Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / FPSC Fantasy Pack - Re-organized

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2007 21:51 Edited at: 6th Jun 2009 17:25
Hello,

I am developing a series of characters, weapons and what not for an FPSC X10 primarily (but x9 supported) model pack.

many will remember the old thread, i wanted to organise things better and start fresh, so here we are

Now Christmas is over and X10 is shipped the grind for this pack begins.

Below are the currently finished 3d models.

Plan:

To keep things simple and not overloaded, it will be split between 3 different packs, which can be bought separately (as i hope)

these are:

Pack 1 - Characters and creatures (including mounts)
Pack 2 - Weapons and pickups
Pack 3 - Building material (entities, segments, premade buildings)

Pack 1

Pack 2

Pack 3

For the above code boxes:

Done - model is completed and fully mapped, ready for animation.
Mesh - Low poly mesh finished, yet to be normal mapped and textured
WIP - model unfinished, general shape achieved.

Cheers!

Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2007 21:55
...wow!

Can't wait for the release, Jon. These are amazing.

You've got my money!

Thanks,

Seth Black

Own It, Or Get Owned...
Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2007 22:11
This is looking very very good!'

Will surely buy this when done.

Dr Parsnips
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2007 22:59
wow that's amazing ! Any idea of a release date? I was thinking about starting a fantasy segment pack so I have even more reason to do it now.

Some really good stuff here.....spookily good! My god you just get better!

HMMMMMMM
alimpo83
Years of Service
User Offline
You are a really good modeller. Commercial quality!

Venge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2007 02:07
Quote: "You've got my money!"

Quote: "Will surely buy this "

Makes me want to make my own pack...

Modelled and rendered in Blender. Free software ftw.
Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
How many times do I have to say this jon! Go to a Game Company already.lol Your work makes me dribble worser than a dog over a bone.lol

[href=http://www.freewebs.com/deatheadstudios/]

[/href]
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2007 04:33
The fpsc community is very lucky to have you making models for it.

Will the weapon pack have melee weapons one can use, ie swords axes etc that one can swing about, also will there be ranged weapons as well.

Id like to see the melee weapons have a second attack, press scond mouse button and the character throws it, either pressing it again makes it come back, or once it hits something it disapears and another apears in the characters hand.

So perhaps have the pack have standard melee weapons, and a second set that have the throw option.

Plus a wizards hand that can throw plasma balls, a decal should work for that, perhaps some varients, just differnt decals, fire etc, perhaps shoot lightning.

Evil Things Most Foulhttp://www.avantivita.com/
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2007 15:55
Totally buying this, it is so beautiful.

I would talk to Butters about getting the Necromancer casting spells, just look what he did with that Electro character in D13's game.

tyrano man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2007 17:17
Nice to see its still alive

Tyrano

Prepare for an epic battle between Good and Neutral!
Alucard94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2007 17:48
Like every thread you make Jon, I get one more pantvisit from santa... There is no stopping you is it? =)

Insert Name Here
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2007 22:57
You always were a genius at modelling, weren't you Jon.
Things haven't changed.

Sudoku arts, the rabi and Nancy DrewG
Fuzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2007 05:02
All Hail Jon Fletcher

A god is among us people

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )Please join groves inc.....World domination
RichMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2007 16:22
they look damn good!

are they going to be specifically for FPSC or will we be able to use them in other projects?

keep up the good work, you are my role model!

'Making safer worlds through superior firepower' - UAC
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2007 06:00 Edited at: 30th Dec 2007 06:03
thanks for the nice comments people, updated the first post with progress on the mace figured i needed to get another weapon finished to even things out, almost finished with this one, and will try to kill two birds with one stone and get the flail done at the same time. seeing as it uses a lot of the maces geometry already.

Quote: "Will the weapon pack have melee weapons one can use, i.e. swords axes etc that one can swing about, also will there be ranged weapons as well.
"

yes, they will be melee weapons as you would expect their proper use, and the ranged weapons such as crossbow, slingshot, bow etc. will work normally.

Quote: "So perhaps have the pack have standard melee weapons, and a second set that have the throw option."

i was considering this very much, but with smaller weapons (dagger, one hand axe etc.) so it is a possibility.

thanks.

