Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / RPG - Geisha House. Image intensive!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2007 14:50
Drew, what the. Make Diet Coke a powerup in Karting lol. You'll become slimmer and then die.

A mod has been erased by your signature because it was larger than 600x120
TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2007 17:27
Quote: "the can of Diet Coke in front of me has a sphere map on it"

ROFL!

Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2007 20:23
Quote: "Drew, what the. Make Diet Coke a powerup in Karting lol. You'll become slimmer and then die."

Only if you fall into a lake of it.

Perhaps the reason you lose health and die in water in D&C is because it's Diet Coke! Clearly Dumbow's mask stops her from inhaling any.

I've never seen anyone get slimmer because of diet soda though (or for that matter die of it). Seems like a bad reason to drink it.

Superman wears Chuck Norris PJ's
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 21st Nov 2007 23:01
While you're at it, why stop at boobs, or, for that matter, canine undercarriages?

All animals, including Cash I'm sure, have bits that roam around.

If anyone wants a shader solution they'll have to pay for it.

[@Cash, No, I haven't forgotten the shader - just been too busy to test the latest draft. Hope you can wait a bit more.]
tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2007 04:04
Quote: "I've never seen anyone get slimmer because of diet soda though (or for that matter die of it). Seems like a bad reason to drink it."

I love how people order a Diet coke, a Green Salad and a XXL Burger.

Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2007 03:57 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2007 04:13
@n008 -
Yeah, I gathered that , I just thought it might be part of some kind of saying or something

@Guyra -

@Van B -
Hey, good to see you here! For the longest time this seemed to be a Mod Restricted Zone

I think that some subtle animation will do the job just right. Too much would of course look dumb, and draw the focus away from what's really important, like her legs... (I kid!!). She'll be exactly like the male character statistically, so I'm pretty much protected against lawsuits and such.

Hopefully we'll get the ragdolls worked out soon. It really will be a great thing for the whole community when they are finished, everyone with Dark Physics will be able to use ragdolls in their projects without too much hassle. Right now they work if you manually create a pseudo-body out of primatives, but they don't correctly deform a rigged model.

@Drew Cameron -
Hey, real life is not a template for this game. Here, breasts wobble aggressively and hot chicks carry swords and make out with each other while fighting the forces of evil or something...

@tha_rami -
Quote: "You'll become slimmer and then die."

That's a serious diet...

@Bizar Guy -
Diet soda gives me a headache. I feel like I've been poisoned if I have more than two diet sodas in a day. Aspertame is what's delaying Geisha House

@Green Gandalf -
Quote: "All animals, including Cash I'm sure, have bits that roam around."

I'm afraid that nobody would pay to see that. As it is, I have to trick the ladies into such situations

Quote: "[@Cash, No, I haven't forgotten the shader - just been too busy to test the latest draft. Hope you can wait a bit more.] "

No worries, I figured you were busy, I have been too. It's so ridiculously close to being done anyway, I'm excited about it but there's certainly no rush.

**GG and I are talking about the lightmap bumpmapping shader that he's working on for Geisha House. It will also be available for everyone else to use.

It's been so long since I've posted, I've been putting off until I finished the girl. She's essentially done, all of the animations are complete and decent looking. People may think that I can't model or animate or such nonsense. I can, but I'm not that fast at it and paying for someone better at it than I is so worth my time. Unfortunately the people I've contacted were too busy to help me right now so I had to do it. In the days I've worked on this I could have built a space shuttle.

So, don't be shy, if you can model or animate and want to help then just let me know. I just don't have enough time to do every single thing myself.

I'm off to bed right now, hopefully I'll put her into the engine with no issues tomorrow and adjust the engine to accommodate her hotness. I've got tons of programming notes that have been accumulating, hopefully I can knock some stuff out that's on my list for the engine as well. Until then!

Come see the WIP!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2007 06:05
Sounds good . Looks like things are progressing.

Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2007 09:53
Quote: "I love how people order a Diet coke, a Green Salad and a XXL Burger."

