Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / V120 Public Beta 18 (RC)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2012 10:42 Edited at: 19th Sep 2012 10:43
@SC: one thing i forgot (and maybe you too) - look for that ugly green/pink color-shapes on lightmapping, best to see in a grey/white room using white light in low ambient (0-5) (fog negates that bug). i think someone has reported before.

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
The bad compression artifacting on lightmapping only ever appears on the official beta builds. On the unofficial alpha builds I never see it. Strange stuff.

SC, did you get my last email about the HUD lighting bug?

Also, was the illumination for video textures fixed?
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "The bad compression artifacting on lightmapping only ever appears on the official beta builds. On the unofficial alpha builds I never see it. Strange stuff."

Yes, that is strange as I've not been able to replicate it, so it must be something happening with the official build.

Quote: "SC, did you get my last email about the HUD lighting bug?"

Sorry, no, could you resend please.

Quote: "Also, was the illumination for video textures fixed?"

I believe so, I'd need to check, try it with the last alpha build I sent you. I think the video texturing needs some tweaks anyway, so I'll look today.

SC
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
E-mail has been re-sent.

I just checked the vid texture .fpm (deleted the light marker) and when you spawn it can bee seen in the distance looping through the video and self-illuminating as expected but after walking a ways forward (about 100 units maybe), the illumination shuts down.
The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2012 15:00
@Scene Commander
Just thought I'd point something out in the source:
The condition "waterison" doesn't have a colon at the end of its case, it reads:

when it should read:

-TZK

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
@TZK

Well done, you spotted my delibrate mistake!
Mini0013xx
Years of Service
User Offline
Did the latest compiled version of FPSC (Located in this thread) fix the issue where character entities can't move up and down stairs, or slopes, slants, etc.

If so, that'll be enough to get me to download it.
The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2012 10:10
@Scene Commander
Quote: "@TZK

Well done, you spotted my delibrate mistake!"

Deliberate? Sure :p

-TZK

Comby
Years of Service
User Offline
I think that every patch should be immediately followed by a quick hotfix to address major bugs...

Just an opinion

Also, why isn't V1.19 available through FPSC auto-updater?
Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2012 06:12
Quote: "I think that every patch should be immediately followed by a quick hotfix to address major bugs..."

And if the hotfix doesn't work or has bugs on it's own? Hotfixes rarely work properly and only patch over the problem instead of fixing the underlying issues.

Mini0013xx
Years of Service
User Offline
I noticed in FPSC version 1.19 with the autoslug that all of your firing iterations shoot at the same exact spot (Making a super concentrated bullet hole) until you aim down your sights, then it adjusts to the proper bullet spread.

I'll post a link when I have time.
The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2012 10:54
@Mini0013xx
I can confirm this bug.

-TZK

BedsideReaper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2012 11:02
@Mini0013x and Zombie Killer

I actually have the same bug with the Mossberg. Also, I can't put one more shell in the chamber of the Mossberg, I just keep reloading. I'm not sure if this is a bug or not.

"I think I'm getting the 'Black Lung,' pop."

"Derrick, you've been down there for one day."
The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2012 04:29
@BesideReaper
Yeah, it seems to happen to all shotgun weapons.
Probably just a problem with the gunspec.

-TZK

BedsideReaper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2012 04:55
@ZombieKiller

Does it happen in Model Packs? I don't have any of the gun packs. :-( But as well as the shotgun problems, I seem to have a problem with the Thompson sights and with the audio for the Uzi. This might just be with me, but the sights for the thompson are off center and the Uzi's audio doesn't play correctly.

"I think I'm getting the 'Black Lung,' pop."

"Derrick, you've been down there for one day."
The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2012 08:04
@BesideReaper
I don't own any gun packs either, but if it is an FPSC bug, then it will probably occur in some model packs, but if it's a gunspec problem, I don't think it would.

As for the thompson sights, I think mine are off too, this is a gunspec problem, it should be easy to fix, but the uzi problem is most likely due to lag, unless the sounds in your gunspec are messed up (so many gunspec problems lol) or the sound itself is screwed.

-TZK

The Nerevar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2012 20:51
Same problem with every gun, rather it's a pistol or machine gun, they all would shoot with perfect accuracy.

