pictures, if this is the slayers work than well done more great art work if it wasn't him please don't take offence"

That was me trying to copy the facebook style logo actually. I'm sure The Slayer could do at least as good a job

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2011 14:22
I can't keep up! Let me know when you plan to take over Downing Street and make ADG membership law.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2011 15:53
Next Thursday... don't you check your email?

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2011 11:52
I'd like to make a small announcement regarding the ADG newsletter. From next month's issue it will have a new Editor since I'm taking too much on at the moment. I'll still be helping produce content and easing our new Editor into the job but Adam Hodgson (Hodgey) has agreed to take on the role. His input and enthusiasm for the group has been a real help to us all that most of you may not be aware of.

I'm sure he'll make a great job of it thanks Hodgey!

The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2011 18:36
Just want to remind everyone that there are still two competitions going on at the moment with great prizes HERE and HERE.
You can find the official ADG site HERE to upload your entries and win one of those wonderful prizes.
Remember, signing up for an ADG account is totally free.

Prizes are given by TGC, Matty H, Rich Dersheimer, baxslash, JRNTexas and me. Thanks for that, guys!

Anyways, good luck to all who competes. You have still a couple of weeks to make something and win one of those great prizes.

Cheers

ManOfActionTM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2011 21:43
Hey Guys, it's been a while since I introduced myself, but I am now ready to get my game on AppUp. I'm using AppGameKit, Tier 2. I tried the wizard that intel provides, but I'm not really sure where to put their code.

Currently, it won't even compile with their code included, so that's how lost I am.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2011 21:50
What kind of errors are you getting when you compile?

ManOfActionTM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2011 08:50
Well, this is just the beginning, it's a bunch of linker errors, actually:

I've got about 100 other linker errors following that one. I'm assuming I put the appup code in the wrong spot, but I haven't really seen an instruction guide anywhere, so I just kind of guessed. If a guide exists, pointing me the way would be greatly appreciated!
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2011 09:44
Could be you are defining those links in the header file rather than in each cpp file that it's required in?

Also I notice you can check for whether you already have a link defined using "#ifndef".

I'm no expert in C++ so these are guesses...

Have you taken a look at the guides for C++ development on the AppUp site?

These might help:
http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/article/intel-appup-software-development-kit-api-reference-cpp
http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/blog/2010/05/21/how-integrate-intel-appdeveloper-sdk-visual-studio-2008-express-edition

ManOfActionTM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2011 10:04
I have not, and this is exactly hat I was looking for (I think)

Thanks a bunch!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 14:15:29
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 14:15:29