Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / RPG - Geisha House. Image intensive!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2007 22:45 Edited at: 14th Jun 2007 07:41
Yeah!! Page 11, post 401!!!!

@Game King -
Quote: "Keep it up man. Those screenshots are looking sexy"

Thanks, they take after me

@bass guy1669 -
We'll see how it turns out, but thanks!!!

@Deathead -
Haha, that's awesome Can't wait for the official one! (see bottom)

@eek -
Yeah... editing I did have lots of funky splices. I've changed it to more fades this time. Funny that nobody else mentioned that It's solid though, no tricks. It's just hard to get the right shot. I like a fluid flow from one thing to another, but things don't always go as planned when making videos.

@Zombie 20 -
Quote: "you are starting to become an inspiration for my projects as well as many of the user's here already are"

I appreciate that It is a good thing if I can help other people in some small way with their own projects. After all, that's the strength of this community, we all lend each other resources and strength.

Quote: "I want to go beat up some skeletons and feel good about myself."

It's quite fun And that's really the whole point of a game!

@The Full Metal Coder Roxas -
Quote: "When i look everyones project i see theyr object edges arent jaggy like mine projects have"

It's a bit of trickery really. I'm running the game in 800x600, but my resolution is 1024x768. I run the game in a window, maximized, with the titlebar and icons at the top completely hidden. It looks like full screen exclusive, with two major advantages - it looks like AA is turned on, and it won't crash if the game window loses focus. It's a win-win situation.

My friends, it's new video time! There's always so much to show with the magic system. Well, it's finished now. I took extra time with these last two spells because I had a certain look in mind. I achieved exactly what I wanted. Protective Shield and Death Vortex.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64mu_93QFuE

Death Vortex is what I promised - a magical lawnmower with a major attitude. It's very powerful, it can cut a path through a group of enemies (or friends) quickly. The thing is, it's drawn to the spellcaster. It will chew you up just as quickly.

This video doesn't do the spell justice. It's awesome watching it consume skeletons one at a time, their bones exploding into the air. Here they all get killed at once, no dramatic buildup. Still okay though.

Protective shield creates a pulsing shield around the player. It acts just like a real shield, except it quickly starts to shrink then vanishes. Still, handy to have.

I think I know what was up with Youtube the other day, it appears that they were backing up all of their videos. I uploaded two then deleted one, but its zombified corpse reappeared later.

Enjoy!

Complements of Deathead. I did forget to mention that I started Geisha House in 1997...

Come see the WIP!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Alquerian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2007 23:45
One word...

WICKED

If I had to choose a second word, I suppose it would be...

RADICAL

haha I haven't used that word in a long time. Seriously, the spells look awesome. I also liked how you had a bit faster paced running around, evading the enemies and running away from the wolf. The music is great as well.

Does the shield get smaller as it weakens?

Amazing, truly a DBP masterpiece.

Visit the Wip!
tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2007 02:36
Take that bitches!... Oh crap.

Looks great. Like both of them. Like the whole game. Like it. Really. Like it.

I'm starting to talk weird. But I like it. Take that bitches!... Oh crap.

I really need to sleep. Enough work on SeaDome for today. Just checked by quickly and reading the above post and seeing the video was definitely worth it.

Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2007 02:54
Amazing video! This is really looking great Cash

Quote: "Thanks, they take after me"

Developing quite an ego there, eh? Just messin.

eek
Years of Service
User Offline
Woo the graveyard! Seems like forever since you posted that the graveyard was finished...Looks great.
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2007 04:09 Edited at: 14th Jun 2007 04:10
@Alquerian -
Quote: "WICKED"

Quote: "RADICAL"

That assessment is both radical and wicked

The spell system has really come to life and I'm really happy that you guys are pleased with it. It's been tedious fun putting it together.

One thing that Geisha House won't be short on is good music. It's got contributions from a couple folks here on the forum. In addition, I found a fantasy pack by a very talented Spanish musician that I bought a while back.