Fulfilling the Nerevarine Prophecy, one trial at a time, because I... Am... The Nerevar!
The Nerevar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2012 03:56
...And spawning fixes would be nice, when I set a character to spawn(so far it's the zombie apocalypse and Freaks and Abominations) they are visible even when unactivated.

Fulfilling the Nerevarine Prophecy, one trial at a time, because I... Am... The Nerevar!
Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2012 19:29 Edited at: 24th Sep 2012 19:30
i do not know if it is a bug, but all flak weapons do always the same damage, whatever how far i am! A grenate which explodes 100 units away do not the same damage as a grenate which explodes in my hand

Public void likeFpsc{ System.out.println("I like FPSC!" ) ;}
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=196656&b=24
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "...And spawning fixes would be nice, when I set a character to spawn(so far it's the zombie apocalypse and Freaks and Abominations) they are visible even when unactivated."

Sorry, I can't replicate this. Could you please post your system specs and state which version of FPSC you're running.

Quote: "Yeah, it seems to happen to all shotgun weapons."

I can confirm this bug, and it's next on my list of things to fix.
The Nerevar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2012 22:59 Edited at: 24th Sep 2012 23:54
@SC:
My specs are:
16Gb RAM
Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2Gb OC
AMD FX 3.61 GHz quad-core processor
Windows 7 home premium (x64)
1TB WD green SATA 7200rpm HDD
120GB SATA 3 SSD
AMD Crosshair V Formula MB

...And I think that's all of the important stuff.
oh yeah, I'm running v1.20 Beta 3

TriSpefear Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2012 23:49
Quote: "My specs are:
16Gb RAM
120GB SATA 3 SSD
"

jesus.....

"Everyone may doubt me, but your just giving me more of a reason to continue on..."
The Nerevar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2012 23:53
@TriSpefear Studios: Thank you! It was roughly a $1400 build, as well as my first!

It runs like a dream! Loads all of the latest games(so far) on the highest settings within seconds! I'm very proud of this thing.

maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2012 16:28
3.61 GHz

THIS is sick.^^ watch out when building fpsc-games because only a few persons have THAT single-core-capacity, games that run great on your system would crash on lower. 3,6ghz.... holladiewaldfee!

A dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2012 22:00
Quote: "My specs are:
16Gb RAM
120GB SATA 3 SSD
"

This thread has turned into a thread about computers.
The Nerevar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2012 23:09
Don't worry, I'll be careful when making games, nothing like a range of 80-130 frames!

Anyway, this was supposed to be help for a tiggerzone problem:
Quote: "...And spawning fixes would be nice, when I set a character to spawn(so far it's the zombie apocalypse and Freaks and Abominations) they are visible even when unactivated."

Then Scene Commander asked me for my specs...

Armageddon Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2012 15:52
No problems ive seen so far, decided to try this out from 1.19 great work so far guys, keep up the hard work!

http://uimg.ngfiles.com/banners/3880/3880701.jpg
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Then Scene Commander asked me for my specs..."

And also confirmation of the version you are using as I really can't replicate this. Maybe you could supply me with the FPM you're using, just in case you're doing something I'm not.

Does anyone else have an issue with these packs?

Quote: " great work so far guys, keep up the hard work!"

Thanks, it's appreciated.

SC
The Nerevar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2012 22:56
@SC
Quote: "oh yeah, I'm running v1.20 Beta 3"

It was in a couple posts above.

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
@The Nerevar.

I'm sorry, but the spawning is working for me. (checked with the model packs you mentioned). Unless you can supply an FPM confirming the issue, or other users can confirm a problem and supply more information, there's not a lot I can do.

SC.
maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2012 11:42 Edited at: 27th Sep 2012 11:44
@nerevar & scene commander:
had this when i updated from 1.18 to 1.19 beta7.
strange things sometimes happen on maps build with an older version and now opened with a newer one, especially nonstatic movable entities. try replacing the characters again with the new version´, or maybe you want to change appearscripts, adding "cullmode=1,cullrange=700" or "cullmode=0" to state 0 or into setuplevel.fpi directly. somewhere there it starts working again for me when i remember right.

