Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / TGC Heroes

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2007 05:47 Edited at: 4th Oct 2007 19:33
ANIMATOR? RIGGER? TEXTURE ARTIST? MODELLER? OR JUST INTERESTED IN GETTING YOUR GAME INTO TGC HEROES? WANT TO STAY UP TO DATE? CHECK OUR FORUMS!.

== Inspiration ==
TGC Heroes started as a community project initiated by "The Crazy", "Xenocythe" and "Zombie20" in October 2006. The idea was a clone of Nintendo-hit Super Smash Brothers with TGC related characters. It certainly seemed to appeal to people and expanded quickly. The name was figured by Xenocythe. The team started on an engine quickly and a lot of stuff was created. Bizar Guy was the first to really imply this game becoming a serious project with quality control. Cian Rice created the logo for the game. Shadow Heart created the definitive signature for the game. Over time, many people have submitted to the project (we're still working out who to credit). However, ultimately the game stranded on the coding part, and descended into unorganized chaos. On July 7, LBFN took control of the coding part.

The project has since then moved forward on a steady pace, introducing a core team for decision making. The current (core) team is listed below.

This project can be considered a non-open source community project.

== Game Characters ==
The game will feature several well-known TGC characters. Currently, we have included characters such as Nutt, Kel (the main character from Bizar Guys upcoming quality-title "Dream") and Tikatta. We're aiming to supply the gamer with as many cool game characters as possible. Also we hope to be able to work some of the Modsquad into the game. Current gametitles that we'll be contacting to ask them to be allowed to use their characters are: Soulhunter, Stick Suicide 2 or Vaelore and Geisha House. If you have a game that is a worthy WIP, or already completed and would be interested in having your main character play along in TGC heroes, or are a mod, please contact us at our forums!

== Levels ==
TGC Heroes will feature several common environments, as a jungle world and a city world, but we're aiming to have as many TGC-related levels as possible. We succeeded in getting Starwraith 3D Games to offer us models and backgrounds for a level in the game, which we thank Shawn for since he's quite busy finishing up his latest undoubtable hit EvoChron Renegades, but also Bizar Guy has promised to supply us with models and textures to create a Dream-inspired level. Gil Galvanti has kindly offered us to help with Virtual Office and Pirates of Port Royale levels. If you have a game that is a worthy WIP, or already completed and would be interested in having an arena based on your game in TGC heroes, please contact us at our forums!

== Gameplay ==
Gameplay will consist out of the normal SSB mayhem. We're hoping to feature fast-paced four-player combat, eventually with AI. Online multiplayer has not been discussed as a possibility. Currently the engine supports two players, has the KO function and percentage based recoil. It has shielding, Up+B jumps and spin kicks. LBFN is working hard to add more functionality to the game.

== Current Status ==

== Team and Credits ==
We count people as team members if signed up to the forums and actively participating in contributing. Also, there's a Core Team of daily active people who do the decisionmaking. Every person who has contributed to the project will be due credited.

The Core Team:
● LBFN
● Kinda Young Programmer
● Beast E Gargoyle
● tha_rami
● Aaron Miller
● Micophone

Game Contributors:
* SFSW/Vice (Shawn Bower from Starwraith 3D Games)
* Bizar Guy (Ben Prager, creating Dream)
* Gil Galvanti (creating Pirates of Port Royale and Virtual Office)
* Sixty Squares (creating Metal Runner)

Open spots:
We're looking for an animator. Anyone with satisfactory proficiency at animating/rigging game characters is welcome to join the team. We're always looking for modellers, texturers or others. Just check our forums for more information.

== Links ==
The original TGC Heroes thread
The Forums

A mod has been erased by your signature because it was larger than 600x120
game lover
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2007 05:50 Edited at: 15th Sep 2007 05:53
Cool seems like a cool project

Also here is an idea for a level, how about one based on the "newsletter".

We all want to be awesome, but does awesome want to be us?
Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2007 06:00
Great to see this in the WIP board

Looking amazing! Nice progress.

Meh. Signatures. Lame :p
LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2007 06:36
Thanks for the nice comments!

@game lover

We are presently working on a new arena that's not actually named yet, but it has as a backdrop the main forum screen. We are working to install some DB pyramids in it too. While it's not exactly the "newsletter", it will be along that line.

LB

Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2007 07:00
Nice, glad to see it's finally on the wip. I'm sending you those files right now.

Micophone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2007 07:40
Sounds like a cool project. Now this is gonna be some weird awesome gaming experience.

Wheres Mr Bear? Hes got that cool tornado move. Or maybe he could be one of the power-up that gets drop or something.