A lot of my spellcasting time is spent running away from enemies. It you start to cast an incantation and get hit then it will be interrupted and you'll have to go back through the runes. It doesn't fit with a lot of other magic systems, but it does fit my vision. I wanted a system powerful enough to completely alter gameplay, yet vulnerable enough that wasn't broken. It still has to be tweaked, but I'm happy with the basic setup.

Quote: "Does the shield get smaller as it weakens?"

It does. It's hard to tell what's going on without a commentary I suppose It begins big, and pulses bigger and smaller over and over again. Each time it shrinks, it shrinks a bit more than last time. Finally it gets too small and dissipates, which was the blue ring and blue stars that got emitted from the player.

Quote: "Amazing, truly a DBP masterpiece."

Like I always say, we'll have to see how it turns out to really rate it. But, thanks!!!!

@tha_rami -
I know the feeling. I was pretty drained when I posted the video, I'd been working for a while trying to get the spells done. I'm glad that you enjoyed the video

@Xenocythe -
Quote: "Developing quite an ego there, eh?"

Developed

Quote: "Amazing video! This is really looking great Cash"

Thanks!

@eek -
Yeah, it has been a while since I put that up. It needs a bit of work though, especially with the tombstones and one quest area has to be reworked a bit. Thanks!!

There are actually several more areas that have to get either fixed or made from scratch. I'm not looking forward to the work. Although I'm sure once I've started I'll get on a modeling kick and enjoy it.

One of the next things I need to do is to fix my door system. I made one for use with the evil Nuclear Glory Collision system long ago, but I need to start from scratch to make something that will work right with Dark Physics. It's mini project time again, I think. Yuck.

Come see the WIP!
Game King
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2007 05:57
I hope ur proud of urself man, that's alot of work and time put in to the making of this game. Most people would've given up by now.

Keep it up!

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2007 07:01
Spells are looking awesome, of course. I don't know of a part of this game that doesn't look awesome .

draknir_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2007 10:15
impressive work as usual, though it bothered me that the trees get in the way of the camera like that, are you planning on having them turn transparent or something to help visibility?
Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2007 14:20
Wohoooo, the magic system!!!

Looks very nice. I'm curious about the shield spell, because it seemed to still be working for a while after it was completely inside him, which was a bit confusing. Was it? or was it just taking a long time to dissipate? Also, I noticed you didn't put the spell book away to attack. Was that because you need the spell book open to maintain the spell?

Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2007 14:42 Edited at: 15th Jun 2007 10:57
@Game King -
For one reason or another most RPGs do fail pretty early on. Usually they aren't planned correctly and people try and create a huge game all at once.

I'm pleased so far, I can't really say I'm proud until it's finished. Soon, I hope. Thanks!

@Gil Galvanti -
Quote: "I don't know of a part of this game that doesn't look awesome"

That's what I was hoping for The conversation was really the big unknown, but now it's all smooth sailing.

@draknir_ -
Quote: "impressive work as usual, though it bothered me that the trees get in the way of the camera like that, are you planning on having them turn transparent or something to help visibility? "

I could certainly experiment with it. I haven't really considered it though. All of the trees are instanced, thus all same trees would become transparent at once. It would probably look okay though, I'll try it out.

@Bizar Guy -
Quote: "Looks very nice. I'm curious about the shield spell, because it seemed to still be working for a while after it was completely inside him, which was a bit confusing. Was it? or was it just taking a long time to dissipate?"

Yeah, it had just shrunk inside of his body. I feel that is kind of weird as well. It continues to dissipate until it's nothing, then it sends out a flash and some stars. I either need it to dissipate immediately, or to do something bad to the player, like slow him down while it's inside of his body. I'll try that out and see if I like it. I like a spell having a downside.

Quote: "Also, I noticed you didn't put the spell book away to attack. Was that because you need the spell book open to maintain the spell?"

Yeah, without the spellbook in your hand you won't be able to cast a spell until late in the game. As soon as it's cast you can swap it out with a weapon though. I just haven't completely made that possible yet Soon, I swear!

Come see the WIP!

Attachments

Dr Manette
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2007 15:57
Hahaha, death vortex looks hilarious. I can imagine it killing everyone in a city....

