Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Black Ice Mod Official Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2017 23:15
@ Rector What version of fpsc are you using firstly ? Have you installed BlackIce mod ?
Have you install DX9c ? Also have you included the needed .dll files in your build ???
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
uzi idiot
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2017 14:04
Do shaders not get the colour values for ambient lighting?
I swear it only ever works for shaderless stuff.
If something compiles on the first try. Something is terribly wrong.
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2017 02:16
@uzi idiot - Your right, the AmbiColor part of the shader only seems to pull the ambient lighting strength from FPSC not the RGB values. The SurfColor which pulls information from FPSC lights works ok.

They also don't support fog though we included a hack fog effect in the post shaders / demos.
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2017 04:08
Hey., any news on updates for this mod? Or is it just it?
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2017 16:07
@Mriganka - Its difficult to say at the moment. This is a spare time project and we've not had much lately so will need to see what happens next year.

Thanks to you and others for helping support on here as that really helps and for all the contributions which have made the mod possible.
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2017 05:06
Hope you can make some time for the mod in the future! And thanks for all the hard work you guys have done.
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2017 18:30
Btw can s4real release the source code for the mod?
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2017 02:32
S4real owns the source code for Black Ice. However even if he agreed to make it open source there would be all the support required to help people get it working / compiling etc.

Its a shame TGC were unable to put a bit more time into the source release on github. I still haven't got the editor project to work in VS and no support for that either.
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2018 06:52
You guys have carried this quite far from the last few years I was here, Looks solid- so solid in fact I am going to attempt to recreate my work from my old version 1.17 into this one. Nice work both of you.
There\'s no problem that can\'t be solved without applying a little scripting.
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2018 15:55
Quote: "S4real owns the source code for Black Ice. However even if he agreed to make it open source there would be all the support required to help people get it working / compiling etc.

Its a shame TGC were unable to put a bit more time into the source release on github. I still haven't got the editor project to work in VS and no support for that either."

It is a shame. I know Lee is just one man and he just wanted to dump the old products. Still, a shame.

@black fox
Nice to see old heads popping by. How is bluefox?
gamer, lover, filmmaker
uzi idiot
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2018 00:42 Edited at: 16th Jan 2018 01:16
I've been playing around with the water shader again, adding the UE4 fresnel and physical values for reflection and fraction.
I've now added the relief mapping from the stock DarkShader shaders. I have no idea why I never tried this before, it looks great!
I've also tried using the normalmap as a flow map to make tiling less obvious.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2018 13:15
Aye! It looks great!
uzi idiot
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2018 21:42 Edited at: 16th Jan 2018 21:43
Here's how it looks in motion

seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2018 23:36
WOW! That looks amazing. Great work on that.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2018 13:19
That looks sweet! But what's with the red reflections? (don't remove them, they look cool)
uzi idiot
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2018 15:26 Edited at: 17th Jan 2018 16:35
The reflections aren't red, the water is.
Water does not change the colour of its reflection, which was a major error in the stock shader.
I just made it red to show off the reflections better.

This is it with more realistic colours

uzi idiot
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2018 21:02 Edited at: 17th Jan 2018 21:02
I was thinking about adding foam to the water.
Unfortunately there's no way to make it match the environment but it might look okay.

morphosis comics
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2018 21:27 Edited at: 17th Jan 2018 21:44
Quick questions:
1. ANSWERED

2. When hitting a trigger zone What is the script to write a "somename.txt" file? It does not need to contain data. Is this possible.

Thanks
morphosis comics
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2018 22:06 Edited at: 18th Jan 2018 17:13
***** FIXED - Fresh Install Fixed this issue.********

Any fix?

Only happens when I test a game. I've used the cleaner too.

