Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Black Ice Mod Official Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2017 17:36 Edited at: 8th May 2017 18:09
@Nomad Soul I see in games like Call of Duty there is a time between bullet shots and bullet hits (where the crosshair is aimed). Is it possible for you guys to do this? Also once I stated about the recoilz in the gunspec, can you do this? Also, can you remove the annoying footstep feature where one sound is omitted for no reason when the player is walking?
uzi idiot
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2017 18:22 Edited at: 16th May 2017 20:08
I'm finally releasing the PBR Stock Asset pack, along with the updated shaders.

RELEASE AT LAST
Featuring PBR stock assets and updated shaders featuring faux-reflections fro static entities and segments
DOWNLOAD
http://www.mediafire.com/file/f6omrku422bdyjh/PBR_Stock_Assets_V1.0.zip
DOWNLOAD

NEW BETA SHADERS
There are new shaders for characters and dynamic entities.
The new feature is the ability to use the I texture as a 2D reflection probe with no cubemap required, you could even just use a screenshot. However you will still need to filter the texture (you can use the filters in the DDS exporter
However these DO NOT CURRENTLY WORK FOR CHARACTERS as the mipmapping prevents the reflections from blurring. Because of this I have not included any content for them.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/oy5svmqp551l0m7/Physically_Based_Shading_Shaders_V4.zip
If something compiles on the first try. Something is terribly wrong.
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2017 03:55
@Nomad Soul & s4real - I see that in FPSC the player collision sphere is too big (like 3-4 feet in radius). Do you know of anyway to reduce the size of the sphere? Because, I have seen that the physics bugs where the player gets stuck in walls is due to the large collision sphere. Can it be replaced with something like the unity sphere?
morphosis comics
Years of Service
User Offline
I was using an old mod and this code was very important to my game. Basically it writes a file...

;Artificial Intelligence Script

;Header

desc = Plr Save In Zone

;Triggers

:state=0,plrwithinzone=1:quicksavegame,quitgame,STORELEVEL=kill2.mor,destroy,state=1
;state=1,plrwithinzone=0:state=0

Can this mod do something like that?

Thanks!
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2017 20:12
@Mriganka - We are not intending to implement bullet physics so this will likely stay as raycasting approach. Not sure about the recoilz request or value it would add for the effort required. You can remove player footstep sounds by simply deleting the audio files for them or I'm guessing it should be possible to do this in the segment .fps file like material type of something. It should be possible to reduce the player collision sphere which we can look into.

@uzi idiot - Great work on the shaders, will be sure to include these in the future. I had a look at the source but didn't see anything obvious in there about characters / mipmapping so far.

@morphosis comics - We added some save game specific fixes, items and scripts in the latest version of Black Ice Mod.
Kafoolwho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2017 19:42
I would just like to reiterate what a great job you guys are doing with Black Ice. The latest release is absolutely excellent!
Michael11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2017 09:40 Edited at: 1st Jul 2017 09:43
Hello!

I have a problem with ceiling-segments and ambient: My ceiling is black... How to fix it? Help please

seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2017 20:16
@ nomad and s4real

I'm trying to get some of the DB pro guys to build a launcher for fpsc (black ice mod) that will allow people to compile separate level exe. then combine them into a game. So it's easier to make community games and put them together. Chris Tate and Wickedx (2 heavy hitters in DBP) and( ncmako, a great scripter in fpsc) are interested.

Wicked x posed this question for black ice mod.

Quote: " Without a way to flag DBPro whether the player exited or won the level, I don't think it can be done. Some mods allow you to save info to a file. If you are using one of these mods then we have something to work with.
"

Can BI mod save info to a file?

here is a link to our discussion.
https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/219886?page=1#msg2605119

Thanks for reading this

joe
gamer, lover, filmmaker
Bens0nPG5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2017 11:16
YAY, this mod makes my game slightly better!!!
Im a human
Tomik18
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2017 17:37
how can i delete message on the top left corner ?
My PC specs: Intel Core i5 2430M 2,40Ghz
4 GB RAM
GT 540M
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2017 23:03
Hit end key to close. click home to reopen. F1 for help
gamer, lover, filmmaker
Tomik18
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2017 02:27
i mean in build game how remove the message
My PC specs: AMD FX 4300 3,80Ghz
8 GB RAM
GIGABYTE R9 280 Ultra Durable VGA 3GB
Madcow02
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2017 14:13
If I remember correctly, the mod's version number and the computer's spec does not appear in a compiled game.
xlghostlx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2017 15:44 Edited at: 2nd Aug 2017 16:00
Hey guys, Still GREAT WORK!!! im here again! i want to make a little game to sell for Charity and just to spend my wasted time

i've few Question:

Can i've a list of new Setup.ini Comand?
how i can make a better DoF and Blur and how to use them both?
how to use Anti Alias and HDR???