I might do that- I like salad.
And if you consume enough sugar a day that you think you need to eat less to get slim, you should just have less sweet things. And how about exercise? I hear that does wonders.
Anyways, it's the corn syrup you have to stay away from- that stuff is going to kill you a lot faster than your chances of getting cancer from diet soda, just because it's so bad for you, and because it's so ridiculous to think 99.9999999999999999999999999% of the people who drink diet soda drink enough to get cancer. Aspartame isn't good for you, but it's not as deadly as many people on this forum seem to think.

Quote: "Diet soda gives me a headache. I feel like I've been poisoned if I have more than two diet sodas in a day. Aspartame is what's delaying Geisha House "

It gives me headaches too. I also never drink more than one soda a day, if that. I recommend Diet Coke with Splenda. Itz da shiz, or so says some people I know who carry around giant bottle of it. I like it.

Well, there's my rant on soda. It bugs me that people are more concerned about getting cancer from diet soda than they are about eating food that will f*ck up your body, like most food today does.

Zeus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2007 13:40 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2007 13:41
Quote: "Aspartame isn't good for you, but it's not as deadly as many people on this forum seem to think. "

It does cause brain cancer. It is worse than corn syrup. I know this because my mother is a nutritionist.

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2007 15:17
Why do people primarily attribute Aspartame to Diet Coke? - that stuff is in practically every diet drink on the market. Hell there's sparkling, flavoured spring water that I drink at work which has it - I just don't see why Coke is being singled out . What would be nice is if they banned the stuff and used something else.
It seems it's unavoidable unless you only drink water! - options are kinda limited for us diabetics huh Cash? - what do you drink out of interest?.

We're going down... in a spiral to the ground...
Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2007 15:36
Quote: "Why do people primarily attribute Aspartame to Diet Coke? - that stuff is in practically every diet drink on the market. Hell there's sparkling, flavoured spring water that I drink at work which has it - I just don't see why Coke is being singled out . What would be nice is if they banned the stuff and used something else.
It seems it's unavoidable unless you only drink water! - options are kinda limited for us diabetics huh Cash? - what do you drink out of interest?."

Everything nowadays causes Cancer, Heart Attacks, Diabeties, etc. etc. etc.

I'm just waiting for them to claim that walking causes Lepracy, they're going to. Only a matter of time. What they never actually say when claiming this stuff is just how much you need to do of something for it to causes problems.

What makes me laugh is Theramine (key side effect from Tea) is being touted right now as being good for you, wonder how many people realise it is actually a mild poison; and the reason it's good for you in small doses is for the same reason you get vacinations. Slowly builds up immunities, and can help lower other aspects; it's the same with everything really. You do something a in large quantities your body can't cope and can't adapt, in small quantities however it does adapt to handle it.

Wonderous thing how we work internally, life is built to adapt and survive. It's why uncooked meat for most people is bad for them and causes deceases.. because most of us are fed it cooked and we adapt to it, where-as people who have been fed nothing but raw meat from a young age will have an intollerance for cooked meat for the same reasons.

But enough about that, I'm hoping some of this media is working it's way to me Curtis

Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: osu!
Posted: 23rd Nov 2007 23:46
If things that people like causes cancer, Geisha House causes something worse. compliment

Cheers,

-naota

Madness never stops..... It takes a breather every once in a while, but then it grabs it's inhaler and chases you down the street with a cane.
Aex.Uni forums
Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2007 05:42
Good g-d, drinking diet coke will NOT give you cancer. YES, it can, but as Raven said, everything nowadays causes cancer. It the same as saying red wine is good for you. Sure, there are things in it that are good for you, but most people probably wont drink enough for it to make a difference. And if you do, you've got problems.

@ JSG, good for your mom. You see though, she's probably not allergic to corn, or wheat and soy for that matter. Also, you should check the number of people that get brain cancer versus the number of people that drink diet soda with aspartame. Then check the number of people that are obese and overweight who consume large amounts of non-diet soda, 'cause I'll guarantee their main source of sugar and high fructose corn syrup is soda. YES, THAT'S RIGHT. THE MAIN CONTRIBUOR TO OBESITY IS CORN SYRUP. Check the dates corn syrup and trans fats were released into our diets. That's when obesity started to skyrocket. Your mom should know that JSG, she's a Nutritionist.

