Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / V120 Public Beta 18 (RC)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2012 11:00
@That Guy John
Nah, that would be cool, but I meant as in to use a different setup file, because FPSC seems to reset any extra values other than the ones that are default, the only thing I can see to fix this is for Lee to make a change to the source code of FPSC's IDE.

@TIMON
Hm, it seems that could be to do with the culling, try editing the script for the decal and put this:

As for low-res editor textures, I have no idea.

-TZK

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2012 11:22
Attached is revision 678
This build is not officially supported, and is unofficial.
It is for testing purposes and bug reports ONLY.

Changes:

Attached

-TZK

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Teabone
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2012 07:21 Edited at: 28th Jun 2012 23:13
Is it at all possible to fix the issue of getting stuck on entities?

When you jump on a tall entity the player gets stuck. Its so very very annoying. For example most entities of buildings or houses that have some small ledges. If you jump towards them and land on top of part of it you get stuck on it and cannot get off because the player is being forced to move in a direction that's blocked within the entity.

I also notice if you jump on some rocks or hills the player will slide... slide right off of it or slide right into a corner and get stuck.

TIMON
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2012 14:57
where I shoud add SETSYNCRATE=x command?
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2012 18:58
I may be wrong but isn't the SETSYNCRATE=x a road to disaster?

I hope I am wrong but it sounds like a feature that will need to be set correctly for every system that is going to run your game for optimal results.

Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2012 01:37
Quote: "I may be wrong but isn't the SETSYNCRATE=x a road to disaster?"

Am I right that you're referring to the screen-tearing at higher framerates that people are now experiencing with the uncapped framerate?

The issue of screen-tearing(where frames are being displayed too fast for the screen) is really only for super-fast frame rendering, not slower rendering. FPSs above a screen's refresh rate(60+) can suffer from screen-tearing while FPSs below the refresh rate(30-60ish) usually don't or if they do it's less noticeable.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2012 02:47
With one of the newer releases that will go into the next beta you will see this command. It also will have the ability to turn on or off the syncrate. Since I'm using the most recent release the default is that it is turned on; but, the syncrate is set at 140 I believe. That's what I'm getting as a max on a simple map. Otherwise I was getting at times about 500-600 fps.

This info may change by the time it comes out in beta.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code . . . reminds me….. if I had one more brain cell, I could have a synapse! woo hoo, Sparky!

~I'm the Terry of the Flatlands.
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2012 08:33
Ok, thanks for the info. I am going to try this out in the next beta.

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2012 04:01 Edited at: 30th Jun 2012 05:58
I did some testing and it's all guns that don't have impact decals anywhere but in one spot. It's as if the the possibility of any gun going a bit to the side or so is gone. Every weapon hits dead on with every shot. Is this something that has been this way for a while?

EDIT:Whatever the problem was fixed itself. How i do not know.

Disturbing13
Dev Forum Store
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
@Disturbing 13 I've seen the bug correct itself after switching to altfire mode, firing and then switching back. It's possible there are other activities which will cause the bug to fix itself. Hopefully SC has already fixed the bug internally.
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2012 08:54
That's exactly what i figured out and was going to write but I'm glad you did and are aware of it. I was beginning to think it was just my comp.

Disturbing13
Dev Forum Store
Susysyay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2012 19:26
Since 1.20 B2 I've noticed that any allied characters (with the allied DAI scripts) have HUGE blood pools (see attached screeny.) Can anyone explain why and/or how to fix it? The pools for enemy characters is normal. It's only big on allied characters.

-Winner of the X10 Revival Competition, Susysyay
"I'm havin' too good a time today, I ain't even thinkin' bout tomorrow."

Attachments

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2012 20:13
Scene Commander, thanks for the "plrforcemove" I have found a use for it. I'm sure there are other uses for this other than the one I used it for but I'm not sure exactly what those would be, yet.

I didn't even know it existed when I wanted to do something like that at the beginning of the game and was going to do an RPG Mod command for it. It was then I saw the command in the code.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code . . . reminds me….. if I had one more brain cell, I could have a synapse! woo hoo, Sparky!

~I'm the Terry of the Flatlands.
The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2012 04:01
@Susysyay
I confirm this, this bug really annoys me.

-TZK

D0MINIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2012 00:15 Edited at: 4th Jul 2012 00:19
Here is a bug that I just found on v.1.19. Since it's not on the list of 1.20, I suppose it's right to post it here?

Description

When I fire a bullet at an enemy character and hit him far on the left or far on the right (but hitting him!) then the bullet will go through the character and show an impact decal on the wall behind the character. From now on, the character will be firing at exactly this position, no matter what the script says. Whenever the character fires, the impact will be seen at the last position the player fired at, provided it's a spot behind the character.

When I fire at a spot in front of the character, then the character will start behaving as expected again, firing at the player and hitting him.

expected: The bullet does not go through the character. The character keeps firing at the player, no matter where the player shoots.