I've found a bug with the controller: If u use the r3 key (melee action) fast it will shoot as the left mouse but the ammo never decrease (unlimited Ammo cheat YEAHH)
How i can change sensitivity of xbox controller?

Why when i import new entitity they work bad with shader (even with the _S _I _N etc shader maps, i get weird effect)

Sorry for my bad english
xlghostlx
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "@Madcow02:" If I remember correctly, the mod's version number and the computer's spec does not appear in a compiled game.""
No they will not appear in Compiled Game OBV
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2017 18:28 Edited at: 7th Aug 2017 19:19
I don't know if they are still developing this mod, but I have a request. In FPSC two things seem to happen -

1. The land sound when jumping is played only when the player lands onto a surface that is at a distance greater than jump height. It would be awesome if the land sound playes everytime the player lands after a jump or drop from a height.

2. Sometimes footsteps are randomly omitted from playing when the player is moving. Can you make it so that the the footsteps sounds don't get omitted?

3. Is it possible to check the damage type for players, like whether the player is damaged due to fall damage or bullet damage or flaks?

4. Are forces on ragdolls possible (like explosion throws away bodies and such)?

I have found all the fixes in Community Mod but it has been a long time.
xlghostlx
Years of Service
User Offline
Mod is still in development
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2017 19:34
I don't think so.
Madcow02
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2017 04:31
I do have a suggestion for Nomad too, I've noticed that when using Pixel Shaders 3.0 (the original ones, not the ones from Uzi Idiot), the engine always render the ceilings with a low level of ambient lighting applied on them, making them almost black most of the time. Is there a way to make them using the same lighting amount than the floor ?
xlghostlx
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, change the segment shader and generate the missing texture
uzi idiot
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2017 12:30
It's probably the skylighting value in the floor shader

//hemisphere lighting simulation
float HemisphereLight = 1 ;
float4 sky = lerp(0.5, 1, Nb.g);

Increasing the 0.5 will make the underside brighter
xlghostlx
Years of Service
User Offline
is possible to add more alternative fire on a single gunspec? or is too hard feature to add in BI Mod?
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
HI all,
Its been a long time since I have replyed to this thread but I think it was about time to make a post on whats been going on.

First Ive got a new computer and got to get all my stuff back on to this computer from my backups so this will take a bit of time.

real life has taken over from this mod at the moment for myself so sorry for the lack of replys on the forum from myself.

A lot have put up that the mod might be dead and at the moment it is but will try and work on it later in the year if we have time.

We understand that a few have put up about new features but we don't plan on working on any new features at this time but have made notes about the features people would like to see.

It all about time at the moment when to work on the mod and we both have little time at this time so sorry for the lack of replys and hope everyone understands that real life has taken over at the moment.

We both hope you still enjoy the mod

best s4real

Amd fx4100,6gb ram,geforce 450
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 10th Aug 2017 21:26
We absolutely enjoy and appreciate the mod. Take care of life. FPSC may slow down, but it will never die.
Characters. You build them a world and what do they do? They moonwalk, get stuck in the walls and fall through the floors!
Michael11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2017 22:27 Edited at: 10th Aug 2017 22:35
s4real, Thank you for your great work and your support BiM mod users for a long time!
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2017 15:02
Hey s4real,

Hope life is going well for you.

I had a question in my mind, when using the action setvar=$CAZ X the Z-axis of the player camera should change. But instead, it changes along the Z-axis of the world and not the player. SO the attached script works properly only when facing the z-direction (or North) in the map. If I face East or West, the camera movement totally changes. When you decide to get back on the mod, can you add an action which changes the player camera along the various axes with respect to the player and not with respect to the map. An image has been attached if you find it difficult to understand what I've said in the post.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
uzi idiot
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2017 10:56
Hey there s4real I hope you're doing alright.
I've updated my PBR stock content and shaders.