And please everyone note my nod to diet coke with SPLENDA, which is the only soda I drink, as Splenda has yet to do anything to me except taste too sweet. I'm not worried about sugar at all, that's usually what I put in my coffee.

Anyone, if the issue of what's in soda is important to you, you either have allergies such as I do, or drink far to much soda in which case you should be a lot more worried about the corn syrup in normal soda.

Anyways, this is a pretty idiotic argument. It's really sad that people know so little about it as well, considering your health is actually important. Final note, if you're worried about your health, the main thing to avoid eating is trans fats and corn syrup, which believe it or not, are the worst things out there you can eat, because they're in so much and are guaranteed to hurt your body, whereas the like of aspartame have I tiny chance when you consume massive doses of giving you cancer.

Besides, this is the wrong thread for this. I'm really anticipating the demo of Geisha House.

Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2007 13:22 Edited at: 5th Feb 2008 19:21
@Bizar Guy-
I'm very cautious of Splenda. It contains chlorine, so I consider it to be about the same as salt. Certainly okay, better than Aspartame, but in no way a 'free' food.

I don't think that Aspartame will give me cancer particularly (I think that it certainly could), I just know that it's a weird chemical that happens to taste sweet and makes me feel crappy. Antifreeze is sweet and it will kill you. If you spill antifreeze in your driveway and a dog finds it they'll drink it and either go blind or die or both. Aspartame isn't antifreeze, but but chemicals just aren't good for you. I've read reports about people that use an excessive amount displaying symptoms that resemble serious illnesses.

@VanB-
Yeah, options are pretty limited for diabetics. I can tolerate diet soda, but it does give me a headache. Splenda soda did seem like the answer but it tastes gross, like Teflon syrup.

Coke C2 is decent, but I was making that before they came out with it. In restaurants I mix 1/2 regular soda with 1/2 diet. Tastes much better and half the carbs.

Gatorade is good, I drink it given a choice. It's carbs don't act like normal sugar for me, if I take the amount of insulin based on the carbs on that back then I'll get pass out. I have to take insulin for 1/2 the carbs and it always works out right. I suppose that since it doesn't have regular sucrose as sugar it's different, and better.

@Raven -
Yeah, any day now Hey, as a matter could you e-mail me a sample of your work?

@Aaron Miller -
Explosive chronic public diarrhea? Good Lord, be careful

The world is conspiring against me!!! My monitor just died yesterday for no reason. When I turn it on it flashes on for half a second then goes black. I've tried all kinds of things but I've had no luck. I'm going to try and get an old crappy monitor on Monday so that I won't be delayed on Geisha House. We'll see

Come see the WIP!

Attachments

Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2007 17:40
Quote: "Yeah, any day now Hey, as a matter could you e-mail me a sample of your work?"

I would if you narrowed down what you ment by sample work.
Did ask in my first reply, but no answer

Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2007 21:31
I pretty much agree with everything you've said Cash. I prefer Vitamin Water to Gatorade, but I'm not a diabetic, and Vitamin water does have sugars. I'll trust you're right about the carbs in Gatorade. I actually forgot you were! Sorry.

And sucks about your monitor. Hope you don't have trouble finding an old cathode ray tube one. I can't imagine you would.

Zombie 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2007 00:12
time for a weak moment

boobies boobies boobies boobies

Coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee cappacino, JAVA!
Agent Dink
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey Cash, if you need some more weapons, check this screenshot out. My cousin made these awhile back and they are free to use off our website

download in .x format:http://www.silver-dawn.net/index.php?page=download.php&download=http://www.silver-dawn.net/models/mwp/mwpx.zip

Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2007 02:57 Edited at: 30th Nov 2007 02:58
@Agent Dink -
Those look good, thanks! I definitely have room for more, I love variety. I'll make some normal maps and they'll fit right in.

I'm having a problem with the zip file, it appears to be whole but won't unzip. There are 30 files and I get 31 warnings, all saying that each uses an 'Unknown Method'. Neither Winrar or Windows can do it.

I still have no monitor, so I've been stuck on this laptop. Not to fear, I've been productive.

