Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / -Dream-

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
No we don't, the quality is damn fine as it is.

Your about to get pwned.
tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2007 03:30
Better than this it shouldn't get, I'll buy it and then realize I needed the money to buy my girlfriend a little present coming week.

A mod has been erased by your signature because it was larger than 600x120
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2007 03:42
aluseus GOD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2007 04:31
Ok than Bizar guy. I dont care. I can play make my own puzzle game!

Your signature has been deleted by a moderator because this joke is getting old.
tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2007 04:33
... Or put aside some money and buy it anyway. As far as I can remember, this won't be exceeding $15, wasn't it?

aluseus GOD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2007 04:52 Edited at: 1st Oct 2007 04:52
Hah. As if. The only money I get is the money I pick up from the ground. No allowance, No job(as if), No monetary presents for a while, and if I got money, Id spend it on candy, a video game, or a plugin I want BAD.

For me, 15$ is like 200$

Your signature has been deleted by a moderator because this joke is getting old.
tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2007 05:21
Quote: "Id spend it on candy, a video game, or a plugin I want BAD."

If you're to spend it on candy or a videogame, then why not spend it on this video game if you want it so bad... I mean, $15 is good value for a game of which a near ancient teaser plays so well as this games' teaser did.

Alfa x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2007 06:13
@ all: I mean more complete.It is looking towards it.

aluseus GOD: I defently buy it, if you are folowing this thread its fair he charges for his artistic work he has to get more $$$$ inspiration.
Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: osu!
Posted: 1st Oct 2007 08:08
Hey Bizar Guy, I have an idea... Since this is gonna be the last time you use the dream engine anyways, you should sell the engine. (Either as source code, or like how the FPSC engine is.. A runtime environment with scripts).

Cheers,

-naota

DBP, $80. DBP's plugins, $320. Watching DBP Crash, Priceless.
NG Website Aex.Uni forums
tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2007 08:26
Quote: "The source for this is messy. But the main parts I'm going to continue developing in later games, and I'll eventually release as independent functions, I think.
Edit: Well, no, it's not messy, but I'd be embarrassed to show it."

Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2007 08:59
Yeah, I just realised that.

aluseus GOD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2007 01:21
Im not saying its unfair. Im saying im not going to spend 15$ on it. I dont want it that bad.

tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2007 03:38
Quote: "Im not saying its unfair. Im saying im not going to spend 15$ on it. I dont want it that bad."

Thanks for the information, dude. We're really glad to hear so. If you're so short of money, may I ask why you're hanging around here instead of working your ass of for some cash?

Know what, just never mind. Let's keep this on topic.

Micophone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2007 10:45
Hahaha, there goes tha_rami stirring up some action!

Nothing low quality about it I think, its just the essence and style of the game. And that works for me!

Mico
Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2007 17:03 Edited at: 2nd Oct 2007 19:41
Well, I typed a long post with a few witty responses and some information on where I'll be going with the next few updates, but when I tried to post it the entire TGC website stopped working for me for like 2 or 3 hours.

It seems people have answered for me though, so I don't have much to say anymore. The Price is probably going to be about $12.97, as that adds up to 19 and feels substantially higher than $10 to me, which is around where people don't buy a game because the think it costs so little 'cause it sucks. I might go higher though to $13.96 or $14.95 if enough people still think it sounds bargain bin (I'll be asking mostly people I know in person, but feel free to post comments about the possible price here).

...Ehem.

Alright, I'm just going to post updates as surprises for a while, as I don't want to explain all over again what I plan to do.

The new level select!!!

I've decided on something different than what I was thinking of changing it to, and this version doesn't require me to wait until the end of the game to make it. This is still very much in wip form.

Edit: Did I mention that every level but the last one is done?

tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2007 20:10
Those the levels? I count 17... Means I miss two to count us to the enigmatic 19...

Looking good, as I'd expected it to be. Very odd yet pretty .

TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2007 20:45
Looks awesome; I've got my $12.97 ready!

Alfa x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2007 00:26
me too!
Micophone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2007 05:20
That screen is looking great! I really wanna play those new levels.

One thing though, the locked door. Maybe you are still working on it, but how about actually having a locked door with a huge padlock on it. Hehehe

Mico
Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2007 07:17
Oh, that's just a left over texture from the old system. Locked doors are closed. I've made a lot of progress with it, but I want to wait until the level bios are relatively done to take a new pic or maybe a vid.