Repro [always]

- Fire at an NPC, far left or far right on the body (hitting him!)
- The bullet goes through the character (doing damage) and showing an impact on the wall behind the character
--> The character will now fire at this position until the player hits a spot in front of the character
Crimson Night
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys, just upgraded to 1.20 beta 2 and it's now asking me to buy the build game upgrade from the store even though I own a legit copy - how do I fix this? Cheers

www.crimsonnight.com
maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2012 17:35 Edited at: 5th Jul 2012 17:37
@crimnson night: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=154050&b=28

fpsc resets to the free-version with EACH update, also resets your build.ini/setup.ini and the mygame-setups for your game. just4info.

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2012 01:57
Quote: "fpsc resets to the free-version with EACH update, also resets your build.ini/setup.ini and the mygame-setups for your game. just4info."

Just wanted to point out it stopped doing this for me after around V116. I can't speak for everybody but yeah.

I still haven't touched the V1.20 Beta as I'm currently on hold with FPSC but from what I read. I am really happy performance is starting to become a lot better. Keep that up !

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650, Nvidia Gefocre GTX 560 OC 1024MB, 8192MB RAM, Nforce 780i, Windows 7 Home Premium x64
Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2012 17:32
Since there hasn't been much activity in the source code repository, the last commit was June 26, this update is looking like a copycat of the DBPro U77 Release Candidate.

Scene Commander, are you still working on this?

Mini0013xx
Years of Service
User Offline
I would love to see some better physics in this engine. I am working on a large campaign, but a big problem with it is that my enemies keep jumping through the walls, or glitching up the game because they are trying to move up/down the stairs, and they cannot because the entity allies/enemies don't follow the physics properly, and end up bringing the FPS to 0 trying to calculate everything.

It's a large bug that has been over looked, but I would love to see that fixed over any other.
Meows
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2012 10:15
Ditto on the walls. It seems no matter what you use. WW2, Scifi, or a user pack the mobs will run through the walls or push you through a wall, through the roof or in a Duct through the floor.

Life is a short trip to another world
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Scene Commander, are you still working on this?"

For various reasons I've not been able to commit much time to FPSC recently, but I have been working on some fixes behind the scenes, I just haven't posted to google code, so don't panic, I'll not let this die.
Levi barros
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2012 11:11
Great!

imageflock.com/img/1314854574.bmp[/img]
Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2012 18:15
That's great news SC! Just wanted to make sure this wasn't left in limbo.

Ertlov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2012 23:11
Is it possible that the particle system is totally non-functional in this version?

Come to where the madness is:http://www.homegrowngames.at
MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2012 04:02
with the shader problems in the viral outbreak pack, and several characters freezing up. I went back to version 1.18. These problems don't exist there. I know there's a fix for some of these problems, but, if someone buys a model pack they shouldn't have to change scripts to get it to work properly. My opinion is, that you should figure out why these problems came about since version 1.18 and fix them. Lee or who ever is working on these updates. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all the work that goes into the updates. It is just something I don't think we should have to deal with. All official model packs should work with every update. Just saying.

mk83 Productions
Meows
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2012 18:06
Well I do not know if this is the 120 version or the RPG mod issue

However, gameover.fpi seems to not be working well.

specific is ,hudx=50,hudy=25 The button is always at ,hudx=50,hudy=50
also the window is at the left side of the screen.

Can anyone verify this?
I built a test section and kept changeing the position of the button but it will not change nor will the image center.

Life is a short trip to another world
bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2012 21:09 Edited at: 24th Jul 2012 21:12
@Meows Which gameover.fpi file are you editing?

Is it the one in; languagebank/english/gamebank/mygame
or the one in; languagebank/english/gamebank/(your build game folder)?

When testing a level, FPSC uses the file in the mygame folder, but when building a level it uses the one in your build game folder. So whatever you change in one folder, you need to change in the other as well.

On the other hand, you probably already know all this, and that's not the problem at all! If it isn't, then I can't help you, sorry. Someone else will be able to help you I'm sure...

[edit]I've just realised, after re-reading you question, you're using RPG mod, so I'm not at all sure about what folders are used, so my answer is probably totally wrong anyway lol[/edit]

Comby
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Here is a bug that I just found on v.1.19. Since it's not on the list of 1.20, I suppose it's right to post it here?

Description

When I fire a bullet at an enemy character and hit him far on the left or far on the right (but hitting him!) then the bullet will go through the character and show an impact decal on the wall behind the character. From now on, the character will be firing at exactly this position, no matter what the script says. Whenever the character fires, the impact will be seen at the last position the player fired at, provided it's a spot behind the character.

When I fire at a spot in front of the character, then the character will start behaving as expected again, firing at the player and hitting him.

expected: The bullet does not go through the character. The character keeps firing at the player, no matter where the player shoots.