While I was planning the game I had a few areas that involved combat with a powerful creature. Let's call him a 'boss' for simplicity. Not in the traditional 'end of level' sense, but in a game changing event kind of way.

I then realized that my current combat system wouldn't work with Bosses. The problem is that with a small entity I approximate their body with a collision box. That works great for small characters. However, if you're fighting a big dragon or something, a collision box would be down right silly.

So, introducing the RPGC Boss Editor...

This allows me to rig an animated character with collision boxes. A property can be assigned to each - body, weapon, shield. When you hit each body part, it reacts in the correct way.

It's fast, and the boxes move with the animation, and they do register collision correctly. I couldn't make the hitbox generation work automatically though, hence the editor.

I'm almost done with it, I just need to tweak a couple things and it will be usable. I've already got the file save feature finished. Every important system works and it's quite solid.

Come see the WIP!

Attachments

Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2007 03:01
Quote: "I'm having a problem with the zip file, it appears to be whole but won't unzip. There are 30 files and I get 31 warnings, all saying that each uses an 'Unknown Method'. Neither Winrar or Windows can do it"

Either it's 7zip or Winzip10+ Ultra compression; it's not portable for other decompressors.
I'd suggest getting 7zip, very quick and powerful.

Agent Dink
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry you are having an issue with the model pack Cash. I'll look into it in a bit and see if I can extract it or not.

Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2007 03:43
Quote: "Sorry you are having an issue with the model pack Cash. I'll look into it in a bit and see if I can extract it or not."

They extracted here just fine with 7zip

Guyra
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2007 06:00
Nice boss editor.

Hey, that spider thingie rocks! I used that earlier as a stand-in model in the game I'm currently working on. The animations on it are excellent, and there are loads of textures to choose from.
Roxas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2007 16:51
Cash dang.. Im now really jealous

And i already know how that works. And found really useful things what i could do with that aswell if i would made the action battle system.

I could chop off legs etc funny things

Click For Details!

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2007 20:15
Very attractive editor, Cash.

Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2007 15:07 Edited at: 3rd Dec 2007 15:07
Thank you

I finished (essentially, there are some potential modifications to be made once I actually start using this to edit boss characters) the Boss Editor and started, and almost finished, a second editor.

This one is a model viewer and manipulator. It loads quickly, displays models in a folder, allows you to open other files, let's you change or strip the texture, add a normal map, test and modify individual limbs, fix the scale and rotation, and preview the animations. It also lets you equip a model with a couple of items to preview how it will look in game.

I'll release this to the community when I'm done, I just want to be able to associate .x and .dbo files to it and change their default icons. I posted in the DBP board about this, after that it's done.

I've needed something like this for a long time - it's a real pain to set up weapons by manually placing objects on limbs with code. Compile...edit...compile...edit... That's gone on too long.

I discovered something else interesting - when you apply a normal map to an object and save it as a .dbo file it saves the normal map information. With the shader loaded, when you load the file it automatically applies the normal map.

Come see the WIP!

Attachments

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2007 00:15
Looks great . Good to know about saving .dbo's with normal maps .

Enigma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2007 18:48
Wow, this game looks amazing!! Great job Cash.

So like, when you attack the spider in different areas, does the damage to the spider correlate to the place it is hit in? I.E. If it is hit enough in the leg it will begin to limp, or not attack with it, or even get chopped off. Or hitting in the face can cause loss of vision.

That would be really cool. I watched the vid on the first page too, looks awesome Maybe just make the animations for when they get hit a little more practical, thats all I can nudge in though lol, this game looks like it could rival oblivion.

All hope is lost when one subjects to the malevolence of apathy. ~by me~
Trust in someone is a greater compliment than love. ~By me~
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2007 10:00 Edited at: 5th Feb 2008 19:22
@Gil Galvanti -
It's not such a great feature. If anything is different in the program you load them into then they turn invisible. You can simply reapply the shader, but it's a shady process

@Enigma -
I didn't see your post, it's because you're new and on post approval. I'm glad you like the game The damage is based on the box that you hit, each box will have a damage 'multiplier', a float value that is multiplied by the hit value. For instance, the spider's fangs could have a multiplier of 0, meaning that any attack is 0. Or, the spider's face could have a multiplier of 2, which would double the base attack's impact.