Beast E Gargoyle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2007 03:51
@Jon Fletcher those are some amazing models! Especially like the girl assassin. All the best, Beastegargoyle

Streets of Rage the best 3d beat em up ever check out the wip on apollo forums!
Zero #43
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2007 05:03
all i can say is WOW. i want those models so bad. i expect you'll be charging for those? nice models! keep it up!

AMD Athlon64 X2 3800+ w/ HT Technology 1000MHz FSB w/ 512KB Cache, 2GB DDR PC-3200 - 2x1024, ATI RADEONâ„¢ X1900XTX 512MB
Duplex
User Banned
Posted: 31st Dec 2007 09:09
Quote: "i expect you'll be charging for those?"

Nope, he will give them away along with a basket of roses and chocolate. Of course he will be charging for these, they are extremily high quality.

Your signature has been erased by a mod
TechNo VaLLey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2007 12:57
I like those models .. Does this bow throws actual spears (i.e. animated spears ) ? as If they're bullets for a weapon ?

I really like this Fantasy pack !!

I was plannig to create a longbow but i'm not that good in 3D modelling .. You may add also a spear this will be nice !!

Mr. Techno
The Creator of First FPNS Game created using FPS Creator
"Letters Kingdom" - www.letterskingdom.com
baconboy2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2007 13:29
Blimey, this is excellent! We could really do with someone like you on our game dev team! Especially since we don't have any weapons yet, and that guardsman is flipping B-E-A-U tiful!
Great work, I may consider buying this when I get X10!

www.the-anarchy.fusiveweb.co.uk
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2008 00:27 Edited at: 1st Jan 2008 00:31
thanks people.

mace and flail finished:

i know i was going to put everything in first post (still will) but Ive noticed its a common habit for people (including myself) to just scroll down to find later images

and while there is still time, Happy new year everyone! (in 33 minutes here in the UK )

edit:

by the way, i will give more variation in the texture for one of the above weapons, just so you don't feel totally ripped off knowing they look real similar but I'll do that later on.

i hope every ones enjoying my 'witty' annotations

Alsan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2008 01:53
Awesome as always.

Just a quick question I'm interested in:

Did you start modelling just 2 years ago? I read that in another thread of you and can't believe it. oO The only thing that prevents me from commiting suicide when I see your models is that I say to myself: "It's probably his job, he has done this for ages already." ^^

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2008 08:15
It would be great to have a shield as defence, while holding a weapon press secondary mouse and the shield is raised and defends from an attack, so perhaps it works as a weapon switch, seconaday mouse swaps the weapon you are holding for a shield, plays animation of a shield being raised, while this happens you are invunrable, sheild lowers and automatically swaps to the other weapon you was holding, this way a shield can be used with any weapon, as its just a weapon switching thing.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2008 16:12 Edited at: 13th Jan 2008 21:41
I remember Jon's early work; I dug up an old Newsletter I did showcasing him and his early work here:

http://www.ozarkgames.com/newsletter/november06/

Bring back any memories, Jon?

-Keith

Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2008 18:46 Edited at: 1st Jan 2008 18:52
heh, must be a new years thing

yeah, that 'barbarian' character was something that made me put a little bit more into textures, because i was using a much larger space, i wanted to fill it better, i still use some of the grunge overlays from that one

i remember the old characters that were intended for 'corepak 2' when i seemed to be obsessed with the burn tool

the UV maps were horrible also, there were huge gaps in between things, and random parts were ridiculously big or small compared to the rest of the map, ah the good old days, not a care in the world

i just came across a half finished weapon that was actually intended to be for my dominance war character, though in the end, he didn't really fit well with a huge weapon in his hand, so i might throw it in this pack! as an extra that is, not being cheap.

^^ gonna re-work the texture a bit, make it cleaner

@ fallen one

i remember Lee mentioning a while back that melee may be developed further on as an update to the build put with a relevant model pack, he mentioned blocking features etc. but we'll have to see, i will do what i can with the pack, hopefully a shield feature could come into play.

by the way, i felt there need to be two more additions to pack 2 (weapons) these will be:

-orcish sword/cleaver
-orcish axe

this seems relevant as weapons to give the creatures (as they would probably be carrying more primitive weapons than neatly crafted human weapons )

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2008 02:14
Looks fantastic, Jon.