And only 15 of the 17 levels have keys... The bonus and final levels are key free. It has to do with the story, but there are 5 keys in the sanctuary. I was originally going to do 19 levels, and there's a chance that I'll add 2 more bonus story levels at the end, which show what happen afterwords, but that really depends on how fast I work. They would probably unlock if you beat a certain high score in the time and step trials of each level, aside from the bonus one. Beating the high scores on the bonus level will probably unlock a new suit.

Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2007 23:08
Here's a new screen. The only part of the bio's I've finished is the name, but I wanted to show a bit.

This is what the screen looks like when you start a new game:

Doors open as you unlock them, and I've gotten the cut scenes to flow with the levels. There's a real sense of progression now.

Dr Manette
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2007 23:31
Nice job, I'm loving the menu.

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
@Bizar: For the credits you should have a door fly at the screen and then it opens up and goes into the black and then plays the credits

tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2007 05:46
@Bizar: It's Bizarre how you do all of this.

aluseus GOD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2007 05:57
Man I think I might buy this! Wait.. Where will i get the money.... Think. Think. I know! I'll make my own game!

Hey thanx for the inspiration bizar.
Man this wip is so bizarre.

Anyway, yeah, I changed my mind, I will get this!

Not even a strait suit, you, caramel, the recycling bin, uber code, and chuck norris combined can keep me safe from me. Mostly cuz I exist.
Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2007 19:09
@Deathead, have you tried the most recent demo? You can see the partialy done credits there.

@tha_rami, you know what's bizzare? Dream is only 3784 live of code. Granted there's a ton of code, I just never realized how compactly I programmed.

@aluseus GOD, if you want to buy it that's fine, if you want to make your out game, that's great. But there will be a free demo so don't feel like you wont be able to play it at all without buying it.

I've had people test my game a lot recently, and I've found that having the undo button is a necessity for most gamers. But in later levels people are making a lot of mistakes in movement, and have to restart the level over and over until they're really frustrated. I'm thinking I might want to add a button where you can only use it once per level play, but it will return you the the last space you were at. I'm not particularly worried about easiness, the puzzles will be just as hard. But there will be a little less consequence. The issue here though, will be that the game has a much shorted play time, due to the undo button and definitely if I add this new feature. I think I'm going to have to add two more story levels at the end, if I'm going to have a decent play time. Not because the story levels will take a long time, but because getting the high scores to unlock them will.

tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2007 19:31
I think the undo button is a bad one... It's already there, isn't it? You can press spacebar after putting down a crate, cant you? I mean, once per level is a good compromise but I'd rather see it having consequences to make a mistakes.

Story levels require highscores? Hmm... two more story levels... let me guess... that adds up to 19 levels?

Alfa x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2007 20:36
@ Bizar: I think the same as tha Rami.
Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "@Deathead, have you tried the most recent demo? You can see the partialy done credits there."

Oh. No sorry I'll check it out

Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2007 21:50
Alright, I wasn't that crazy about the idea to begin with. But I am going to leave the undo button that lets you pick up a block you dropped. It's really a major part of the game at this point. I think I'll make it add to your time and step count though.

I'll try having a decent size update over the weekend. We'll see how things go.

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2007 05:30
Finally got around to downloading and playing the beta, and I have to say it's a very fun puzzle game . Just wish there were more 2 levels in the demo...guess I may have to buy the full game .

Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
Cant wait until its done, like Gil said, I'm craving more!

Your about to get pwned.
Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2007 17:53
The final Demo will include the first 5 levels, but I'd be great if you wanted to buy the full game.

I don't have any huge updates, I've had some issues that suggest I should better organize my time. If I could plan out my entire day, I'd have time to get some quality programming time in every week, that wouldn't interfere with studies. I'm going out to buy a day planner today. I already use notebooks, but I'm thinking something that I can plan out by the hour would make it a lot easier to get my priorities strait.

For updates I've been tweaking the camera in a few few levels, and after having one of my main testers try through the whole game, I realized how I could fix a bunch of perspective issues, especially in the 11th level, which with the difficult camera angles has been one of the hardest levels. I realized I could have the camera also dependant on which way the character is facing. It makes the puzzle a lot less frustrating now that you can see what you're doing. I have a few more scenes I need to put together, and after those I'm thinking I should work on the level finish screen and add the time and step mechanics.