Windows 7
Intel(R) Core(TM)i7-2600 CPU @3.40GHz 3.40 GHz
RAM 8.00 GB
64 bit OS
Intel HD Graphics Family

Thanks
Grandpamike
Years of Service
User Offline
Can anybody please help an 80year old getting to grips with modern technology. I have FPSC and Black Ice mod all correctly installed and operational but continually get a message saying the eealightmapper is not working - if I click on this it tells me the lightmapper can only be run by eetamod. Can somebody please tell me what all of this is about and particularly what I must do to fix it?
Regards to all, Grandpamike
Old guy in a modern world
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2018 11:21 Edited at: 20th Jan 2018 16:13
@BlackFox - Thanks for the kind words and glad to see you are still around. Not seen you for a while
@seppgirty - Yeah I might take another look at the github stuff and see if I can get it working. Ideally it needs to compile with at least V117 to be worthwhile. The editor is a whole different story though.
@uzi idiot - Your water shader looks incredible. I think I prefer without the foam but really impressive either way. Looking forward to it
@morphosis comics - I'm not aware of any command that creates txt files from triggerzones. Glad you got the mod working ok.
@Grandpamike - There were 2 solutions posted for this earlier on. Please try them below.

Quote: "I had the exact same error/problem with the "lightmapper" window. I finally fixed
it by making sure all my main .exe's (fpsc, editor, game, and lightmapper.exe) were
all set to "windows 7 compatibility" I think two of mine were set to something else?"

Quote: "For the problem with the lightmapper window i found a solution: in properties of "LightMapper.exe" set the check "Disable desktop composition", done."

Edit - Also please set the FPSC executables to run as administrator (FPSC-Game, FPSC Map-Editor, Lightmapper)
GDBman
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2018 23:33
Hi my name is Gregory and I have a problem with FPSC Classic. I'm running windows 10 and I used FPSC at least 5 years ago. So I downloaded FPSC and the update, then downloaded Black Ice Mod. When I try to run FPSC It starts OK, as its checking files I get an error 7003. I attached file snap3880.png. What am I doing wrong .....

Please help Black Ice support never got back with me.
GregB -=grandpa=-

Attachments

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2018 19:26
@GDBman - Hi Gregory. This error relates to a missing mesh which is a standard part of FPSC (not a mesh introdued by Black Ice). My experience with Win10 is that you need to run applications as administrator to install properly. Please can you try uninstalling FPSC, delete any folder which may be left for this in program files then re-install ensuring you run as admin. You can try just adding the file I've attached in the correct directory (FPS Creator\Files\editors\gfx) but if its not installed properly it will just fail on the next mesh.

Attachments

uzi idiot
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2018 23:51 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2018 00:00
I've masked the foam to the blue channel of the normal map so that it has some detail rather than just being an ugly grey splodge.
It's thresholded by the heightmap so that it only shows up when the waves are strong enough.

Time for a release!

Parallax Mapped Water

[Download]http://www.mediafire.com/file/794l4pb5as8arb3/Parallax%20and%20Foam%20Water%20Shader.zip[Download]
Includes a 2 sets of uncompressed normal maps with 1024, 512 and 256 versions. Uses 512 choppy version by default.
Compression kills the quality of the water but uncompressed takes up more memory. High, medium and low res versions are if you need extra performance.
Red and Green channels are normal map.
Blue channel is a foam mask.
Alpha channel is the height map.

