Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / RPG - Geisha House. Image intensive!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I like that new one Raven.

Warning: Please be advised. Geek Culture is under lockdown. All mods are set to Indi mode. Any and all topics WILL BE LOCKED. Post at your own risk!
tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2007 23:02
You can say a lot about Raven, but he sure has logo skills. That looks totally fitting. Seems slightly inspired by the Assassins Creed logo. Looks really, really good

A mod has been erased by your signature because it was larger than 600x120
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2007 23:12
That does look interesting. It has an appealing style. On the second one though with the background, I think it might look more compelling with the logo on top of the current box image. Since the current design is pretty dark it would take some tweaking to make it look right, but I think such a thing could turn out nicely.

Come see the WIP!
Roxas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2007 23:36
AAAAAH!! Raven you just got me inspired

So i made my own logo for flare engine well.. Aswell i made sig version of it (see my sig )

And Cash Curtis. You should use that logo! Its simply brilliant!

[center]

Click for details!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2007 13:13 Edited at: 16th Nov 2007 13:19
Raven and I have been talking, discussing him making the movie. He's interested, we're just working out the details at the moment. I'll keep all of you posted.

I've been really busy, so not much time to update here, but I've been working away on Geisha House. I made a Game Design Theory post recently about levels and such, and I've integrated the leveling up discussed so far. I've added a few nice effects to go with it. Looks cool so far, I'll show it in a video later on.

I've added a new character in the spirit of true RPG variety - a female main character.

She's a lipstick lesbian and she's not shy about it.

I still have some more work to do on her - I used one of my female animation rigs on her but she's a bit club footed, not too cute at all (but she doesn't look bad at all). I have another I'll re-rig her with to enhance her cuteness (and to make her breasts bounce, that's important). I'll also have to add another set of paperdoll graphics

She's 5k polygons but performs great. I'd never use that polygon count for an NPC but for a main character that's okay. The file is 515kb and has all of the appropriate animations. I haven't added a normal map yet, I will soon. The file will probably increase to around 800k-1mb by the time I've added the new rig, new animations, and her weapon's sheath.

You probably recognize her as the female Amazon from http://www.3drt.com/3dm/characters/amazon/amazon-shots.htm. I've just made her more efficient, lowered her polygon count a bit, and I am single handedly responsible for her coming out of the closet.

Here's today's big question - what should I name her?

And here's the big thought for the day - if any of you have character models from defunct RPG projects that have a realistic style, I've love to have them. They might not get used, but they'd sure give me more variety. They don't even have to be animated, because I'll likely reanimate them anyway.

Come see the WIP!

Attachments

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline

This one? That looks awesome! And why does when a woman is placed into a game they always make them lesbian.XD Its funny. But saying that Mike Inel makes alot of Lesbians in his games.lol Joking please don't take offense Mike.

[href=http://www.freewebs.com/deatheadstudios/]
[/href]
Guyra
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2007 16:43
Hmm, what kind of names do you want? I mean, the title would suggest Japanese, but still.. Nice if you'd clearify that, and I'll come up with some suggestions.
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2007 16:56
Yeah, that's the one. That's a professional render, but it's a wonderful model and once I get the maps worked out it will look awesome. I've successfully re-rigged the model, now I just need to add some main character specific animations and she'll be all set.

The main characters are not Japanese. Naming conventions are flexible.

Come see the WIP!
Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
What about...(I'm great at making names)- if you want it like TES names then...
Deala Cut-throat.
Or more realistic...
Deala Langron

[/href]
Osiris
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2007 19:21
What about les bos its pronounced lebo...(lol south park reference)

RIP Max-Tuesday, November 2 2007
You will be dearly missed.
Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh yeah the one where they made fun of the film "300" That was great.

[/href]
Guyra
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2007 00:06
How about:
Terra
Tara
Michélle
Lin
Sasha
Anette
Irene

..random names. :p
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2007 02:06
Sasha isn't bad.

Come see the WIP!
Jane Doe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2007 05:19 Edited at: 17th Nov 2007 09:34
Edit: Never mind.
Jane Doe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2007 05:30 Edited at: 17th Nov 2007 09:33
Edit: Sorry for the double post.
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2007 13:21
I've probably offended you, if I did then I'm sorry This place tends to be so male oriented that I forget that I am really in mixed company. If that's the case then don't hesitate to let me know. If that's not the case then never mind

Come see the WIP!
Jane Doe
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I've probably offended you, if I did then I'm sorry This place tends to be so male oriented that I forget that I am really in mixed company. If that's the case then don't hesitate to let me know. If that's not the case then never mind "

Thank you Cash, but I wasn't offended at all. I deleted my post for another reason entirely.

Cash and I have e-mailed each other and everything's fine.

- Jane
Osiris
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2007 04:20
So Cash, I would love to be a beta tester .

Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
Same here.

Drew Cameron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2007 16:54
Cash; how are you going to make her boobs bounce?

I had a totally in depth dream I was trying to code some boob physics last night. This thread just reminded me of it...