Repro [always]

- Fire at an NPC, far left or far right on the body (hitting him!)
- The bullet goes through the character (doing damage) and showing an impact on the wall behind the character
--> The character will now fire at this position until the player hits a spot in front of the character "

+1 to confirm, i found the same bug... it's quite annoying
Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2012 20:44
BUG: Enemies can no longer walk up stairs following a waypoint. Open up GS-12WaypointsMultilayer to see.

Official LightStorm Engine BETA Tester
/?m=forum_view&t=190541&b=21
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
@Comby & D0MINIK

I'll investigate this.

@Marc Steene.

I'm sorry, I can't replicate that, everything is working at my end. It's possible I fixed something I noticed was wrong between V20.2 and my working version, but I've nothing in my work log. As far as I can tell all is working now.

@All

I am still working on this, but for various real life reasons, it's taking longer than my previous updates. V20.3 is currently in alpha testing and is working purely on stability/performance. I've a list of other minor bugs reported and will investigate those once we've got a satifactory stable engine.
Comby
Years of Service
User Offline
another little bug of v1.18 (i don't know if v1.19 fixed it, i still use v1.18):

if you put a story zone on the player start marker, all dynamic objects will fall through the floor...
Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2012 22:55 Edited at: 27th Jul 2012 23:36
BUG: Using giveplrweapon=X gives the player the gun with an empty clip forcing him to reload instead of a full clip of ammo (amount dictated by reloadquantity in fpe).

EDIT: Fixed myself - this bug only occurs if the gun is not present in the level

horrors 2012
Years of Service
User Offline
need a free zombie model pack any suggestions
kingofmk98
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2012 10:06
Quote: "need a free zombie model pack any suggestions"

If you are talking about the offical model packs than no you have to buy them, But if your not will still probably need to pay for the hard work some one put into it

A lot of my FPSC media can be found here. Hope you guys stop in. http://fpscfree.webs.com/
Ertlov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2012 15:50
Can some one please tell me if particles should be working with this update or not?

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
@Ertlov,

I did see your previous post and must admit, I didn't get around to investigating until today.

The particles appear to be working for me. However, if you want, please feel free to post/email me a FPM if you have an issue, explaining any concerns and I'll look into it.

SC
Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2012 12:21 Edited at: 2nd Aug 2012 12:30
TZK, or anyone else who can, would it be possible to compile the latest version of the source? Really need that setvarrnd command to work. Thanks .

EDIT: On a different note, is it possible to disable footsteps for a particular character?

Dark Frager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2012 20:07
Some things that bug me (No pun intended)

Everytime I open up FPSC since like 2 hours ago, it freezes on "checking files for you" ran memdump and cleaner, no avail. V1.10 B2.

Also, particles don't seem to work for me. Setting the main script to "decalparticle.fpi" (I believe that is it) just makes the sprite a still image.

Cheers!

Putting the fun back into Fungus since 1984.
Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2012 13:35
BUG: Using setvar=distance $DIS does not work

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "BUG: Using setvar=distance $DIS does not work"

Confirmed, thanks for the report Marc.
MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2012 08:08
I noticed that in the preferences the box to check shaders on and off is gone. Is this right? or is it just mine? screen shot attached.

mk83 Productions

Attachments

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2012 11:14
@MK83
This only seems to happen when using FPSCreator Free, I noticed this problem too when I reported a piracy hack for FPSC to Lee.

-TZK

MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2012 17:13 Edited at: 4th Aug 2012 17:31
Mine isn't pirated, I have the box and cd. And mine doesn' say free version anywhere. Pic of my fpsc cd and box with serial covered up. any other help please.

TZK, you got me thinking, I looked in my user details and for whatever reason my name and serial number was missing. I put them back in and all is fine now. Thanks for the idea.

mk83 Productions

Attachments

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2012 07:35
@Marc Steene
I've already compiled the latest one, you can download it here

@MK83
No problem.

-TZK

deZilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Just in time. Hope I'll not waste my work. Thanx
Ertlov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2012 17:23 Edited at: 6th Aug 2012 17:24
Here two screens showign my particle problem.

Settings:

Effect (none):

Any idea anyone?

Ertlov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2012 12:29
Hi guys, nevermind.

I resolved the problem with copying the decals stuff in entity, gamebank and scripts from an 1.19 backup to the current codebase and running the cleaner.

Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2012 13:09
Is this still in development? There's been no updates for about 2 months :/

Slenderman's Shadow - Sanatorium
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=199408&b=35
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2012 16:32
Quote: "Is this still in development? There's been no updates for about 2 months :/"

Really Marc?

Quote: "I am still working on this, but for various real life reasons, it's taking longer than my previous updates. V20.3 is currently in alpha testing and is working purely on stability/performance. I've a list of other minor bugs reported and will investigate those once we've got a satifactory stable engine. "

In case you need the reference.

Twitter: @NFoxMedia

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 21:28:41
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 21:28:41