Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / [LOCKED] EAI Weapon Media Update (56k Warning)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2007 11:52 Edited at: 24th Jun 2007 09:47
Edit May 26:

Three new videos uploaded to YouTube!

Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liPWsGsGmdM

Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EraDLSJxRmw

Part 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jqlq0gYVPlw

Edit May 15: Images changed to thumbnails for easier viewing.

Long-overdue update...

Everything "editor-ready" at this time (subject to change):

New HUD Stuff:

M67 Frag Grenade:

Model 36 Revolver:

Derringer:

Combat Revolver (fictional):

Snub Magnum (fictional):

J22 Pocket Pistol:

Model 442 Revolver:

870 MCS (pump shotgun)

T5 Revolver:

M1014 JSCS (Autoloading Shotgun):

M107 LRSR:

And finally, some new VWEAPS:

That's it for now... new vids when I get a chance. Thanks to everyone who has participated in my forum, ya'll have helped to keep me motivated and inspired.

Sweet crimoney, I've had that freakin song from (I think) Smokey and The Bandit stuck in my head for like three days now and I'm too lazy to google it and find out what it's called. It's the one with the chorus "We've got a long way to go and a short time to get there".

UPDATE:

Video upladed to filefront:

"marchupdateEAI_0001.wmv"

http://hosted.filefront.com/ErrantAI/

04/13/07 Video uploaded to YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drllFpMqmHY

UPDATE:

03/30/2007 Some pics of the melee weapons:

Punching Fist

Brss Knuckles

Katana

UPDATE:

04/17/2007 More pics of HUD weapons:

1911 (Full Size)

1911 (Bite Size)

M9-SD

M16A4

SOPMOD M4A1/M203 (Version A)

SOPMOD M4A1/M203 (Version B)

SOPMOD M4A1/M203 (Version C)

SOPMOD M16A4/M203 (Version D)

"KITTEN"

Insomnia makes you do strange things... Like converting an M4 into an airsoft/simunition hybrid.

UPDATE:

04/27/2007 More pics of HUD weapons:

93R

CQBR

M4A1

M4A1(M68CCO)

M4A1(TA01)

AKM

RPK

UPDATE:

05/15/2007 Some more pics of HUD weapons:

AK74M

G22

G18

MP5N

UPDATE:

05/21/2007 Another HUD weapon:

Mk. XIX

Mk. XIX (with scope)

Some Ammo

UPDATE:
June 23- New VWEAP pics...

Komet
Years of Service
User Offline
Looking exceptional Errant.
darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2007 12:37
these look amazing, I'm gonna have to buy it!

go to:
www.freewebs.com/futurefps
www.chainoffreedom.com.piczo.com
Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2007 12:38
Oh my, just excellent! I will most definitely be buying this pack, when it is finished!

Strelok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2007 12:57
Very Pro-work you have made , Well done !
And good luke with selling it

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2007 13:26
I think a Galil ARM will go well with this pack, as well as an M60E1 machine gun.

By the way Errant, what "era" is this set in? Mobster, modern day, what?

If this is under $20, like maybe 15 bucks, I might buy it, it all depends on what my dad says.

Failure to Cooperate
A game set during a war against rebels
Arriving 2007
Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2007 13:47
Sweet pregnant Jesus on a pole, that's awesome work. You never cease to surprise me, Errant.

"Or perhaps we're just one of god's little jokes?"
Leaning Objects To The Side
Years of Service
User Offline
It's just one word that sums this up...JUST AWESOME!! I will buy as well...
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2007 14:54
Awesome work Errant - Cant wait till this is released. I think i'd buy this, even though I no longer use FPSC properly (Until the multiplayer thing is fixed )
Great work, buddy.

Dan

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2007 15:31
Amazing work man. Ii'' definitely buy.

Komet
Years of Service
User Offline
Exceptional work means better than other gun models, I had not had my second coffee when I posted.
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2007 16:33 Edited at: 24th Mar 2007 16:33
Beautiful work Errant. I love the revolver reload and the derringers.
The image of your weapons folder is scary.

Best
Loc
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2007 17:16
Looks great; watch out for all the Pirates around here though.

mastercheif 193
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2007 17:26 Edited at: 24th Mar 2007 17:27
I've been waiting for you to post something about this pack for a long time. Everything is coming together Errant.
DOMRAY
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2007 17:44
T5 Revolver: yeee nice looking good

It's better to Burn Out than to Fade away.Victor Kruger/The Kurgan
tyrano man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2007 19:05
They look great; maybe you could TGC to coutract you for model pack 8.