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2008 09:31 Edited at: 2nd Jan 2008 09:34
perhaps -
orcish stone hammer, a rock tied to a piece of wood or orcish club with spikes in it.

Check the game Rune, that has a lot of great weapons.
In Rune the bigger weapons was slower to use, but did more damage and had more range, it made for great balance, it made for a point of having better weapons as they all felt different. Plus you can do things like, certain monsters are only effected by certain weapons. Also all weapons had a spell attached to them, you collected runes, and an energy bar went up, then you could cast a spell, and the weapon would do something, like freeze whoever was hit, or set them on fire, or you could throw the weapon and have it come back, or do an energy attack, each weapon had a different rune attack and a different cost, it was pretty cool.

Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2008 05:54
@ fallen one, may do those weapons though i don't wanna overload, thanks for the suggestions.

UV mapped the orc, and have started texturing him, this is VERY VERY early, the head is bairly finished, and anything elsewhere which has colour is simply to block out the base layers

not totally happy with quite a few bits of the model, i will be adding more armour in places (like plates on each side of the waist, as well as a sort of gauntlet for the lower arm.)

also some boots.

also just to clarify i haven't fully normal mapped it yet, that explains why the pelvis region and neck looks like round lumps of clay.

Luke314pi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2008 06:12
Beautiful work all around!

Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2008 05:21
thanks

today's progress:

I'll show some progress on the warg hopefully soon.

Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2008 05:33
also a quick question, is anybody else getting random dead images in the first post? i think imageshack might have a sort of limit per user per web page thing i don't know...

might replace them with thumbnails...

Insanity Complex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2008 06:09 Edited at: 6th Jan 2008 06:10
All the images are still there and still absolutely beautiful for me Your work will never cease to amaze me.

[Edit] Replacing them with thumbnails would be pretty nice, probably make it easier to skim over the pack as a whole, then if someone wants a more detailed view, they can just click the thumb

Alucard94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2008 11:14
I would thank you not to make the thumbnails as my internet connection is not the fastest and clicking all those thumbnails would take awhile.... Still awesome work though

tyrano man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2008 12:05
Can't wait to see the flail animated Jon
The Orc looks like its comming along nicely too

Tyrano

Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2008 15:47 Edited at: 6th Jan 2008 15:48
Wow, I dont think I can add to what has already been said. Amazing work. I really like the assassin female, very nice.

"in videogames you try to get the best graphics with the least amount of processing." -Ingolme
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2008 16:15
thanks for the comments people, i'll hopefully have this character finished by the end of today, then show some progress on the female peasant high polygon model and the warg.

does anyone know if its possible to have 2 or 'multiple' biped skeletons in one model with FPSC? i might try it quickly when i have the chance, but if it does work it would make the mounted characters much easier to rig.

tyrano man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2008 21:24 Edited at: 7th Jan 2008 21:26
Quote: "does anyone know if its possible to have 2 or 'multiple' biped skeletons in one model with FPSC? i might try it quickly when i have the chance, but if it does work it would make the mounted characters much easier to rig."

Possible easily, if when you finished animation, convert the skeletal animation to Vertex animation. Then it has no skeleton, and will therefore causes no problems in FPSC.

I've done boneless animation in FPSC before, works just the same.

Tyrano

EDIT: oh wait fergot about X10, you still need the skeleton for the ragdoll. Sorry.

Strelok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2008 23:26
Awesome work Jon , I have been waiting for this for a long time !

Quote: "the mounted characters"

wHaT ?!?
Man... you keep surprising me...It will be pretty cool if you could rig the original fpsc model to a mount

Like Fpscx10 zombie on a epic wolf mount..

Best of Luck ,

Oleg

Rise and shine Fpsc x10...rise and shine.

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2008 08:45
Your goblin and laborer models both appear to have hard edges on the transition from the fore-arm to hand, more noticeable on the laborer's right wrist, but also can be seen on the goblins right wrist. Nevertheless, good models - awesome textures/bump maps. This all generated using zBrush? Have you tried MudBox? Also another cool little beta app out there is CrazyBump - its still in beta stages for another 2 weeks or so (my 3d professor showed this to us), not sure on the cost on release, but he recommended it to us and it looks like an awesome program. http://www.crazybump.com/

Nice work man

Windows XP Pro x64 - ASUS P35 Platinum Mobo - nVidia GeForce 8800GTS 640MB GPU - Intel Core2 Duo E6750 @ 2.66GHz - 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM - Two Hanns-G HW194D Displays @ Duelview Configuration
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2008 10:51
thanks for the crit man, i'll take a look at that.