Meows
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2012 13:05
Can this be addressed please? ver 120.03
Here is the story. the mob spec's are messed up again.
You select to have 1 mob spawn 3 times with a delay and it will not spawn more than once.
In fact nothing would spawn more than once.

example here I have 4 mobs to spawn. and they only show one time.
Also if you select the bazooka guys they actually kill eachother.

Here with the delay set at 100 it is 5 minutes
and nothing is spawning.

Life is a short trip to another world
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
@Meows,

This works for me, providing I set Spawn when Dead to Yes, without this the character will never respawn.

Can I remind all user to please post an FPM if they report a bug, as this saves me a lot of time and ensures that I'm looking that the exact same thing as you.

SC
Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Is there any chance that we get a Beta 4 sometimes? Because Thank you for this many fixes but we can not see if they are solved!

Corno

Public void likeFpsc{ System.out.println("I like FPSC!" ) ;}
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=196656&b=24
maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2012 17:13 Edited at: 27th Sep 2012 18:37
@meows: you set maximum spawn to 4, number to spawn=4 and max any time=4, means there is a max of 1 wave with 4 chars at once. when you want it to spawn 4 times 4 people, you have to set maximum spawn=16. when you want it to spawn 1 character of 4 every X seconds, you have to set number to spawn =1.

the spawndelay-numbers are some sort of tricky (it maybe changed by SC while i tried around with it last time, my enemies are dying normally ). up to a specified number (75 i think, but i maybe wrong) its seconds, above it changes back to milliseconds. maybe 100 is still milliseconds, try around with it.

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "it maybe changed by SC while i tried around with it last time, my enemies are dying normally"

I've made no changes so it should be the same...
DaKsTarr
Years of Service
User Offline
PPL I really need help....Im new to FPS CREATOR and I have the latest version..but still lots of model packs dont work....when I press TEST GAME butoon i starts loading and stops on
"creating entity instances" and it stops....then I get an error and FPSC closes.... PLSS HELP ME!!! (Model Packs not working:MP 52,
ZombieApocalypse 2 and MP 53)

New User
The Nerevar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2012 23:05
Do you have the latest Direct X, and what are your current system specs?

Meows
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2012 04:22
Quote: "PPL I really need help....Im new to FPS CREATOR and I have the latest version..but still lots of model packs dont work....when I press TEST GAME butoon i starts loading and stops on
"creating entity instances" and it stops....then I get an error and FPSC closes.... PLSS HELP ME!!! (Model Packs not working:MP 52,
ZombieApocalypse 2 and MP 53) "

Are you using windows 7?
If so go to the FPSC directory and right click
CountPolygons.exe
FPSC-Game.exe
FPSC-MapEditor.exe
go to properties and click compatability and click run this program as administrator.

OR no matter what version of windows you are using go get
Ultimate Launcher made by Playlet https://sites.google.com/site/playletcodes/ultimatelauncher
◦this application is used to gather up all of your favorite applications, documents, multimedia files, folders, etc. to one place for quick access.

For windows7 users it has a special feature. You can run all the Darkbasic and FPSC programs without having to turn UAC off and there are no stupid UAC screens at all.

Quote: "Scene Commander

@Meows,
This works for me, providing I set Spawn when Dead to Yes, without this the character will never respawn."

Many thanks. Yes it is confusing but Now I get it. Thanks

Quote: "maho76

@meows: you set maximum spawn to 4, number to spawn=4 and max any time=4, means there is a max of 1 wave with 4 chars at once. when you want it to spawn 4 times 4 people, you have to set maximum spawn=16. when you want it to spawn 1 character of 4 every X seconds, you have to set number to spawn =1.

the spawndelay-numbers are some sort of tricky (it maybe changed by SC while i tried around with it last time, my enemies are dying normally ). up to a specified number (75 i think, but i maybe wrong) its seconds, above it changes back to milliseconds. maybe 100 is still milliseconds, try around with it."

I never even thought about that. setting the spawn X. I am testing it now.
Many thanks

Life is a short trip to another world
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
I have something that caught my eye today. When you go to a door to use it and save the game, reload the game, and go back to that door, it will not open when you press enter.

I feel like it could be an issue since FPSC V1 but any chance it could be fixed? I hate having to reload the whole game to open a door.