Mico
Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: osu!
Posted: 15th Sep 2007 12:05 Edited at: 15th Sep 2007 12:06
Wow man, this is awsome! I was tempted to make an awsome game just to get the main character in this one, heh heh.

I would create a forum for ya guys if you didn't already have one, lol.

Edit
Hey, you know I could advertise this for you guys, if you like.

DBP, $80. DBP's plugins, $320. Watching DBP Crash, Priceless.
NG Website Aex.Uni forums
Zombie 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2007 12:29
I must say it is so nice to see this in the w.i.p forum, best of luck guys and if I can help in anyway you better believe you'll be hearing from me again haha. Keep up the great work, I'll be watching...

Mike Inel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2007 12:31
Mr Kohlenstoff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2007 13:29
Oh, I never noticed the project because I rarely look at the Game Design-Board... sounds awesome.
I really want to see a 3D-Object of a stick-man of stick suicide 2. You could also take Doyle, if you want, but he's rather ugly and silly and more an "anti-hero".

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=110057&b=8

Looking forward to any kind of progress.

NeX the Fairly Fast Ferret
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2007 13:54 Edited at: 15th Sep 2007 13:56
How does the charatcer system work? Loaded from seperate files, found automatically, and parsed, or hardcoded? Custom characters would rock. One awesome thing I've got working is that character details are parsed from a c style layout.

Since the other one was scaring you guys so much...
Roxas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2007 13:54 Edited at: 15th Sep 2007 16:46
Umm.. I dont think the rpg char is good for this

But you want to include my Raiken? Hes cool!

Here is thread about Raiken : http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=109252&b=3

[center]
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2007 13:55
I already love the game!

I would offer my character "Enric" from the game "Enric", but that game isn't even ready for a wip. Enric is so awesome, he could easily win the battles.

Anyway, Good luck with the project!

I'd love to help, but I can't. Unless you want a 1000poly cube?

I allways afraided from a clowns. aww..
Roxas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2007 14:14
Edited my last post

[center]
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2007 14:15 Edited at: 15th Sep 2007 14:16
Not sure how compatible this will be. Made from textured plains that are rotated to create animation.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2007 16:12
All
Thanks for the comments!

Micophone
kinda young programmer is on the TGC Heroes core team and made Mr. Bear and Nutt and we have included Nutt in the game already. We will look at the possibility of including Mr. Bear also.

The characters are individual models that are loaded into the game as needed. We are searching for additional characters (or arenas for that matter) that are already included in WIP's or finished games. We also intend on putting Lee Bamber and some mods in the game.

Roxas
Thanks for your submission! We will consider your Raiken character for the game. I'm unsure if it is animated. Can you clarify?

LB

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/xt/xt_apollo_pic.php?i=1247451
Roxas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2007 16:46
No its not animated but its rigged somehow

[center]
tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2007 17:35
I think we should have a cube as character just for humor.

I've taken a look at Raiken and he looks pretty awesome. Is he used in any game, or not? Even if not, we might consider using it as a single exception since you already offered him back in the early days.

Characters are hardcoded at this moment. Ain't certain if we'll change that, that's Chris's job to assess .

Quote: "Hey, you know I could advertise this for you guys, if you like. "

Hey, you know we would be glad to see that and won't stop you . Unless you advertise it as your own, ofcourse .

Wendox
Years of Service
User Offline
sounds awesome, I really like the game idea!!!

but what about such a duck, i think this would be funny

Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah have a cube, and its native level is a matrix with nothing on it. Or have a bonus thing like sandbag in SSBM where you have to get the cube as far as possible.

Your about to get pwned.
Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2007 18:45
Rami, check your mail.

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2007 18:48 Edited at: 15th Sep 2007 18:50
Smash the CUBE!
Hit it as far along the repeating matrix with a pixel shaded backdrop nicked off someone else's project as you can!

About that forum level, whilst it's a nice touch, I think you could do so much more with it, etc. have different windows floating around as platforms. Maybe the BOOK IS STUPID post could float around, too killing anything that touches it.

Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
I agree, the random coloured things dont fit well, nex's idea sounds good.

Your about to get pwned.
Beast E Gargoyle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2007 01:36
Deathhead- hey are u still working on the cheeseburger model do u need any help with it i could gladly help u with it exceppt for animating it?

Winner my a longshot!
Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Sure. That'll be great.

tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2007 04:00
Heh, they're random colored because they've not been textured. I've seen concept drawings by Data and we hope to have implemented the level correctly by v.35;

Lol, I actually like the matrix level idea.