How do you get runes to cast spells? Do you have to buy them or find them, or do they just reappear after a while?

Looks amazing, although I think the animations might be slow for the two guys at the beginning... but then, I couldn't tell what they were.

Roxas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2007 16:29
So u rezize the window manually or in code?

Oh and are u using ur own effect editor for magics and such effects? Cuz im planning to make one.. U can animate particles and mix other effects and that kind of stuff that will make my game making easier..

[B] - LINKIN PARK - [/B]
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2007 16:59 Edited at: 15th Jun 2007 10:56
@Dr Manette -
Quote: "Hahaha, death vortex looks hilarious. I can imagine it killing everyone in a city...."

Yeah, that would be awesome I'd do something evil in a city though, I'd have some type of magical guard that would freeze you in place when you cast a spell. Then you'd be arrested or killed by your own spell.

Quote: "How do you get runes to cast spells? Do you have to buy them or find them, or do they just reappear after a while?"

You'll earn them in quests. Basically, you won't get runes, but you'll get new spells and you'll get whatever new runes that new spell has on it. You'll only have those runes that your spells require.

Quote: "Looks amazing, although I think the animations might be slow for the two guys at the beginning... but then, I couldn't tell what they were."

Those were talk animations. I'll continue to tweak the animation speeds.

Quote: "So u rezize the window manually or in code? "

I use windowed mode and I set the the screen resolution with a script. I'll allow players to chose their resolution though.

Quote: "Oh and are u using ur own effect editor for magics and such effects? Cuz im planning to make one.. "

Not exactly. I use three different effect systems - the DBP Cloth and Particles pack, animated plains, and Geecee3's pyro system.

I set up the engine to load all of my effects in the beginning. The engine can create a particle emitter, plain animation, or pyro display at any time. It recycles old ones as they expire, keeping the total amount of resources low.

Each spell has a series of steps - casting, contact, effect duration, and completion. Each step is optional. Casting can be a moving emitter or animation, or both. Contact can be emitter, animation, and pyro (any combination). Effect duration effects vary with the spells, most spells have ended already. Spells with a continuing effect like Protective Shield or Death Vortex can have a completion effect (you see a flash ring when Death Vortex finally vanishes). This can be any combination of the three.

So, in a nutshell, each step can be all three effects combined except for the casting step, which is either emitter and/or animation.

I don't have an editor though. I have a mini project to test out particles because they are the most difficult to handle. It is an EXTREMELY powerful plugin. I've made use of about 90% of its functionality, but there are some things I don't care to tackle.

Quote: "U can animate particles and mix other effects and that kind of stuff that will make my game making easier.."

Well, the Pyro system was in a Newsletter a while back, around the time of 5.8. It should be in the description. The Cloth and Particles pack is something everyone should buy. The animated plains originally came from TGC's Animated Sprite pack - a fantastic resource of media. Not only that, but the animation technique is fantastic. It uses a single 1024x1024 image and shifts the UV data to provide 16 frames of animation. After I bought this pack I began making more of my own animated sprites. Death Vortex is an example of an animated sprite.

Once I set everything up, I could string up effects very easily and test them out. After a bit of trial and error I found combinations that pleased me.

Come see the WIP!

Attachments

Roxas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2007 17:21
Thanks! I look for those.. Dint even knew of those thing!

[B] - LINKIN PARK - [/B]
Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
look closer it says 1997
I like this game like the shield

My Avatar is copyright to John F's Wick Models
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2007 21:56
Quote: "I use windowed mode and I set the the screen resolution with a script."

How would you do that? I'm running PoPR in a 1024x768 resolution on a 1152x864 screen resolution, so I'm having to maximize it manually. I was wondering if there was some way to do this automatically when loading the game.

Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2007 09:14 Edited at: 15th Jun 2007 10:55
Yeah, np. There are several free particle systems on the forum in case you can't buy the TGC Cloth and Particles pack. They tend to be tailored to specific purposes, like snow and fire. Baggers made a nice one a while back. Zerk's WIP zParticles looks really nice too. Extends has some nice particles in it as well.