Also I was wondering, what bone is the moveable light attached to? Or is it just at the origin of the model?
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2017 17:27
@uzi idiot I think the movable lights are attached to the centre of a dynamic entity. Light seem to move with 'boneless' dynamic entities.
Madcow02
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2017 09:42
Quote: "It's probably the skylighting value in the floor shader

//hemisphere lighting simulation
float HemisphereLight = 1 ;
float4 sky = lerp(0.5, 1, Nb.g);

Increasing the 0.5 will make the underside brighter"

Uzi, thank you but sadly your workaround doesn't seems to work.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2017 03:14 Edited at: 20th Aug 2017 03:15
You guys have done a great job keeping FPSC afloat. Actually, even though GG has a lot of eye candy, this mod allows a person to actually create and then build a game much easier and more successful than GG. In fact, I have gotten tired of the same ole same ole Lee is going through with GG that he did with FPSC. It just never gets done because he is focused on eye candy. I don't know what the answer is but I have a short time left as the dementia is getting worse and so is my physical health. So, I am going to use this mod because it is where it should have been under Lee's development. A few months back I looked at using the last build (the one Black Ice uses) with my RPG Mod. However, I was just not satisfied with 1.20b.17a. BI brought is where it's at right now.

S4Real and NoMad, I will be sending you either an email or PM in the next couple of days.

BTW, hi Xplosys, Madcow and Uzi Idiot. The Uzi was one of the weapons I used in 'Nam. Xplosys, I have gotten most all your software up and running again ("Search and Rescue", "OverLaze", "TextEase", and "Alfresco"). Do you remember Ozark Games? I think that was your WWII pack. I still have it ready to use. Oh, and the other Terry, I still have Signs V that I can use. Terry was the one who created the About image for my FPE EditPad. Of course I will still use that. So, I guess, you can say that I'm officially back.

Addendum: Lee made my avatar name without those spaces and is finally now "Flatlander."
When in doubt -- C4
-Jamie Hyneman
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2017 05:30
@Flatlander Hope you are doing well!
Kuryle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2017 12:31
Hi

I have a problem with PBR . All entities using this shader appear invisible Segmenst are ok. Also I loaded shaders in to DarkShader with the same result (still I will try to find out what causes problem).

I wonder if this is issue with graphic card and the pixel shader model version ? (My graphic card supports v 5.0.), or with alpha channel ? Direct x version ? (I know that x9c supports 3.0 and FPSC is using x9)

I using windows 7, fresh and ready to work with 3d programs and FPSC. My graphic card is Radeon 6670 HD.

I attached the screenshot from example map "physicalshaders" .

Thanks for help

Attachments

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2017 16:09 Edited at: 20th Aug 2017 16:33
@ Mriganka, Thanks for the kind wishes. With all things considered, I am doing as well as can be expected.

@ Kuryle, I notice that you do not have the "ReShade" info showing in the upper left hand corner. Maybe you cropped it out? Attached are from the same example map "physicalshaders" .

Addendum#1: I see that you used the internal "snapshot" for FPSC. Is this why there are no "test game" markings on the image?

Addendum#2: Here are my computer specs
[Display]
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit (Service Pack 1)
DirectX version: 11.0
GPU processor: GeForce GTX 650 Ti
Driver version: 384.94
Direct3D API version: 11
Direct3D feature level: 11_0
CUDA Cores: 768
Core clock: 928 MHz
Memory data rate: 5400 MHz
Memory interface: 128-bit
Memory bandwidth: 86.40 GB/s
Total available graphics memory: 4096 MB
Dedicated video memory: 1024 MB GDDR5
System video memory: 0 MB
Shared system memory: 3072 MB
Video BIOS version: 80.06.3C.00.15
IRQ: Not used
Bus: PCI Express x16 Gen2
When in doubt -- C4 hee-hee-hee
-Jamie Hyneman

Attachments

Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2017 16:50
How did you change the location of the weapon HUD icon?
Kuryle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2017 19:15
@Flatlander

Here are my specs

Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1045T Processor

Memory: 16,0 GB RAM

Adapter: AMD Radeon HD 6670
Driver: 15.200.1062.1004
Engine Clock: 800 MHz
Memory Clock: 1000 MHz
Memory Bandwidth: 64 GB/s
Memory Interface: 128 bit
Single Precision Compute Power: 768 GFLOPs
Bus Interface: PCI Express 2.1 x16
OpenGL 4.1 Support: Yes
Total available graphics memory: 4864 MB
Dedicated video memory: 1024 MB GDDR5
System video memory: 0 MB
Shared system memory: 3840 MB
DirectX version: 11.0

I have turned off HUD, because I use my own one which appear on a mod info

ReShade is also running

Attachments

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2017 19:55
Mriganka wrote: "How did you change the location of the weapon HUD icon?"