Controls

float DetailScale0=0.25; //flow normal scale
float DetailScale1=1.0; //normal scale
float DetailScale2=3.0; //normal scale
float FlowBump=0.0125; //extra flow/warp normal power 0.025
float Bump=0.25; //normal power 0.25
float DetailBump=0.25; //normal power 0.25
float depth=0.05; //relief mapping .05
float FoamAmount=1.0; //foam strength 1
float FoamThreshold=0.25; //foam threshold 0.25
float FoamPower=1; //foam power 1
float WaterBump=0.33; //index of refraction -1
float2 WaterScale={1200,1200};
float4 WaterSpeed={-0.01f,0.01f,0.03,-0.02f};
float F0=0.000f; //fresnel FO
float Roughness=0.00f; //UE4 reflection roughness, for limiting reflection intensity
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2018 17:20
Sick release uzi. The best water we have seen in FPSC and I love it. Great to see you active and still pulling rabbits out of hats.
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2018 23:41
Just plain beautiful. Great job. Thanks.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
Grandpamike
Years of Service
User Offline
@Nomad soul - many thanks for your help but I'm afraid it didn't work-still tells me only eetamod can run the lightmapper.exe. If I knew where to find eetamod that would be fine, but cannot trace anything even vaguely like that.
Never mid - your assistance is still highly appreciated. I'll just do without the lightmapping.
Regards, Grandpamike
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2018 01:33
@Grandpamike - Sorry I've been offline for a while. If you are still having issues just remove the lightmapper.exe from your FPSC install directory and Black Ice will use the old lightmapper.

The black ice lightmapper was provided by another modder so we don't have the source for this. It seems to work ok for most people and not others but you have a workaround.
Grandpamike
Years of Service
User Offline
@Nomad Soul. Many thanks - all fixed up now.
Grandpa Mike
whosyourdaddy
Years of Service
User Offline
FPSC Map Editor doesn't after testing ANY level and I need to reboot FPSC after every playtest. Everything else works great. What should I do?
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2018 21:34
@whosyourdaddy - I just read you managed to resolve this issue with a reinstall. Its surprising how many issues that seems to fix!
syh
Years of Service
User Offline
I just install my X9 successfully,after that,I update my X9 toV1.20,and I uninstall my X10 before install X9.The X9 run successfully,but after I install the Black Ice Mod,I opened FPSC,and it says I build too much levels.
Computer:Windows 7
64 bit OS
enough space for files
Any fix?

Attachments

syh
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh,and my FPS Creator Cleaner can't work,Why?
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2018 21:27 Edited at: 21st Mar 2018 21:29
Syh Two thing first, have you installed DX9c yet ? If not do that. Also make sure every .exe in the main directory
is set to win7 compatibility. Right click each .exe and under properties\compatibility set each to Windows 7 comp. and
"Run This Program As Admin" Try that and see if it helps ???

Edit: almost forgot, here is a link to a much faster & better cleaner than the stock one...
https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/196309
syh
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you,@ncmako.
Yesterday I checked my computer,and I find my 160 DX10 files was lost,finally I fixed it.So the mod can run now!
And the mod is also great!
syh
Years of Service
User Offline
By the way,@s4real,Could you just give me a .Doc file about how to use the dual wield system in the editor and the game(the 3 pictures about this is not so clear to see)?
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2018 19:37
@syh

Enabling dual wield is quite easy. The main thing you need to do is add the command 'candual=1' in the gunspec file of any weapon you want to enable.
You will need to do this for any weapons that you want to wield together. Then use Left Ctrl and mouse wheel to cycle through them.
There is more information on ammo and animations in the docs files but thats pretty much all you need.
There is also a dual wield demo included in Black Ice Mod so you can check how things are setup there.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2018 19:46 Edited at: 15th Apr 2018 20:04
@ S4Real or Nomad Soul Isn't the command for global hud's to fit the screen "hudglobalx,hudglobaly" ?
This is what I have in my setuplevel.fpi and the eye-hud fader will not strech to fit
What may I be doing wrong?

Using BI V10.5
Attached is a pic of what I am getting for the "eye-hud" I don't think I had this before. Just did a build and noticed this
I have a feeling I'm missing something that's a simple fix...

Attachments

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "@ S4Real or Nomad Soul Isn't the command for global hud's to fit the screen "hudglobalx,hudglobaly" ?
This is what I have in my setuplevel.fpi and the eye-hud fader will not strech to fit
What may I be doing wrong?"