The Kalspher forums are now open!
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2007 19:48
wow, those weapons just look awesome!

I would definetly buy this pack!

I can hear a deal for Model Pack 8 already.

Click on the picture to order your copy today!
filya
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2007 19:54
Errant, these look fantastic Excellent models and I see a damn lot of things in that folder screenie!!

-- game dev is fun...but taking up too much time --
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2007 21:51
really amazing work errant, i can see this will be a must have for every fpsc owner when its all finished.

cant wait to see the animations on the smaller pocket sized guns

17" 1920x1200, 2GHz T2700 Core2Duo, 2GB DDR2, 256MB NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900GS PCI-E, 100GB HDD, DVDRW
http://www.redcore3d.com
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2007 03:47
Errant,
Excellent work.I know just from watching your weapon vids that these will be the most realistic weapons created for FPSC.
I can't wait to buy this.

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2007 04:43
What happened to the gangster pistol? lol.

Great work, cant wait for this...

http://www.seqoiagames.com/seqoiacorp/
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2007 06:55
you seem to like revolvers... thats ok, so do I.

I personally think that the gloves are a little big. They look a little clumsy and loose fitting.

"I admire its purity, a survivor, unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality"

vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2007 14:17
it may be Bond1's Fantasy Pack, but this work by Errant is amazing. I agree with Locrian though, the weapons folder is a bit intimidating

evil lies within all of us...we just don't know it yet
Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2007 17:21
I think they could be in a new model pack
I will surely buy it when its finnished.

Visit us at www.freewebs.com/bigvikinggames , you can find our new free games and new free models.
mastercheif 193
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2007 23:50
You gonna make a video for your progress Errant I would love to see your guns in action
MonT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2007 05:14
Quote: "Looks great; watch out for all the Pirates around here though."

Agreed on the greatness, not agreed on the piracy comment.

When you say watch out for ALL the pirates on here though, you are basically accusing the entire *** community of being pirates, which is unfair to the majority of us as only a few pirate here and a great many more actually pay for their goods like myself.

Yes there are piraters, but every person in this community is not one. I have spent money to support this community on items like Butters light FX, Silent Thunders Music pack, and i intend to support Errant by purchasing this as well.

I do not intend this as an insult, jab, or any other form of menace to you. I am simply tired of certain members of this community accusing a great deal of others of piracy as you have just done above.

Again, this is not meant as an insult, it simply a statement of my opinion.

And Errant, awesome pack, cant wait for it to be finished and released so i can buy it and replace my current weapon set with this one.

MonT

http://www.pyrogames.org
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2007 13:53 Edited at: 26th Mar 2007 17:52
Awesome! The only criticism I have is the that the hair on the arms looks a little bit like pubes, hehe.

It looks like you may have used a custom brush to make it, perhaps one that is a little straighter.

Aww whatever, everything looks great in any case, can't wait to see the animations!

PS. Sorry about bikini girls hand positioning, it could really use a layer adjustment there to fix the hand positioning, live and learn. Just say the word and I'll send you a fixed version if you want.

----------------------------------------
"Your mom goes to college."
My FPSC stuff at http://www.hyrumark.com
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for all the comments. I really appreciate everyones input.

I'm in the midst of cleaning up anims and totally reanimating some of the weapons. I'll post a video when that's been resolved unless people are interested in W.I.P. animations.

Loc, filya and vorconan commented about the directory... Please let me know if y'all'd like more subdirectories, different sorting, etc.

I'll try to answer some of the questions/comments...

Quote: "T5 Revolver: yeee nice looking good"

Quote: "you seem to like revolvers... thats ok, so do I."

I watched "Three Kings" one to many times and simply had to take a stab at recreating the "Thunder Five". The other revolvers sort of came as "gravy" after the fact. BTW, most of the revolvers are exported with two reload animations. One; a slower one-at-a-time reload and a speedloader reload. Both are specified in gunspec and the innactive one commented out.

Quote: "I think a Galil ARM will go well with this pack, as well as an M60E1 machine gun.

By the way Errant, what "era" is this set in? Mobster, modern day, what?"