The thing with the Cloth and Particles pack is that you can recreate anything that those packs can. The one exception is Bagger's which can use Sparky's DLL to create particle collisions. If I add rain I'm going to use his system, but I'll port it to a DLL first. If you use the Cloth and Particles pack you should get Batvink's SmartParticles editor, which is a fantastic and full featured particle editor.

@Deathead -
Awesome You like the shield spell you mean?

@Gil Galvanti -
I've got two commands for you...

Quote: "SET WINDOW LAYOUT 0, 0, 0"

That will remove the titlebar from the window.

Quote: "maximize window"

This mysterious command will actually 'Maximize the Window'

That will probably do it for you. If your edges are still jagged, try running it is 800x600. It might seem counter-intuitive, but you might like the pseudo AA look that it gives.

It's been a magic day of bug hunting. I've pretty much squashed every bug that's been bugging me for months now. I'm sure you all noticed how the spell book pages lagged behind the book when you dragged it. Fixed! Inventory has been fixed! I broke my RTS style buildings (the destructible ones), but now that's been fixed! Now armed weapons still act as normal objects, so you can open the spellbook while you're holding it. Fixed fixed fixed!!!

Now one of the last things I'll have to do is set up items to equip and unequip. The coding won't really be that hard. I've avoided and avoided this job because I'm going to have to create tons of 2D media for it to look right. Paperdolls, paperdoll weapons, thumbnails, etc. It will take hours of tedious crappy work. But, it has to be done.

After that and doors, I think I'm completely done with the engine. Wooo! I have a couple other minor things to improve, but nothing too big. One thing that I'm looking forward to is that Wolf is making a WolfExtra command for me that will allow me to assign an object's limb 0 position and orientation data directly to another object. The first version didn't quite work right, but I know the next one will. This will give me a few more valuable FPS. I've lost some speed with all of the recent additions to the game I've made.

Until then!!

Come see the WIP!

Attachments

Zombie 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2007 11:25
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! You're almost done!!! Good job cash!

Game King
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2007 11:45

^^
Now that was helpful! by the way nice spell icons.

tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2007 13:09
Now, for the spell list, could you add in some hidden/secret spells? That would TOTALLY rock.

For example

Chaos, Fire, Summon, Field... (firefield?)
Death, Water, Harm, Person... (icebolts?)
Birth, Air, Change, Time (time shield?)

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2007 18:50
Quote: "@Gil Galvanti -
I've got two commands for you...

Quote: "SET WINDOW LAYOUT 0, 0, 0"
That will remove the titlebar from the window.

Quote: "maximize window"
This mysterious command will actually 'Maximize the Window'

That will probably do it for you. If your edges are still jagged, try running it is 800x600. It might seem counter-intuitive, but you might like the pseudo AA look that it gives."

Ahh, that was easier than I thought, lol, thanks.

Quote: "It will take hours of tedious crappy work. But, it has to be done.
"

So is game-making, sometimes hours of tedious work (like debugging), and sometimes fun and easy .

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Thats it! I've holded it for too long.
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!
Wicked,Beautiful,An Unmissable w.i.p. thread.Arrggh!

My Avatar is copyright to John F's Wick Models
Bongadoo
Years of Service
User Offline
Great stuff. I'm amazed how dedicated you've been to this. Maybe one day Ultima VII shall be surpassed.

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten thousand ways that don't work." - Thomas Edison
Mike Inel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2007 15:53 Edited at: 17th Jun 2007 15:59
Very nice work! This game will definitely look great!
Quote: "I did forget to mention that I started Geisha House in 1997..."

Such dedication!!! I wish i'm like you...

One thing I want to comment though... The magic list things that rotates around the player... I think it's pretty hard to get the right magic/spell when they're all moving fast, especially when you want to cast magic while attacking/running away from an enemy... Just a thought...
One suggestion: Try making the spells written in the book glow when the player has already picked it, so it would less confuse the players...

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
I think it should just stay still when about to use magic.

Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2007 04:39 Edited at: 19th Jun 2007 04:42
@Zombie 20 -
It's getting there

@Game King -
I didn't even think to post that here In the game documentation I'm going to have a rune list though. Here's Scraggle's so far...

@tha_rami
Quote: "Now, for the spell list, could you add in some hidden/secret spells? That would TOTALLY rock."

Absolutely It wouldn't be much of a game without some nasty surprises

@Gil Galvanti -
Glad I can help

Making the engine isn't too much fun usually. But when the engine is done and I can spend all my time making the game itself, that will be fun. I'll probably start a new thread again at that point (GH's 3rd thread). I don't like it when a thread gets too big, it's impossible to navigate.

@Deathead -
Quote: "Thats it! I've holded it for too long.
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!
Wicked,Beautiful,An Unmissable w.i.p. thread.Arrggh!"

Heh Sure glad you like it!

Quote: "I think it should just stay still when about to use magic."

I'll adjust the speed, certainly. I do plan for it to move though, in the game. In the RPG Creator you'll be able to specify the speed - 0 if you like.

@Bongadoo -
Quote: "Great stuff. I'm amazed how dedicated you've been to this. Maybe one day Ultima VII shall be surpassed."

I don't know about Ultima being surpassed. Ultima was an amazing achievement, both technologically and as a game. Playing as the Avatar actually made you feel special, and that's something most games lack. It won't be for lack of trying though

@Mike Inel -
Quote: "Very nice work! This game will definitely look great!"

Thanks!

Quote: "Such dedication!!! I wish i'm like you..."

I've not been working on this since `97, that was a joke because the certificate said '1997' on it I've been working on it for about a year and a half, although I've taken two breaks to finish paid projects.

Quote: "I think it's pretty hard to get the right magic/spell when they're all moving fast, especially when you want to cast magic while attacking/running away from an enemy..."

It can be challenging, especially when the enemy is near. The magic is very powerful, game changing, so I want to limit it in some ways.

Quote: "One suggestion: Try making the spells written in the book glow when the player has already picked it, so it would less confuse the players..."

Unfortunately because of the way that I've made the books, that won't be possible. The spellbook is just a regular book as far as the game is concerned, it just contains the spells. There will be other books in the game as well.

I could make it so that the runes move to the top of the screen and assemble as you pick them though. I'll definitely consider that

Thanks Mike for your interest!

I'm sure you've all seen the Geek Culture post with the new spell art. Exciting! It keeps the same feel, but gives the game original art. It's all thanks to Scraggle!!

I've been working on other GUI art at the same time. It took quite a while to get all of the paperdoll art, but now it's finished. I've got 20 weapons total and can easily add more.

This is a PSP concept, the gold rings are thinner and are now located under his weapon hand and his shield elbow. The words aren't right. I just don't want to start GH for a screenshot at the moment.

More soon! The very next thing I'm going to do is add the ability to equip and unequip. The reason that I haven't done this so far is that the weapon system is coded as an RTS system, where characters have permanent weapons. It will take a little tweaking, but won't be too much of a problem. Maybe a day's work or so.

Come see the WIP!

Attachments

eek
Years of Service
User Offline
All of it looks wonderful.

On a side note, not sure if you know but your forum is terribly overrun by spam bots. Might want to shut it down or purge the posts and users. Just a thought.
bass guy1669
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2007 08:06
Man i will soooo get this game when it comes out, I don't care if it costs $60 i will buy it!

come see night shift at http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=106003&b=25 see you there
Alquerian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2007 11:28
Quote: "On a side note, not sure if you know but your forum is terribly overrun by spam bots. Might want to shut it down or purge the posts and users."

If he does that you will loose all of my posts with my bouncing boobie avatar. That would be no bueno.

Visit the Wip!
Zombie 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2007 00:57
This game could be easily up in ranks with starwraith and perhaps destroy its top position. I wish you the best cash and I want you to remember us all when you hit the big time lol.

I CAN HELP WITH PR IF YOU NEED BWHAHAHAHAH!!!

Zombie (TheMoaningKiller)

Chris Ritchie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2007 03:41
I'm pretty sure Ive said it before but I'm well in awe of the amount of work you have produced in this project. This project keeps me inspired for my own work. It's nice to have something to aim for.