You correct these are the right commands have you made sure the eyehud is set like this :- :state=0:hudreset,hudx=50,hudy=50,hudred=128,hudgreen=0,hudblue=0,hudglobalx,hudglobaly,hudimage=gamecore\huds\eyehud.tga,hudhide=1,hudtype=2,hudmake=internal

best s4real
Amd fx4100,6gb ram,geforce 450
Kitakazi
Years of Service
User Offline
ncmako I also had the same problem with the eye hud not stretching properly. I tried everything including a fresh install and it still did not fix the problem.
The best fix I ended up doing was making it the "x" and the "y" the resolution of my monitor. so it looks like this

:state=0:hudreset,hudx=50,hudy=50,hudsizex=1920,hudsizey=1080,hudimage=gamecore\huds\fader.tga,hudhide=1,hudtype=3,hudmake=internal

This fixed the issue and I have tested a built game on different resolution monitors and everything works fine. Hope this helps.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2018 10:34
@ Insane6 Thank you, I was going to use your suggestion, but then found the problem at the last minute. It may even be what you are dealing with?

@ S4Real Thanks, I thought the commands were correct? After looking really hard I found the problem. I missed one (there are 3 places to change)
BI v10.5 builds the "setuplevel.fpi" like this..

One can easily miss it ( hudsizex=gdisplaywidth,hudsizey=gdisplayheight ) after replacing them with the correct commands "hudglobalx,hudglobaly" everything works perfectly

For anyone else having this problem, open your final builds "setuplevel.fpi and look at the lines for the fader, eye-hud and zoom huds. If any have "hudsizex=gdisplaywidth,hudsizey=gdisplayheight"
replace it with "hudglobalx,hudglobaly"

Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2018 11:57
Welcome back s4real! We missed you here.
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Welcome back s4real! We missed you here."

Thanks good to be back

Best s4real
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2018 22:46
Quote: "One can easily miss it ( hudsizex=gdisplaywidth,hudsizey=gdisplayheight ) after replacing them with the correct commands "hudglobalx,hudglobaly" everything works perfectly "

That's why i use the" find and replace all" in note pad.

gamer, lover, filmmaker
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2018 08:50
Hey @s4real, the EtaLightMapper doesn't always load for me and when the engine uses the old lightmapper, it crashes sometimes. Any idea how to solve that?
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Hey @s4real, the EtaLightMapper doesn't always load for me and when the engine uses the old lightmapper, it crashes sometimes. Any idea how to solve that?"

What OS are you using ?

This is a strange one as I had the same problem when my windows 10 machine updated the fix I had to use was to make sure everything in fpsc was set to run as admin for all users and make sure the compatible mode is off and everything worked fine again.

the files I set to run as admin is as follows :-

FPSC-Game
FPSC-mapeditor
FPSCreator
Lightmapper

I think the problem is that the lightmapper can't write to the hard drive and crashes ,will have to look into it a bit more.

best s4real
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2018 13:34
Thank you for the suggestion s4real. In my previous installation of BIMod the EtaLightMapper stopped working all together.
hukuta94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2018 19:56 Edited at: 29th May 2018 20:06
I have trouble. Test game doesn't work. I have window error "Path Cannot Be Found" with a text: "Path:..\MasterEffect". What is it? I installed patch 120 beta 17a and then black ice mod v10.5.
Windows 10, 64 bit.

---
I have got solve. I installed mod's files manually into FPS Creator folder. It works!
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Glad you got it sorted.

best s4real
uzi idiot
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2018 23:16 Edited at: 26th Aug 2018 23:19
Hey, I'm sorry to bump this thread with a most likely dumb question but...
Is it possible to get dynamic models receive their SurfColor from reading the colour of the lightmap below them?
I assume not but I read that that is how Quake's engine got lighting info for monsters, same for Half Life (but I can't find any info for Half Life 2)
It's just that this way things like props and characters would blend with the scene a a lot easier than how it's done normally (with just the distance and colour of the nearest lights, which makes lights from behind walls affect them)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 14:31:52
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 14:31:52