AI, it is the contemporary/GWOT era. I have an M60E3 or E4 I've been messing around with but I may not be including any beltfeds due to time constraints. We'll see, I guess.

Quote: "I personally think that the gloves are a little big. They look a little clumsy and loose fitting."

Zaibatsu , they probabily are a little exaggerated and look even moreso with the small guns. With the larger pistols like the Glock, M9s and Deagle they look OK IMO. Also, the gloves are bulked up a bit for two main reasons: 1) works well being lowish poly and aids in deformation and 2) I am personally not a fan of gloves that look too "painted-on".

Quote: "Can you take the hair off the hands? Or make the hair be "dynamic"...it moves around, and is hanging off th--- ."

Yes. there will be a no-hair version and I don't even know how to respond to the last part...

Quote: "The only criticism I have is the that the hair on the arms looks a little bit like pubes, hehe."

LOL, Bond! That sorta bothers me now too....gee thanks for pointing that out hehe. I'll see what I can do about that because that section of the map is easily edited. (I may hit you up for a bikinigirl update at a later date. Maybe I could send you some vweap max files and we could collude a little).
smith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2007 07:34
Dude, I looked at those weapons, and Black playing days came running back. They look utterly awesome, and I'll defiently buy..and use in my game.

big..hahaha..you said big!
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Video upladed to filefront:

"marchupdateEAI_0001.wmv"

http://hosted.filefront.com/ErrantAI/

There are little things here and there (mostly reload speed related) that I don't like but I have a feeling that will allways be the case and I need to be somewhat pragmatic about this, so please feel encouraged to voice any crits now rather than later.

Video is not exactly fantastic quality but quite frankly, having uploaded this from dialup I was pleased just to be able to get it on filefront (TGC forums were timing out when trying to attach to this thread). And yes... I'm well aware of missing and/or out of sync sound effects.

This video shows the revolvers, pocket pistols and M107 in yhe OP plus the XM109 and punching fist, brass knuckles and katana melee weapons.
DOMRAY
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2007 09:27 Edited at: 29th Mar 2007 09:28
wow i don't even know what to say(have to check my self to see if i am still dry)
amazing work, your guns look better than most commercial games. yeeeee T5 Revolver is so sick.
the muzzle flashes look dam good to.

It's better to Burn Out than to Fade away.Victor Kruger/The Kurgan
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2007 10:34
I have to say I just watched the vid and other than minor things (such as the slide on the last weapon made the sounds just before you pulled it after reloading instead of when you pulled it) this looks spectacular.
Every time I noticed something (hey...that revolver could use a speed loader) you pulled it off before the end of the video (there's the speedloader).
And we have needed a derringer around here for a while...
And the weapons are awesome.Amything else that has been made weapon wise in FPSC pales in comparison.
No disrespect to any of the other weapon makers (some people have made some excellent stuff) but you are just able to take your weapons to a whole new level.
Excellent stuff...just a little fine tuning and you will have a masterpiece on your hands.

filya
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2007 10:53
excellent work Errant I love those weapons. Like you said, sounds were quite out of sync, but the models and animations were great.
I like the 'stylish' moves the character makes

-- game dev is fun...but taking up too much time --
Komet
Years of Service
User Offline
M107 video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWJp14tkBlU

Well done Errant, best ever weapons for FPSC. Just one thing to add to what others have already said, I think I saw a shotgun in your video, if it was then the spread of the shot hitting it's target needs to be a bit wider.
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2007 12:40
Errant- Great work as usual. The animations were sick. I didn't have my sound on so no comments on them. The derrigner reload animation was simply vile! I think the reload times will force the player to use his/her surroundings for cover when reloading. What is the change to get a sawed off? I know you are pretty far in to the process, if ya can't do it no hard feelings.

Cheers!
Dave

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2007 14:57
delicious. I think this looks awesome. Only crit was the hairy-pube-arms and the skin tone, but other than that, it looks lovely. Can't watch the video, as Barracuda firewall is watching me.

Think you should change your name to Mars; god of war.

Anyway, as a PS, I just made a Samurai Biped, so if you wanna try that katana outon it , I'll send it over.

Butters

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2007 17:50
Absolutely beautiful. Loved the animations. The derringer reload was tasty. The detail in the weapons is amazing.

Really great job on these Errant
Loc
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2007 18:16 Edited at: 29th Mar 2007 18:16
That made my day.