PC Specs: AMD X4 2.7Ghz, 8GB DDR3 RAM, Nvidia 9800GT, Win. 7 Pro 64 Bit
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2012 00:17 Edited at: 1st Oct 2012 03:16
Quote: "I feel like it could be an issue since FPSC V1 but any chance it could be fixed?"

@ Scene Commander,

It's not a v1 issue and it works currently in v1.17 that we use. I can open the door, save it, step through the door, and proceed in the level. I load my save game and appear back at the door (closed position), "open door" hud appears, I press enter and the door opens quite fine. Tested in v1.17, v1.18, v1.19, and v1.20 with no issues on multiple levels constructed for each version using various doors, different save points. The only thing I noticed was if you open the door, step in between the door frame, save, and reload that save, you may get stuck in the frame and have to hold crouch to move out. Otherwise, everything appeared as normal to us. We did not have this issue, and I did not see any drastic changes in the source to indicate otherwise. It may be an issue with a script.

Additional- I have performed some more extensive tests on the saving/loading/door issue using quick save (F6 key), quick load (F9 key), and an autosave script. I was receiving an error when I attempted to save over an existing save slot or even a quick save (both F6 or my autosave script). I can tell you that the reason we got our errors was because of the setuplevel.fpi, particularly where we used the command "quicksave". Prior, I had "quicksave,pausegame" in the line, so I changed it to "pausegame,quicksave" in my script and it now works with no errors at all.

In other words, the save/load/quicksave/quickload all work as they should. Crashes during one of these functions is caused by either a script in the game running, or an improperly configured "setuplevel.fpi". Sometimes a command being called needs to be before another being called, and ends up being trial and error.

Twitter: @NFoxMedia
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2012 05:31 Edited at: 1st Oct 2012 05:37
I'm attaching video proof. I did it using New Game but the same thing happens when you load a save game, without restarting the game .exe.

I did not modify the levelsetup beyond what you can do inside the FPSC program. Everything is set to stock besides the ambiance and skybox. The script being used is the stock dooruse script. It doesn't work with my custom script either. I'm using the stock to prove my point.

By the way, the only way to make the door work again is to completely restart the .exe. Save the game and then continue playing does not cause it to stop working. Loading that save after already have been playing, creates the problem. Once again, the only solution for me is to restart the .exe. However, this is very inconvenient if you want to distribute the game to a wide audience.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
@ASTEK,

As it stands, I've tested using default media and default scripts and I'm getting the same results as Blackfox, in that it's all working for me.

Please can you supply an FPM showing the problem. I can see your video, but without a supplied FPM I can only assume my setup is the same as yours.

This applies to all bug reports everyone. I cannot fully investigate any issues without an FPM.

Thanks,

SC
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, after assuming this must be an isolated problem, I reinstalled beta 3. The door scripts work now after saving the game and reloading.

michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2012 22:05
I decided to test this out for the first time and I cant believe I get 90 frames. I wonder what it will be like on my stronger computer?

more than what meets the eye

Welcome to SciFi Summer
Burger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2012 00:52
I can get 140fps on a blank level. Most levels average 90fps.

"I'm inspired by my own wise quotes, thank you." - Burger, 6/7/12
The Nerevar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2012 03:39
^^Same here.

michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2012 04:40
yeah I dont know what happen but im getting a 140 frames to. im thinking about installing this on my monster computer. for the first time im happy to move on from 118.thinking you so much Scene Commander for the time you put into this. I fell like im using fpscx10 with all this performance.lol

Welcome to SciFi Summer
Burger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2012 04:55
This version of fpsc is by far the best I have ever seen. There is such a comparative difference. 40-60fps before, 140-90fps now. Incredible.

Can't wait for beta 4 if it will be released.

"I'm inspired by my own wise quotes, thank you." - Burger, 6/7/12
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2012 05:43 Edited at: 5th Oct 2012 05:50
yes it is. it not matter how much i got on the level the frame rates just wont drop. a level 239597 rus with 90 frames no matter what.lol

oh yeah almost forgot the memory compresses very well with the dbo files this is awesome.

Welcome to SciFi Summer

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 13:03:01
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 13:03:01