Check out the WIP boards for "Schmump Go-Karting" - screens & videos
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2007 18:42
Normal men dream about boobs, programmers dream about coding them...

I don't see how boob physics is an essential feature, but each to their own.

I love Nancy DrewG, but not insert brain here
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2007 19:09
@Osiris -
Well, essentially everyone can beta test that can download the demo when I release it. That is, until I run out of bandwidth then everyone is out of luck

@Jane Doe -
You should have kept your post, I thought it would have been rather good

@Drew Cameron -
I'm just going to animate them, like Mike Intel did in IOT. I already have the 'boob' bones in Milkshape, now I just have to move them around...

In order to have good boob physics I'd need to implement ragdoll functionality. I've actually seen it done in Blitz3D nicely (except she had a leopard tail, that was just weird). I doubt that I'll go that far, especially since it won't apply to both characters.

The demo is getting held up for a couple reasons. The main one IS the ragdolls. I'm determined to have them in. I mean, I've got a million dollar physics system in place, I'd might as well. Mike is working on it with me.

@Seppuku Arts -
The best things in life aren't necessarily 'essential'. I could get by on just air and bread and gravity, but that wouldn't be much fun. Beer and boobs and poker (not in that order) are what makes life great.

Come see the WIP!
Guyra
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2007 19:18
On the topic of ingame boobiewoobies: Sex sells, so obviously bouncyness does too.

However, I'd consider that a 'final touch', if I ever felt it would fit the game.

Quote: "I could get by on just air and bread and gravity(...)"

In that case you can't be human, seeing as humans also need water to survive. ;P
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2007 19:34
That really is the whole point of this - sex does sell. I have to use every resource available to me. That's why this project is commercially viable at all, I think.

Come see the WIP!
Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2007 20:20
Quote: "I've got a million dollar physics system in place, I'd might as well."

really?!?

Anyways, boob physics pretty much don't matter to me at all. I'd rather play as the guy anyways, seeing as he's a bit more armoured.

Superman wears Chuck Norris PJ's
Drew Cameron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2007 20:28
One day, when I am so, so lonely, and it is raining hard...

I will code real time boob physics.

Motion capture, perhaps?

tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2007 20:48
Hah, the creators of Dead or Alive once wrote an article on how to model and code perfect boobs.

But honestly, I don't give if they move or not. In games.

Osiris
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2007 21:20
Lol real time boob physics. I think it would be a great asset to any game, even if it dosent need boobs.

Drew Cameron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2007 01:32
Quote: "the creators of Dead or Alive once wrote an article on how to model and code perfect boobs."

DOA boobs are SO fake.

"BREAST" physics (see what I did there) are found on EVA in MGS3 I think.

tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2007 02:07
I used boobs because the article was named 'The complexity of boob physics'.

Screw breast/boob physics. I wish games would go focus on gameplay and gametime instead of bouncing breasts.

Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: osu!
Posted: 20th Nov 2007 05:17
People play longer when boobs are involved....

Cheers,

-naota

"I choose to believe, what I was programmed to believe!"
Aex.Uni forums
Jane Doe
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Anyways, boob physics pretty much don't matter to me at all."

Boob physics matters to me. In fact, the older I get, the more important it becomes. For example, the relationship between age and the effect of gravity is of significant interest to me.

Quote: "Here's today's big question - what should I name her?"

All things considered, how about Sasha Nutcracker.

Quote: "The file will probably increase to around 800k-1mb by the time I've added the new rig, new animations, and her weapon's sheath."

Weapon's sheath, is that what they're calling it these days? I shouldn't think it would require too many polys or much in the way of animation.

Seriously though, our brains process a lot of information at the subconscious level to create a conscious impression. Our brains won’t reconcile details like hearing wind but seeing that the leaves on the trees don’t move. Even if we can’t quite figure out why, we know that it just doesn’t look right. So animating the breast movement of your busty Amazon woman running around your level is perfectly legitimate.

And oh yeah, sex sells.

- Jane
Osiris
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2007 07:26
You should have a "special" room, there its just showing off your boob physics. All the walls would be made of boobs and you could attack them and watch the real time physics....

Agent Dink
Years of Service
User Offline
Jeeze guys, take it easy... They're just polygons now...

Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2007 08:27
@Jane -
Quote: "Boob physics matters to me. In fact, the older I get, the more important it becomes. For example, the relationship between age and the effect of gravity is of significant interest to me."

As I become older it becomes more important to me as well. I research it constantly.

Quote: "All things considered, how about Sasha Nutcracker."

That's what her friends call her

Quote: "Weapon's sheath, is that what they're calling it these days?"

The question is, what exactly is the weapon called?

The only thing that I had to do was create a bone for it to sit on. Otherwise it will only take a reaching animation for it to work.

Quote: "Seriously though, our brains process a lot of information at the subconscious level to create a conscious impression. Our brains won’t reconcile details like hearing wind but seeing that the leaves on the trees don’t move. Even if we can’t quite figure out why, we know that it just doesn’t look right. So animating the breast movement of your busty Amazon woman running around your level is perfectly legitimate."