I like the part when you throw the first grenade, and it bounces off the guy and lands back at your feet, and you look down at it like, "Oh crap!".

----------------------------------------
"Your mom goes to college."
My FPSC stuff at http://www.hyrumark.com
mastercheif 193
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2007 19:22
I liked the video Errant, can't wait to play around with the sword and brass knuckles, for guns cant wait to play around with the sniper rifles.
Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2007 22:09
I'm speechless, it's just so good!!!

Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2007 01:30
Awesome animations. Obviously. Its errant for goodness sake!
I love the pistol where it is reloading, and it gets spun around the hand Very tasty. Keep at it, buddy. Cant wait to see more!

Off topic; Any word on the AR-15 yet? Treated yourself yet?

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the comments. I tried to add the video link to the OP but the forums were giving me trouble so, for anyone who missed it. it's "marchupdateEAI_0001.wmv" at http://hosted.filefront.com/ErrantAI/

@Domray- Glad you like the T5. With the exception of the M107 and XM109, the muzzle flashes are totally stock. Bummer thing is that they don't Z-sort correctly with shaders off.

@Fred- Thanks for your support, man. I'm glad you liked what you saw. Most of the revolvers will have both manual and speedloader animations exported to the same .x file. They will be choosable via gunspec.

@Filya & Opposing force - Thanks, fellas!

@Komet- Thanks for the link, I'll check it out when I get a chance. I went with fairly tight patterns on the shotguns because I will be limiting range in gunspec due to the fact that FPSC does not support propper conical spread. If the pattern is too wide it can be ridiculous missing a target at point blank because the pellets go all around. From a conceptual standpoint, I'm assuming the 14" shotties hve full or modified chokes as the current real-world trend is towards tight patterns over wide spreading. Of course, should the end user want a wider spread, al they need to do is lower the accuracty in gunspec.txt.

@RF- I agree about encouragaging use of cover or forcing a "NY Reload" ie: switching to a different, allready loaded gun. Nope, it's not too late for the sawn-off. I popped in Mad Max last night and took some framegrabs for reference.

@Butters- hehe I hope you get a chance to check the vid out. I know that you've been a strong supporter of FAST reload anims and though I haven't made these lazy-slow, they're not wicked-fast either. My luck with attaching bipeds has been poor at best but consider my interest piqued!

@Loc- Glad you liked 'em. I appreciate your comments and I'm glad it looks like people enjoy watching the derringer as much as I enjoyed making it.

@Bond1- That was totally unscripted and I actually LOL'd when it happened.

@mastercheif 193- I'm glad the melee look allright to you. Did you notice the "brute-force" motion trails?

@Smitho- Thanks, I'm glad you like. Nah... Haven't gotten around to that yet. Think I'll need to delay for a bit and I figure I have till Nov 2008 to get that taken care of. Sad thing is that I haven't I haven't even bought any 20-rounders for my M1A since moving. Sameful waste of freedoms, I tell ya.

Some pics of the melee weapons:

mastercheif 193
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2007 23:24 Edited at: 30th Mar 2007 23:25
Quote: "Did you notice the "brute-force" motion trails?"

Yes I actually did notice that
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Sweetness. I still need to do some more testing to make sure that they work with shaders off. The only downside so far is that they don't work well with one of my alternate arm textrures. I suppose I could simply include the trails (or no-trails) version as an alternate .x.
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2007 00:15
Looks AMAZING! That desk model is also juicy. Can't wait, Errant.

AlanC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2007 00:55 Edited at: 12th May 2007 07:24
Love the melee weapons!

mastershake 354
Years of Service
User Offline
This is great! You work of animating weapons is outstanding! Good work and keep it up!
mastershake 354
Years of Service
User Offline
This is great! You work of animating weapons is outstanding! Good work and keep it up!
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2007 20:02
Ahh shame to hear about the lack of time to go shooting. How is the M1A different to the M14 used my America in WW2?

Just watching through the video again, I love the katana!
I was literally like when i saw the "berserk" animation of it

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2007 21:22
Looking great EAI!

Quote: "But since you forgot and you insulted him you can go on post approval status for a few days to remind you.
Personal attacks will not be tolerated"

Dang, even when you're talking about that stuff, you still have to put that darn smiley there don't ya Fred ?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 09:13:33
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 09:13:33