Agent Dink
Years of Service
User Offline
Actually one of the characters should just be the infamous white cube placeholder model for everyone's RPGs. I can just picture it in the character select screen. A cube. It has no attack animations or anything. All it does is move around and jump, destroying anything in it's path. Maybe it could have a sword attached to it or something with a model obviously downloaded from some model pack or whatever.

tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2007 04:39
I was thinking that exactly - we might want to use it in some sort survival mode, lol.

KYP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2007 04:53
Hey look! We have a WIP now!

LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2007 05:05 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2012 04:31
What about trying to make the cube a little more appealing by giving it eyes, ears, a nose and a frown? It could do a spin attack, a jump & crush and it could also tumble forward as an attack. I suppose you could have him spit out mini-cubes too.

LB

So many games to code.......so little time.

Attachments

Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
NO! The almighty cube must remain untouched, with maybe the word placeholder or hero crudely pasted on it in paint.

Your about to get pwned.
tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2007 05:40
Hehe, just a cube would do, I think. It is so ironic to use it in a complete game that we can't let the chance slip .

Agent Dink
Years of Service
User Offline
I agree. Plain cube. If you guys have items in this game. They simply get attached to an invisible arm and just float there. Nothing special about it at all. It would be great as an unlockable character.

Oneka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2007 06:08
I wanna be in it!

If I can help out let me know

Making dreams possible, one line at a time...
tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2007 06:22
Well, Oneka, are you a modeller, animator, texture artist or rigger? Do you have WIP/produced games? If so, sign up at our forums!

Micophone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2007 09:11
The 'cube' reminds me of tofu in resident evil 2.

Mico
Roxas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2007 11:13
Quote: "
I think we should have a cube as character just for humor.

I've taken a look at Raiken and he looks pretty awesome. Is he used in any game, or not? Even if not, we might consider using it as a single exception since you already offered him back in the early days.

Characters are hardcoded at this moment. Ain't certain if we'll change that, that's Chris's job to assess .
"

He is used on my RPG Engine remake.. But its not yet that far that i would show wip of it

Oh and this model wasnt what i offered before that what i offered was uglier lol..

So if you want i can send the model!

[center]
dark donkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Cool!. Saw this in GDT a few days ago and now its a wip!. What type of charecters will you put in. I might have a cool charecter to put in but the game dosent have a wip yet. Hes got coloures materials nott aninated but i could do that soon. And best of all hes called Sven - The angry viking. Hes kinda cartoonish but that was the game is like.
tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2007 15:27
Roxas, Dark Donkey, just sign up to the TGC Heroes forums and show us what you got and what game he'll be in. The game doesn't have to be complete but we have to be certain the game will at least réach WIP stage.

Your mod has been erased by a signature because it was larger than 600x120.
Roxas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2007 15:36
Uhh.. Then i think i cant give it .. My game will not be wip for long time yet

[center]
tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2007 15:56
You mis-read it. We must be certain it will réach it. I never mentioned a time-span. If you can show us something that makes us faithful that it will reach WIP (even a motivation for the game), the character is welcome (Raiken is welcome anyway, since you offered him so early).

Roxas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2007 16:09
OK i can send the Raiken.

So any help how i send it pirate? Via email via msn or?

[center]
tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2007 17:27
Email. Hoover my email button for details.

Roxas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2007 17:44
Ok ill email it.. But what format is good?

[center]
Jerok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2007 19:14
This looks amazing. It makes me want to work much harder on my project to get it W.I.P. ready soon enough to have my character in this game.

If you are thinking of using a cube as a character I think it would make much more sence to have psionic's dwarf as a character.
tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2007 20:58 Edited at: 16th Sep 2007 21:19
Psionic's dwarf?

It ain't amazing yet, it is in a very early stage. Remember that a good presentation is half the work. We've got our team making sure, however, that it wíll be awesome in the end.

Jerok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2007 23:04
Quote: "Psionic's dwarf?"

You havent seen the dwarf that appears in 90% of all W.I.P's made?
Agent Dink
Years of Service
User Offline
Nooo.... cube is way funnier!

tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2007 04:07 Edited at: 17th Sep 2007 04:10
ON POPULAR REQUEST!!! The latest addition to the game is to be attached to this post. We didn't really vote yet, but it seems most of us agree it would be a lame but awesome idea.

Besides that, we're working hard - basically LBFN is working on the main engine, Beast is compiling an item list to use in the game, I've been working on a lot of 2D-assets and I'm about to suggest me doing the system-voice, and we're hunting games!

Attachments

Micophone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2007 04:28
Okay so whats the character line up so far?

Sorry if its already been mentioned in the TGC heroes Forums. Just use to reading forums here.

Mico

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 08:41:36
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 08:41:36