See yas laterz, I'll show a screen from the next cut scene in my next update.

demons breath
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2007 22:06
This sounds really good.. I'd pay the £6 for it definitely (just need to find a way of actually paying - I don't have paypal or anything)

One thing... The game does save your progress doesn't it? So you can close the whole thing down and reload? I would assume it did but some post someone else made earlier confused me.

Oh yeah and I'm using your background

http://jamesmason01.googlepages.com/index.htm
Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2007 18:56
The game saves your progress automaticaly, each time you walk through a doorway, as well as when you quit the game.

Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2007 04:03
If I had money I'd pay for this! It looks very awsome mate, good job.

Cheers,

-naota

tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2007 04:14
If it supports iDeal or some other form that would make payment easy for me, I'll buy it. Heck, I'll even do trouble for it and ask my parents creditcard!

Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2007 17:37
Oh, rami, I'm almost ready with that thing you wanted... all depends on what my schedule is like next week.

tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2007 21:27
Awesome. I hope to hear further details through e-mail . I have some additional things you might like to hear .

Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2007 22:24 Edited at: 19th Oct 2007 22:51
Alright.

This isn't an update, I was just running a test and thought this looked really cool. I'll leave it up to peoples imaginations to guess what's happening

Edit: I'm going on a date (sorta) tonight, and leaving by plane tomorrow at 4 in the morning, so don't expect anything update wise until Sunday at the soonest.

Alfa x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2007 23:03
Good luck in your date
tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2007 04:21
Seems like that's gonna hurt...

TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2007 11:36
Quote: "Seems like that's gonna hurt..."

Yeah, dates can be that way sometimes. Oh! Did you mean the screenshot? Lol!

Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2007 07:42 Edited at: 21st Oct 2007 07:50
I said SORTA a date! It was more of just hanging out for the evening. It would have been a date if it hadn't rained, though. Also, just so people know, I'm not posting my entire social life here, far from it. I only post if I have a date or am traveling or something if it means I'm going to be posting an update later than I thought, etc.

Edit: Why am I explaining this? Probably gives the wrong image if I feel I have to post my reasons for something like that. Oh well, I'm tired. And I'm, erm, yes. Goodnight.

Still saturday here, and I'm dead tired. I think the full update really will be ready tomorrow (whoop probably just jinxed it), but I wanted to post because I was going through work on the update and decided to try a full test run of the story so far, and was really pleased and a bit surprised to feel everything I had intended the story to make the player feel. I felt disturbed where I had planned it, and happy where I put upbeat visuals and dialogue. And I felt horrified where I had wanted such, which honestly surprised me, because I knew everything that was going to happen and yet it still effected me when I played through the whole story, at least what I've got made.

Something interesting about the story is that I've tried to make the player feel like they have a lot of power in the decision making process the character does, and to an extent they do. Everything seems to fall into place to maintain a delicate balance that the story requires. Something I think is really cool, is that for the first few levels you could mistake the story as just an excuse for the puzzles. It's pretty cool to realize the story is part of the game.

tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2007 08:44
Quit bragging with those ubercool features and work on that update. You're driving me nuts.

Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2007 03:26 Edited at: 25th Oct 2007 03:26
Just a quick post, but Dream has been converted to DB 2.0

Superman wears Chuck Norris PJ's
tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2007 03:28
Awesome stuff . DB2.0 is a big improvement, I've seen it's power in two projects up till now, and both have shown some serious problems disappearing into the wind.

I really can't wait to see more of Dream!

Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2007 03:40 Edited at: 25th Oct 2007 03:53
Quote: "I really can't wait to see more of Dream!"

Heh!

I suppose I can post it now, but I've just finished adding the inner dialogues that Kel has. I still need to do some camera work for them though. I've been putting off finishing the cut scene I'm working on. I'll have that done soon.

Edit:
Here's a bit from one of the inner dialogues.

Superman wears Chuck Norris PJ's
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2007 11:56
Quote: "Am I dead?"

Ah, that cliched little puzzler! Lol! I must admit that I haven't tried the last demo because I've decided that I want to avoid ruining the story for myself! I'll wait and till you have finished and then buy it!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-17 11:48:05
Your offset time is: 2024-05-17 11:48:05