Or, a body part can be labeled as a 'shield', it's not really considered to be part of the spider by the collision code and blocks the weapon entirely. With a multiplier of 0 the weapon will still penetrate the model, as a shield it will bounce off.

I plan to make the models sort of limp by rotating a damaged limb just a bit, but chopping off pieces would be too complex. The problem is that the animation would continue even though the limb is missing and it would just look bad. It would also be a perfect clean cut, which wouldn't look good. There is one possibility that I'll entertain - if a limb is damaged sufficiently, the vertices are crunched up together, shortening and maiming the limb. Then I'd remove the collision box. I'll experiment with it.

Another boring update, but I just hate to give no progress reports when such fantastic things being done (fantastically boring!). Alquerian and I are making the game editor together, and we've decided to use Purebasic because it is PureAwesome. The problem with something like Blue GUI is that if the framerate goes down to 60 the events become unresponsive. That's simply unacceptable. To combat that we've come up with this...

I've completed the template project. It allows you to call DBP functions from Purebasic, using IanM's fantastic function pointer commands. I've never really worked with low level memory access before, but now I've got a lot of practice. I'm Peeking and Poking the hell out of the RPGC Editor.

The main thing that we wanted as a command stack, that way if one application is lagging it would still process every command that is sent to it. The DBP window is docked on top of the PB window, the entire thing is almost perfectly seamless, like it's a PB gadget. It's very fast, very responsive, and over all just works nicely. I have a couple more features to add then it's all done.

Well, now I'd better work on some of my college homework

Come see the WIP!

Attachments

Escaped Ape
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2007 11:33
You can solve the blue gui problem with something like this:

Using this, every event is catched.

Alquerian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2007 18:33 Edited at: 17th Dec 2007 18:34
Escape Ape - while your gesture is appreciated, your suggestion will not work for our needs. The problem is that events happen so fast (often times) that they happen during the sync process, or during some other part of the loop and BlueGUI is unable to properly process it. It is simply a design flaw in BlueGUI, and not something that can easily be fixed. Additionally, utilizing Purebasic for this task adds a mountain of interoperability which simply isn't available with BlueGUI, as Purebasic isn't just a GUI, it is also a lightning-fast programming language.

Using Purebasic will allow for faster calculations, a more responsive UI, and access to more functions and libraries. Anything that works with Purebasic or that Purebasic can access, DBP can now access.

Cash - Looking great! I am checking out your latest source updates now. Sorry I didn't check my mail this weekend, I was installing carpet and didn't get a chance to get in front of the PC too much!

Support the indie!
Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2007 00:35
Hey Cash. For those of us that took a break from gamedev and have just come back and started making new games, checking WiPs and generally getting back into the swing of things again (I have no idea who I'm refering to), can you please update your first page at some point with all the latest goodies? I fear there are lots of cool things lost in the sea of pages in this thread.

I am asking for a friend obviously. Not for myself.

Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2007 05:05 Edited at: 5th Feb 2008 19:22
I sure will, but I've got to find a sober moment I played in a poker tournament tonight with a top prize of $4000 and I came out with $800, so all in all a good night. My wife was the one who actually won the money, but it's all the same, sort of

Despair not, friends!!! Massive work has been going on. A lot of the work has had to do with the Purebasic to DBP interface, but it has larger implications. Though I've already created the basic interface between LUA and DBP, I've created no definite mechanism by which LUA might control every aspect of the DBP engine. With the exact same function-stack method that the PB-DBP interface utilizes I'm going to connect LUA to DBP, allowing LUA to totally control every aspect of the RPG engine. Using IanM's function pointers, the LUA script engine will be able to call any DBP function as it runs.

A big ugly part of my time lately has been converting all of the game media to a format and structure. It sounds pointless and boring, but if the editor that Alquerian and I are creating is going to work with this it has to conform to a system that makes sense. I'm using a system similar to the FPSC editor system, which essentially groups assets according to entity identity.

It will be a bit yet before I have anything interesting to show. Don't worry, I'll be back soon.

@Fallout -
Tell your 'friend' that I'll do so on the next update. Shouldn't be long

Come see the WIP!