I've been using CrazyBump for quite a long while now, its developing into quite an amazing app i like the new ambient occlusion generator, works pretty well too.

had some lazy days, will post that progress as soon as i get off me' arse

tyrano man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2008 17:53
I wonder if the FPSC X10 ragdoll will allow the enemy to fall off his mount upon death if the vertices aren't actually joined to the mount part of the model. That would make an excelent touch

Tyrano

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2008 19:18
Good to see another user Have you heard anything about the commercial cost, or if there will be an educational version? I think our school is trying to get floating licenses for all the computers.

Windows XP Pro x64 - ASUS P35 Platinum Mobo - nVidia GeForce 8800GTS 640MB GPU - Intel Core2 Duo E6750 @ 2.66GHz - 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM - Two Hanns-G HW194D Displays @ Duelview Configuration
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2008 21:03
Quote: "I wonder if the FPSC X10 ragdoll will allow the enemy to fall off his mount upon death"

Yes.

i made a demo video of a rock golem shattering and have nailed a technique to get objects separating, so yeah the rider will fall off the mount.

@ John H

nope haven't heard anything about the commercial cost of CB, i think it may even be a free application, which means it would compete heavily with the Nvidia filter, which was the original intention (i think?)

Shadow Blade
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2008 21:58
This pack looks amazing Jon! You are the best modeller in the buisness in the FPS Creator World! I was always looking forward to this pack. I was a fan of your axe you made ages ago. It's one of my ambitions to make a fantasy game in FPSC. Any idea on the release date? Truly looking forward to it, great work so far, good luck and I'll be a customer!

-Shadow Blade

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2008 00:48
Yeah, I use the nVidia photoshop plugin a lot, but it certainly requires a lot more tweaking/getting used to than CrazyBump does. I think I heard that the author intends to sell, but if he wants to compete with the nVidia plugin (which would be GREAT for us users ) then I'd supposed it'll be free

tyrano man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2008 08:44 Edited at: 10th Jan 2008 08:45
Quote: "i made a demo video of a rock golem shattering and have nailed a technique to get objects separating"

Sounds good, got a link to it? Or have you not posted it on the net yet?

Tyrano

EDIT: Found the vid

Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2008 21:45
RIGHT!

orc is finished:

(put into the first post collection under creatures as well)

on with the female peasant, might reach a bit where the high poly is worth showing now

Quote: "This pack looks amazing Jon! You are the best modeller in the buisness in the FPS Creator World! I was always looking forward to this pack. I was a fan of your axe you made ages ago. It's one of my ambitions to make a fantasy game in FPSC. Any idea on the release date? Truly looking forward to it, great work so far, good luck and I'll be a customer!
"

thanks man! no idea on a release date, though things are speeding up right now, but we'll just have to see, definitely this year though (lol)

Quote: "Yeah, I use the nVidia photoshop plugin a lot, but it certainly requires a lot more tweaking/getting used to than CrazyBump does"

i use it more than crazy bump simply because its right there in the program, and is a 'quick feature'

really i only use it to normalize a layer, then sometimes i even tend to paint the normals into the red and green channels myself! it actually works pretty well if you keep it subtle

AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2008 23:52
Lookin' good!

8800 640mb GTS, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD, Vista Home Premium, 3 Dual Panel Casing Fans
Alucard94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2008 00:10
God damn Jon, teach me to be so awesome!!!!

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2008 00:32
Looks superb! I'm gonna love this stuff when it comes out

I'm glad you've decided to put it into three packs, cause before I got that far in your post I was thinking "if this is $20 like the rest he's ripping himself off". $60 for the whole set is far more than reasonable, this would probably be fitting along the lines of one of the $150 (or was it $120?) packs from Garage Games. Of course the FPSC audience is unfortunetly a bit cheap.

Vote today and play the games!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 13:44:22
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 13:44:22