Lead programmer ULIDIA
tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2007 04:44
Quote: "This game could be easily up in ranks with starwraith and perhaps destroy its top position. I wish you the best cash and I want you to remember us all when you hit the big time lol."

In terms of quality, it definitely seems to be getting closer to the last range of SW3D games - of course, we can't really say as we haven't played or 'felt' the game yet. The Star Wraith series have an unwavering quality which keeps surprising me, so it's definitely cool to see a game with similar potential as for example, Arvoch Conflict.

Lucifer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2007 20:24 Edited at: 25th Jun 2007 20:27
hey cash, i love the new updates, everything is looking so good.

and when will you upload a new video !!?? you know "we need da vidz"

Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2007 20:43
I'm quitting Geisha House, sorry guys

Come see the WIP!
NeX the Fairly Fast Ferret
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2007 20:47
Oh dear. That's a bit of a blow to the DB community. You sure? (Pleading)

Since the other one was scaring you guys so much...
Alfa x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2007 20:53 Edited at: 25th Jun 2007 20:58
Hi cash, I've been following the thread an I have some questions.

1) what is AA?.
2) Are you going to include more characters, like diferent skeletons?.
3) Is there some point in the game when you do alliances with other characters?.
4) What is "lol"?
5) Are you going to show us videos of the diferent levels of the game?

Congratulations with GH.

Edit: You must be joking.
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2007 20:56
You've quite clearly not followed it all the way to the end, then. AA is antialiasing, which is a screen smoothing operation. No, he's not going to make more characters, he's quit. Same goes for 3 and 5. Lol is Laughing Out Loud.

Deagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2007 21:00
Quote: "Cash Curtis II:
I'm quitting Geisha House, sorry guys "

No, you're not.

Deagle aka D-Eagle
dab
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2007 22:05
Quote: "I'm quitting Geisha House, sorry guys "

Some one got ahold of your account right? Please tell me this is a joke or something.
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2007 22:30
I dunno, smiley, correct grammar, and the classic Cash tone. It's quite possibly him.

Green7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2007 23:12 Edited at: 22nd Nov 2007 20:09
why?!
please, think again...all your progress, all your fans...
is there a way to help you?

Code Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2007 23:26 Edited at: 25th Jun 2007 23:29
Cash, are you all right?

You can't possibly be quitting...

With all your progress and this being a commercial game, a great opportunity, it just doesn't make logical sense.

You never really know a person until you look at their google autocomplete entries.
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2007 23:27
It does. His code is over 20000 lines long, and he's probably bored of it.

Code Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2007 23:36 Edited at: 25th Jun 2007 23:37
Well, if that's what it is taking a break and delaying the game for even several months if you're bored is still infinitely better than dumping it.

You never really know a person until you look at their google autocomplete entries.
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2007 00:12 Edited at: 26th Jun 2007 00:29
He's probably joking. I hope he is at least . He wouldn't quit after all the work he's put into it...would he? And knowing him, he would explain why, not just make a simple statement and leave it at that. And he's got two publishers looking at it. Yeah, he's kidding.

Agent Dink
Years of Service
User Offline
LOL, that HAS to be a joke.

Free music, textures, models, and tutorials.
Silver Dawn
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2007 02:45 Edited at: 28th Jun 2007 13:25
I'm sorry, I'm kidding! I've been wanting to do that for a while, I wanted to see who was paying attention. You're all busted!! I sure had NeX the Fairly Fast Ferret convinced it would seem

I'll reply to everything properly later, I've got to run right now.

Come see the WIP!

Attachments

Agent Dink
Years of Service
User Offline
Told you

Free music, textures, models, and tutorials.
Silver Dawn
TATO 4 EVER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2007 03:01
Cash, dont stop the greatness!

By the way, i have a question 4 you, are you using some kind of culling system? Or just the culling system thats comes with DBP?

@+

Forgotten Memories W.I.P

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-26 08:44:14
Your offset time is: 2024-06-26 08:44:14