Attachments

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "but I've got to find a sober moment "

Well thats not going to happen with New Year on the way.lol

[href=http://www.freewebs.com/ignitestudios/]

[/href]
Oddmind
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2008 09:18
This is looking super bad ass.

This project has always inspired me, you might just have sparked another flame.

Dr Manette
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2008 19:06
Holy cow this is getting better all the time. Hey cash... do you uh... have that lady's number?

Amazing work as always!

jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2008 09:41
@CASH - With regards to Rotations, recent posts etc. I thought I would pass this link onto you encountered in my travels:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=96978&b=8&p=0#m1089609

Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2008 19:30 Edited at: 5th Feb 2008 19:33
Hey all, wondering where I went? Never fear, work never stopped on Geisha House. The engine has been undergoing a major overhaul for a couple of reasons, among them to save texture memory by sharing textures and speeding up loading time. Everything is going tediously wonderful. Lately I got sidetracked by some other GH things. I decided it was time to add true 3rd person controls and 1st person controls to the game. I'm also adding weather and visible day/night cycles (the game already has day night cycles, but the sun doesn't actually rise since you can't see it from overhead).

Green Gandalf has written an amazing water shader that essentially normal maps the water, makes the texture stages flow at different speeds, and specular reflection to make it look like the ocean. It's very fast too. No, you can't look in it and see your reflection. I've been using a stripped down version of GH to rewrite the control system.

In other news, I finally got Higgin's jester rigged and animated and I'll do Ruccus's pirate next (hopefully tonight after class). And, bond1 released model pack 18 which contains some really nice models. With these three sets of models I can say with confidence that I have every character that I'll need. The new engine will allow me to create a new character with a different texture while reusing the mesh from another offscreen model of the same mesh type. So I'll have characters that look totally different. The only thing I have to do is make sure you see them at different times so it doesn't clone another character.

Here are some screenshots...

In the future I won't be updating the WIP thread quite as much. When I get the demo done I'll create a new thread as well.

Come see the WIP!

Attachments

tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2008 22:24
Woot! That'll definitely add to the game, Cash. Surely a great addition .

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2008 04:59
Looking great . So are those different perspectives going to be available in GH? Or just the GH engine?

Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2008 07:56
very nice variation in cameras. Though I have to say the area you're showing looks none too pretty, at least in a screenshot. It wasn't a big issue before, but now with the new cameras you might want to look into adding grass.

BlockVerse-> Old School Beta Demo-> Dream-> Old School-> Guitar Platformer
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2008 08:10
I guess I forgot to mention I removed all of the vegetation, along with everything else, for the purpose of these tests. It will all be back

The views will all be available in Geisha House. The engine will allow you to disable certain views if you want, but for this game I'll let the user choose.

Come see the WIP!
Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Alfa x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2008 16:30
Chenak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2008 19:20
Sorry when my dissertation is finished I'll help with some models, have not had enough time for any fun due to the insane amount of work lol.

I was gonna email you what I had for the old guy model but I really wanted to finish it off nicely. I was working on a better geisha model too because I wasn't too happy with the original. Working on getting a better animation package too.

laters
5867Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Cash, Any news at all?
Phones ringing from me

Was Cool Kid
bergice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2008 00:22
Dont let this die!
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2008 00:47
(Off topic but - personally, when I'm at my quietest I'm usually at my busiest) when I'm posting alot, I am sometimes avoiding my own CODE LOL!

Indie Rock 13
Years of Service
User Offline
That boss editor is pretty amazing Cash... did you create it using DBPro? A long time ago I was trying to figure out how to get objects to rotate and move along with the bones of .X and .dbo models so I could just make a sword model and "attach" it to the hand for example, but I never did find a solution.

The best anyone suggested was to import the bones with animations from the character model into the weapon and skin it to the hand bone. This seemed like it'd be an annoying process...

Check out my music page: Kill for Quid (myspace)
I'm happy to make music for any game!
bergice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2008 17:43
I just made a test sample where i loaded a character and an item, and then i could shuffle through possible limb positions and finally i found the correct one

Dont delete my sig mods, it is 600X120...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 01:29:46
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 01:29:46