Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / -Dream-

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2008 18:42
Turns out I had a lot of obligations this thanks giving, so only a bit of work got done on Dream. I remodeled the Sanctuary slightly and added a few effects to it in all instances. I've also made all the doors in the menu change with various progressions in the story. Annndd some more stuff, like fixing a few inconsistencies with story triggers if you play out the story certain ways.

Didn't get the 19th level done like I wanted to, and I've got a graphic novel to work on for the next week on top of a few other projects. Might be able to fit it in, otherwise you'll see it next week. I feel bad about not having stuff, so I'll give a peek at the level when it's done.

Alfa x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2008 20:56
You are almost finished keep it up!
Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2008 08:47 Edited at: 27th Dec 2008 14:36
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Clooooooooooooseeeeeeeeee..........

Not finished, WIP.

Well, I'm on break again, and it looks like I'll have time to program. Its probably been the most hectic and emotionally turbulent 1/4 year of my life. Projects and essays up the wazoo, friend dies and spending a lot of time with her boyfriend who is also a good friend of mine, getting a girlfriend and then having to leave her for break after only a week or two... So yeah.

For this break I have planned learning Visual Studio and Visual Basic, Working on my current board game, planning out my next Graphic Novel, brushing up on my comic strip writing skills, and working on Dream. I intend to finish the last level and the 18th level. Then I want to work on getting the cut-scenes done, because with that I'll be 99.9% finished.

But, with such massive delays in the release (we're talking years here), I figure I should give you guys something worthwhile. SO, I will be releasing the first 5.5 levels as a demo, the length of the final demo. The difference with this demo and the final demo is that the final demo will come out after the game is done and all final changes have been made. Other than that there will be no foreseeable differences. The date is not set, but expect the demo by January 3rd at the latest. That date will be updated later.

Edit: Heck I may even start a new thread with the demo, maybe request something in the newsletter. My only hesitation to do so was I had not released any demos aside from some VERY old stuff, and I really would like to have something in there for the final release. Bacially I'd only ask if I could get mentioned upon release as well.

I'd like to finish making the actual game ASAP, if circumstances will let. Hopefully then next few weeks will be full of updates.

tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2008 21:32
Sounds good. I'm keeping you to your word - 3th of January.

A mod has been erased by your signature because it was larger than 600x120
Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2008 04:22
Actually, lets change that to the 31st of New years. My family is making plans. Also, does a new thread sound like a good idea? This one is pretty dead even when I do post in it. Unlike zzz I seem unable to maintain a massive thread.

So, DEMO JAN 1ST, 2009.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2008 04:28
I think the thread should stay in here... I mean, it has the entire development history, which is good so people can catch up and whatnot (like me, lol) on what's been done for it. And they can see your awesome art skills at work along the way.

Btw, I am feverishly looking forward to playing the demo!!!!
(Much like everyone else, I'm sure, even if they haven't posted to say so )

The one and only,

Click Me, Please!
zzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2008 11:53 Edited at: 29th Dec 2008 11:54
Ooh, nice screenshot! Is that a path under water?
I can see why you would want to start a new thread for the demo. Naming a new thread "Dream >>>>DEMO OUT NOW<<<<" will probably gain a lot more attention. You can always link to this thread from the new one.

I'm looking forward to the demo!! I hope I'll make it past the 3rd level though.

Alfa x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2008 01:43
i agree with Plystire
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2008 22:39
Thanks, Alfa... but zzz does have a point. Bizar Guy wants more views and creating a thread titled "DEMO OUT" would definitally bring in lots of people.

The one and only,

Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2008 06:24
Yeah, I've decided to go with a new thread. This one is linked, as well as the other threads with the games dev history.

The new thread should be up in a moment, happy early New Years.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2008 06:45
Alright!!! A New Year's Eve's Eve present!

Downloading now, can't wait! (Stupid slow download speed )

The one and only,

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-17 06:31:17
Your offset time is: 2024-05-17 06:31:17