I definitely agree with this. I'm not going to have slow motion closeups or anything of her cleavage, it's just another detail that I'm paying attention to. Even if people don't notice it (they will) it will add to the total effect of the scene.

@Osiris -
That is the worst idea I've ever heard in the history of forever. Why would you attack boobs? Why would there be a room of them? Personally I'd rather watch them on a woman.

Come see the WIP!
Drew Cameron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2007 14:16 Edited at: 20th Nov 2007 14:16
Breasts rule. Good attention to detail, Cash.

Osiris
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2007 20:40
By "Attack them" I meant like running at them and bouncing off...

Shard Lights
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2007 21:23
I am appalled by this thread, this forum, and especially at Cash!

Quote: "Beer and boobs and poker"

This is a dreadful affront to all self-righteous people, and I classify myself as the most self righteous person of all!

How dare you sully the two most wonderful things in the world by including Poker in your list!!??

Pffft!

Ps:

a) the plain wrong and politically incorrect concept of boob-physics is a brilliant one - I must mention it to a script writer that I know.

b) The graphics and execution of the game you are creating really looks the canines undercarriage.

Good luck with it - you deserve it.
Guyra
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2007 22:18
Do I misinterpret something in Shard Lights' post, or was that plain rude..?
Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2007 22:53
Guyra it was suppose to be, but I have to agree... you can't have poker, beer and breast without smoking too.

Anywho, Curtis didn't get a reply via e-mail was my message killed by the hotmail or gmail server?

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
@Shardlights: I would like to see you make a game in DBPro. The reason why we are talking about Boobs is because somebody brung up "Boob Physics" from DOA's developers. So you should either shut the hell up because you just want attention or... You can carry on and give yourself a ban.

[/href]
Jeff032
Years of Service
User Offline
I think you misinterpreted it....I think

Quote: "How dare you sully the two most wonderful things in the world by including Poker in your list!!??"

n008
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2007 00:27
Quote: "I am appalled by this thread, this forum, and especially at Cash!

Quote: "Beer and boobs and poker"

This is a dreadful affront to all self-righteous people, and I classify myself as the most self righteous person of all!

How dare you sully the two most wonderful things in the world by including Poker in your list!!??

Pffft!

Ps:

a) the plain wrong and politically incorrect concept of boob-physics is a brilliant one - I must mention it to a script writer that I know.

b) The graphics and execution of the game you are creating really looks the canines undercarriage.

Good luck with it - you deserve it."

Ok, this is officially the most abstract and random thing written oin this board. Damn, you! You beat me !

Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2007 01:42 Edited at: 5th Feb 2008 19:32
@Drew Cameron -
Thanks!

@Osiris -
Hmmm... well, that would still be weird. It would be more like a perverted sex shop run by some old hairy guy than a breast simulation. Imagine, if you will, if you walked into someones house and they had a room like that. You'd probably think 'Yuck, this guy is a total freak'. Now on the other hand if you walked into someones house and an intelligent woman with a great personality and huge breasts with lots of cleavage showing answered the door you'd probably think 'Hey, will you marry me?'. Quite different Even a cleavage poster would be okay, but a room full of rubber breasts? No.

@Shard Lights -
Your post is a bit hard to understand. A lot depends on the definition of 'canines undercarriage'. We'll need an interpretation I think

@Raven -
I just sent you 1/4 of an e-mail.

@Guyra, Deathead -
I think that he was joking. As it's written it's a little hard to tell, but I'm sure it's in good humor.

Come see the WIP!

Attachments

n008
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2007 02:48
Quote: "canines undercarriage"

== a dog's a$$.

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I think that he was joking. As it's written it's a little hard to tell, but I'm sure it's in good humor."

I normally have a strong sense of humor but I think that he was not joking the way he said it. It seemed quite angry. And he is kinda new. So I don't know.

[/href]
TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2007 10:29
Quote: "Do I misinterpret something in Shard Lights' post, or was that plain rude..?"

Considering how the rest of this page seems to have turned out I think in comparison that would be hard.

Guyra
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2007 11:55
@Osiris & Cash: House of 1000 Boobies

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2007 13:36
I don't see anything sexist about wobbly boobs - I mean if they didn't wobble then most woman would comment, I think the key is to be subtle - too much wobble and the effect would just look cheap. A well rigged booby with just little animation adjustments should look very classy.

I think Shard was trying to pay you a compliment in a roundabout way. Dogs undercarriage refers to it's nuts - when people say something is the 'mutts nuts', or 'dogs bollocks', it's a way of saying something is awesome.

Things are shaping up nicely Cash, hope you get those ragdolls and boobies sorted.

We're going down... in a spiral to the ground...
Drew Cameron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2007 13:48
I agree with VanB. They wobble in real life, just like the can of Diet Coke in front of me has a sphere map on it!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 23:13:11
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 23:13:11