Actually, I didn't change the location. I am using the latest version -- 10.5 I believe. This is after a complete fresh install of the three recommended by S4Real/NoMad

@ Kuryle: Specs are good. I might not be understanding all of what you are saying. First of all I don't know what PBR is? So, I guess I probably can't help without knowing everything there is to know about the mod. Sorry
When in doubt -- C4 hee-hee-hee
-Jamie Hyneman
uzi idiot
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2017 21:12
Hey Flatlander I haven't seen you in ages, I hope you're doing well.
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2017 23:18
Hi Everyone

Sorry I've not been active on the forum / thread recently. I got Pneumonia in May and spent around 3 weeks in hospital.

There was a significant amount of fluid and blood in one of my lungs which had to be drained. I'm still recovering now with antibiotics and going to the gym to strengthen my lungs.

Hopefully work can resume on the mod later this year when we have time but I'm taking a break for now. Thanks for all the continued support and comments.
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2017 00:09
Wow buddy, get some rest. hope you feel better.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 29th Aug 2017 00:40
Yeah, take a break and get better.
Characters. You build them a world and what do they do? They moonwalk, get stuck in the walls and fall through the floors!
uzi idiot
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2017 12:21
Oh man I'm sorry to hear. I hope you get well.
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2017 12:42
Take care buddy!
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2017 02:01 Edited at: 5th Sep 2017 21:34
First, I want to wish Nomad well and Nomad, be careful so as not to over-exert yourself.

uzi idiot wrote: "Hey Flatlander I haven't seen you in ages, I hope you're doing well."

Yup. It certainly has been ages and it even seems it was in another life. I'm doing OK for now except for the fact that I have lapses in memory and will do something stupid like uninstalling (not intentional) FPSC classic which I just did earlier today. This led to something horrifying. When I made sure everything was out of the root directory and re-insalled from scratch, I discovered that my level is not building like it was before. I have lost over half of my static lights and it seems all of the shaders or at least most of them. My lightmapping is horrible. Have I forgotten to set something in the setup.ini?

Addendum:

I have it all sorted.
THEORY - you know everything but nothing works. PRACTICE - when everything works but don't know why.
For me, theory and practice are combined: nothing works and I don't know why.
Madcow02
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2017 04:09
Oh, get better, Nomad !
Internet Thug.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2017 21:23 Edited at: 5th Sep 2017 21:32
I would like to ask Nomad and S4Real if I could have the source code so that I can incorporate some of my RPG_Mod code into BIM. I have already sent them two emails sometime ago and just now PMs. I can understand that they are busy and Nomad has been taken down hard with Pneumonia. However, what would it take just to answer me even if it is no. If it would be no then I would of course be disappointed since I have a lot of good useful features to offer that have already been written and would just need to plug them in. Of course there may be some new changes or plugin additions when compiling DBPro.

I had implemented such things as an inventory system and features dealing with clues, quests, rank and objectives. There also is a feature to easily display "immediate objectives" like they have in some AAA games. I know a lot of this can be set up using huds and rawtext, however, I have allowed for a lot of extra attributes for both huds and text. What I really miss right now is the capability I had using text. The following is a code snippet for my "talkbox". I had four different types of talkboxes. As you might notice, this can automatically wrap text and it can be of any size both in width and in height. You can see what it looked like in game.

And if S4Real and Nomad would approve the add ins I would love to make this available to the community.

`============================================
`Displays a box and text wrapped to the box.
`The height of the box depends on how many
`lines the text is broken down to.
`(X,Y) Top-left corner of box position
`"S" text to display
`"Width" width of the box
`"tColor" is text color
`"bColor" is box color
`============================================

THEORY - you know everything but nothing works. PRACTICE - when everything works but don't know why.
For me, theory and practice are combined: nothing works and I don't know why.

Attachments

Possum
Years of Service
User Offline
Man, I didn't realize FPSC had gone free or I'd have been here sooner. I've got Black Ice installed, but I kinda have a quick question:

I've been trying to apply the enhanced blood effect to all of the characters I would like to use, but it really only seems to work with the characters that came with the mod. Is this intentional, or am I doing something wrong?
morphosis comics
Years of Service
User Offline
With this mod can you write a file? It doesn't have to be anything special in the file just so there is a file written so another program can check to see if that file exist. Almost like writing a quicksavegame but specify the name like leveloneclear.txt

Thanks
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2017 23:58
Yes you can. Post this question on the fpsc scripts board and ncmako will tell you what you need to know.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
morphosis comics
Years of Service
User Offline
I tried to run this on a good laptop running oldskoll XP sp2 and it crashes. No biggie, but is there a fix? FPSC 1.20 ran with no issues.
Rector
Years of Service
User Offline
Can I ask how I export a build so that it has the shader included?
Every time I try I just get the bog standard version?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 19:51:58
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 19:51:58